PDA

View Full Version : Why wasnt Schobel placed on IR????

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Schobel for the most part in my opinion is a very overatted and over paid DE for the Buffalo Bills
He does little for the community at all
He is very arrogant in his interveiws
He is grossly over paid for most of the time garbage time sacks
He is not a game changer
Teams do not plan around him being on the feild
And we kept him on the active roster for 7-8 games hurt and he is out this week as well?
The mismanagement of this roster falls directly on Dick Jaroun and his coaching staff, we still have 3 wrs on the Practice squad and have 6 on the active roster????there were weeks that went buy were we only had 7 players on the practice squad
Our depth at LBer and DLine is grossly thin
As well as at Oline

Now we keep a guy on the active roster who was contributing nothing before the injury and now made 7mil to have a ****ing foot injury, always something with these 3 white boys and there feet, all three have had serious foot injuries maybe cause they are always being driven to the ground on every play

We could have signed a vet like KGB or Simeon RIce to at least rotate in and give us some rush something that doesnt come from our starters and backups on the DE position
Depth is a serious thing in this league and we have lacked it for 3 yrs now

yordad
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Wait, I'm confussed a little. Do they have foot problems because they are white, or because of the ground?

trapezeus
12-05-2008, 01:39 PM
i agree with a lot of what you said, but teams do game plan for him. and i think doubling him left stroud to make havoc and doubling stroud and schobel left the LB's in a position to make trouble.

Schobel doesn't really perform in the clutch, but he's never played on a Bills team that's been in a clutch situation.

I don't think i want him back next year, but i'd love for someone who commands a double team as one of our DE. Kelsay and Denney are one in the same and they blow.

yordad
12-05-2008, 01:43 PM
I think he wasn't IR'd in case we made the playoff, and I would have done it the same way. Oh, NTM, I wouldn't have IR'd Crowell, that was stupid.

eyedog
12-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Clutch. What a joke that is. I can count on one hand the clutch plays he has made in his whole career.

If they could get a 3rd rd. pick for him I would take that in a second. Best of both worlds. You get a player and get rid of his ridiculous salary.

Mitchell55
12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Schobel for the most part in my opinion is a very overatted and over paid DE for the Buffalo Bills He also has the 2nd most sacks in the past 5 years
He does little for the community at all Niether does Stroud or Fred Jackson
He is very arrogant in his interveiws Who cares
He is grossly over paid for most of the time garbage time sacks There is no garbage time in the NFL
He is not a game changer
Teams do not plan around him being on the feild Then why is he always double teamed
And we kept him on the active roster for 7-8 games hurt and he is out this week as well?
The mismanagement of this roster falls directly on Dick Jaroun and his coaching staff, we still have 3 wrs on the Practice squad and have 6 on the active roster????there were weeks that went buy were we only had 7 players on the practice squad
As well as at Oline

Now we keep a guy on the active roster who was contributing nothing before the injury and now made 7mil to have a ****ing foot injury, always something with these 3 white boys and there feet, all three have had serious foot injuries maybe cause they are always being driven to the ground on every play

We could have signed a vet like KGB or Simeon RIce to at least rotate in and give us some rush something that doesnt come from our starters and backups on the DE position

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Schobel sucks, which is what I've been saying for 2 years now. Too bad the front office didn't listen to me in the off-season.

Hardy and McKelvin have been awesome.

Mitchell55
12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Schobel sucks, which is what I've been saying for 2 years now. Too bad the front office didn't listen to me in the off-season.

Hardy and McKelvin have been awesome.

Yeah Hardy and McKelvin have been awsomes. 1 had a game winning TD catch and the other is leading the league in every KR stat.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Yeah Hardy and McKelvin have been awsomes. 1 had a game winning TD catch and the other is leading the league in every KR stat.

When will you people figure out that special teams don't get you to the playoffs? How many years have our special teams been good and what has it got us?

Defensive ends that can only muster up 5 sacks all year is not going to get it done in any league, on any team.

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
mitchell59
Wow seriously
Garbage time sacks do exsist they come when we r beating a team badly or a team is beating us badly and we or they have no chance of winning and they let up
Happens all the time if u look at his sacks most come at the end of the game or against very below average teams, he is also never and repeat never a dominant force in a game
he will get 2 sacks in one game go without a sack for 4 games
Teams double team him cause they know there is no pass rush coming from anywhere else Kelsay and Denney are easily dominated by any tackle in the league
Try to pick a Bill that has been here for 7 yrs and not an Undrafted rookie FA in jackson, and a guy who has been here for 3 quarters of a season, also Stroud has a Charity foundation from JAX that he brought up here and has his own show answering questions for his fans, does schobel do this? Nope he runs to Texas and cuts down trees

he shows no emotion on the feild doesnt take the leadership role at all as one of the longest tenured Bills and also is very ineffective on the run

teams do not game plan around him, they know he is the only one who can rush the passer so they simply double team him or leave a back in to block and he is easily blocked

Dont let his stats full u, he is 2nd amongst sacks in the NFL but how many of those sacks were on 3rd down? how many stopped a scoring drive? how many rattled a QB? or changed the momentum of a game?
he is one of the reasons alot is wrong with this team TRADE HIM

madness
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
2nd most sacks in 5 years but gets all his sacks in garbage time. Where is this garbage time everyone keeps talking about? We should be first place in the division to have that much garbage time.

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
2nd most sacks in 5 years but gets all his sacks in garbage time. Where is this garbage time everyone keeps talking about? We should be first place in the division to have that much garbage time.

Garbage time is easy read above
he gets alot of sacks at meaningless times in the game, when we r winning and the other team has no chance or vice versa
also gets a boat load of sacks against subpar talented teams u know the ones we beat by 2 pts and then blow out of proportion saying we are a good team

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Wait, I'm confussed a little. Do they have foot problems because they are white, or because of the ground?

Was just using it to describe kelsay denney and schobel didnt feel like typin it out, but now u made me happy?

madness
12-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Garbage time is easy read above
he gets alot of sacks at meaningless times in the game, when we r winning and the other team has no chance or vice versa
also gets a boat load of sacks against subpar talented teams u know the ones we beat by 2 pts and then blow out of proportion saying we are a good team

I didn't know getting sacks is that easy. DE's on good teams should have 10x the amount of sacks Schobel has then. Slackers.

bigbub2352
12-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I didn't know getting sacks is that easy. DE's on good teams should have 10x the amount of sacks Schobel has then. Slackers.
I understand what your saying but please tell me one gamechanging play Schobel has made in the last 2-3 yrs to warrant the contract he got?

madness
12-05-2008, 03:12 PM
I understand what your saying but please tell me one gamechanging play Schobel has made in the last 2-3 yrs to warrant the contract he got?

Are you saying that he never gets a sack on a crucial 3rd down (I'd think they're all pretty crucial), stuffs a critical run play, breaks up a pass or forces a fumble?

I'd consider those all game-changing plays.

jamze132
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Schobel wasn't IRd because when he went down, we had a good command of the division. No one thought Buffalo would enter into a tale spin like we have. Until we are officially eliminated, he will be on the roster.

patmoran2006
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
yer Crowell would've missed 4-6 weeks, at most, and at the beginning of the season.

Dude, this organization sucks. everyone just needs to live with it. Its either crappy football in Buffalo, or no football in buffalo.

thats the way it is.

yordad
12-05-2008, 04:20 PM
but now u made me happy?Out of curiosity, what is this supposed to say? I was trying to figure it out, but couldn't. I see a question mark, and I think your asking me a question, but I don't know what.

Jan Reimers
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
This way, Schobel will be able to hobble through the last, meaningless game, as a testiment to his courage in playing through pain.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Because the front office has a dart board...

That's how they make decisions on everything.

It's the only logical explanation to explain how eph'ing illogical everything is that they do.

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm a very big fan of Schobel, it's unfortunate that he got injured because he is one of our best players on defense when he is healthy. Is he overpaid? Yes, but I won't blame the FO for that extension because it came directly after that incredible season that he had. Also, with all this said it still doesn't stop the fact that he is our BEST DE, even when he is at 50%. Kelsay is a good rotational player, Schobel is a starter, it's obvious to me that we are just missing one solid player at DE from having a pretty darn good DL. Keep Schobel here.

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Because the front office has a dart board...

That's how they make decisions on everything.

It's the only logical explanation to explain how eph'ing illogical everything is that they do.

Puhleez.

If we didn't extend Schobel after that monster season, Schobel would've been pissed and fans would start criticizing the FO just like we always do. Whatever, we overpaid a little for him, he is still a good DE, just the way I look at it. It's Ralph's money, not mine. Could've made a worst investment, atleast Schobel has a very high ceiling, higher than most players if I may be so bold.

patmoran2006
12-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Puhleez.

If we didn't extend Schobel after that monster season, Schobel would've been pissed and fans would start criticizing the FO just like we always do. Whatever, we overpaid a little for him, he is still a good DE, just the way I look at it. It's Ralph's money, not mine. Could've made a worst investment, atleast Schobel has a very high ceiling, higher than most players if I may be so bold.
His sack total was cut in half last year, he has one this season, missed most the season and isnt getting any younger. Good investment still?

patmoran2006
12-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Though, to be perfectly honest, I thought Schobel was playing well this year, especially against the run,.

PECKERWOOD
12-05-2008, 06:24 PM
His sack total was cut in half last year, he has one this season, missed most the season and isnt getting any younger. Good investment still?

I think so, yes. We have nobody to replace him with, unfortunately. Plus, in all fairness I think his sack total would be higher if he had played the full season. If the FO hadn't extended him after that monster season it would have been PR suicide for the Bills. I would still take Schobel over any Bills player at DE on the roster. Picture a stud opposite of Schobel on the DL, we'd have a pretty solid setup. I'm a big fan of Kyle Williams and Stroud, Schobel has proven to be dominant at times although lately he been more dormant. Personally, I would invest either top dollar or a 1st round pick to address the DE situation next year.

bigbub2352
12-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Out of curiosity, what is this supposed to say? I was trying to figure it out, but couldn't. I see a question mark, and I think your asking me a question, but I don't know what.

No question was trying to be sarcastic and forgot to hit enter to put happy? on another line

jamze132
12-06-2008, 01:03 AM
yer Crowell would've missed 4-6 weeks, at most, and at the beginning of the season.

Dude, this organization sucks. everyone just needs to live with it. Its either crappy football in Buffalo, or no football in buffalo.

thats the way it is.
Don't you find it funny why no one has heard from Crowell? You think that just because he was going to be out 4-6 weeks is the only reason he got black-balled? Think about it. I thought you were smarter than that.

Mahdi
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
When will you people figure out that special teams don't get you to the playoffs? How many years have our special teams been good and what has it got us?

Defensive ends that can only muster up 5 sacks all year is not going to get it done in any league, on any team.
However when you gave great special teams that can get you amazing field position often and you combine that with a strong offense, it makes scoring A LOT easier. Just ask Brett Favre and the Jets.

If the Bills could actually score TDs then Mckelvin would have an important hand in that. But when our offense routinely gets shut down an amazing kick return that got the offense somewhere between our 40 and their goal-line doesnt seem so special.

feldspar
12-06-2008, 04:16 PM

they don't have foot injuries from kicking too much ass.

Mahdi
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Schobel for the most part in my opinion is a very overatted and over paid DE for the Buffalo Bills
He does little for the community at all
He is very arrogant in his interveiws
He is grossly over paid for most of the time garbage time sacks
He is not a game changer
Teams do not plan around him being on the feild
As well as at Oline

Simple answer. If we can win the next couple of games and it comes down to the Pats at home for the playoffs, then I would rather have Schobel at RDE then Denney. If its only for that one game, its worth keeping him.

feldspar
12-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Do people still realize that Schobel, Denney, and Kelsay were ALL second round picks for the Bills?

theanswer74
12-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I love Schobel hate. I think people hate him because they don't know who he is, stays quiet, and isn't a rah rah guy.

I sit here and cant think of one reason to dislike Schobel. He will be what 31 or 32 next year? I think his best role may be a situational pass rusher on 3rd downs in the future.

Mahdi
12-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I love Schobel hate. I think people hate him because they don't know who he is, stays quiet, and isn't a rah rah guy.

I sit here and cant think of one reason to dislike Schobel. He will be what 31 or 32 next year? I think his best role may be a situational pass rusher on 3rd downs in the future.
I disagree,,, I think Schobel is a first and second down DE because of his ability to play the run. We need a more dominant RDE for 3rd downs.