PDA

View Full Version : Training camp awards

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 01:39 PM
TRAINING CAMP AWARDS: With training camp officially over here are our 2008 Training Camp Awards.

MVP - Lee Evans - He was clearly the most dominant player on the field from start to finish in camp.

MIP - Derek Schouman - His recent knee injury not withstanding, Schouman made a lot of progress with his game from year one to year two.

Best comeback - Robert Royal - Ko Simpson did well this offseason, but Royal was much further behind and has come a long way from just a couple of months ago to reclaim his game.

Most consistent - Evans, Jabari Greer, Chris Kelsay - These three players personify work ethic. They don't take a snap off, rarely ask for a lighter workload and it shows in their play.

Most elusive - Marshawn Lynch - His ability to bob and weave without losing speed is remarkable. Another strong camp for the Bills featured back.

Best hitter - Darian Barnes - While there wasn't any full live goal line team work, Barnes did lay some people out on special teams kick return drills. The Bills have themselves an old-fashioned fullback.

Most powerful - Marcus Stroud - The Bills big DT didn't get to flash his strength often in the camp setting as it's not full live football, but in one-on-one pass rush drills there was no stopping him.

Most versatile - Spencer Johnson - Johnson has lined up at both DT spots and defensive end. He's going to be even more valuable than he already is now if anyone should go down to injury on the D-line. Honorable mention to Jon Corto who moved from safety to linebacker.

Most pleasant surprise - Reggie Corner - I somewhat anticipated that Corner would hold his own in camp after watching him in OTAs, but he's been very good in the camp setting and was among the team leaders in interceptions with three. This fourth-round pick was a very, very good one.

Most inventive - Bobby April - the special teams coordinator continues to find ways to utilize every ounce of talent he has at his disposal. His use of John Wendling leaping over the lines on field goals to attempt a block is just one example.

--- http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

bigbub2352
08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
what about most disappointing? i would have to go with James Hardy sorry everyone, but he didnt do much so far hope he snaps out of his funk
RUnning close second is John McCargo he did nothing either to improve his stock

DraftBoy
08-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh come on CB! How the hell can Schouman get MIP when he's done jack in the preseason?? What a joke that is...

All he has been doing is giving Schouman more and more praise for the way he practices yet it so far has translated into nothing. He'd be my biggest dissapointment.

Confused
08-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Poz for best comeback?

Pinkerton Security
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
what about most disappointing? i would have to go with James Hardy sorry everyone, but he didnt do much so far hope he snaps out of his funk
RUnning close second is John McCargo he did nothing either to improve his stock

Now these are training camp awards....I've heard a decent amount about him making grabs in practices.

However, McCargo I agree on, though again, this was supposed to be based on camp, so I couldnt tell you for sure bc I havent been there.

RockStar36
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I love "Most Elusive". Who else would even be nominated for an award like that?

Pinkerton Security
08-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I love "Most Elusive". Who else would even be nominated for an award like that?

roscoe should have won it.

madness
08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh come on CB! How the hell can Schouman get MIP when he's done jack in the preseason?? What a joke that is...

All he has been doing is giving Schouman more and more praise for the way he practices yet it so far has translated into nothing. He'd be my biggest dissapointment.

TRAINING CAMP AWARDS: With training camp officially over here are our 2008 Training Camp Awards.

not

PRESEASON CAMP AWARDS: With preseason officially over here are our 2008 Preseason Awards.

DraftBoy
08-20-2008, 04:56 PM
not

Yes I realize that but how can you give a guy most improved player when he isn't showing it in the games??

Mr. Pink
08-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Biggest Disappointment - Jason for not showing up.

madness
08-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes I realize that but how can you give a guy most improved player when he isn't showing it in the games??

I would have liked to see him play this week before I jumped to a conclusion.

I'm not saying I agree with the pick but he definitely stepped up his from last year.

Night Train
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
That damn Chris Brown and his positive threads.

We know better !

Mr. Pink
08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Chris Brown Corporate Yes Man!

Gotta love him!

DraftBoy
08-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I would have liked to see him play this week before I jumped to a conclusion.

I'm not saying I agree with the pick but he definitely stepped up his from last year.

How??

Mr. Pink
08-20-2008, 06:13 PM
How??

Whatever Chris Brown says is gospel.

BOW DOWN!

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Schouman also only played in one pre-season game, so it is kinda difficult to do much.

DraftBoy
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Schouman also only played in one pre-season game, so it is kinda difficult to do much.

Somewhat reinforces my point about how the hell he can possibly be named MIP.