PDA

View Full Version : Personally I don't mind the loss

northernbillfan
10-26-2008, 03:54 PM
The Bills were going to lose one or two game within the division so why not this game? The Dolphins may not be a factor in the post season picture so the Bills can afford to lose a game to them.

I didn't like how the team lost and losing ugly hurts worse than anything, but giving this game to Miami is not as bad as it seems in the big picture.

This clearly was a trap game for the Bills and they got caught and by the looks of it they deserved to get caught.

Shoot me if you want for not being overly upset at the Bills losing to Miami, but I'm just trying to find the silver lining.

imbondz
10-26-2008, 03:57 PM
i'm with you. but it makes next week an almost must win

Slim
The Bills were going to lose one or two game within the division so why not this game? The Dolphins may not be a factor in the post season picture so the Bills can afford to lose a game to them.

I didn't like how the team lost and losing ugly hurts worse than anything, but giving this game to Miami is not as bad as it seems in the big picture.

This clearly was a trap game for the Bills and they got caught and by the looks of it they deserved to get caught.

Shoot me if you want for not being overly upset at the Bills losing to Miami, but I'm just trying to find the silver lining.

I'm almost to that point. I'm finally starting to cool off. This one hurts though.

LABillsFan
I gotta agree with you, Miami isn't going to make an impact except for spoiler, wins against NE and NY are certainly more important.

Nighthawk

The thing that is scary is that Jauron got outcoached by a rookie HC and didn't have the team ready to play at the start...AGAIN. This is a big concern that people should be worried about. The people who think this team can go to the playoffs and win, should really think about whether or not you're comfortable with Jauron leading the way. I'm not and don't think you can win a championship with him. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a terrible feeling that I'm not.

imbondz
10-26-2008, 03:58 PM
we were up 9-7 at halftime. holding a team to 7 for a half isn't being ready?

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:00 PM
we were up 9-7 at halftime. holding a team to 7 for a half isn't being ready?

They moved the ball up and down the field...or didn't you watch the game?

OpIv37
10-26-2008, 04:00 PM

1. Because the Dolphins will beat us in Toronto because there will be too much pressure on this team
2. Because NE won and has the tiebreaker against us so we are no longer 1st in the division
3. Because Miami is easier to beat than the Jets or Pats so we really put pressure on ourselves for the next two games
4. Because next week is a must-win to avoid dropping to 3rd in the division
5. Because after watching this team today, what makes you think we can beat the Jets or Pats?

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:01 PM
1. Because the Dolphins will beat us in Toronto because there will be too much pressure on this team
2. Because NE won and has the tiebreaker against us so we are no longer 1st in the division
3. Because Miami is easier to beat than the Jets or Pats so we really put pressure on ourselves for the next two games
5. Because after watching this team today, what makes you think we can beat the Jets or Pats?

I hate to say it, but good points.

justasportsfan
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
like stated in the past, the fins are a new team. There isn't much known about this team. I expect dick to make andjustments in TO. I'd be more upset if we lost to NE with Cassel at qb. That would mean that even if Ne put Morris at qb, BB will still own Dick regardless of player personnel.

justasportsfan
10-26-2008, 04:03 PM
?
we shall see OP. You won this battle but the war isn't over.

northernbillfan
10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
we were up 9-7 at halftime. holding a team to 7 for a half isn't being ready?I guess my point is that I am not going to sit here and dissect the loss play by play. Life is too short to dwell on the negative. Let's look at next week's game and hope the Bills can kick some Yankee ass.

Slim
10-26-2008, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=OpIv37]1. Because the Dolphins will beat us in Toronto because there will be too much pressure on this team
QUOTE]

Op, there is a reason why we actually play the game. As we saw today.

justasportsfan
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Op, there is a reason why we actually play the game. As we saw today.or why we played and beat teh chardgers

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 04:22 PM
The thing that is scary is that Jauron got outcoached by a rookie HC and didn't have the team ready to play at the start...AGAIN. This is a big concern that people should be worried about. The people who think this team can go to the playoffs and win, should really think about whether or not you're comfortable with Jauron leading the way. I'm not and don't think you can win a championship with him. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a terrible feeling that I'm not.
I dont see how Jauron got out-coached. Our offense was playing well and our defense held Miami despite the turnovers.

The one and only reason we lost this game was the turnovers, other than that we were moving the ball well especially after the half, which means coaching adjustments were made, and that led to the TD.

This game was always in reach and I'm sure if it wasn't for the fumbles and INT we would have won the game by more than one TD.

There was nothing wrong with the coaching at all.

northernbillfan
10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
On any given Sunday eh Justa?

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
The loss would've felt awful if this was against the phins last year but Miami actually has a pretty damn good team this year, should finish at or near .500.

SABURZFAN
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
the Bills are going to have games like this because they are a young team. unfortunately, they had a bad game against a division opponent.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:27 PM
I dont see how Jauron got out-coached. Our offense was playing well and our defense held Miami despite the turnovers.

The one and only reason we lost this game was the turnovers, other than that we were moving the ball well especially after the half, which means coaching adjustments were made, and that led to the TD.

This game was always in reach and I'm sure if it wasn't for the fumbles and INT we would have won the game by more than one TD.

There was nothing wrong with the coaching at all.

Seriously? You don't think the coaching was bad? Ok, we have to agree to disagree.

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 04:27 PM
1. There is 9 games left in the season and we are 5-2, tied for first in the division, that is more than fine.

2. Losing to Miami today has zero to do with how we can do against the Jets or NE. Every game is different and every match up is different.

3. Pressure is part of life in the NFL, if beating Miami in Toronto is too much pressure for this team then they wont make it far anyways.

4. This game was not lost because we played badly in either phase, it was lost because of turnovers which we rarely commit. Just one of those days. And yet we were still in the game until the end.

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Seriously? You don't think the coaching was bad? Ok, we have to agree to disagree.
Well you're going to have to make an argument not just a statement. How was Jauron out coached?

Our D played well and was actually the reason we were in the game till the end. Our offense was moving but kept on turning the ball over. That has nothing to do with coaching.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Well you're going to have to make an argument not just a statement. How was Jauron out coached?

Our D played well and was actually the reason we were in the game till the end. Our offense was moving but kept on turning the ball over. That has nothing to do with coaching.

You're crazy if you think the defense played well. You do realize that Pennington through for over 300 yards on us, right??? You do realize we almost gave up 400 yard in total yards??? Also, if a team continues to do something that is killing you, you don't sit back and make zero adjustment...which this coaching staff did today. Not blitzing Pennington more was stupid and the proof was there when we did blitz, he made mistakes. This team came out flat and looked overconfident and they showed no emotion. That is part of coaching. If you're going to give him credit for always having the team ready to play for him, then he better be responsible for this team not playing with emotion. You can't have it both ways.

shelby
10-26-2008, 04:48 PM
1. Op, isn't this pretty much what you've been expecting all season long?

b. Just when i decide i'm sold on Trent Edwards, he comes out and looks like :poop:. Go figure. {i realize every QB is going to have a bad game on occasion...you just have to see that the timing was pretty freaking ironic.}

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 04:57 PM
You're crazy if you think the defense played well. You do realize that Pennington through for over 300 yards on us, right??? You do realize we almost gave up 400 yard in total yards??? Also, if a team continues to do something that is killing you, you don't sit back and make zero adjustment...which this coaching staff did today. Not blitzing Pennington more was stupid and the proof was there when we did blitz, he made mistakes. This team came out flat and looked overconfident and they showed no emotion. That is part of coaching. If you're going to give him credit for always having the team ready to play for him, then he better be responsible for this team not playing with emotion. You can't have it both ways.
Yes we allowed a lot of yardage but the bottom line is that the team was in position to win the game until late in the 4th quarter. They scored a whopping 7 points in the first half and even late into the third they still had only 10.

They scored their second TD at the 1:20 mark of the third which gave them 17 points. The Bills turned the ball over 2 more times after that which resulted in six points which isn't bad.

The defense was put in bad positions and they held Miami despite that.

If we had scored instead of the turnovers the game would have been won and no one would complain about the defense and how they played.

O and one last thing. Ginn had like 180 yards of their total offense and the reason McGee was playing so far off was because they were protecting him due to his injury. I guess the debate there is should he have played but Im sure the coaching staff has a better idea of who can do what than we do.

Greer on the other hand was playing very tight on his receiver and they rarely threw at him. Fewell didnt have that luxury with McGee.

Oaf
10-26-2008, 04:57 PM
This wasn't a bad way to use. We didn't get thrashed 31-7 and we also didn't lose a heartbreaker we should of won. We lost based on correctable mistakes (with Royal as the exception). Anyone see Trent sorta grinning after he coughed it up?

Anyone really expect us to go 8-1, ripping off 3 straight division games? This will get us in the right mind set against the Jets IMO and I'm happy because that's the game I'm making the trip for.

northernbillfan
10-26-2008, 04:58 PM
The Bills D did NOT play well at all. McGee was to blame for giving the cushion to a rookie.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 05:02 PM
The Bills D did NOT play well at all. McGee was to blame for giving the cushion to a rookie.

Thank you!!!

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 05:02 PM
1. Op, isn't this pretty much what you've been expecting all season long?

b. Just when i decide i'm sold on Trent Edwards, he comes out and looks like :poop:. Go figure. {i realize every QB is going to have a bad game on occasion...you just have to see that the timing was pretty freaking ironic.}
I dont see how Edwards played badly. He had the fumble which was a bad decision yes, but other than that the INT was because of bad protection and the safety was Peters and Dockery getting their butts wooped by Porter. He was throwing the ball well all day and Their D wasnt stopping us, we were stopping ourselves.

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 05:05 PM
McGee had no choice, he wasnt 100% and Ginn is fast. If he would have played bump and run they would have broken the game open. He was trying to keep things in front of him. Granted he was a liability today due to his injury.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 05:06 PM
McGee had no choice, he wasnt 100% and Ginn is fast. If he would have played bump and run they would have broken the game open. He was trying to keep things in front of him. Granted he was a liability today due to his injury.

And it is the coaches job to get him out of there...bad coaching.

shelby
10-26-2008, 05:07 PM
May be just my knee jerk reaction. i couldn't get the live feed to work so i didn't see much of the game. He had 2 fumbles, though, as well as the interception. Not what i expected of him today.

Oaf
10-26-2008, 05:14 PM

I know right? I was online about to purchase a jersey for 80 during the game but my internet cut out. Now I just might wait a bit? :D:
Haha, I'll probably still get it.

I still think that if we protected Edwards 100%, he would throw no interceptions period.

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 05:14 PM
And it is the coaches job to get him out of there...bad coaching.
That is easy for us to say sitting at home all week and watching a product of weeks and months of practice on the field for 60 minutes.

The coaching staff realizes they have Mckelvin but they chose a less than 100% McGee for a reason. They see the kid in practice everyday and he probably has not gotten the defense down yet. So although McGee was burned for a lot of yardage he didnt get burned for a score. Mckelvin was beat for 2 last week. Had he got beat for a touchdown this week it would have put the game out of reach for sure. Mckelvin is talented but he is raw. He still doesnt understand the principles of the D which gets him out of position often. Against Pennington that would be a disaster.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 05:17 PM
That is easy for us to say sitting at home all week and watching a product of weeks and months of practice on the field for 60 minutes.

The coaching staff realizes they have Mckelvin but they chose a less than 100% McGee for a reason. They see the kid in practice everyday and he probably has not gotten the defense down yet. So although McGee was burned for a lot of yardage he didnt get burned for a score. Mckelvin was beat for 2 last week. Had he got beat for a touchdown this week it would have put the game out of reach for sure. Mckelvin is talented but he is raw. He still doesnt understand the principles of the D which gets him out of position often. Against Pennington that would be a disaster.

And you know what? They were wrong...how do I know that? Because I repeatedly watched McGee get killed by a mediocre WR, so I think it's safe to state that.

Mahdi
10-26-2008, 05:21 PM
And you know what? They were wrong...how do I know that? Because I repeatedly watched McGee get killed by a mediocre WR, so I think it's safe to state that.
Obviously he got killed today. There's no question. But he still didnt allow a TD despite the yardage. McKelvin considering the way he has looked so far would have gotten beat worse and likely for points.

If Youboty was healthy McGee wouldn't have played.

Are we also forgetting that we didnt have Schobel today... Denney was no where to be seen. Ellis had more pressures than Denney.

SpillerThrills
10-26-2008, 05:52 PM

and if it was McKlevin in there instead of McGee you, and others would have been complaing that McGee should have been in there..... there must be a reason that McGee was out there instead of the rookie.

baalworship
10-26-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm in. I hate this team right now but the Pats and Jets are more important.

Nighthawk
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
and if it was McKlevin in there instead of McGee you, and others would have been complaing that McGee should have been in there..... there must be a reason that McGee was out there instead of the rookie.

Not true. I'd at least know that the coaches weren't stupid enough to keep a guy in there who can't play.

njsue
10-27-2008, 01:33 AM
1. The Bills will take there frustrations out on Gangreen next sunday.

2. NE has a few tough games coming up that I expect them to lose.

3. The Bills will still be in the playoffs!

When was the last time the Bills were 5 & 2?

I will accept 5 & 2 at this point in the season.

Oaf
10-27-2008, 02:10 AM
1. The Bills will take there frustrations out on Gangreen next sunday.

2. NE has a few tough games coming up that I expect them to lose.

3. The Bills will still be in the playoffs!

When was the last time the Bills were 5 & 2?

I will accept 5 & 2 at this point in the season.
:up:

Do that coaches have more confidence in Hardy than McKelvin or very little in either?

Night Train
10-27-2008, 05:58 AM
There is no such thing as a "trap game" for a team that is not among the elite and had obvious roster holes, even before yesterdays kickoff.

If one believed that previously, it was of their own delusion.

This team will lose more games like yesterday but can still grab a wild card berth if they take care of their home games.The roster is still 1-2 years away from being solid top to bottom.

northernbillfan
10-27-2008, 10:18 AM
There is no such thing as a "trap game" for a team that is not among the elite and had obvious roster holes, even before yesterdays kickoff.Then someone should relay that ifo to Berman and company. All the prognosticators on TV were calling this a trap game for hte Bills and that Miami may upset the Bills.