PDA

View Full Version : Doom and Gloom

Confused
08-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Right off the bat, any response stating how stupid we would be to trade Peters will be negged and ignored. I know it would be really freeking dumb to trade him. What I am trying to speculate here is:
Imagine.......
Jason Peters holds out well into the regular season. talks(are there any?) break down, trust is destroyed and all that nastyness comes to a head. Its time for Jason to find a new home.
What is he worth on the trading block?

I say he is undoubtably worth a 1st. If he goes to a team that is a serious contender, meaning said 1st would be a late 1st(say pick21-32) we get a third as well.

Thoughts?

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 02:40 PM
1st and a 3rd :D

patmoran2006
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Disturbing to hear, but I'd be dishonest if i said anything else: Id rather Ralphie was gone and take my chances we'd get a real owner who wants to not only keep the team in Buffalo but win also, before I'd root for this team again if they were to trade away their franchise, elite left tackle for draft picks.

There is NO draft picks out there that compensate for a franchise LT. Do you know how hard it is to find an elite left tackle? You could draft the top OT in the draft for a decade straight and if two of those 10 became as good as Peters we'd be lucky.

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Disturbing to hear, but I'd be dishonest if i said anything else: Id rather Ralphie was gone and take my chances we'd get a real owner who wants to not only keep the team in Buffalo but win also, before I'd root for this team again if they were to trade away their franchise, elite left tackle for draft picks.

There is NO draft picks out there that compensate for a franchise LT. Do you know how hard it is to find an elite left tackle? You could draft the top OT in the draft for a decade straight and if two of those 10 became as good as Peters we'd be lucky.

what he said...

patmoran2006
08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
When you have an elite Quarterback, Left Tackle or Defensive End, you do NOT trade them or let them go. They're far and away the most irreplacable positions in football.

Every year you see a ton of huge free agent signings. but how often are they LT, DE or QB? Rarely ever. They're usually WR, CB, G, RB, LB. They're more easy to replace.

Jason Peters is as irreplacable to Buffalo as Peyton Manning is to Indy.

mayotm
08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Since we are playing fantasy here, Peters and Youboty for Joe Thomas.

Confused
08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
whats the hold up with re-signing this fat sum***** then? Does he not want to be a Bill? Can we buy his affection for the team?

I'm frustrated.

Say he hates Buffalo( ungrateful *****. we took a chance on him remember?) Will he hold out the next 3 years?

I had an epiphany, He doesnt want to be here. Its the only thing that makes sense at this point. Or his agent is a total Jerk-off which is a distinct possibility. Has Steven Jackson reported yet? same agent.

Confused
08-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Since we are playing fantasy here, Peters and Youboty for Joe Thomas.

Peters Losman Reed and Yourbooty for Thomas and Winslow.

Ebenezer
08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
When you have an elite Quarterback, Left Tackle or Defensive End, you do NOT trade them or let them go. They're far and away the most irreplacable positions in football.

Every year you see a ton of huge free agent signings. but how often are they LT, DE or QB? Rarely ever. They're usually WR, CB, G, RB, LB. They're more easy to replace.

You need to stop hitting the bong. Peters is invaluable but he is not Peyton Manning. Nor is he an elite LT. He has made all of one freakin' Pro Bowl which is a glorified popularity contest. ELITE players make the probowl annually. Don't crown him Munoz just yet.

Ebenezer
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Peters Losman Reed and Yourbooty for Thomas and Winslow.
yeah...and then they go remove the grapefruit sized tumor from the Cleveland GM. :rolleyes:

yordad
08-12-2008, 03:10 PM
two 1st to start

patmoran2006
08-12-2008, 03:12 PM
You need to stop hitting the bong. Peters is invaluable but he is not Peyton Manning. Nor is he an elite LT. He has made all of one freakin' Pro Bowl which is a glorified popularity contest. ELITE players make the probowl annually. Don't crown him Munoz just yet.
I didnt say he was as good as Peyton Manning. I said he is as valuabe to us as Manning is to the Colts.

THe Bills will be fortunate to win 6 games if Peters didnt play this year. The offense will be THAT bad. and our defense is not THAT good.

patmoran2006
08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
yeah...and then they go remove the grapefruit sized tumor from the Cleveland GM. :rolleyes:
if 32 GMs in the league could pick two tackles in the NFL right now to build their teams around, I highly doubt any less than 29-30 would pick Peters and Joe Thomas.

Bills fans dont realize how dominating Peters is because the rest of the offense is pretty pathetic.

Mitchy moo
08-12-2008, 03:17 PM
two 1st to start

If this be the case then let's send him to Miami so we can get the first pick in the draft for the next few years.

raphael120
08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
If Buffalo trades Peters I'm trading my Buffalo fandom in for Steelers fandom. At that point, theyre not serious about winning and I want to root for a team that does.

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM

hes 26.

plus, you're contradicting yourself a bit. you say the pro bowl is a popularity contest, which it is. roy williams sucks as a safety yet he makes the pro bowl every year. so it shouldnt matter if he has ever made it, yet alone multiple.

he is a damn good lineman, period. and he will do a better job protecting our QBs backside better than anyone we could possibly get right now.

feelthepain
08-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Right off the bat, any response stating how stupid we would be to trade Peters will be negged and ignored. I know it would be really freeking dumb to trade him. What I am trying to speculate here is:
Imagine.......
Jason Peters holds out well into the regular season. talks(are there any?) break down, trust is destroyed and all that nastyness comes to a head. Its time for Jason to find a new home.

I say he is undoubtably worth a 1st. If he goes to a team that is a serious contender, meaning said 1st would be a late 1st(say pick21-32) we get a third as well.

Thoughts?

I think Peters deserves the money, but don't get carried away with his value. He's still in the proving stages. I think he can be what Bill fans and all football fans want their LT to be, but he needs to make the probowl for the next 10 years to be that player he's simply not there yet.

bigbub2352
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Not even an option, jason Peters is much more valuable than any set of picks, Elit LTs are impossible to find we havent had one since Will Wolford, and look at all the losers and injury prone players we had since then

No trade must sign

Night Train
08-12-2008, 03:29 PM
We trade Peters To Dallas for LT Flozell Adams.

Then we trade Youboty,Kelsay and revitalized SUPERSTAR J.P. Losman to Houston for DE Mario Williams.

We then trade Melvin Fowler and our 2nd round pick for the next 5 years to Indy for C Jeff Saturday & WR Reggie Wayne.

Finally, we trade Josh Reed and our next 2 1st Rounders to Minnesota for Guard Steve Hutchinson.

< Press ENTER > ( click )

feelthepain
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
If this be the case then let's send him to Miami so we can get the first pick in the draft for the next few years.

As usual you are just making it too easy! It's amazing how willing you are to stick your neck out. At the very least BP makes the Dolphins tougher and far more disciplined. But you just keep living in your own little world.

justasportsfan
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
At the very least BP makes the Dolphins tougher and far more disciplined. But you just keep living in your own little world.
As a coach. There's nothing proven about him being the GM.

X-Era
08-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Imagine.......

Thoughts?

Its not stupid at all, I proposed the same thing a week or so back.

I think the DUMBEST thing we can do is just play the game with the line in the sand where he sits forever. Thats freakin stupid. NOTE: Im not saying the Bills should cave. Im saying that if they can get a amicable resolution fast, you might as well trade him so that we dont take a major blow on offense before we even get started. Its stupid to have him on our roster, counting against the cap, and get a big fat ZIPPO out of him on the field.

Id love for us to land a solid RT and a young stud TE. That would seem like a decent deal.

How about Peters and our 3rd rounder for Jonas Jennings and Vernon Davis :drool: Not happening I know.

How about John Tait and Greg Olsen for Peters and a pick

X-Era
08-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Indy had all three... what I would give for Polian back.

Confused
08-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I'd take Vernon Davis stright up for Peters. If we dont have peters, we need to dump the ball off quick, might as well throw it to someone who can run

Patti120
08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Peters for Mcgahee straight up!

Confused
08-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Peters for Mcgahee straight up!
frick yeah!!!!!

trapezeus
08-12-2008, 04:16 PM
peters trade value is not worth having to sit through one more god awful year. So no trade. i'm with Pat Moran on this one. you have a LT that's good, you pay him and play him. There is no leverage to get draft picks and other people's problems.

Confused
08-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Ok. THE WHY IN CHRIST'S NAME HAVENT WE SETTLED THIS MESS?

PETERS DOESNT WANT TO BE A BILL ANYMORE AND NO AMOUNT OFMONEY WILL CHANGE THAT. WAIT AND SEE.

raphael120
08-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok. THE WHY IN CHRIST'S NAME HAVENT WE SETTLED THIS MESS?

PETERS DOESNT WANT TO BE A BILL ANYMORE AND NO AMOUNT OFMONEY WILL CHANGE THAT. WAIT AND SEE.

i wouldnt be surprised if thats the case too.

Confused
08-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Thats where we are heading. I dont like it at all. we are fuct if this is true.

baalworship
08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
I agree that Joe Thomas and Jason Peters are the best young left tackles in the game.

Peters is still raw and he already has made a Pro-Bowl...he will be one of the all time great Bills.

Not paying him is killing this team's chance to get their offense and line in sync...STUPID. If Peters is not in here soon we will not win 8 games, let alone make the playoffs.

patmoran2006
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Its not stupid at all, I proposed the same thing a week or so back.

I think the DUMBEST thing we can do is just play the game with the line in the sand where he sits forever. Thats freakin stupid. NOTE: Im not saying the Bills should cave. Im saying that if they can get a amicable resolution fast, you might as well trade him so that we dont take a major blow on offense before we even get started. Its stupid to have him on our roster, counting against the cap, and get a big fat ZIPPO out of him on the field.

Id love for us to land a solid RT and a young stud TE. That would seem like a decent deal.

How about Peters and our 3rd rounder for Jonas Jennings and Vernon Davis :drool: Not happening I know.

How about John Tait and Greg Olsen for Peters and a pick
It's not happening because your living in fantasy land.. If I'm Russ Brandon, I laugh at both those scenarios.

Jonas Jennings sucks, when he's not hurt, and Vernon Davis can't say on the field either. And you want to give up Peters AND a 3rd round pick???

JOhn Tait? LOL he's 80 years old. WHy dont we just see if Howard Ballard wants to come out of retirement.

Jason Peters is a Franchise player, you dont trade him for anybody.

Confused
08-12-2008, 05:23 PM
then he holds out for the next three years and we lose him to free agency. period.

PromoTheRobot
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM

You're funny. A new owner who spends money but wants to keep the team in Buffalo. Dream on. Besides, you'd find a reason to hate them too.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
then he holds out for the next three years and we lose him to free agency. period.
You do realize that if Peters held out for 3 years, he'd still owe the Bills 3 years. There is no way a player can hold out and get out of a contract. Besides, how much would Peters be worth after missing three straight seasons? He'd be lucky to get an offer from the Arena league by then.

PTR

Bone
08-12-2008, 10:52 PM

And it shows how dumb we are for not giving this guy his $