PDA

View Full Version : Darcy...seriously?

Nighthawk
12-06-2008, 08:18 PM
During periods he was interviewed and said that there is no reason to panic right now and that there were good things happening in the last few games. Really? Really? What the hell is this guy watching? The more the FO talks, the more it is obvious that they are clueless!

Ebenezer
12-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah, being clueless has led them to the Stanley cup finals and two other conference finals...could it be they are saying nothing just like most teams front offices...should he come out and say, "Yeah Max really sucks and we know Kotalik can't play. Timmy is just chronically injured but he's a great guy". Say stuff like that and you'll make some of the fans happy and not be called clueless but you just removed any value those players may have had. Personally, if I were a GM I'd never give a press conference or answer questions about on ice stuff.

Mitchell55
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
What is he supposed to say. We suck and we wont do anything this year?

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2008, 09:12 PM
When I saw that interview, I knew you were going to over-react.

Dr. Lecter
12-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah, being clueless has led them to the Stanley cup finals and two other conference finals...could it be they are saying nothing just like most teams front offices...should he come out and say, "Yeah Max really sucks and we know Kotalik can't play. Timmy is just chronically injured but he's a great guy". Say stuff like that and you'll make some of the fans happy and not be called clueless but you just removed any value those players may have had. Personally, if I were a GM I'd never give a press conference or answer questions about on ice stuff.

:bf1:

Emphasized part of it for you Eb.

clumping platelets
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Give me some Timmy Ho's gift certificates and Max is gone!

Addition by subtraction

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 10:09 AM
When I saw that interview, I knew you were going to over-react.

Yep, you're right...I overreact. Funny thing is, I've been right with most of my interpretations of what's gone on with this team. I don't hear you comment on any of that?

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Give me some Timmy Ho's gift certificates and Max is gone!

Addition by subtraction

Uh oh, don't say that...Lecter thinks you're overreacting!

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 10:17 AM

Umm, did they make the playoffs last year? Did they win the cup when they SHOULD have? That year they needed to add some veteran leadership and they didn't...doesn't seem to smart to me. How about the handling of the Drury/Briere situation? Yeah, not to smart on that one either. Oh, how about waiting on Vanek and then having to overpay for him? Oh yeah, not to smart there either. Also, they haven't changed with the league and are continuing to get beat up and constantly are out hustled by other teams. They've done nothing to address the deficiences of this team, but yeah, they know what they're doing. If they don't address this roster soon, I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. I'm sorry, but the way they've run this team the past few years really doesn't install too much confidence in most fans especially since they refuse to address the problems with the team.

Philagape
12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
The clock is ticking on the FO.

This is the team they assembled.

This is the direction they chose to go in.

No inheritance or lockout to help them this time around. This is their team more than any other previous version.

MikeInRoch
12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Umm, did they make the playoffs last year? Did they win the cup when they SHOULD have? That year they needed to add some veteran leadership and they didn't...doesn't seem to smart to me. How about the handling of the Drury/Briere situation? Yeah, not to smart on that one either. Oh, how about waiting on Vanek and then having to overpay for him? Oh yeah, not to smart there either. Also, they haven't changed with the league and are continuing to get beat up and constantly are out hustled by other teams. They've done nothing to address the deficiences of this team, but yeah, they know what they're doing. If they don't address this roster soon, I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. I'm sorry, but the way they've run this team the past few years really doesn't install too much confidence in most fans especially since they refuse to address the problems with the team.

There is never a year when you *should* win a cup.

clumping platelets
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
This team does not need to be dismantled..........just cast off some deadweight and add a couple of players that can add physicality, leadership, and win a freakin' faceoff when you MUST win a faceoff

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Yep, you're right...I overreact. Funny thing is, I've been right with most of my interpretations of what's gone on with this team. I don't hear you comment on any of that?

No, your over-reaction is that he did not come and say the team sucks.

What do you want him to say?

clumping platelets
12-07-2008, 11:36 AM
:popcorn:

rbochan
12-07-2008, 12:47 PM

I'd like to see him (and Ruff AND the 'leadership' players) start calling out players for not doing their jobs. We've heard every excuse in the book (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2754598#post2754598).

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM

How about "we are disappointed in some guys that we expected to be better!" That would make me happier then, Oh, golly, geewiz...we look good and will be OK. Sorry, I've been hearing this forever...it's not working...do something different!

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
This team does not need to be dismantled..........just cast off some deadweight and add a couple of players that can add physicality, leadership, and win a freakin' faceoff when you MUST win a faceoff

I've been saying this for years!

Ebenezer
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
There is never a year when you *should* win a cup.
I stopped reading right there...

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I stopped reading right there...

So what you're telling me is that the final year with Briere and Drury that you didn't believe it was finally the season? If so, you're the biggest liar. Maybe "should" was not the right word, but they were VERY close and probably the closest thing we will ever see to a team that had a shot at the cup. Them not addressing the deficiences at the deadline killed that team's hopes.

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh yeah the clock is really ticking :rolleyes:

After months of speculation, the Buffalo Sabres have extended the contract of General Manager Darcy Regier by two years, keeping him with the Sabres through the 2010-2011 season.
Team owner Tom Golisano and managing partner Larry Quinn made the announcement Saturday afternoon. Regier has one year remaining on his previous contract, this new deal will kick in following the upcoming season.
The Sabres hired Regier in the summer of 1997. Regier and head coach Lindy Ruff have worked together for the past 11 years.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/sabres/28697564.html

Do you even understand the conversation or do you just post junk?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-07-2008, 02:59 PM
The clock is ticking on the FO.

This is the team they assembled.

This is the direction they chose to go in.

No inheritance or lockout to help them this time around. This is their team more than any other previous version.

yeah the clock is really ticking :rolleyes: but whatever you say :laughing:

After months of speculation, the Buffalo Sabres have extended the contract of General Manager Darcy Regier by two years, keeping him with the Sabres through the 2010-2011 season.

Regier has one year remaining on his previous contract, this new deal will kick in following the upcoming season.

not to mention that Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff is the longest Tenured tandem in any pro sport

SabreEleven
12-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Just because you sign a new contract doesn't mean you can't be fired...ask Melrose.

Philagape
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
yeah the clock is really ticking :rolleyes: but whatever you say :laughing:

Regier has one year remaining on his previous contract, this new deal will kick in following the upcoming season.

not to mention that Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff is the longest Tenured tandem in any pro sport

:whoosh:

MikeInRoch
12-09-2008, 10:13 AM
So what you're telling me is that the final year with Briere and Drury that you didn't believe it was finally the season? If so, you're the biggest liar. Maybe "should" was not the right word, but they were VERY close and probably the closest thing we will ever see to a team that had a shot at the cup. Them not addressing the deficiences at the deadline killed that team's hopes.

What I'm telling you is there is NEVER a year when ANY team in the NHL "should" win the cup. Because there are too many good teams every year and it's too hard to do. Even the strongest team in the league each year has a much, much less than 50/50 chance to win it. So it's not inexcusable if they don't.