PDA

View Full Version : Early returns on Edwards are very good

Ickybaluky
09-15-2008, 07:40 AM
I like Edwards. He has poise. He is accurate. He has nice throwing mechanics. He makes all the throws.

I was pretty sure from watching him that he was going to be a good player. The question I had is: how good? How high is the ceiling?

It is early, but based on the first couple games this season the ceiling may be quite high. Edwards is running the Bills offense with great efficiency, and you can see the confidence his teammates are developing in him.

You guys have been waiting a long time to get a QB to build around. All those years of yearning for the next Kelly. It seems you may have finally found the answer.

Granted, Edwards still has to prove he can keep it up over the long haul. There will undoubtedly be highs and lows along the way.

However, color me impressed. This kid may be ready to burst onto the scene.

Jeff1220
09-15-2008, 07:44 AM
He has definitely been efficient, and we'll take that right now. If he turns into the next great Bills QB, even better.

Mitchy moo
09-15-2008, 07:49 AM
His pocket poise is uncanny. He literally stepped up from a reaching hand and fired a strike to Evans and on the very next play hit Hardy 11 feet in the air. What is not to like?

don137
09-15-2008, 07:57 AM
He's done what we all were hoping what JP would do...Mature and take his game to the next level. For the first time since Kelly I feel confident in the QB able to take the ball and go downfield to score when needed.

shelby
09-15-2008, 07:57 AM
He's starting to win me over.

The King
09-15-2008, 07:59 AM
The Real Deal... his throws make me tear up.

BlackMetalNinja
09-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I've been cautiously hesitant so far when it comes to being too pleased with him, just because we've been burned multiple times before... but I must say, the kid is growing on me on a weekly basis.

If he keeps up this consistency throughout the year, I'll be a very, very happy camper.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 08:08 AM
he was a wasted pick!!!!

EDS
09-15-2008, 08:09 AM
I like Edwards. He has poise. He is accurate. He has nice throwing mechanics. He makes all the throws.

I was pretty sure from watching him that he was going to be a good player. The question I had is: how good? How high is the ceiling?

It is early, but based on the first couple games this season the ceiling may be quite high. Edwards is running the Bills offense with great efficiency, and you can see the confidence his teammates are developing in him.

You guys have been waiting a long time to get a QB to build around. All those years of yearning for the next Kelly. It seems you may have finally found the answer.

Granted, Edwards still has to prove he can keep it up over the long haul. There will undoubtedly be highs and lows along the way.

The keys will definitely be whether he can stay on the field and maintain consistency over the course of the season.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Vision. I remember two plays, one in the 2nd quarter when Edwards was scanning downfield and a defender broke thru, he immediately dumped the ball to Lynch (or Jackson) on the flank; avoided a sack and gained a couple. The second is that long bomb to Evans in the 4th. Again he had Lynch on the flank but he waited until Evans got open.

This is almost Brady/Manning like, folks. He knows where his guys are and knows how much time he has and he chooses the best options.

I hate to bring Losman into the discussion but for comparison purpose, Losman would wait for Evans totally unaware of his other options nor how much time he has. Edwards of a year ago would go to the second option, or third option right away but now I feel the game has slowed down for him that he feels comfortable to pick and choose a little.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 08:13 AM
I hate to bring Losman into the discussion but for comparison purpose, Losman would wait for Evans totally unaware of his other options nor how much time he has. Edwards of a year ago would go to the second option, or third option right away but now I feel the game has slowed down for him that he feels comfortable to pick and choose a little.
that was under Fairchild. Let it go. Comparisons then mean nothing under a different OC which had a downfield Martz system but was stupid about it.

OpIv37
09-15-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm not 100% sold on Edwards so far, but I will say two things:

1. He's definitely improving. He's smart, makes good decisions with the ball and feels the pressure.
2. He doesn't make me nervous. For the first time in years, I can watch a Bills QB without thinking "Don't worry about the first down- PLEASE just don't turn the ball over or lose 20 yards!"

RockStar36
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM

1. He's definitely improving. He's smart, makes good decisions with the ball and feels the pressure.
2. He doesn't make me nervous. For the first time in years, I can watch a Bills QB without thinking "Don't worry about the first down- PLEASE just don't turn the ball over or lose 20 yards!"

I agree.

Him just playing smart has impressed me. And the fact that he doesn't get rattled in a big situation.

I said it after the Washington game last year but the fact he could get them down the field for the FG attempt was huge. Some QB's would get rattled and crumble. He doesn't seem to notice and just plays.

The 3rd down pass to Evans was not only huge, but gutsy at the same time. It was a thing of beauty.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
On his throw to Shouman for a 1st down, Reed was open and all alone. Would've been a TD.

It was a great conservative decision by Trent but if you want to win sb's , Trent has to go for that pass to Reed and make it on a consistent basis. In time he will gain the confidence to do so. I want Trent to be a qb that goes for the kill.

He was awsome on 3rd downs .Usually a sign that he's gonna be clutch.

jmb1099
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
so far so good. 20/25 is better than respectable.

Captain gameboy
09-15-2008, 08:35 AM
On his throw to Shouman for a 1st down, Reed was open and all alone. Would've been a TD.

It was a great conservative decision by Trent but if you want to win sb's , Trent has to go for that pass to Reed and make it on a consistent basis. In time he will gain the confidence to do so. I want Trent to be a qb that goes for the kill.

I couldn't disagree more.

That pass resulted in a first down that virtually assured the win.

Reed has just broken free, and Shouman was wide open.

Unnecessary risk at that point in the game.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2008, 08:36 AM

I disagree and somebody (I think LTBF) covered this already.

A pass to Reed would have had to been a perfect pass and catch. If it is not complete (or worse yet, is picked) the Bills are in trouble. The pass to Schouman keeps the clock running, gets a first down and puts the Bills in FG position. The long pass to Reed sounds good, but would have been an unnecessary gamble.

Saratoga Slim
09-15-2008, 08:39 AM

Op, you're 100% right, watching JP drop back was always like watching George Bush Jr. give a speech--I was always happy when he got through it without disaster. I haven't had that feeling about Trent since the first time he started. The guy looks like he's playing the game, instead of the game playing him.

I likewise have a ways to go before I'm ready to say he's the next Kelly. But this weekend was a good start. The passes to Lee and Hardy on the last drive were REALLY clutch for a 2nd year QB.

acehole
09-15-2008, 08:44 AM
This is close to how I feel. There is more information to go on.
They have built a team and offence to his stregths and Turk
gives him a fighting chance. I am cautiously optimistic.

acehole
09-15-2008, 08:45 AM
This is close to how I feel. There is more information to go on.
They have built a team and offence to his stregths and Turk
gives him a fighting chance. I am cautiously optimistic.

Cntrygal
09-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Even some fans of other teams mentioned to me (yesterday) that they are impressed with his "poise". While I agree, it was pretty comical having that come right out of the blue by a guy big enough to be on the DLine. lol

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM

A pass to Reed would have had to been a perfect pass and catch. If it is not complete (or worse yet, is picked) the Bills are in trouble. The pass to Schouman keeps the clock running, gets a first down and puts the Bills in FG position. The long pass to Reed sounds good, but would have been an unnecessary gamble.

Besides, even if Reed scores a TD, we would be by 8 but give the Jags more than 2 minutes at the end with 1 timeout.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM

for someone of Trents experience and calibre it was a great decision. If you want to step on a teams throat you make those throws. Manning or Brady would've made those throws and if Trent is to be great he has to do it.

Again, it was a great conservative decision.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Besides, even if Reed scores a TD, we would be by 8 but give the Jags more than 2 minutes at the end with 1 timeout.

I would rather be ahead 8 points than play NOT TO LOSE with 1 point. You score when you get the oppurtunity. I'm not pissed at the decision that Trent went with SHouman, my point is, great teams make you pay and I have the confidence that Trent will get there soon.

tatersalad
09-15-2008, 10:06 AM
he is still in his second yr. this kid has got the poise you need in the pocket and the vision he doesn't lock on one reciever, he reminds me of a young Montana,( I'm not saying he s Montana) bt the same physical quality average arm but great vision and the same football accrument, he was talked up by the late Bill walsh so to me that is a 'nuff said

Philagape
09-15-2008, 10:16 AM
The Schouman play was a no-brainer. He was rolling left, which greatly increases the difficulty of a longer pass for a right-handed QB. You take the sure first down that lets you eat the clock.
That's the difference between smart football that wins games and Madden gunslinging.

Captain gameboy
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
for someone of Trents experience and calibre it was a great decision. If you want to step on a teams throat you make those throws. Manning or Brady would've made those throws and if Trent is to be great he has to do it.

In this case, you should substitute your word "conservative," for everyone else's, "smart."

The only ones who could argue that decision are point spread gamblers.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
In this case, you should substitute your word "conservative," for everyone else's, "smart."

The only ones who could argue that decision are point spread gamblers.

I thought using the word GREAT was better than smart but if you wish, then it was a SMART conservative decision :up:

Jeff1220
09-15-2008, 12:37 PM
In many ways, TE's play the past couple of weeks reminds me of Brady in his first couple of seasons. TB was a very efficient passer that killed teams with screens and dump-offs mixed with some 10-20 yard completions now and then. We used to always rip Brady for lack of arm strength. In hindsight, TB was just a new QB getting used to the speed of the game and familiar with his offensive options. Through it all, though, he was a clutch player. Of course, we know now with the addition of RMoss, that Brady's issue wasn't really arm strength. It was knowing his system and having the weapons to make it work.
Trent has efficiently done what he's had to do, and has shown that he has what it takes to be clutch when the opportunity arises. Let's hope that he too can take it to the next level. However, if he never turns into a flashy deep ball star, but stays efficient enough to help this team win a SB, I'd rather have that any day!

evol4276
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM
thank you ne. you've been one of my favorite posters here for a while with your unbiasedness on topics. i myself really like trent. he hasnt thrown 400yds and 5 td's like people here expect sometimes, but he has thrown with a very productive pass percentage, seems to manage the game good, doesn't make nearly as many mistakes as JP (no offense to him), all while being only in his 2nd year.

Agent007
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
He was awsome on 3rd downs .Usually a sign that he's gonna be clutch.

I knew he was going to be clutch after the washington game last season...

Agent007
09-15-2008, 12:53 PM
The best trait Edwards has is he does not seem to panic.

raphael120
09-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Edwards comeback win over Jags >>>> JPs comeback win over Texans

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Edwards comeback win over Jags >>>> JPs comeback win over Texans
don't you haters ever quit?

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 02:01 PM

No, a conservative play woulda been a simple draw or dive.

Throwing at all in that situation is playing to win.

And throwing to Schouman was the right decision....gets the first, gets into field goal range and keeps the clock moving.

We tried last year to do the bigger, sexier, more glamorous play. In Denver, we know what happened there.

Simply put, Trent made the right decision, even if you don't agree with it.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
No, a conservative play woulda been a simple draw or dive.

Throwing at all in that situation is playing to win.

And throwing to Schouman was the right decision....gets the first, gets into field goal range and keeps the clock moving. .If that was playing to win then what would throwing for the TD be?

We tried last year to do the bigger, sexier, more glamorous play. In Denver, we know what happened there.

Simply put, Trent made the right decision, even if you don't agree with it.

where did I say I didn't agree with it? Thats why we were mediocre last year because we couldn't convert vs. the broncos . Until we start making teams pay when they offer you a TD, we're never going to be a team that makes you pay when they do and thats what separates the great teams . Again, Manning and Brady would've made you pay.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
If that was playing to win then what would throwing for the TD be?

where did I say I didn't agree with it? Thats why we were mediocre last year because we couldn't convert vs. the broncos . Until we start making teams pay when they offer you a TD, we're never going to be a team that makes you pay when they do and thats what separates the great teams . Again, Manning and Brady would've made you pay.

Playing to win in that situation is giving the opposing team the least amount of time possible to do anything with the football. Throwing for the TD there is asinine and stupid. Even if it does work, which would have taken a perfect throw. That only puts us up 8 and gives the Jags plenty of time to go downfield in an attempt to tie the game.

Taking more time off the clock and putting up a FG is a WAY better play and strategy than going "big"

Just like last year, going "big" was absolutely the wrong play and cost us the game vs Denver. Literally. Another run instead and Denver either has less time or one less timeout. When you lose by literally a second, it's that decision that cost you a W.

Not turning this into a bash thread but I can understand your love for the other QB on the roster now. You prefer the sexy glamorous less efficient play over the smart and correct play.

trapezeus
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
justa is being confrontational for no reason at all. That's his thing.

There seems to be a grouping of fans who just want to throw long at every chance they get. regardless of situation, they want the death blow to be administered by the offense.

everyone else wants what the defense will give you. they realize it's a chess match. that you take your chances when you have them. Going to evans on 3rd and 7 for 34 yards was the long ball, bravado the team needed and completed. With a defense that played the entire 3rd Q, struggled to make tackles and finally got a much needed three and out, to win the game, you had to run the clock out and not go for the gloryboy long pass.

Schouman was the right decision in that point of the game. no debate. No one would bicker about a completion for a first down with the clock winding down.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Playing to win in that situation is giving the opposing team the least amount of time possible to do anything with the football. Throwing for the TD there is asinine and stupid. Even if it does work, which would have taken a perfect throw. That only puts us up 8 and gives the Jags plenty of time to go downfield in an attempt to tie the game.

Taking more time off the clock and putting up a FG is a WAY better play and strategy than going "big"

Just like last year, going "big" was absolutely the wrong play and cost us the game vs Denver. Literally. Another run instead and Denver either has less time or one less timeout. When you lose by literally a second, it's that decision that cost you a W.

Not turning this into a bash thread but I can understand your love for the other QB on the roster now. You prefer the sexy glamorous less efficient play over the smart and correct play.
wow that was stupid. My wanting to be able to step on a teams throat when they allow you to has something to do with JP? Are you stupid?

I was trying to compare him to Manning and Brady who would've stepped on our throat if we allowed them to. Yeah, Manning and Brady are sexy and glamorous. Thats what makes them great. Brady never let up against us in buffalo last year inspite of having a huge lead. That's called killer instincts.

I'm glad your team the browns blow. 0-2.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 02:57 PM
justa is being confrontational for no reason at all. That's his thing.

There seems to be a grouping of fans who just want to throw long at every chance they get. regardless of situation, they want the death blow to be administered by the offense.

everyone else wants what the defense will give you. they realize it's a chess match. that you take your chances when you have them. Going to evans on 3rd and 7 for 34 yards was the long ball, bravado the team needed and completed. With a defense that played the entire 3rd Q, struggled to make tackles and finally got a much needed three and out, to win the game, you had to run the clock out and not go for the gloryboy long pass.

Schouman was the right decision in that point of the game. no debate. No one would bicker about a completion for a first down with the clock winding down.
read my answer to FTY and maybe you will both learn to comprehend properly.

If we fumbled the ball after that we all would be shouting Trent should thrown that TD when he had the chance to.

Again, for the comprehensionally challenged, it was a great conservative decision however I would like to see Trent be able to make teams pay when they allow him to. Can't dumb that further for you two.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
wow that was stupid. My wanting to be able to step on a teams throat when they allow you to has something to do with JP? Are you stupid?

I was trying to compare him to Manning and Brady who would've stepped on our throat if we allowed them to. Yeah, Manning and brady are sexy and glamotrous. Thats what makes them great.

I'm glad your team the browns blow. 0-2.

Douche of a post.

We tried to "step on the throats" of the Broncos by throwing deep last year...what did it get us? a loss. We played "conservative" this week vs Jacksonville, what did that get us? a win.

But yeah, throwing it up in an unnecessay situation is the right move and would give you a boner.

Apparently winning isn't what you want, it's the big play. Hence why I said you prefered the other QB because even though he didn't win, he produced the big play.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that every other poster on this site would go for the "conservative" play we did in Jacksonville than the "stepping on the throat" attempt we tried last year vs Denver.

Now, provide me with ONE example of a Brady or Manning led team that threw a 30 yard TD pass with between 2-3 minutes left while leading by less than one score. Give proof that your asinine point holds any validity.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Douche of a post.

We tried to "step on the throats" of the Broncos by throwing deep last year...what did it get us? a loss. We played "conservative" this week vs Jacksonville, what did that get us? a win..
exactly. we didn't get it last year which is why we sucked. Now when we learn to do so that's when we can start talking about being great. Until we learn to step on peoples throats, we won't be a s great as the pats who do know how to do it.

Still need more explanation?

But yeah, throwing it up in an unnecessay situation is the right move and would give you a boner.

Apparently winning isn't what you want, it's the big play. Hence why I said you prefered the other QB because even though he didn't win, he produced the big play.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that every other poster on this site would go for the "conservative" play we did in Jacksonville than the "stepping on the throat" attempt we tried last year vs Denver.

Now, provide me with ONE example of a Brady or Manning led team that threw a 30 yard TD pass with between 2-3 minutes left while leading by less than one score. Give proof that your asinine point holds any validity.

another stupid post. Brady must really suck because he would've made throws like that and make us pay. you want proof ? here you go.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29341&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG11

It has nothing to do with JP. It's all in your head. You hate JP so much that you are trying to create something IN YOUR HEAD that isn't there. Thats STUPID.

Again, it was a Great decision but would like to see Trent be able to make teams pay like Brady does. I know you won't understand what I just said.

Just because your browns blow, no need to start another JP debate.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
If that was playing to win then what would throwing for the TD be?

BTW...

So you'd rather give the Jags the ball back with about 2:30 left and one timeout down 8 than :24 left down 4 and no timeouts?

Look at the context of what the difference would be above and then keep arguing your stupid asinine point that the smart play was to throw the ball to Reed instead of Schouman.

And that's just assuming the play ends in a TD...Here's what happens if that throw to Reed is incomplete...2:30 left, 3rd and 9, Jags with one timeout. So say we don't convert that 3rd down...we kick the FG on 4th down and we give the Jags about 2:10 to go downfield to scoring the winning TD with no timeouts or 1 timeout depending on what our third down call is.

So again, how is throwing the ball to Reed the correct play?

trapezeus
09-15-2008, 03:13 PM
exactly. we didn't get it last year which is why we sucked. Now when we learn to do so that's when we can start talking about being great. Until we learn to step on peoples throats, we won't be a s great as the pats who do know how to do it.

another stupid post. Brady must really suck because he would've made throws like that and make us pay. you want proof ? here you go.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29341&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG11

It has nothing to do with JP. It's all in your head. You hate JP so much that you are trying to create something IN YOUR HEAD that isn't there. Thats STUPID.

Again, it was a Great decision but would like to see Trent be able to make teams pay like Brady does. I know you won't understand what I just said.

by your logic, we didn't step on their throats and therefore we are more risk of not winning. Yet we won.

I get that you think it was a good play but too conservative. but in your example, if the bills fumbled on the next play, very few people would have said, "that play before, we missed a chance."

There is no way you can talk yourself into winning this debate. the bills played that drive well. You should just address your future "complaints" to jp directly.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 03:15 PM

56-10 victory is your attempt at showing an example of a team up less than one score with 2-3 minutes? :rofl:

Try again with an example that fits what we "should" have done in your opinion as opposed to what we did do.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:16 PM
BTW...

So you'd rather give the Jags the ball back with about 2:30 left and one timeout down 8 than :24 left down 4 and no timeouts?

Look at the context of what the difference would be above and then keep arguing your stupid asinine point that the smart play was to throw the ball to Reed instead of Schouman.

And that's just assuming the play ends in a TD...Here's what happens if that throw to Reed is incomplete...2:30 left, 3rd and 9, Jags with one timeout. So say we don't convert that 3rd down...we kick the FG on 4th down and we give the Jags about 2:10 to go downfield to scoring the winning TD with no timeouts or 1 timeout depending on what our third down call is.

So again, how is throwing the ball to Reed the correct play?

Wow. I did not say it was the wrong play . Are you really that stupid? All I said is that I wish Trent could have the ability to make throws that step on people throats.

Our players have like Lee have always said that trent should learn to trust his wrs to make plays. He's doing it slowly but surely. That would've been one hell of a throw that says, "Reed I trust you".

That doesn't mean I'm saying his throw to Shouman was wrong? NO! thats all in your head.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow. I did not say it was the wrong play . Are you really that stupid? All I said is that I wish Trent could have the ability to make throws that step on people throats.

Our players have like Lee have always said that trent should learn to trust his wrs to make plays. He's doing it slowly but surely. That would've been one hell of a throw that says, "Reed I trust you".

That doesn't mean his throw to Shouman was wrong. thats all in your head.

You've argued the entire time that he should have thrown the ball to Reed, because he was open and because we would have stepped on their throats. Which stepping on their throats is incorrect anyways, because as illustrated it would have given the Jags more time and it still woulda been a one possession game.

jmb1099
09-15-2008, 03:19 PM
This all seems very simple to me. The conservative play would have been a run. The smart game winning play was the pass to Scho. The highlight reel play would have been the potential pass to JR.
Here's how I see things...
We won, that means it was the right play for the situation at hand. Its the same reason why Denver had to play for 2... neither defense could stop a blooming thing so again right call for the situation. Would I love to have scored another TD? Yup. Would that have secured a victory? More than likely... But the play to Scho did bring us a win, it did secure a victory so its the right play no matter what label we might try to put on it. The formula from now on should be we win =right call

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:23 PM
56-10 victory is your attempt at showing an example of a team up less than one score with 2-3 minutes? :rofl:

Try again with an example that fits what we "should" have done in your opinion as opposed to what we did do.that was an example that they go for the juggular when they can.

I don't have to pull proof that qb's throw TD's with a one point lead with so much time left. Only an idiot would need proof. Are you one? QB's do it all the time .

Shanahan made a gutsy call that paid off. I wish that Trent could step up should Dick put make that kind of gutsy call and trust in Trent. Does that mean the Shouman throw was wrong? No! Its all in your head.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 03:27 PM
that was an example that they go for the juggular when they can.

I don't have to pull proof that qb's throw TD's with a one point lead with so much time left. Only an idiot would need proof. Are you one? QB's do it all the time .

Shanahan made a gutsy call that paid off. I wish that Trent could step up should Dick put make that kind of gutsy call and trust in Trent. Does that mean the Shouman throw was wrong? No! Its all in your head.

Then if it was the right call, even in your mind, why in the bloody hell would you sit there and say you'd rather step on their throats instead?

You can't have it both ways.

Either throwing to Reed is right or wrong and then throwing to Schouman is right or wrong. Your opinion states you'd rather throw to Reed which makes the Schouma decision wrong.

The better part is in your mind you think throwing the TD pass there steps on the other teams throat. Which I illustrated actually gave the Jags a better chance of winning than doing the "conservative" play.

trapezeus
09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
justa is never going to be happy because his guy isn't getting a chance. that's the only explanation that you can be hypercritical of a successful play that kept the clock running and the chains moving.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
You've argued the entire time that he should have thrown the ball to Reed, because he was open and because we would have stepped on their throats. Which stepping on their throats is incorrect anyways, because as illustrated it would have given the Jags more time and it still woulda been a one possession game.
nO! All I've argued is that I wish Trent could have the ABILITY to step on teams throats when given the chance and that was one of them . When he does that on a consistent basis , that's when he starts becoming a GREAT QB.

I never said going to Shouman was wrong! You and Trap are the only ones the one interpreting it that way and thats because you both hate the back up while I support every player on this team.

If you can't comprehend when I said it was a GREAT conservative decision I don't know what to tell you.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:29 PM
justa is never going to be happy because his guy isn't getting a chance. that's the only explanation that you can be hypercritical of a successful play that kept the clock running and the chains moving.
blah,blah blah. You're the hypocrite who would love to watch JP fail if he had to come in. I defended the drafting of trent. You didn't so shut it.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Then if it was the right call, even in your mind, why in the bloody hell would you sit there and say you'd rather step on their throats instead?

You can't have it both ways..Great q'sb can have it both ways and thats what I'm wishing for Trent. Great qb's can dictate at will.

Either throwing to Reed is right or wrong and then throwing to Schouman is right or wrong. Your opinion states you'd rather throw to Reed which makes the Schouma decision wrong..
NO, throwing to Shouman was a great consrvative decision. Thrwing to Reed for a TD would be a great step on a throat play. Eitherways it's great if he could do both on a consistent basis.

The better part is in your mind you think throwing the TD pass there steps on the other teams throat. Which I illustrated actually gave the Jags a better chance of winning than doing the "conservative" play.

well I guess you like playing not to lose. I go for the kill. I would love to do to the pats whet they have done to us over the years. You would love for us to play not to lose against them.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 03:33 PM
nO! All I've argued is that I wish Trent could have the ABILITY to step on teams throats when given the chance and that was one of them . I never said going to Shouman was wrong! You and Trap are the only ones the one interpreting it that way and thats because you both hate the back up while I support every player on this team.

If you can't comprehend when I said it was a GREAT conservative decision I don't know what to tell you.

It was not conservative, are you that dense?

Conservative is calling a dive up the middle with Lynch.

Throwing the ball at all in that situation is playing to win and go for the jugular.

We coulda ran two dives up the middle, kicked the field goal, been up 4 with just over 2 minutes left...but we didn't. We played to give them the least time possible and still be up 4 by throwing in that situation.

Throwing to Reed in that situation is NOT going for the jugular, period. Throwing to Reed there is almost as dumb as taking 2 dives up the middle. Why you ask? Because giving the Jags 2:30 minutes to score a TD and 2 point conversation to tie is infinitely less intelligent and strategic than giving them :24 to score a TD to win.

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
It was not conservative, are you that dense?

Conservative is calling a dive up the middle with Lynch.

Throwing the ball at all in that situation is playing to win and go for the jugular.

We coulda ran two dives up the middle, kicked the field goal, been up 4 with just over 2 minutes left...but we didn't. We played to give them the least time possible and still be up 4 by throwing in that situation.

Throwing to Reed in that situation is NOT going for the jugular, period. Throwing to Reed there is almost as dumb as taking 2 dives up the middle. Why you ask? Because giving the Jags 2:30 minutes to score a TD and 2 point conversation to tie is infinitely less intelligent and strategic than giving them :24 to score a TD to win.

You are trying to protect a one point lead on the road? Thats conservative.

You score a TD whenever you can and leave it up to the D to beat an injured offense like the Jags.

It's all moot we won, but when you can score a TD you always take it. Basic football.

trapezeus
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
blah,blah blah. You're the hypocrite who would love to watch JP fail if he had to come in. I defended the drafting of trent. You didn't so shut it.

exactly, because you like to say things that are just contrarian to rile people up.

I'd love to see JP come in and win games if he is called upon. I don't think he can do that consistently. I also would like to win the lottery.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
You are trying to protect a one point lead on the road? Thats conservative.

Another douche post.

You think throwing the ball in that situation is conservative.

Going for first downs is not conservative in the situation at hand.

I'm still waiting for an answer to this...Being up 8 with 2:30 left Jags 1 TO is better than being up 4 with :24 left no timeouts?

justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
exactly, because you like to say things that are just contrarian to rile people up. . It's all in your head.
the only ones gettig riled up are you and the other JP hater.

I'd love to see JP come in and win games if he is called upon. I don't think he can do that consistently. I also would like to win the lottery.
All opinion.

If our coaches thought the same way you did, they would've dropped JP's arse in a spilt second , ralphy wouldn't have to pay his arse and they could've used a roster spot on another position. . But NOOO, they kept him and his salary(which is way more than the starter) and he is next in line in case anything happens to trent. Not Hamdan.

So what now, our coaches are idiots?

I want Trent to be great . Greatness means being able to make all the throws. Gratness means being able to make teams pay when they give it to you.

Gotta run. Don't be so sensitive when I say I want Trent to be great. I'm hoping for greatness, no need to get all riled up when I want Trent to be great.

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2008, 03:51 PM

~ The Answer.

Jeff1220
09-15-2008, 06:54 PM
On that 30+ yard completion to Evans on 3rd and long, followed by the TD to Hardy, I considered the Jags' throats stomped.