PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Engram is out 6-8 weeks, Deion Branch will probably miss the opener as well

Mitchy moo
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Seattle is starting off the season hurt, their top WR is a nobody. I know the football god's watch these boards, so I cannot mention this as good or bad.

SABURZFAN
08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
they're hurting at WR.

TigerJ
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Let's wait a couple weeks before whe worry too much about where the Seahawks are in good shape and where their hurting, unless you think they can be persuaded to part with their starting left tackle in a trade for Josh Reed.

Coach Sal
08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
They were already thin at WR talent before these injuries.

This is the best possible scenario for our young CBs in their first game.

mikemac2001
08-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Ill take it any advantage helps.

Mitchy moo
08-11-2008, 08:33 PM
They were already thin at WR talent before these injuries.

This is the best possible scenario for our young CBs in their first game.

I think you're right.

Al the Bills Fan
08-11-2008, 08:40 PM
This will help our young cb's.... Looks like the Seahawks will be forced to run the ball, now we just have to figure out how to stop the run

Mitchy moo
08-11-2008, 09:46 PM
This will help our young cb's.... Looks like the Seahawks will be forced to run the ball, now we just have to figure out how to stop the run

One thing at a time.

RingofFire
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
There rb's sux too. Maurice Morris and Julius Jones splitting.

mybills
08-12-2008, 07:46 AM
It'll help make the 7.5 hour drive worth it if it gives us an edge to win.

R. Rich
08-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Seattle is starting off the season hurt, their top WR is a nobody. I know the football god's watch these boards, so I cannot mention this as good or bad.

You continue to post here, so the football gods aren't watching but so much.

Tatonka
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
seattle is stupid for not signing dj hackett for the chump change he got paid to go be the 3rd string in carolina.

Ickybaluky
08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Deion Branch is on track to be back before the opener, according to reports. Plus, they still have Nate Burleson.

They like their young WR, particularly Ben Obomanu (a former PS-er who has some of the same traits as Hackett). Logan Payne is banged up, but shouldn't be out long. Jordan Kent has had a strong camp and Courtney Taylor is a guy with talent.

John Carlson is going to be a very good player for them at TE as well. I think they will be OK.

don137
08-12-2008, 08:34 AM
seattle is stupid for not signing dj hackett for the chump change he got paid to go be the 3rd string in carolina.
Hackett wouldn't due much good right now anyways. He is out with an injury and not practicing.

streetkings01
08-12-2008, 09:28 AM
The question should be......Can this defense stop Morris, Jones, and Duckett?

trapezeus
08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
teams that come banged up and play scrubs usually beat up on us. you put a good team in front of the bills and they'll try their best to hang with them. you put scrubs out there and the game will be over by halftime.

Ickybaluky
08-12-2008, 09:44 AM
The question should be......Can this defense stop Morris, Jones, and Duckett?

Since Hutchinson left and and Shawn Alexander went into the tank Seattle has been a passing team. Even with the new backs, they are still a pass-first team. Morris and Jones are both quick, shifty guys who fit their offense, but neither is a physical, power runner. I don't think they can line up and beat the Bills with the run game.

I think against Seattle you have to stop the pass first. However, I think it is mistake to think that they will struggle because of injuries at WR. Hasselbeck is a good QB, and they have shown the last couple years that they can still produce points when key players are out on offense.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 09:49 AM
It's still early and I hope their wr problems don't happen to us.

Oaf
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
The way our defense plays sometimes, it won't matter. We're bend, don't break no matter who we play. Scrubs can and will move the chains on us, but it also seems that we never give huge games to big time WRs except for Moss last year. So we can neither shutdown the inferior nor get often exposed by the superior.

BAM
08-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Cool. I mean obviously not cool that they got hurt in that sense, but cool that we don't have to play against them. We'll just make allstars out of their 3rd and 4th string wideouts. :D