PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo not thrilled with the fact of playing with upstart Bills

streetkings01
10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
According to WGR550 repeat show! I was listening a little while ago and that's what he said!

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 01:01 PM
1. If he shows up I bet he still plays hard.
2. It's irrelevant because we're not getting him.

The fact is that he wants a shot at a ring, and the Giants have a much better chance at it than we do. So, of course he's going to say something like this to try to get the Bills to back off.

don137
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
If someone can play for a lousy franchise like KC all these years I am sure he can handle going to an up and coming Bills team.

Ebenezer
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
1. If he shows up I bet he still plays hard.
2. It's irrelevant because we're not getting him.

The fact is that he wants a shot at a ring, and the Giants have a much better chance at it than we do. So, of course he's going to say something like this to try to get the Bills to back off.
If he doesn't think the Bills have a better chance then he is a moron. He will make the Bills better. They already have the inside trek to the division title. The NFC East is going to beat the crap out of one another. The Giants are not a lock.

raphael120
10-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Do you think that KC feels like it's obligated to make Gonzo happy considering all the things he's done for the organization? I.E....if he wants to go to the Giants, they'll make it happen?

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 01:16 PM
If he doesn't think the Bills have a better chance then he is a moron. He will make the Bills better. They already have the inside trek to the division title. The NFC East is going to beat the crap out of one another. The Giants are not a lock.

at this point, no one is a lock.

But the Giants have a better chance of winning it than the Bills.

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Do you think that KC feels like it's obligated to make Gonzo happy considering all the things he's done for the organization? I.E....if he wants to go to the Giants, they'll make it happen?

no, KC has an obligation to put a better team on the field. If, for example, the Bills offer a 3rd but they give him to the Giants for a 4th, the fans are going to be PISSED. Considering how the team has played recently, it's not a chance the KC FO can take.

CUHATIN
10-14-2008, 01:18 PM
this wont happen and it sucks!!!

The King
10-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I have had the NFL radio on for an hour or so no mention of Gonzo at all.

Its all hear-say until its official.

Mr. Miyagi
10-14-2008, 01:19 PM
at this point, no one is a lock.

But the Giants have a better chance of winning it than the Bills.
No one even thought for one second the Giants would've won the Super Bowl last year. No a single person besides hard core Giants fans.

You'll never know.

The King
10-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Talking about it now... I spoke to soon.

JD
10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Well **** that tool

The King
10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Not really talking about where he is going to go, just talking about the disseray of the Chiefs. They do think the highest bidder will get him. The Chiefs need to rebuild, and they need draft picks.

Mad Bomber
10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
The title of this thread is misleading. Instead of saying "fact of playing with upstart Bills" it should say "possibility of playing with upstart Bills".

That said, I don't think he has anything to worry about, because it ain't gonna happen.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Here's the lock....Gonzo will be suiting up in his shiny pretty Chiefs jersey this weekend.

streetkings01
10-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Here's the lock....Gonzo will be suiting up in his shiny pretty Chiefs jersey this weekend.Yep.....he'll be traded in the offseason just wait and see.

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
No one even thought for one second the Giants would've won the Super Bowl last year. No a single person besides hard core Giants fans.

You'll never know.

dude, you just don't get it.

If you could win $1000 by guessing who would win the SB right now and you had to choose between the Bills and the Giants, which one would you pick? The Giants have a better CHANCE at winning it than the Bills.

If you're a guy at the end of his career who only has 1 or 2 chances to win another ring, are you going to go with the long shot or the better odds?

And on a separate but related note, I really hate this "using the exception to prove the rule" crap. On rare occasions, an unexpected team comes out of nowhere to win the SB. But it's RARE. Just because it's possible doesn't mean in likely- in fact, it's the opposite of likely. I'm really sick of people clinging to long shots just so they don't have to deal with the reality of the Bills.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Yep.....he'll be traded in the offseason just wait and see.

Actually I have a feeling he wants out because he only wants to play this year and maybe one more year. Another reason I didn't see him coming here, we're in no way viewed as a superbowl contender.

Gonzo is at the point of his career where he wants to win a ring and if he doesn't wanna go to an "upstart team." Which would be 1 or 2 years away, realistically, from being a title contender. What does that tell you?

It wouldn't surprise me to see him retire this offseason.

patmoran2006
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Actually I have a feeling he wants out because he only wants to play this year and maybe one more year. Another reason I didn't see him coming here, we're in no way viewed as a superbowl contender.

Gonzo is at the point of his career where he wants to win a ring and if he doesn't wanna go to an "upstart team." Which would be 1 or 2 years away, realistically, from being a title contender. What does that tell you?

It wouldn't surprise me to see him retire this offseason.I view us as a contender

trapezeus
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
dude, you just don't get it.

If you could win $1000 by guessing who would win the SB right now and you had to choose between the Bills and the Giants, which one would you pick? The Giants have a better CHANCE at winning it than the Bills.

If you're a guy at the end of his career who only has 1 or 2 chances to win another ring, are you going to go with the long shot or the better odds?

And on a separate but related note, I really hate this "using the exception to prove the rule" crap. On rare occasions, an unexpected team comes out of nowhere to win the SB. But it's RARE. Just because it's possible doesn't mean in likely- in fact, it's the opposite of likely. I'm really sick of people clinging to long shots just so they don't have to deal with the reality of the Bills.

my issue with the giants is that they are very much like the 07 sabres. the sabres came off the hurricane's heartbreak. and ripped it open. they were amazing. then they flat lined a bit and it didn't matter because they were so far ahead from their early start. but the difference was noticable as they didn't carry the same magic or punch in the playoffs of 07.

The giants weren't a good team last year. they turned it on at the end and are riding that momentum early in the season. They just lost to the browns. The NFC east is a rough area. And rarely do teams repeat. I always like the idea of people going to teams that were good last year. just like stock performance, prior results are not indicators of future performance.

to address your $1000 scenario, if it came down to the bills and the giants, and i had to put money on one or the other, i'd pick the bills. i don't see the giants as some kind of dynasty team. i think the chances of repeating are actually much more difficult than getting lucky and making a good run as an upstart team.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I view us as a contender

Of course you do, you're a homer.

I know you better than the people on these boards and remember how you thought Drew Bledsoe was the greatest thing since sliced bread and would the Bills to a title.

You've also proven in the past to be very delusional.

Contend for the division title? Yes. Contend for top team in the AFC? No way.

And when you've been in the league for years and are about at the end of your career, you want to go somewhere to win now. This team isn't built to win now, as in this year. I'll give you one name of why we're not...Melvin Fowler.

OpIv37
10-14-2008, 01:52 PM
my issue with the giants is that they are very much like the 07 sabres. the sabres came off the hurricane's heartbreak. and ripped it open. they were amazing. then they flat lined a bit and it didn't matter because they were so far ahead from their early start. but the difference was noticable as they didn't carry the same magic or punch in the playoffs of 07.

The giants weren't a good team last year. they turned it on at the end and are riding that momentum early in the season. They just lost to the browns. The NFC east is a rough area. And rarely do teams repeat. I always like the idea of people going to teams that were good last year. just like stock performance, prior results are not indicators of future performance.

to address your $1000 scenario, if it came down to the bills and the giants, and i had to put money on one or the other, i'd pick the bills. i don't see the giants as some kind of dynasty team. i think the chances of repeating are actually much more difficult than getting lucky and making a good run as an upstart team.

They have the same record. They have the playoff experience. They have more talent than the Bills.

I see your points about the Giants in terms of the overall picture, but at least they've proven they can win, both last year and this year. What have the Bills proven by beating a bunch of teams that are last in the division? At this point, the odds are still in the Giants' favor.

trapezeus
10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
They have the same record. They have the playoff experience. They have more talent than the Bills.

I see your points about the Giants in terms of the overall picture, but at least they've proven they can win, both last year and this year. What have the Bills proven by beating a bunch of teams that are last in the division? At this point, the odds are still in the Giants' favor.

true, but if you believe the bills got the wakeup call in Arizona, that they do have a lot of talent that is coming together in a short period of time (TE as QB, Turk's offense: New with Audibles!, and getting hardy involved) and that they are going to correct their mistakes, they are in it to win it for a weak division. once in the playoffs, anything can happen.

For the giants, they've got games against better teams in the NFC east. they may very well miss the playoffs if the redskins and cowboys end up above them. their schedule is harder and the chances of repeating are more difficult. they haven't exactly beaten the creme de le creme either. Rams, bengals, etc.

I just see this year as a total wildcard for a superbowl winner. The colts are coming back (although they look very 96 bills), the jags are finding form, the broncos could win in shootouts. And there are NFC teams like all of the east, the bucs aren't so bad, the saints are winning some games, there is a team in the Norris division that will get into the playoffs and have a really good defense that could surprise people. This year is open for literally any team from average on up.

justasportsfan
10-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Bills 5-1 KC 1-5

:lolpoint: :wail: <- Gonzo