PDA

View Full Version : LOL.. Trent Trent Trent

patmoran2006
11-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I am laughing at the scores of people in here who are going to write off Trent Edwards because a 2nd year QB, his first full season as the starter; playing behind a sorry excuse for a OL with only one reliable WR to throw too, and none (zero, zilch, squat) semblance of a running..

Because he's hit a rough stretch in the middle of the season and has had a couple of very sub-par games in a row.

yes.. He's playing like......a young QB with the forementioned issues around him usually does.

Criticizing him is one thing.. I think he SUCKED ASS against New England. But for not just a few, but several people in here concluding he is no better than Losman or average at best; is about as laughable as it is to me.

This kid is still going to be a great QB. Some of you are f'n insane.

Update:
It reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. What a bust and a bum he was. Blahblahbalh. By NO coincidence, the Giants learned how to run the ball and rush the passer. Suddenly Eli Manning became a great QB. Coincidence?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
11-11-2008, 12:28 PM
We know you have never over-reacted before. :D

RockStar36
It's about as insane as the people who were saying he is a league MVP.

patmoran2006
We know you have never over-reacted before. :D
nope.. never once ever

Pinkerton Security
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I love the comparison to Eli. Im not saying Trent is as good as Eli (who knows, he may be better, may be way worse) but me and buddy talked about this the other day. Eli was vilified in New York for doing so poorly his first couple years, I even thought he was on his way to being a monumental bust. But look at him now: he "manages" the game, but has progressively learned to light it up when he has to.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
11-11-2008, 12:36 PM
People should just stop being so drastic about everything, I'm tired of everyone taking one extreme position.

Some weeks ago Trent Edwards was the new Tom Brady and today Trent Edwards is not better than Losman.

IMO Trent is a very good pocket QB but the problem is he is being handed too much responsability and not a good protection by his OL at all. Even in the games when we lost against the Dolphins and the Jets the offense was able to move the ball in contrast to the Losman era.

raphael120
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I am laughing at the scores of people in here who are going to write off Trent Edwards because a 2nd year QB, his first full season as the starter; playing behind a sorry excuse for a OL with only one reliable WR to throw too, and none (zero, zilch, squat) semblance of a running..

Because he's hit a rough stretch in the middle of the season and has had a couple of very sub-par games in a row.

yes.. He's playing like......a young QB with the forementioned issues around him usually does.

Criticizing him is one thing.. I think he SUCKED ASS against New England. But for not just a few, but several people in here concluding he is no better than Losman or average at best; is about as laughable as it is to me.

Update:
It reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. What a bust and a bum he was. Blahblahbalh. By NO coincidence, the Giants learned how to run the ball and rush the passer. Suddenly Eli Manning became a great QB. Coincidence?<o:p></o:p>

Youre right. It's kinda hard for a QB to succeed when we have SO little faith in our running game, we're going 5 wide shotgun on 3rd and 1.

PATHETIC.

Nighthawk
11-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Trent will be fine, he needs help.

madness
11-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Youre right. It's kinda hard for a QB to succeed when we have SO little faith in our running game, we're going 5 wide shotgun on 3rd and 1.

PATHETIC.

Even if we did run the ball in that situation, I bet Jackson would be getting the call. :shakeno:

raphael120
11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Even if we did run the ball in that situation, I bet Jackson would be getting the call. :shakeno:

Let's get Omon in the game

SABURZFAN
11-11-2008, 01:12 PM

Update:
It reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. What a bust and a bum he was. Blahblahbalh. By NO coincidence, the Giants learned how to run the ball and rush the passer. Suddenly Eli Manning became a great QB. Coincidence?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

great post, pat. :bf1:

i see people who have criticized Edwards severely and they were right. what i don't see is people who are pro-Edwards calling those who criticize haters.

acehole
11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
OK we will wait for next year to laugh as you all did.
Waste another year if you want...I am laughing now......

I will be ahead of the curve....

Update:

PECKERWOOD
11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Actually in the first 5 games, Trent was playing like a person in the runnings for the League MVP.. I'm convinced still that Trent can be a very good QB in the NFL, however we obviously need to get some playmakers on offense who can help this guy. It's a shame that Butler has been hurt because his absence has been HUGE, especially against teams like the Jets and Patriots. Preston is a solid backup, not a starting caliber C, atleast not in our blocking scheme. The fact that we still have Whittle on our roster as a backup is enough proof that we need more talent on the OL. We need a STUD at center more than anything else. Our offense has it's overall General in Trent Edwards but now the OL needs their leader. I think in the mean time, Fowler should be the starting center. Listen, we got to 5-0 with Fowler under center, why change what was working, even though it kinda tailed off a bit? Atleast Fowler was starting on the team when it was making a playoff like climb going undefeated throughout the first 5 games. I'm all about upgrading our positions but the bottom line is, as much as we all would like to replace Fowler, we have nothing to replace him with.

Griff
11-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Trent is just going through a slump, it happens to all sports players, but since our line can't open a hole for Marshawn, we've been depending on Trent's play. And lets face it, we can't win if we can't produce a balanced attack.

Jaybird
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
eli still sucks

yordad
11-11-2008, 09:42 PM

Update:
It reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. What a bust and a bum he was. Blahblahbalh. By NO coincidence, the Giants learned how to run the ball and rush the passer. Suddenly Eli Manning became a great QB. Coincidence?<o:p></o:p>Isn't that about what happened to the last guy? I think you left out valid excuse #13 and #27. Poor coaching and poor play calling.

bills_7
11-12-2008, 01:43 AM
SOOOOOOOO SHOULDNT U BE SAYING THE SAME THING ABOUT JP?

X-Era
11-12-2008, 06:04 AM

Update:
It reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. What a bust and a bum he was. Blahblahbalh. By NO coincidence, the Giants learned how to run the ball and rush the passer. Suddenly Eli Manning became a great QB. Coincidence?<o:p></o:p>

Absolutely.

His play over the past 3 games has played a major role in us losing. No one made him make those bad throws.

I think he can be all that we need at QB. But I think hes still young. I agree that the rest of the team didn't help much.

Bad play happens at times, cough-Favre-cough, and a few games does not a QB make. But we also cant simply discard the fact that he has made significant mistakes that helped us lose.

mybills
11-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Scores of people writing him off?
Funny, there's a poll showing only about 11 people who blame the last 3 losses on him. Most votes blame the whole organization.

Wally The Barber
11-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Thats ok.

The Patriots fans did the same thing with Tom Brady and the New York Giants fans totally gave up on Eli Manning in week 3 last year!

It was ridiculous!

Try to find these fans later, they will never admit anything!

SABURZFAN
11-12-2008, 07:29 AM
SOOOOOOOO SHOULDNT U BE SAYING THE SAME THING ABOUT JP?

no. :rolleyes:

jamze132
11-12-2008, 07:43 AM
As soon as Trent has more than 2 seconds to make a decision and Lynch isn't met in the backfield on almost every run, all this hoopla about him sucking will go away.

mybills
11-12-2008, 07:47 AM
He doesn't suck...he just sucked badly in the last game, and somewhat sucked in the two before that.

Ingtar33
11-12-2008, 11:07 AM

Update:

I'd take year 2 Trent over year 2 and superbowl winning Ben Rothlesburger. You put Trent on that team and they probably would have gone 15-1 and cruised to the championship.

billogic99
11-12-2008, 11:21 AM

Weren't the same things said about JP and Rob Johnson?

TacklingDummy
11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Weren't the same things said about JP and Rob Johnson?

Yes, but Trent is playing behind a line that is worse and running game that is worse than what RJ/JP had. And WR's that are just as bad and a RB that is worse than Henry/McGahee.

So considering all that, Trent is not playing that bad.