PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to say it. This defense might be better than Bruce,Phil & Co.!

blackonyx89
09-08-2008, 10:00 AM
This D looks good scary good! If they keep this up, they might be as good as the
90's Bills D, maybe better. Thoughts?

justasportsfan
09-08-2008, 10:01 AM
whoa!

blackonyx89
09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
whoa!

Yeah, I said it!!! LOL!
:brush:

HHURRICANE
Uhhhh, no. But I think they are better than the 2003 D because they don't have to blitz every down to get pressure.

Pinkerton Security
wow. lets take a step back and realize we played a team with no WR's and a weak-a** running game. if we can stifle the Jags, then I'll be leaning more your way but lets not get too crazy.

OpIv37
09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
wow. lets take a step back and realize we played a team with no WR's and a weak-a** running game. if we can stifle the Jags, then I'll be leaning more your way but lets not get too crazy.

agreed. The D looked damn good but was only one game. If they can do what they did yesterday continuously, then they can be compared to some of the great D's we've had in the past.

camelcowboy
09-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Uhhhh, no. But I think they are better than the 2003 D because they don't have to blitz every down to get pressure.
I thought 2003 was better than the 1990's bills

Mr. Miyagi
09-08-2008, 10:14 AM
agreed. The D looked damn good but was only one game. If they can do what they did yesterday continuously, then they can be compared to some of the great D's we've had in the past.
Wow getting Op to say our d was "damn good" is a huge accomplishment in itself. :up:

Meathead
09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm going to say it. This offense might be better than Jim, Thurman & Co.!

puh lease

yeah and gisele might break up with that gimp and come get her some mh

put down the glasses and step away from the optimism cliff diving

Lexwhat
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Exactly! We won a game which we were supposed to win, and I'm happy about that.

Blackonyx: I will give you one thing. This could be the best Special Teams unit we have ever had, and that's saying a lot.

Michael82
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I loved what I saw from our defense, but I still say that if the Seahawks had receivers out there that could actually catch the ball, it would have been a lot closer. I saw so many drops and their receivers were pretty pathetic!

mysticsoto
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I loved what I saw from our defense, but I still say that if the Seahawks had receivers out there that could actually catch the ball, it would have been a lot closer. I saw so many drops and their receivers were pretty pathetic!

That's right. And let's not forget that 2 scores belonged to STs. They won't be able to do that every week and our offense needs to make sure they can score and win without help from STs. The game would have been alot closer without those 2 scores and we'd have bitten all the nails off our fingers up and until the end.

madness
09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
We also wreaked havoc against a very good line and QB. I was very impressed with MH's pocket presence. He may have single-handily kept Buffalo's sack total out of double digits.

If we continue to get pressure like that every game, nobody will want to face this defense.

Iehoshua
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Take a deep breath and repeat to yourself..
"One game."

justasportsfan
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I didn't like our D . They made the game boring when the seahags couldn't do anything against them :yawn:

Kenny
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
This D looks good scary good! If they keep this up, they might be as good as the
90's Bills D, maybe better. Thoughts?

Not a chance in hell. We played a very weak/depleted offense.

Put Bruce in the weakest defense in the league today, and it would probably be better than ours.
Bruce was a force all by himself. I mean can you imagine what his numbers would have been if he played in the a 4-3?

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-08-2008, 01:12 PM
That's right. And let's not forget that 2 scores belonged to STs. They won't be able to do that every week and our offense needs to make sure they can score and win without help from STs. The game would have been alot closer without those 2 scores and we'd have bitten all the nails off our fingers up and until the end.

thats not entirely true..our ST's is gonna help us win every game..weather it'd be with a TD or just giving us good field positioning..we'll be seeing it all year!