PDA

View Full Version : Trade Offer....take it or leave it...

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Anthony Spencer
Martellus Bennett
and a 4th or 5th Rd pick

for Peters....

Right now, take it or leave it?

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
LEAVE IT.

STFU with these stupid threads, trading Peters is a moronic idea.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:19 AM
leave it... not enough in the proven department

Lexwhat
12-23-2008, 10:20 AM
:no:

mysticsoto
12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Leave it!

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 10:24 AM
You pay Peters than anyone/everyone whom thinks they don't have a fair contract will be crying poverty going forward....

If Bruce's contracts were never addressed, then Peters should not be.....Period......You address Peters, then Edwards is next, because he makes less than most starters in the league far worse than him....(Russell etc).....

You can't pay him....Just can't

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:27 AM
You pay Peters than anyone/everyone whom thinks they don't have a fair contract will be crying poverty going forward....

If Bruce's contracts were never addressed, then Peters should not be.....Period......You address Peters, then Edwards is next, because he makes less than most starters in the league far worse than him....(Russell etc).....

You can't pay him....Just can't

are we talking Bruce Smith ???? his contract was always addressed every other frickin year.

Pro bowl LT's get paid big time... but is he worth a top 5 LT contract, do Chambers and Bell fill in well, and does Peters mouth ever shut up are the questions.

If Edwards puts up probowl numbers you can bet he'll get his just payday.. .Plus Edwards is not a pay me noise maker IMO... when his turn comes he'll get rewarded.. but he hasn't put up the numbers yet, he is just showing he can continue to develope into a big time QB

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Look if you can improve your team in a number of area's using Peters in a trade, then I think you have to do it....

Can't just keep relying on draft picks....Free Agents don't want to come to Buffalo....at least good ones.....

tat2dmike77
12-23-2008, 10:29 AM
These trade peters threads are getting old fast.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Look if you can improve your team in a number of area's using Peters in a trade, then I think you have to do it....

Do what, get your qb killed? And then what, blame the qb for the teams offensive problems again?

You guys are hilarious. This is the AFCE. Stop trading our PROVEN players away.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:32 AM

Can't just keep relying on draft picks....Free Agents don't want to come to Buffalo....at least good ones.....

but you want to trade him for 2 players who have barely proven much and still have question marks about the type of pros they will be... Peters is worth more then these 2 guys.

and FA do come to Buffalo, just not every single one of them

Devin
12-23-2008, 10:32 AM
A 3-4 LB who thus far has done nothing to warrant his first rounder status. Yes he played DE in college but thats to much of a what if for me.

A TE with potential but backing up the best TE in football not named Gonzales.

And a few scrub picks.

For a pro-bowl LT.

Pass.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Do what, get your qb killed? And then what, blame the qb for the teams offensive problems again?

You guys are hilarious. This is the AFCE. Stoip trading our PROVEN players away.

but Peters is fast becoming a douche bag, verbal cancer.... I want him to stay, but I have a real hard time with players like him... I despise them.

What does Peters want ? Will his agent try to make him the highest paid LT in the league? How much proven talent could we get fom him ? The Bills haven't looked much different when he is not playing either...

I am definitely interested in seeing Chamber play agianst NE since this is a must win for NE..

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 10:35 AM
He won't get killed.....not like he's standing up that much right now anyways

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Fine not the trade I suggested but something like that....not just a 1st rd pick because you can't just keep adding untested youth....
we need a solid couple of players in return....

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Anthony Spencer
Martellus Bennett
and a 4th or 5th Rd pick

for Peters....

:rofl:

Who dat?

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 10:39 AM
but Peters is fast becoming a douche bag, verbal cancer.... I want him to stay, but I have a real hard time with players like him... I despise them.

What does Peters want ? Will his agent try to make him the highest paid LT in the league? How much proven talent could we get fom him ? The Bills haven't looked much different when he is not playing either...

I am definitely interested in seeing Chamber play agianst NE since this is a must win for NE..

I understand Peters side.The bills extended his contract as a RT. He got moved to LT and made probowl twice. He isn't even paid as an average LT. Pay him the money or someone else will . I'm tired of being mediocre and the last thing we need to do is trade our above average players and trade them for unproven ones.

When Peters held out, I said for him to go screw himself. He should come in and play this season and if he makes probowl again, pay the man. He's made it and should get paid instead of guys like Schobel and Kelsay.

Walker and Dockery are paid way more than Peters.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:40 AM
He won't get killed.....not like he's standing up that much right now anyways

thats a fool comment

Trent has been sacked 21 times in 13 games

in 2006 JP was sacked 47 times in 16 games. Before our OL upgrades of Dockery and Walker and moving Peters to LT

Trent's on his feet quite a bit, and heluva alot better then QB in Buffalo have been over the last 10 years

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 10:43 AM
thats a fool comment

Trent has been sacked 21 times in 13 games

in 2006 JP was sacked 47 times in 16 games. Before our OL upgrades of Dockery and Walker and moving Peters to LT

Trent's on his feet quite a bit, and heluva alot better then QB in Buffalo have been over the last 10 years
Trent is also getting sacked less because he looks to unload the ball fast too.

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 10:43 AM
I understand Peters side.The bills extended his contract as a RT. He got moved to LT and made probowl twice. He isn't even paid as an average LT. Pay him the money or someone else will . I'm tired of being mediocre and the last thing we need to do is trade our above average players and trade them for unproven ones.

When Peters held out, I said for him to go screw himself. He should come in and play this season and if he makes probowl again, pay the man. He's made it and should get paid instead of guys like Schobel and Kelsay.

Walker and Dockery are paid way more than Peters.

Problem with ProBowl is that its a popularity contest....Plus it behooves other players to vote Peters in, it improves there stance in wage increases....

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I understand both sides.The bills extended his contract as a RT. He got moved to LT and made probowl twice. He isn't even paid as an average LT. Pay him the money or someone else will . I'm tired of being mediocre and the last thing we need to do is trade our above average players and trade them for unproven ones.

right back at ya.. I agree

but his agent is a complete douche, and I honestly think Peters wants to break the bank. his probowl comments we're very disconcerning. If Peters wants a raise and takes the average wage of the top 10 LT's then I think that is fair... but I really expect this thing to get real ugly. I expect to hear how Peters should be the highest paid LT in the league, form his agent or even Peters before too long...

we'll know more soon I'm sure... if we do trade him because he is unreasonable, we need a proven player not just draft picks.

If Chambers holds his own really well against NE it's going to make a statement on Peters value to us.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 10:45 AM
right back at ya.. I agree

but his agent is a complete douche, and I honestly think Peters wants to break the bank. his probowl comments we're very disconcerning. If Peters wants a raise and takes the average wage of the top 10 LT's then I think that is fair... but I really expect this thing to get real ugly. I expect to hear how Peters should be the highest LTR in the league before too long...

we'll know more soon I'm sure... if we do trade him because he is unreasonable, we need a proven player not just draft picks.

If Chambers holds his own really well against NE it's going to make a statement on Peters value to us.
he did what the FO asked him to do. Now it's their turn to do what they said they would do.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Trent is also getting sacked less because he looks to unload the ball fast too.

of course... should have added that into my reply

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Why can't Peters go about his business like Evans did?

THATHURMANATOR
12-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Why trade Peters?

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 10:49 AM
he did what the FO asked him to do. Now it's their turn to do what they said they would do.

agreed but at what point does Peters cross a line... he held the team hostage last year.. 1 year after a pay raise intiated by the team and only 1 year at the LT position

he was told they would address the contract after this season when he finally showed up and began sqwakin 2 weeks ago. His agent is a known money grubbin *****, and Peters is showing NO loyalty to the team that transformed him frm an undrafted TE to an OL to a probwol LT...

it wil come down to what he demands... if his demands are out of whack then what is the team to do? over pay him ? He is worth 2x's what he is gettng paid which puts him at about 6 - 7 million a year...

zone
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
No, the front office asked that he show up from day one.

I am not advocating trading him, but don't make it out to be that he has done everything that was asked of him and he is being snubbed.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 10:54 AM
No, the front office asked that he show up from day one.

I am not advocating trading him, but don't make it out to be that he has done everything that was asked of him and he is being snubbed.
that was prior to him sitting out. But he did come back when they said they'd work on his contract.

He's done everything as an LT. Yes, he's screwed up here and there but who hasn't on this team? He's still the best OL player we have.

As far as being snubbed. We shall see if the FO does anything. Once again, he's not even being paid AVERAGE lt money. If the bills don't do anything, he's being snubbed.

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Give Peters a fair offer. If his demands are way off as I expect them to be, tag and trade him.

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Give Peters a fair offer. If his demands are way off as I expect them to be, tag and trade him.

Fair offer is making him a top 3 paid LT in the league, if not the top paid one.

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Fair offer is making him a top 3 paid LT in the league, if not the top paid one.
Because he has been playing like a top LT? Do his stats show that?

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 11:06 AM

The last 8 weeks or so? Yes

Show me stats that disprove that statement.

mysticsoto
12-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Last year he played really well. You are letting your anger at what he did this year cloud your judgement on his skill level...the 2nd half of this year he performed alot better.

Devin
Peters was asked to come back and give it another season after his injury.

After a slow start he turned in another pro bowl year. Pay the man, and pay him what he deserves.

PECKERWOOD
Pay the man his money, what do you expect? Pay him an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. Peters is one of the best LT's in the NFL, it's proven. Now pay him like one. This sends out a bad message to anybody else on the team. They see that Jason Peters is one of the best players on the team and they think, crap! If this guy can't get paid, how the hell am I going to ask the boss for a pay raise?? I enjoyed watching Peters play since he came to Buffalo as UDFA. I remember him being a MONSTER on special teams and then I remember us using him as a TE at times on the goal line when Bledsoe was still here. Then I remember us putting him at RT and him performing extremely well and dominating. Then I remember him being moved over to LT and going to the pro bowl, TWICE. What ELSE does this guy have to do?? If I were Jason Peters, I would be PISSED. People need to understand, this is why Ralph Wilson has the reputation of being CHEAP. Peters is probably my favorite player to watch on the team. I've always enjoyed watching the battle go on in the trenches and I've seen Peters lay out some gooooood players, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork just to name a few. Peters has just so much power, it really is amazing to watch.

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Last year he played really well. You are letting your anger at what he did this year cloud your judgement on his skill level...the 2nd half of this year he performed alot better.
I'm not saying he's NOT a good LT, but playing well half a season at a time does not deserve top 3 LT money.

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Why do people keep saying "Tag Him"? Are we playing keep away or something?

He has 2 yrs remaining on his current deal. The FO does not have to a dam thing.....he signed it.....honor it.....plain and simple......

Doing what he has done IMO is plain bad. Yah threating me to do something is really going to change my mind and on top of it pay you Top Dollar....

GET HIM OUT OF HERE.......people like this do not belong on OUR team plain and simple....Pro Bowl or not.......TEAM FIRST.....this is why we are where we are after the FO mess.......no one gives to flying *****s about this team...
all they care about is themselves.....not even each other

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 11:23 AM

no reason to tag him.. he is under contract...

however top 3 LT straight up... I say no

give him the sign bonus of top 5 LT, the salary of top 10 LT and lots of incenties that could make him the top paid LT.

The number 1 incentive should be making the playoffs and he starts 90% of the games in that season.... he gets a bigger incentive and paid like top LT when we make it to the SB and he starts 90% of the games in that season... only give him a teaser bonus for making the probowl IMO

Mr. Miyagi
12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I forgot he's under contract. You're right no need to tag him. My bad.

Make him play the next year on his contract. If he holds out again F him. If he takes us to the playoffs then extend him to a nice contract after next season.

JPFBillsFan
12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
no reason to tag him.. he is under contract...

however top 3 LT straight up... I say no

give him the sign bonus of top 5 LT, the salary of top 10 LT and lots of incenties that could make him the top paid LT.

The number 1 incentive should be making the playoffs and he starts 90% of the games in that season.... he gets a bigger incentive and paid like top LT when we make it to the SB and he starts 90% of the games in that season... only give him a teaser bonus for making the probowl IMO

AMEN

OpIv37
12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Why do people keep saying "Tag Him"? Are we playing keep away or something?

He has 2 yrs remaining on his current deal. The FO does not have to a dam thing.....he signed it.....honor it.....plain and simple......

Doing what he has done IMO is plain bad. Yah threating me to do something is really going to change my mind and on top of it pay you Top Dollar....

GET HIM OUT OF HERE.......people like this do not belong on OUR team plain and simple....Pro Bowl or not.......TEAM FIRST.....this is why we are where we are after the FO mess.......no one gives to flying *****s about this team...
all they care about is themselves.....not even each other

Ok, enough already. News flash: no one in the NFL gives a flying **** about their team. This isn't the days where one guy spent his whole career with one team. These are the days where a player follows the biggest paycheck to make the most possible money before his knees give out. We as fans have a hard time understanding that because we're extremely loyal to our team, but at the same time we'd quit our jobs in 2 seconds flat if someone offered us two or three times as much to do the same job somewhere else. And we'd also be *****ing up a storm if we were paid a lot less than people who weren't nearly as good as we are.

We've had a bunch of "high character" guys on the team for years and it's gotten us nowhere. If a guy plays at a Pro Bowl level at what's probably the second or third hardest position in the NFL, and all he does that's not "high character" is whine about money, I'll take him. The Bills can't continue to be the farm system for the rest of the NFL and still expect to win.

Trading Peters shouldn't even be considered unless someone wants to emulate the Herschel Walker trade and give us half their roster and half their draft.

Kenny
12-23-2008, 12:24 PM

If they are one of the more dominant players at their positions then they dserve to get paid.
If you suck and want to get a new contract they you can cry all you want.

The whole Bruce example was ridiculous... the guy was the best at his position.

Kenny
12-23-2008, 12:26 PM
These trade peters threads are getting old fast.

tell me about it... I dont get why people think that draft picks automatically translate into probowl players?

OpIv37
12-23-2008, 12:50 PM
tell me about it... I dont get why people think that draft picks automatically translate into probowl players?

Oh but they do... there's Hardy, Poz, McCargo, Whitner......d'oh.

Come to think of it, who was the last player the Bills have drafted that actually made the Pro Bowl? McGee?

Kenny
12-23-2008, 12:56 PM

Come to think of it, who was the last player the Bills have drafted that actually made the Pro Bowl? McGee?

BUT Im sure if we trade Peters for some WR and a first rounder, he'll be a pro bowl player!!!

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM

****ty teams with ****ty coaches don't get many probowl nods though...

our drafts in the last 3 years have been better then the TD drafts so we're progressing I guess... but I have hopes that with wins and playoff appearance players like Lynch and Edwards will get the call.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 01:00 PM

people are talking player and picks.. withthe player being some one of consequence
most would rather see Peters resigned but he is a fast becoming a douche, it will come down to his demands IMO, and if he'll accept incentives

Kenny
12-23-2008, 01:02 PM
people are talking player and picks.. withthe player being some one of consequence
most would rather see Peters resigned but he is a fast becoming a douche, it will come down to his demands IMO, and if he'll accept incentives

From what I've been reading, -that player is Chad Johnson. So we trade away Peters (who according to you is fast becoming a douche), for another piece of crap?

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
That would be a horrible trade for Buffalo. Spencer is a 3-4 LB who can't stay healthy, Bennett on the other hand would be a great asset to the Bills but this trade would make no sense considering that Flozell Adams just signed an extension in the past off-season.

paladin warrior
12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Leave it ......but take it for trade offer for JP

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Leave it ......but take it for trade offer for JP
:bow:

thenry20
12-23-2008, 01:56 PM
LEAVE IT.

STFU with these stupid threads, trading Peters is a moronic idea.

I'm with you but I also don't think his contract should be renegotiated this year. I couldn't care less what some morons around the league think he did to earn the PB spot. He was horrible, plain and simple. Peters didn't play this bad last year at all!!!

Jason can hold out again next year if he wants but the money he feels due won't be coming until he stops sucking.

Slightly on topic: I think we need to replace the entire right side of the line ASAP.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm with you but I also don't think his contract should be renegotiated this year. I couldn't care less what some morons around the league think he did to earn the PB spot. He was horrible, plain and simple. Peters didn't play this bad last year at all!!!

Jason can hold out again next year if he wants but the money he feels due won't be coming until he stops sucking.

Slightly on topic: I think we need to replace the entire right side of the line ASAP.
You could definitely do better than Butler but I think that Walker is doing fine this year. He's not doing anything special, but he's consistent if nothing else.

DraftBoy
12-23-2008, 02:00 PM

They would be if I was doing the picking! :up:

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Blame the media and their unwarranted hype for pretty average players.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 02:10 PM
From what I've been reading, -that player is Chad Johnson. So we trade away Peters (who according to you is fast becoming a douche), for another piece of crap?

well I am not thrilled with Chad's mouth, and above I did mention that we be losing one douche and gaining another...

but Chad is a player of cosequence

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Why the hell would you get rid of one of the best OT's in the league who just wants a paycheck for a WR who is past his prime who wants an even bigger contract. The logic around here is flawed beyond belief.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Why the hell would you get rid of one of the best OT's in the league who just wants a paycheck for a WR who is past his prime who wants an even bigger contract. The logic around here is flawed beyond belief.
they think wrs can block the qb's blindside.

ddaryl
12-23-2008, 02:17 PM

personally I wouldn't, but Peters could become unreasonable. i believe him to be a me 1st player, who is more interested in being the highest paid at his position, and with his latest statement.. "You play the game to make the probowl" comment

If we can resign him I would personally, off th etop of my head offer him a top 5 LT bonus, and a top 10 LT salary and then add a ton of incentives that he needs to hit to make him the best paid LT i the game. The #1 incentive would be playoffs and him playing 90% of the games. The 2nd incentive would be SB appearance. I would give him a very modest bump for probowl appearance

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:21 PM
personally I wouldn't, but Peters could become unreasonable. i believe him to be a me 1st player, who is more interested in being the highest paid at his position, and with his latest statement.. "You play the game to make the probowl" comment

If we can resign him I would personally, off th etop of my head offer him a top 5 LT bonus, and a top 10 LT salary and then add a ton of incentives that he needs to hit to make him the best paid LT i the game. The #1 incentive would be playoffs and him playing 90% of the games. The 2nd incentive would be SB appearance. I would give him a very modest bump for probowl appearance
I have met and personally know A LOT of NFL players in the past and present, I have never met one that is any different.

Like I've said multiple times in the past, Bills fans simply aren't familiar with what it's like dealing with an all-star player. What Peters is doing is no different than what 9/10th's of the rest of the players do when a contract is on the line.

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 02:23 PM
personally I wouldn't, but Peters could become unreasonable.

it's the FO's fault for paying guys like Kelsay, Dockery, Aaron and Walker more money and they are not even close to the player that Peters is or has been for this team.

."You play the game to make the probowl" comment
that can be translated in different ways. You play to be the best at what you do.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:25 PM
it's the FO's fault for paying guys like Kelsay, Dockery, Aaron and Walker more money and they are not even close to the player that Peters is or has been for this team.

that can be translated in different ways. You play to be the best at what you do.
I'd be playing the game to make the Pro Bowl too, do you have any idea what these guys get just for making it?

justasportsfan
12-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I'd be playing the game to make the Pro Bowl too, do you have any idea what these guys get just for making it?
If everyone played like a probowler we wouldn't be where we are at today.

gr8slayer
12-23-2008, 02:27 PM
If everyone played like a probowler we wouldn't be where we are at today.
EXACTLY, maybe more guys should be playing with the same frame of mind.

Kenny
12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
EXACTLY, maybe more guys should be playing with the same frame of mind.

problem is... we dont have many players on this team that can play at that level. But I guess that doesnt matter... so let's trade him for a WR! That'll solve ALL our problems!!!!

clumping platelets
12-24-2008, 01:37 AM
I leave it.................if Dallas wants Peters then I want Witten in return

BillsWin
12-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Anthony Spencer
Martellus Bennett
and a 4th or 5th Rd pick

for Peters....

No, no and no.

here's why.

Anthony Spencer, is not a starter. and even if he was, he's not that good.

Bennett? why would they trade him? He's a great backup for Witten! and he's a rookie with upside!

and onto Peters,

why would we trade a pro bowl calibur LEFT TACKLE!!??

they block the blindside of the QB. shhhhhhhhhheeeya. kinda important.

This trade has "Peters Hater" stamped all over it.

besides, it would never happen.