PDA

View Full Version : Trent's head..

JJamezz
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Interesting post over at TBD.. It makes a lot more sense than anything else I've heard. Yes, teams have figured out how to defend us/him better, he's a young player... blah, blah, blah.. It is blatantly obvious that there is something more going on here. This is not a sophomore slump or simple loss of confidence, the kid has done a complete 180 in the areas he excelled at most, quick reads and decisions.

I've never had a concussion, and was not aware of the non-linear nature of concussion syndrome & symptoms, and how they are affected and brought back on by stress, very interesting stuff.

In one sense it makes me feel a little better, that the real Edwards is more of what we saw prior to these past 4 weeks.. then on the other hand, it's incredibly troubling to think they'd put the kid back in too soon and risk something serious.. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that intentionally, but how many players have they put back on the field this year when they weren't ready to go..

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=77170

Tatonka
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
it could be the only rational explaination.. because this is not the same guy that played the first 3 games of the season.

Tatonka
11-18-2008, 09:36 PM
what i just cant seem to phathom though.. because i have had this discussion with several friends.. how is it possible that a whole team of doctors and coaches that are looking at his play, cant see this???

if this is truly the issue, how could it not be obvious in practice? in warm ups? and obviously in games.

im4bflo
11-18-2008, 09:36 PM
I believe what you're saying has to have something to do with it.
Ever since 'light's out' he hasn't been the same.
And seems to be getting worse.

VeggieMan14
11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Ive had multiple concussions and ive had post concussion syndrome it does throw you off quite a bit but im not ready to use it as an excuse if the trainers have him out there playing

Tatonka
11-18-2008, 09:49 PM
i have had a concussion 1 time from playing hockey.. but i cant even come close to saying mine was as bad as his.. that hit he took was absolutely brutal.

VeggieMan14
11-18-2008, 09:53 PM
i have had a concussion 1 time from playing hockey.. but i cant even come close to saying mine was as bad as his.. that hit he took was absolutely brutal.mine were pretty bad and i had them within 3 months of each other so i was pretty banged up and was not 100% until about a month and a half later so I wouldnt rule out post concussion syndrome but like I said if the trainers have him out there its hard to say hes not 100%

gr8slayer
11-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Never bothered Steve Young.

JJamezz
11-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't know what grade of concussion he had, but I'm guessing it was on the severe end seeing how he had memory loss and was completely out of it for at least 15 mins or so..

What I found interesting were the symptoms - I didn't realize concussions caused long term cognitive problems like impaired ability to process information & problem solve, along with slower reaction to stimuli. Sure looks like what we've been seeing on the field - which is now being magnified by loss of confidence in his abilities.

I also didn't realize how long the symptoms can last - I figured a person had a headache & maybe some dizziness for a few weeks, I had no idea.

JJamezz
11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid.. If he's having lingering problems and trying to 'play through them', he needs to wake the f up.. he's hurting the team and more importantly endangering himself.

6 weeks ago he's being talked about as a young star, up and coming QB. While I thought it way premature, there were comparisons to some elite NFL QB's being thrown around in the media, even talk of the Pro Bowl.. To go from that to what we witnessed last night, I simply cannot believe there isn't some truth to this. You'd have an easier time convincing me he was abducted by aliens and his never-played-football-in-his-life doppleganger is out there taking the field on Sundays..

jamze132
11-18-2008, 11:22 PM
He should be good next year...

Mr. Cynical
11-19-2008, 05:27 AM
how is it possible that a whole team of doctors and coaches that are looking at his play, cant see this???
Because they suck?

Dick needs to go....period. The team is undisciplined (how many timeouts have been wasted because of too many men on the field?), unmotivated and sloppy. Yes, part goes on the players but the coaches are ultimately responsible for what happens on the field.

Until a new FO is in place, this team isn't going anywhere. Hence my avatar I put up the day they announced Dick was hired. I figured 3 more years of mediocrity, then another change. Unfortunately Ralph re-upped his contract....senility is no longer a guess, it's a fact.

So we wait and hope Ralph get a moment of clarity next season and hires a new GM/coach. Otherwise it will be the Toronto/LA Bills in 2010.

mybills
11-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Edwards shows up and practices. Don't you think that the coaches, the 53 players, all with varying experiences having seen team mates with residual effects of a bell rung, would speak up?

This person is spot on. His concussion was mild because they let him get on the plane right after the game. If you have a severe one, you don't fly (period).
Somebody would've noticed Edwards wasn't 'the same' by now, and they wouldn't let him play.

Night Train
11-19-2008, 06:34 AM
With Losman already leaving, The Bills may need to bring in more than 1 QB, unless Hamden is viewed as a decent backup.

A viable alternative must be ID'd, in case Edwards never regains his previous form of being prudent with the ball.

acehole
11-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Bunk INHO.....how do you explain the SD game?

Interesting post over at TBD.. It makes a lot more sense than anything else I've heard. Yes, teams have figured out how to defend us/him better, he's a young player... blah, blah, blah.. It is blatantly obvious that there is something more going on here. This is not a sophomore slump or simple loss of confidence, the kid has done a complete 180 in the areas he excelled at most, quick reads and decisions.

I've never had a concussion, and was not aware of the non-linear nature of concussion syndrome & symptoms, and how they are affected and brought back on by stress, very interesting stuff.

In one sense it makes me feel a little better, that the real Edwards is more of what we saw prior to these past 4 weeks.. then on the other hand, it's incredibly troubling to think they'd put the kid back in too soon and risk something serious.. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that intentionally, but how many players have they put back on the field this year when they weren't ready to go..

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=77170

Philagape
11-19-2008, 08:12 AM
The fact that the things he's doing wrong are things that he has been pretty good at before means something is wrong with him, that this is not his natural or normal state. It could be concussion-related or psychological, but if it's something that's broken, that means it can be fixed/healed.

acehole
11-19-2008, 08:31 AM
The fact that the things he's doing wrong are things that he has been pretty good at before means something is wrong with him, that this is not his natural or normal state. It could be concussion-related or psychological, but if it's something that's broken, that means it can be fixed/healed.

He cant make 3 yard passes as well as he used to?

This is the NFL and he is a man right?

Wonder if it is the cold?

How do you fix that?

Always has his hands in that thing.

JP was inconsistant also...could he be fixed?

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Bunk INHO.....how do you explain the SD game?

there's no explaining to a Licker. it would be a waste of time.

Pinkerton Security
11-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I doubt it has anything to do with his concussion. However, something is different. Im not sure if it is because teams have figured out his tendencies, but 2 of the INT's against the Browns were just simply TERRIBLE passes, throwing to guys he should never throw to. its not like hes getting baited into those passes, he is just not making the throws he should. You never know I guess, but I doubt it is due to the concussion.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 08:56 AM
there's no explaining to a Licker. it would be a waste of time.
typical post from someone who'd rather call names because he has no answer to acehole's post. Seriously, explain the san Diego game.

Who's the Trent tard/licker now?

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 08:57 AM
typical post from someone who'd rather call names because he has no answer to acehole's post.

Who's the Trent tard/licker now?

see what i mean. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 08:57 AM
see what i mean. :rolleyes:
still no answer huh? Thought so.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 08:59 AM
still no answer huh? Thought so.

like i said, there's no need to explain to a Licker.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
like i said, there's no need to explain to a Licker.
the clueless one obviously can't explain.

Jeff1220
11-19-2008, 09:07 AM
The 2BD thread explains the SD game.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
the clueless one obviously can't explain.

you mean it's a waste of time to explain to the clueless ones. :rolleyes:

JJamezz
11-19-2008, 09:18 AM
If you're questioning the SD game, you obviously didn't read the thread I linked to in the OP..

The non-linear nature of post-concussion syndrome means that recovery is not a straight path or predictable thing - new symptoms can appear weeks and even months after the injury.

Read the wikipedia entry, explains it a lot better than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 09:22 AM
If you're questioning the SD game, you obviously didn't read the thread I linked to in the OP..

The non-linear nature of post-concussion syndrome means that recovery is not a straight path or predictable thing - new symptoms can appear weeks and even months after the injury.

like i was saying.... it's a waste of time to explain to the clueless ones. :shakeno:

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 09:45 AM

so our Doctors don't know this?

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
like i was saying.... it's a waste of time to explain to the clueless ones. :shakeno:
you can ride on the concussion EXCUSE all you want.

I don't think it was the concussion anyways, I think it's because it was cold.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:06 AM
you can ride on the concussion EXCUSE all you want.

I don't think it was the concussion anyways, I think it's because it was cold.

you thought Lossman was a good QB too so it doesn't matter what you think.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 10:09 AM
you thought Lossman was a good QB too so it doesn't matter what you think.

I was never sold on JP and still am not. Just because I think the jury is still out on the guy and not hating on him, you guys come up with your own conclusion that I'm a JP fan . :crazy:

JJamezz
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
so our Doctors don't know this?

How the f should I know?

Did McGee come back a week too early? How about Whitner, what do you think his status will be for Sunday? If Schobel had sat out the AZ game, would we still be looking at the very real possibility of him not seeing the field again this season?

SABURZFAN
11-19-2008, 10:12 AM
I was never sold on JP and still am not. Just because I think the jury is still out on the guy and not hating on him, you guys come up with your own conclusion that I'm a JP fan . :crazy:

:drama:

you should look in the mirror when you accuse people of coming up with their own conclusions.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 10:14 AM
How the f should I know?

Did McGee come back a week too early? How about Whitner, what do you think his status will be for Sunday? If Schobel had sat out the AZ game, would we still be looking at the very real possibility of him not seeing the field again this season?

The coaches and doctors see Trent at practice. I don't think they'd risk the entire season if he was playing like a girl at practice.

mybills
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Stop making excuses about the doctors not know or caring. There's a big difference between McGee's knee and someone's head/brain/life. Sending him back out on the field could KILL him if there really were something wrong with him...I doubt very much they would take that chance and be brought up on criminal charges later.

He's physically fine, and being screwed with by the coaches just like JP was.

mchurchfie
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Never underestimate head traumas. I had a real bad head injury at one time. My doctor told me I had Post Concussion Syndrome and that it would probably get worse before it gets better and she was 100% correct. Head injuries are hard to decipher. The effects are unpredictable and affect every person differently. One thing that is very common with them is depression. With the pressure that Trent already has on him being a No 1 QB and the expectations form his previous success the stress of that and the head injury might have thrown him into a little bit of a depression. When you are depressed it is awful hard to concentrate on anything and operate at peak efficiency like would be expected at that position. With his recent failures I'm sure it is playing a headgame on him even more. Maybe he just needs to talk with someone and get his head right again. Just a thought.

mchurchfie
11-19-2008, 12:05 PM

:bf1:100% correct.

Buffalogic
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Guess what. We are questioning everything because we have lost 4 straight games and looked completely pitiful. People are searching for answers anywhere.

Tatonka
11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
How the f should I know?

wow.. that is a great fing point.

yordad
11-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I think it is more likely there is something mentally wrong with his head, not phsically. Like he is now afraid to stand tall in the pocket. He is now afraid to try and make a play. He is now afraid the o-line will forget to block. He is now afraid to play.

Football was just supposed to be a stepping stone for him. Not his life.

RedEyE
11-19-2008, 02:21 PM
He's playing scared, plain and simple.

He came out in the Browns game and threw 2 picks in 5 plays. After the 3rd one he began to question himself and was throwing check down after check down. Now, that to me sounds like he's make decisions and processing information just fine.

While I agree the problem does reside in his brain, I feel it has a lot more to do with his psyche and a lot less due to the Arizona hit.

ddaryl
11-19-2008, 02:40 PM
He's playing scared, plain and simple.

He came out in the Browns game and threw 2 picks in 5 plays. After the 3rd one he began to question himself and was throwing check down after check down. Now, that to me sounds like he's make decisions and processing information just fine.

While I agree the problem does reside in his brain, I feel it has a lot more to do with his psyche and a lot less due to the Arizona hit.

not necessareily.. You need split second decision making to hit the timing routes. You need quick decision making to dissect D's and find the weak coverage. However in trents case he couldn't do those things and 4 seconds later he dumped off because it wasn't a split second decision.

I believe trent is suffering from that hit, he isn't the same QB he was in the 1st 4 games, and trent was finding open WR's and hitting WR's quickly. Trent didn't use to hold the ball and wait and wait and wait, all of sudden now he is. It really does look to me he is still having lingering effects.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 02:41 PM
not necessareily.. You need split second decision making to hit the timing routes. You need quick decision making to dissect D's and find the weak coverage. However in trents case he couldn't do those things and 4 seconds later he dumped off because it wasn't a split second decision.

I believe trent is suffering from that hit, he isn't the same QB he was in the 1st 4 games, and trent was finding open WR's and hitting WR's quickly. Trent didn't use to hold the ball and wait and wait and wait, all of sudden now he is. It really does look to me he is still having lingering effects.
whether it's the hit , weather or whatever excuses we can come up with, it's reason enough to sit his arse.

ddaryl
11-19-2008, 02:49 PM
whether it's the hit , weather or whatever excuses we can come up with, it's reason enough to sit his arse.

your tone sounds bitter towards trent. if he is suffering then yes sit him. if he is not then we let him play and figure it out, because the only thing that happens if we bench him is we are playing the old ping pong with the QB's BS that everyone here is sick of, and that destroys developement

but I do bleieve he is still having lingering effects from the concusion. There were numerous plays where WR's or TE's were wide open but trent never pulled the trigger or just didn't computate where the ball needed to be... and this is a huge difference from the Trent of the 1st 4 games...

if it is lingering effects then his confidence is being damaged simultaneously because he doesn't trust his own brain.

RedEyE
11-19-2008, 02:56 PM

The line was holding so well at times that he had 4-6 seconds to throw the ball.

Pat-pat-pat-pat-pat...whiz.

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the concussion.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 02:59 PM
your tone sounds bitter towards trent.no different when I wanted JP benched in favor of Holcomb because he wasn't gettingit doen and the other players wanted to win. Trent had help from almost every unit out there which was never the case for when JP was the qb. The OL , D and ST did almost everything they could to help Trent. The entire team tried their best to bail Trent out. Even the D. That never happened under JP becaus ehe never had the talent around him.

if he is suffering then yes sit him. if he is not then we let him play and figure it out, because the only thing that happens if we bench him is we are playing the old ping pong with the QB's BS that everyone here is sick of, and that destroys developement

but I do bleieve he is still having lingering effects from the concusion. There were numerous plays where WR's or TE's were wide open but trent never pulled the trigger or just didn't computate where the ball needed to be... and this is a huge difference from the Trent of the 1st 4 games...

if it is lingering effects then his confidence is being damaged simultaneously because he doesn't trust his own brain. I'm sure the other players want to win and want the best players out there. Trent isn't looking like he's even better than Robosack.

I'm almost sure Lee would rahter have JP in there.

UltimateBillsFan
11-19-2008, 03:08 PM
You all forget that he had the best game of his career the week off of the bye versus San Diego...

gr8slayer
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
You all forget that he had the best game of his career the week off of the bye versus San Diego...His best game of the year and he still can't throw for more than one TD. The guy lacks the ability to get the ball in the end zone.

ddaryl
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
The line was holding so well at times that he had 4-6 seconds to throw the ball.

Pat-pat-pat-pat-pat...whiz.

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the concussion.

I really don't understand your logic here. Everythign you're telling me points exactly to what I was saying. He couldn't make the quick decision and wasn't seeing things clearly therefore he would sit back there and pat-pat-pat-pat while his brain slowly digested info.

then he dumped off because everything happening downfield was un comprehensible to him.

I still cannot understand how he went from stud, having great game after great game, to what we've seen the last 4 games... something just doesn't make sense here, and it IMO it goes beyond simple loss of confidence.

yes they were against bad team, but he was making right decision after right decision... this is not the same player mentally and that much is obvious

UltimateBillsFan
11-19-2008, 03:33 PM
His best game of the year and he still can't throw for more than one TD. The guy lacks the ability to get the ball in the end zone.
That's a great point but all i was concerned about that game is that he set us up to win. Whether it was putting us in field goal position or getting Marshawn close enough to slam the ball into the endzone, he made the necessary plays. I think he just hasn't been doing well lately and looking like a totally different quarterback because of his inconsistency which throughout the years has been a problem for him. He showed it wasn't the concussion after the San Diego game.

UltimateBillsFan
11-19-2008, 03:35 PM
And in the post game press conferences he sounds like the mentally strong Trent Edwards that i knew in the first four weeks of the season. He just isn't getting it done. He knows it, the coaches know it, and his teammates know it. You don't hear any of them blaming his poor play upon an injury that happened 45 days ago.

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I really don't understand your logic here. Everythign you're telling me points exactly to what I was saying. He couldn't make the quick decision and wasn't seeing things clearly therefore he would sit back there and pat-pat-pat-pat while his brain slowly digested info.

then he dumped off because everything happening downfield was un comprehensible to him.

I still cannot understand how he went from stud, having great game after great game, to what we've seen the last 4 games... something just doesn't make sense here, and it IMO it goes beyond simple loss of confidence.

yes they were against bad team, but he was making right decision after right decision... this is not the same player mentally and that much is obvious

could be the Rex Grossman syndrome. Good at one point, ZERO confidence the next day :idunno:

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 03:39 PM
You don't hear any of them blaming his poor play upon an injury that happened 45 days ago.

except for some zoners here.

JJamezz
11-19-2008, 03:43 PM
You all forget that he had the best game of his career the week off of the bye versus San Diego...

Yes, and a lot of people are forgetting that he had 2 weeks of rest beforehand, one of which he spent hanging out at home on the couch..

Even if you disregard the nature of his injury and the fact that symptoms change, new ones can appear well into the recovery period, that stress can cause previously diminished symptoms to reappear.. what about the shots he's taken SINCE then, can we disregard those too?

Look, no one is saying he's not playing scared or that the concussion is the be all end all reason we've lost 4 in a row.. I'm just purely looking at Edwards and how he doesn't even resemble the player we've seen pretty much from day 1 - a high efficiency guy who gets the ball out of his hands QUICKLY, goes through his progressions QUICKLY..

And Justa, we agree on one thing, although our reasonings are different, if he starts out Sunday looking anything like he has, they need to sit his ass down.. I don't care if its JP, Hamdan or f'n Fred Jackson's full time wildcat offense..

justasportsfan
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
And Justa, we agree on one thing, although our reasonings are different, if he starts out Sunday looking anything like he has, they need to sit his ass down.. I don't care if its JP, Hamdan or f'n Fred Jackson's full time wildcat offense.. I still have hope for Trent. I just feel that something needs to be done to light a fire underneath his arse. I think we can handle KC with JP at qb. It migh be what it takes to wake Trent up, I'm willing to give that a shot.

He talks about this is his team blah.blah,blah but played worse than Rob Johnson. Never thought anyone could do that especially Trent.

JD
11-19-2008, 04:25 PM
He took two blows to the head, one by the player and another once he was driven into the ground. I think he definitely has post-concussion syndrome on top of the fact that he is playing scared with his weak line.

Op was right all along, we really were never a good team. We were just a good team against injured teams and now the tables have turned.

Another 8-8 year in Buffalo, IF we luck out!

sdbillsfan2
11-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Imho "F" the excuses! I think he's a QB with limitations on his abilities that the other teams are now figuring out. NE is great at exploiting weakness of the opposition . LOOK at our record against them . Others teams emulate success.
I also think it has to do with bad play calling, as well as having the constraints of a player of limited skills. Will he work his way out of it? I doubt it. Sorry !
Unless something changes before next year ,expect the same. Find a QB with proven ability ala F/A . Relegate TE to a back up role , and of equal importance
FIND SOME FRIGGIN COACHING!
When have DJ or TE ever shown they could win consistently ?

tat2dmike77
11-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I could see it being a reason. When i fell 22 feet not only did i shatter my kidney but i had a cat 3 concussion which i guess is the worst you can get. It took me a long time to get over the affects of dizzyness, confusion, headaches, insomnia and anxiety. On top of recovering from having my kidney removed and loosing 40% of my blood. But even to this day i still have a hard time remembering things so my girlfriend is my memory she never forgets anything.

But yeah i could see this being an issue but if it is then why is he playing? Concussions are nothing to fool around with and if he is not helthy then he needs to be getting healthy. And getting pounded every week is not going to help matters any. I just hope this is not going to be an excuse.

TheBrownBear
11-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm honestly starting to believe it could be PCS with Trent. He doesn't look right to me. And the full effects of PCS can take weeks to months to set in, which could be why he had the good game against San Diego. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still suffering from mild headaches and he's just self-medicated and telling the doctor's he feels ok. Kid probably doesn't want to lose his spot in the lineup. Check this out...

"The acronym PCS may also be used to mean post-concussion symptoms.<sup id="cite_ref-Ryan03_10-1" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Ryan03-10)</sup> Symptoms can appear immediately, or weeks to months after the initial injury. Their severity lessens progressively over time.<sup id="cite_ref-Kushner98_11-0" class="reference">[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Kushner98-11)</sup> The nature of the symptoms tends to change over time: they are most commonly of a physical nature following the injury, but tend to become predominantly psychological later.<sup id="cite_ref-Weight_12-0" class="reference">[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Weight-12)</sup><sup id="cite_ref-AndersonT_13-0" class="reference">[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-AndersonT-13)</sup> Signs and symptoms such as noise sensitivity, problems with concentration and memory, irritability, depression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_%28mood%29), anxiety (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety), fatigue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatigue_%28medical%29), and poor judgment may be called 'late symptoms' because they generally do not occur immediately after the injury, but rather days or weeks after.<sup id="cite_ref-Ryan03_10-2" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Ryan03-10)</sup> Nausea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausea) and drowsiness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drowsiness) commonly occur early after concussion but usually do not last, while headache and dizziness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizziness) occur immediately after the injury and are long lasting.<sup id="cite_ref-Ryan03_10-3" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Ryan03-10)"</sup>

Typ0
11-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I can't believe they would put him at risk so I don't think it's true...unless they didn't think he could be further injured and figured 55% of TE is better than 100% of anyone else on the roster.

JJamezz
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
What's been most telling to me is that in the numerous threads about this topic, on this site, TBD, bb.com.. 100% of the people who have actually had this type of injury are all in total agreement.. I'll leave it at that.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 01:16 PM
figured 55% of TE is better than 100% of anyone else on the roster.then our coaches are idiots. JP was better vs. the cards which is a way better team than the browns.

Typ0
11-20-2008, 01:25 PM
then our coaches are idiots. JP was better vs. the cards which is a way better team than the browns.

yeah that's good...pick a decent performance after he's proven he's good for about 1 in 5 of those.

justasportsfan
11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
yeah that's good...pick a decent performance after he's proven he's good for about 1 in 5 of those.

that performance is better than the last 4 games. What do you want me to do, grab JP's games from last year which was a different team and different OC? Even if I took JP's worst game from last year, it nearly wasn't as bad as Trents performance last monday especially if you consider how hard the rest of the team tried to overcome Trents mistakes, it wasn't enough to fix the damage. Take into account it was at HOME vs. a crappy browns D.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm honestly starting to believe it could be PCS with Trent. He doesn't look right to me. And the full effects of PCS can take weeks to months to set in, which could be why he had the good game against San Diego. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still suffering from mild headaches and he's just self-medicated and telling the doctor's he feels ok. Kid probably doesn't want to lose his spot in the lineup. Check this out...

"The acronym PCS may also be used to mean post-concussion symptoms.<sup id="cite_ref-Ryan03_10-1" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Ryan03-10)</sup> Symptoms can appear immediately, or weeks to months after the initial injury. Their severity lessens progressively over time.<sup id="cite_ref-Kushner98_11-0" class="reference">[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Kushner98-11)</sup> The nature of the symptoms tends to change over time: they are most commonly of a physical nature following the injury, but tend to become predominantly psychological later.<sup id="cite_ref-Weight_12-0" class="reference">[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Weight-12)</sup><sup id="cite_ref-AndersonT_13-0" class="reference">[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-AndersonT-13)</sup> Signs and symptoms such as noise sensitivity, problems with concentration and memory, irritability, depression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_%28mood%29), anxiety (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety), fatigue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatigue_%28medical%29), and poor judgment may be called 'late symptoms' because they generally do not occur immediately after the injury, but rather days or weeks after.<sup id="cite_ref-Ryan03_10-2" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Ryan03-10)</sup> Nausea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausea) and drowsiness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drowsiness) commonly occur early after concussion but usually do not last, while headache and dizziness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizziness) occur immediately after the injury and are long lasting.<sup id="cite_ref-Ryan03_10-3" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome#cite_note-Ryan03-10)"</sup>

if you are right, Edwards should be sitting and another QB should be in there.

madness
11-21-2008, 08:52 AM
What's been most telling to me is that in the numerous threads about this topic, on this site, TBD, bb.com.. 100% of the people who have actually had this type of injury are all in total agreement.. I'll leave it at that.

Not only that but Trent's quotes as of late scare me into thinking there is definitely some residual effects.

mybills
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
This is getting crazy. I had the worst kind of concussion in grade school, where everything was upside down, I wasn't allowed to go to sleep for 24 hours, etc..my report card showed straight A's before and after the accident. Trent is still speaking as smoothly as Obama. There is no freaking way his MILD concussion is the reason for his crappy decisions on the field. Again, if it was that bad of an injury, they never would have allowed him to get on the plane. Even Trent isn't blaming the old injury, and I'm sure the doctors told him all about the different grades & the many after effects of a concussion.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2008, 09:46 AM
This is getting crazy. I had the worst kind of concussion in grade school, where everything was upside down, I wasn't allowed to go to sleep for 24 hours, etc..my report card showed straight A's before and after the accident. Trent is still speaking as smoothly as Obama. There is no freaking way his MILD concussion is the reason for his crappy decisions on the field. Again, if it was that bad of an injury, they never would have allowed him to get on the plane. Even Trent isn't blaming the old injury, and I'm sure the doctors told him all about the different grades & the many after effects of a concussion.

:z:

acehole
11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
could be the Rex Grossman syndrome. Good at one point, ZERO confidence the next day :idunno:

No Rex has an arm.

acehole
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Nice contortion.

These excuses are really great.

You guys should have been OJ trial lawyers.

Spiderweb
11-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Medical explanation or not, Edwards the past 4 weeks has been holding the ball quite a while longer than he did the first 4 games. What made him different, and possibly better than JP, was his apparent ability to size things up quickly, make his read and then his throw.

Concussion or not, this guy simply hasn't been the same guy. Now that his confidence has been clearly rattled, his play may also be hampered from emotionally as well as physically.

That said, his play the last four weeks has been crap, whatever the EXCUSE...

Typ0
11-22-2008, 07:50 AM
What do you want me to do

the world will be a better place when every breath you breath is not to find fault with everything in order to make excuses for and rationalize your love for the precious JP.

acehole
11-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Maybe his ego was damaged or sprained during the hit.
I guess that injury prone issue I was telling you all about
was a very real concern. Like all choices we make some we
have to live with....

mybills
11-22-2008, 09:03 AM
They should have made him drink warm milk like my doctor made me have to do.

Typ0
11-22-2008, 09:07 AM
They should have made him drink warm milk like my doctor made me have to do.

right from the tit?

justasportsfan
11-22-2008, 10:21 AM
the world will be a better place when every breath you breath is not to find fault with everything in order to make excuses for and rationalize your love for the precious JP.
thats funny, you're making excuses as if you're sleeping with trent.

acehole
11-22-2008, 10:21 AM

the world will be a better place when every breath you breath is not to find fault with everything in order to make excuses for and rationalize your love for the precious Trend.

justasportsfan
11-22-2008, 10:24 AM
the world will be a better place when every breath you breath is not to find fault with everything in order to make excuses for and rationalize your love for the precious Trend.

both trent and Dick made dumb excuses as to why we lost and Typo thinks they have a winners mentallity. He doesn't care about performance and results but he drools over talk and I would rather see results . Whose the one in love with yapping?

Typ0
11-22-2008, 10:28 AM
both trent and Dick made dumb excuses as to why we lost and Typo thinks they have a winners mentallity. He doesn't care about performance and results but he drools over talk and I would rather see results . Whose the one in love with yapping?

they made dumb excuses because there was nothing else they could say. Edwards has played bad the last month. Had he played bad and not turned the ball over we probably would have been at least .500 in that stretch. Sucks to be them.

justasportsfan
11-22-2008, 10:30 AM
they made dumb excuses because there was nothing else they could say. Edwards has played bad the last month. Had he played bad and not turned the ball over we probably would have been at least .500 in that stretch. Sucks to be them.yet you claim they have a winners mentallity. So who's the one in love with talk? Obviously it's you.

Typ0
11-22-2008, 10:32 AM
yet you claim they have a winners mentallity. So who's the one in love with talk? Obviously it's you.

they do have a winners mentality they are just losing right now. It will turn around.

justasportsfan
11-22-2008, 10:35 AM
they do have a winners mentality they are just losing right now. It will turn around.
you're predicting we'll lose to the 1 win chiefs and yet you're saying we'll turn it around?

I hope we do turn it around and it starts by beating a crappier team than the browns. Don't get on my case though when I want results instead of hot air.

SABURZFAN
11-22-2008, 11:11 AM

:bf1:

Typ0
11-22-2008, 11:12 AM
you're predicting we'll lose to the 1 win chiefs and yet you're saying we'll turn it around?

I hope we do turn it around and it starts by beating a crappier team than the browns. Don't get on my case though when I want results instead of hot air.

I think this week is going to be a much tougher game than TE is prepared to play right now. So what?

acehole
11-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I think this week is going to be a much tougher game than TE is prepared to play right now. So what?

Yes as KC is a powerhouse Defense and offense...

No wait they are not that good...

And Trent continues his winning ways as he did college...

Oh wait...his win loss was terrible in college...

Ok as his great top rated stat goes this year and last....

No wait he was 27th last year and...bottom half this year....

Wait....why is he reguarded so highly?

Bill Walsh said so....

Well HE also said the same of Jim Drunkenmiller.

Well he sucked....

No wait...

The Trend is over.