PDA

View Full Version : Maybe zoners deserve what they get...

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I can't believe that the answer for some of you is to trade Peters instead of paying him.

For years we posted about how the o-line was a joke and how it had been constantly neglected.

Now we have the biggest o-line in the league, and before Edwards got hurt it was allowing the least sacks per snap in the league. We are one center away from having a line that could dominate for the next 3-5 years.

So now we want to trade Peters because he wants to get paid.

Winfield is still playing at a high level. We didn't want to pay him so we drafted Clements. Clements wasn't even as good and he left for a contract that made Winfields look like a joke now. I can name several other times we have done this.

If you think getting rid of Peters is the answer that you deserve to watch a 7-9 team every year.

yordad
12-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Can we get rid of Dock and give Peters his money then?

Night Train
12-20-2008, 09:38 AM
You're right.

I don't deserve Jason Peters.

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 09:43 AM
I don't like his verbal media approach... but I don't want a 2009 OL without him there all the way through training camp...

Pay the man, give him mucho incentives so the carrot is always dangling in front of him. He seems like the type of player that responds to carrots

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Can we get rid of Dock and give Peters his money then?

I believe the cap hit would keep us from finding a suitable replacement for Dockery....

nope we just need to put our tails between our legs and get this guy a rock solid worthy contract of a top 5 LT....

I still insist there be lots of incentives for him to hit to maximize the contract and keep him payed at a top 5 LT rate though...

Night Train
12-20-2008, 09:46 AM
He seems like the type of player that responds to carrots
Like the 7 carrot$ on his earlobe.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 09:48 AM
You're right.

I don't deserve Jason Peters.

The new coach will fix it. Maybe we can get someone that can coach and play pro-bowl tackle.

ddaryl
12-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Like the 7 carrot$ on his earlobe.

:laugh: so true

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Now we have the biggest o-line in the league, and before Edwards got hurt it was allowing the least sacks per snap in the league. We are one center away from having a line that could dominate for the next 3-5 years.. vs. Seattle the Bills gave up 1 sack witout Peters. I'll take it.

So now we want to trade Peters because he wants to get paid..No, we trade Peters because he's an asset that can help us upgrade 2 positions.

Winfield is still playing at a high level. We didn't want to pay him so we drafted Clements. Clements wasn't even as good and he left for a contract that made Winfields look like a joke now. I can name several other times we have done this.. Really? Name them.

If you think getting rid of Peters is the answer that you deserve to watch a 7-9 team every year.
Jason Peters so far isn't the answer. Notice where the Bills have finsihed the past 2 seasons with him?

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 09:52 AM
The irony is that if Peters was on another team and Chambers was our starting LT the board would be flooded with threads on why we should sign him.

Would a top 5 LT FA ever sign with Buffalo? No. Not unless we overpaid him like we did with Dockery.

So the discount is we pay market for a guy that we can actually land in Buffalo.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 10:03 AM
vs. Seattle the Bills gave up 1 sack witout Peters. I'll take it.

No, we trade Peters because he's an asset that can help us upgrade 2 positions.

Really? Name them.

Jason Peters so far isn't the answer. Notice where the Bills have finsihed the past 2 seasons with him?

You are the same guy that quotes records of teams that Edwards won against but it's irrelevant when it comes to LT? You just quoted how well line are held up against Seattle?

What guys are we getting for Peters? You can't even name them?

Ohh, unproven draft picks. 1st, 2nd, and 5th. Hmmm.

McKelvin, Hardy, and Corner for Peters. That sounds awesome. Leave it in the hands of our FO and Modrak.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 10:05 AM
What guys are we getting for Peters? You can't even name them?

I'd take Chad Johnson and the Bengals 2nd round pick if the Bengals would take the bait.

WR: Chad Johnson
Bills 11 Pick: Tyson Jackson DE LSU
35th pick (From Bengals) Brandon Pettigrew TE
Bills 44th pick: Best LB available

I like it.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I'd take Chad Johnson and the Bengals 2nd round pick if the Bengals would take the bait.

Okay, now it's official that this board has lost their minds.

The lines are the building blocks. You don't trade a builing block for a skill position.

I guess you didn't watch Cincinati play.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 10:13 AM
The lines are the building blocks. You don't trade a builing block for a skill position.

I guess you didn't watch Cincinati play.

Chambers would play well enough to get the job done.

Cincinnati who doesn't have a QB?

I guess you didn't watch the Bills play this year. They need playmakers. Oh that's right, you boycotted the last couple of games.

Mahdi
12-20-2008, 10:15 AM
I can't believe that the answer for some of you is to trade Peters instead of paying him.

For years we posted about how the o-line was a joke and how it had been constantly neglected.

Now we have the biggest o-line in the league, and before Edwards got hurt it was allowing the least sacks per snap in the league. We are one center away from having a line that could dominate for the next 3-5 years.

Winfield is still playing at a high level. We didn't want to pay him so we drafted Clements. Clements wasn't even as good and he left for a contract that made Winfields look like a joke now. I can name several other times we have done this.

Maybe we enjoy the drama so our plan is to trade Peters so we can complain about the line for the next 2-3 years while we find a replacement. O yeah and how easy is it to find a pro-bowl LT??

Mahdi
12-20-2008, 10:16 AM

I like it.
Tyson Jackson is suited to be a DE in a 3-4 not a 4-3 and particularly not a cover 2.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 10:17 AM
O yeah and how easy is it to find a pro-bowl LT??
Alot easier than finding a pro-bowl QB.

Mahdi
12-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Chambers would play well enough to get the job done.

Cincinnati who doesn't have a QB?

I guess you didn't watch the Bills play this year. They need playmakers. Oh that's right, you boycotted the last couple of games.
Yeah Chambers facing off against Porter, Pace, and Adalius Thomas 6 times a year. Good call.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Tyson Jackson is suited to be a DE in a 3-4 not a 4-3 and particularly not a cover 2.
The Bills pass rush has been one their bigger weaknesses this season. Ryan Denny is the team's leading pass rusher with four sacks. Buffalo could really stand to add an elite defensive end in this year's draft. Their defense is just one or two pieces away from being among the elite in the league; adding a stud defensive end is one of those pieces. Tyson Jackson is one of the safer picks in this year's draft. He plays well against the run and provides a consistent pass rush.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah Chambers facing off against Porter, Pace, and Adalius Thomas 6 times a year. Good call.

Get a QB that gets rid of the ball quick and it won't really matter who he's lined up against.

Mahdi
12-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Get a QB that gets rid of the ball quick and it won't really matter who he's lined up against.
Thats just non-sense. You cant throw quick all the time. Every offense gets into 3rd down situations, 3rd and long etc. You need a LT that can protect against the top pass rushers. Peters is that player, Chambers is not. I cant believe were actually having this argument.

And I am fully on board with adding a DE and agree that we need a pass rusher but that player is not Tyson Jackson. Jackson is close to 295. He is a prototypical 3-4 end. He simply wont have the quickness to be an edge rusher.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Why is it lately that I start a thread, people repeat almost the exact same topic but we don't merge them.

5 hours ago is calling, it wants it's discussion back.

X-Era
12-20-2008, 01:09 PM

Many posters here DO deserve these results.

People who say we shouldnt pay for proven stud talent
People who want us to perpetually trade down
People who want some newbie HC
People who argue we dont have the money
People who would rather get second tier players
People who want late round gems or UFA rookies as our backups
People who are convinced its all because were small market
People who defend Ralph

Just quit trying to find all these diamonds in the rough... newbie coaches, newbie GM's, late round rookies, second tier FA's... weve only proven it doesnt work and we suck at it. GIVE IT UP!

The plan where we build a SB team by filling everything with diamonds in the rough has turned out to give this team glittering piles of poop

some of you want to bring in :poop:

and then you are surprised when we play like :poop:

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

X-Era
12-20-2008, 01:13 PM

You know what happened to Tom Brady when he had to hurry up and throw?

THE GIANTS!

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 03:52 PM
You know what happened to Tom Brady when he had to hurry up and throw?

THE GIANTS!

And what happened the other 18 games?

X-Era
12-20-2008, 03:59 PM
And what happened the other 18 games?

He had 5 or more seconds to throw

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 04:33 PM
And I am fully on board with adding a DE and agree that we need a pass rusher but that player is not Tyson Jackson. Jackson is close to 295. He is a prototypical 3-4 end. He simply wont have the quickness to be an edge rusher.

Dwight Freeney weighs in at 268. The style of defense doesn't matter with DE. No matter what style a defense plays the ends main job is to get to the QB.

patmoran2006
12-20-2008, 04:36 PM
They can take the money they dont have to pay to resign Greer (McKelvin)-- and pay it to Peters.

Problem solved.

That is, or SHOULD be why they drafted Leodis to begin with.. Then again, Im assuming this FO actually thinks ahead.

kgun12
12-20-2008, 05:07 PM
So if we pay him more this off season, how long before he *****es he needs more money. If I'm not mistaken didn't he just redo his contract 2 off seasons ago? How many times do we do this with this guy? He signed it!

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 07:00 PM
So if we pay him more this off season, how long before he *****es he needs more money. If I'm not mistaken didn't he just redo his contract 2 off seasons ago? How many times do we do this with this guy? He signed it!

Imagine if we won a SB, he'd want ownership.

Patti120
12-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I definitely think re-signing Peters is important. Chambers is a backup and that is it. I definitely enjoy seeing the different perspectives that people have but I think that keeping Peters should be a priority.

X-Era
12-20-2008, 07:15 PM
They can take the money they dont have to pay to resign Greer (McKelvin)-- and pay it to Peters.

Problem solved.

That is, or SHOULD be why they drafted Leodis to begin with.. Then again, Im assuming this FO actually thinks ahead.

I thanked your post because its logical.

Truth is, the Bills are likely to see starting McLovin and NOT paying Peters what hes worth as a cost savings.

Anything that reduces costs makes the Bills FO :drool:

TacklingDummy
12-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Anything that reduces costs makes the Bills FO :drool:

Maybe you should go look and see what Ralph does spend a year before you go opening your mouth. You might be surprised.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2008, 08:34 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again.. Jason Peters is the best football player on our team.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Maybe you should go look and see what Ralph does spend a year before you go opening your mouth. You might be surprised.

Flip flop.

tat2dmike77
12-20-2008, 09:25 PM

I like it.

I like that pick......But with our FO it won't happen they will draft yet anther DB. We are becoming the lions when it comes to drafting DB's

Historian
12-21-2008, 04:46 AM
I don't believe in giving FU money to a player that had one good season, then held out.

If he had't held out, he would probably have had his new contract already.

Trade him to the Chiefs for an order of barbcue for all I care.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Dwight Freeney weighs in at 268. The style of defense doesn't matter with DE. No matter what style a defense plays the ends main job is to get to the QB.
Exactly... Freeney weighs 268 not 295. Thats a 30 pound difference and Freeney is a speed rusher that fits perfectly in a cover 2. Tyson Jackson is not. I can GUARANTEE you that no matter where we pick or who is on the board as long as we run this defense Tyson Jackson will not be the pick, and rightly so. There are other DEs that fit our scheme in this draft... Orakpo, Johnson, Selvie, Hardy.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 08:32 AM

If hes paid top 5 LT money in this league, he has no right to complain and he wont. Hes not even the highest paid OL on OUR team.

So, no if he gets paid the way he should, he wont be complaining one bit.

Its yet another chance for the Bills to show the keep their own and when they make a player great, they pay him accordingly.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 08:35 AM

Maybe you should take a look at the numbers as well... back at ya.

Did you know they grow in worth by 59 mill every year? Search my threads under revenue, youll find the numbers.

And now we dont even rank top half in players salary spent each year.

The cap is going up ~6 % annually, and that virtually mirrors how much our worth goes up each year. But the amount we increase OUR cap is going down. Wheres the extra money going?

Must be the Front Office and coaching... ohh wait.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't believe in giving FU money to a player that had one good season, then held out.

If he had't held out, he would probably have had his new contract already.

Trade him to the Chiefs for an order of barbcue for all I care.

Now he has two good seasons... assuming I buy the statement that his pre-pro-bowl season wasnt much to talk about, I dont beleive that at all.

Losing talent at this point heads us in the wrong direction.

Tell ya what, you tell me what pro-bowler were going to get to replace the talent loss from Peters. If you dont, were getting worse and this type of approach leads to more of the same.

TacklingDummy
12-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Maybe you should take a look at the numbers as well... back at ya.

Did you know they grow in worth by 59 mill every year? Search my threads under revenue, youll find the numbers.

And now we dont even rank top half in players salary spent each year.

The cap is going up ~6 % annually, and that virtually mirrors how much our worth goes up each year. But the amount we increase OUR cap is going down. Wheres the extra money going?

Must be the Front Office and coaching... ohh wait.

Like I said, look at the Bills payroll over the past 10 years. If I remember correctly Ralph spent more than Jerry Jones in 6 of those years.

Spending money is not Ralph problem. The problem is who he spends the money on.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Like I said, look at the Bills payroll over the past 10 years. If I remember correctly Ralph spent more than Jerry Jones in 6 of those years.

Spending money is not Ralph problem. The problem is who he spends the money on.

Lets assume that true...

Who should we spend our money on? Id like to hear what players you would bring in that are true and significant upgrades.

kgun12
12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
If hes paid top 5 LT money in this league, he has no right to complain and he wont. Hes not even the highest paid OL on OUR team.

So, no if he gets paid the way he should, he wont be complaining one bit.

Its yet another chance for the Bills to show the keep their own and when they make a player great, they pay him accordingly.

But he just redid his contract and was very happy. It isn't my fault or the Bills if he and his agent weren't smart enough to ask for more money! I could see if he was in the last year of his first contract, but he is in the first year of his second contract. Stupid is as stupid does! In this case.

Historian
12-21-2008, 11:29 AM
And quit throwing this term "pro bowl season" around.

It's a stupid popularity contest to begin with.

Peters had a decent season, no more no less.

As many good plays he made, are as many whifs he had.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 11:33 AM
But he just redid his contract and was very happy. It isn't my fault or the Bills if he and his agent weren't smart enough to ask for more money! I could see if he was in the last year of his first contract, but he is in the first year of his second contract. Stupid is as stupid does! In this case.
Who cares if he re-did his contract 2 years ago. That was before he became a pro-bowl LT. He is asking to be paid what he is worth. Its not crazy. Its what every player in the NFL does.

And if the Bills dont want to pay him, fine, he will play this contract out and go to a team that is willing to pay him and there will be plenty. When is the last time a premier LT hit the market??? It doesnt happen. If Buffalo allows that then we are the dumbest franchise in sports.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Peters has a decent season, no more no less.

If that was true he would have allowed about 300 sacks this year. That comment doesnt even make any sense.

Historian
12-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Who cares if he re-did his contract 2 years ago. That was before he became a pro-bowl LT. He is asking to be paid what he is worth. Its not crazy. Its what every player in the NFL does.

And if the Bills dont want to pay him, fine, he will play this contract out and go to a team that is willing to pay him and there will be plenty. When is the last time a premier LT hit the market??? It doesnt happen. If Buffalo allows that then we are the dumbest franchise in sports.

New England's philosophy has been: See ya!

And the results show on the field.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 11:37 AM

Peters has a decent season, no more no less.

Sorry man, pro-bowls is a method that can be used to judge how good a player is.

We can bash every one of our players or blow them like its going out of style. But when other teams fans, coaches, and players acknowledge one of ours as a pro-bowl worthy player, it DOES mean something.

Peters is one of the best LT's in the league.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 11:38 AM

Any day that we go out and get a HC as good as Belicheck, and a QB as good as Brady, then, on that day we can compare ourselves with them.

Until then, we stink, and we need all the help we can get.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Really? Is that New England's philosophy?

Well lets see....

Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal, Kaczur, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren,,,,, hmmmm all still there and all signed through 2011.

Sorry you're wrong. New England does not allow their linemen to hit the market.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry man, pro-bowls is a method that can be used to judge how good a player is.

We can bash every one of our players or blow them like its going out of style. But when other teams fans, coaches, and players acknowledge one of ours as a pro-bowl worthy player, it DOES mean something.

Peters is one of the best LT's in the league.
Exactly. The pro-bowl is 2 thirds decided by players and coaches. I take their assessment over ours or other fans. They are the ones that compete against each other, they should know.

Historian
12-21-2008, 11:42 AM
"I don't want players that will make the Pro Bowl...I want players that will make the Super Bowl." -Marv Levy, 1987.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 11:45 AM
"I don't want players that will make the Pro Bowl...I want players that will make the Super Bowl." -Marv Levy, 1987.
Great. Then maybe we should add more players that play at Peters level. Then we can get to the super bowl. If Schobel, Denney and Kelsay dominated the player across the line from them as often as Peters did maybe we would get somewhere.

Historian
12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Send him to the Niners like they did with that other fat slob Jennings, for a bag of pucks and a kicking tee.

Mahdi
12-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Send him to the Niners like they did with that other fat slob Jennings, for a bag of pucks and a kicking tee.
Jennings was an above average LT that struggled with speed rushers and injuries... not even a comparison to Peters.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 06:31 PM

"I dont want players that just make the pro-bowl... I want players that WIN the Super Bowl" -EdwardsEra, 2008

TacklingDummy
12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Lets assume that true...

Who should we spend our money on? Id like to hear what players you would bring in that are true and significant upgrades.

It is true.

That question should be for you. Im not the one saying he's cheap. You are the one who says Ralph doesn't spend money. So who should have Ralph spent some money on to bring in here?

X-Era
12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
It is true.

That question should be for you. Im not the one saying he's cheap. You are the one who says Ralph doesn't spend money. So who should have Ralph spent some money on to bring in here?

No, your the one who wants Peters traded to start Chambers and your not offering any real upgrades in return.

Thats more of the same and ends in more mediocrity

YOu want to trade Peters, get a 1st round pick and whatever else, and then IN ADDITION, you have to replace his talent level either at LT or somewhere else.

TacklingDummy
12-21-2008, 07:14 PM
No, your the one who wants Peters traded to start Chambers and your not offering any real upgrades in return.

Thats more of the same and ends in more mediocrity

YOu want to trade Peters, get a 1st round pick and whatever else, and then IN ADDITION, you have to replace his talent level either at LT or somewhere else.

You are the one saying Ralph is cheap, not me. So who is it Ralph should have brought in to make the Bills better?

As far as Peters, Walker and Chambers have showed they can be just as effective as Peters. In fact, when Peters doesn't play or is playing bad the Bills are 6-1.

If they traded him for picks and we got a starting DE and LB out of it most fans would be happy.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
You are the one saying Ralph is cheap, not me. So who is it Ralph should have brought in to make the Bills better?

As far as Peters, Walker and Chambers have showed they can be just as effective as Peters. In fact, when Peters doesn't play or is playing bad the Bills are 6-1.

If they traded him for picks and we got a starting DE and LB out of it most fans would be happy.

Playing word games?

No one would be happy to trade Peters and get the next Kelsay and Ellison... well you might.

There is a significant difference between signing Terrel Suggs, or Julius Peppers and Ellison or Kelsay. Yet all start.

Names like Drew Brees come to mind when thinking of players we could have had. Trades for players like Jason Taylor, John Abraham, or Roy Williams.

THAT is the level and caliper of player that Ralph should be bringing in... or he should simply shut the **** up about not having enough talent.

You want average players on this team? fine, then get a proven SB winning HC... But you know full good and well that we wont. We will get a newbie or retread who has never been a HC in the SB.

jpdex12
12-21-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not spending time to read the ping pong thread going on here because no matter what no one will change my mind...

That ass Peters wasn't playing today and won't play the next game either because he doesn't want to get hurt and ruin his chance at getting RICHER! When his team needs him he bails out for himself. He did it at the beginning of the year, sucked in mediocrity all season, got lucky and made the probowl and now he's sitting himself once again for himself. F 'em! Trade his ass and get a first round pick for an undrafted free agent! We don't need dicks like this! Yes we need talent but f him! Someone like this won't be there when you need him most.

X-Era
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm not spending time to read the ping pong thread going on here because no matter what no one will change my mind...

That ass Peters wasn't playing today and won't play the next game either because he doesn't want to get hurt and ruin his chance at getting RICHER! When his team needs him he bails out for himself. He did it at the beginning of the year, sucked in mediocrity all season, got lucky and made the probowl and now he's sitting himself once again for himself. F 'em! Trade his ass and get a first round pick for an undrafted free agent! We don't need dicks like this! Yes we need talent but f him! Someone like this won't be there when you need him most.

Keep losing players like Peters and you wont need to worry about needing anyone when you need someone the most... we will suck permanently.

I didnt like the way he handled the offseason, but he deserves top 10 LT pay, and the Bills are just too cheap to pay him.

Trade him? fine, but then get picks AND turn around and sign another pro-bowler... if you dont we are worse overall.

TacklingDummy
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Names like Drew Brees come to mind when thinking of players we could have had. Trades for players like Jason Taylor, John Abraham, or Roy Williams.

THAT is the level and caliper of player that Ralph should be bringing in... or he should simply shut the **** up about not having enough talent.

At the time Drew Brees was a FA you were all ober JP Losman knob before you flip-flopped against him. Now you are saying the Bills should have signed Brees., yeah ok.

All you have is one example of players you would have signed after doing all this *****ing?

How's Jason Taylor and Roy Williams working out for their new teams?

jpdex12
12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
At the time Drew Brees was a FA you were all ober JP Losman knob before you flip-flopped against him. Now you are saying the Bills should have signed Brees., yeah ok.

All you have is one example of players you would have signed after doing all this *****ing?

:movie:

Michael82
12-22-2008, 02:40 AM
The problem with Peters is not that he is no good. It's that he's a selfish piece of **** and puts himself over the team. I'm saying right now that the injury is bs. I don't believe him. I think he is taking himself out of the game. I also hate that he gives up on plays and he plays when he feels like it. :ill:

Michael82
12-22-2008, 02:54 AM
I will also say that if he does want to go. See ya! i'm fine with Walker at LT. Make Chambers the RT. Get a package of draft picks with a vet player for Peters and get rid of that big headache. :up:

X-Era
12-22-2008, 06:57 AM

You did a great job of turning this all around.

True, I was convinced JP deserved to start at that point so that we could get a full eval. Thats not servicing his knob. Drew Brees was a proven playoff caliper QB and I would have been plenty happy if we had brought him in because its an upgrade.

Every year I say the same thing, we need a few stars, we need upgrades. Instead we get second tier vets, sign other teams PS'ers and count on late round gems to be our backups. Every year we end up playing those guys and it hurts our chances.

And now, we finally have that franchise LT that scores have *****ed about, every year, and you want to trade him away for picks.

This statement stands until you give examples that its untrue... Your thinking is the same as the Bills and will make us permanently mediocre.

Put your comments where your mouth is, who do you want to bring into this team thats a truly significant upgrade? Prove me wrong.

X-Era
12-22-2008, 07:00 AM
The problem with Peters is not that he is no good. It's that he's a selfish piece of **** and puts himself over the team. I'm saying right now that the injury is bs. I don't believe him. I think he is taking himself out of the game. I also hate that he gives up on plays and he plays when he feels like it. :ill:
No problem with that comment Mikey... none.

My point is that if you trade him for picks you then have to draft and/or sign players that are worth his worth.

No team will trade us a high 1st for him, and the Bills wont sign a pro-bowl level player.

So then we effectively further reduced our talent level. Thats a bad thing.

This team needs high talent level players, ESPECIALLY on the OL. We have one, and he simply wants to be paid like a pro-bowler. Hell, Id bet he would take pay that just makes him our highest paid OL.

Doesnt Peters deserve to be our highest paid OL? Can anyone say Peters doesnt deserve to be our highest paid OL?

BTW, maybe its the Bills that kept Peters out, maybe they intend to trade him.

X-Era
12-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Look, trading Peters could be done where the Bills end up better off. It could happen.

The problem is I have yet to hear a version from anyone that makes us truly better.

A trade for a pro-bowler at some other position and a pick? OK. Lets hear that.

Instead I hear crap about a 1st and other picks.

Chamber then starts... were comfortable with Chambers against Seymour? Are you NUTS!!!

Michael82
12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Look, trading Peters could be done where the Bills end up better off. It could happen.

The problem is I have yet to hear a version from anyone that makes us truly better.

A trade for a pro-bowler at some other position and a pick? OK. Lets hear that.

Instead I hear crap about a 1st and other picks.

Chamber then starts... were comfortable with Chambers against Seymour? Are you NUTS!!!
Walker would start at LT, and he did a good job there in pre-season and week 1. Chambers would start at RT, where he will probably do good. I'm fine with that. I also think that we would get a high 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder for Peters or maybe a player and a 1st.

X-Era
12-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Walker would start at LT, and he did a good job there in pre-season and week 1. Chambers would start at RT, where he will probably do good. I'm fine with that. I also think that we would get a high 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder for Peters or maybe a player and a 1st.

If we could get a high 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder I would be very happy for that trade. Personally, I would parlay that 3rd into a 2nd rounder to add another rookie in that round where several good players are likely to be there.

For example:

Trade Peters for a top 10 pick and a 3rd

Then draft Aaron Curry AND Greg Hardy or Michael Johnson

Then move up into the early second and get Alex Mack? Thats a fantastic draft!

However, we still need to replace what Peters added to our overall talent level... we cant bank on rookies.

And then we still have to add yet another high level player to be better overall for next year.

Michael82
12-22-2008, 08:38 AM
If we could get a high 1st rounder, and a 3rd rounder I would be very happy for that trade. Personally, I would parlay that 3rd into a 2nd rounder to add another rookie in that round where several good players are likely to be there.

For example:

Trade Peters for a top 10 pick and a 3rd

Then draft Aaron Curry AND Greg Hardy or Michael Johnson

Then move up into the early second and get Alex Mack? Thats a fantastic draft!

However, we still need to replace what Peters added to our overall talent level... we cant bank on rookies.

And then we still have to add yet another high level player to be better overall for next year.
Walker has been very good this year. He also played well at LT in the pre-season and the start of the year. I'm fine with him replacing peters and moving Chambers to RT. Don't forget about that rookie OT that we drafted too, he showed lots of promise and might be a good RT.