PDA

View Full Version : Would you want to be a Detroit Lion fan or a Bills fan now?

blackonyx89
12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
That's a hard choice, but if it was me I'd rather be a Lions fans. At least they'll be around in 20-30 years as opposed to a loser owner of a subpar franchise, outside of the Super Bowl run of course! Buffalo has a long history of underachieving and losing teams. This city is cursed beyond belief! When will the suffering end!?!

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Then go root for the Lions and leave us alone.

OpIv37
12-31-2008, 10:14 AM
I would never want to be a Lions fan but I must say this: Since the season has ended, the Lions have shown much more of a commitment to winning than the Bills. They axed people and are at least pursuing top shelf talent. We're sticking with the same incompetent morons who got us into this mess.

M
12-31-2008, 10:14 AM
OMG. Again with this ****?! Detroit is calling your name. Buh-bye!!!

hydro
12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/%7Eburrows3/AttentionWhore2.jpg

Forward_Lateral
12-31-2008, 10:19 AM
For crap sakes, onyx, we already went through this. Detroit has won ONE, O-N-E, ONE playoff game since the merger. One. It doesn't get much worse than that. Not to mention they just went 0-16, and unless a miracle happens, they won't win many next season either. The Detroit franchise is the worst in all of sports today, and is one of the worst of all time. Easily the worst in NFL history, when it comes to constant sucking.

This isn't even up for debate, as far as I'm concerned.

Another not, Dick Jauron is the ONLY former Lions head coach to ever be the head coach for another team after the Lions.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2008, 10:22 AM
If the Bills ever left Buffalo, I am becoming a Lions fan.

Replace misery with misery.

jamze132
12-31-2008, 10:24 AM

That's pretty much all we know...

blackonyx89
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I would never want to be a Lions fan but I must say this: Since the season has ended, the Lions have shown much more of a commitment to winning than the Bills. They axed people and are at least pursuing top shelf talent. We're sticking with the same incompetent morons who got us into this mess.

That's what it's all about, caring and Ralph doesn't care at all!!!! One day the Lions will figure it out and win, while Buffalo will be up in Canada. LOL!

BlackMetalNinja
12-31-2008, 10:46 AM
That's a hard choice, but if it was me I'd rather be a Lions fans. At least they'll be around in 20-30 years as opposed to a loser owner of a subpar franchise, outside of the Super Bowl run of course! Buffalo has a long history of underachieving and losing teams. This city is cursed beyond belief! When will the suffering end!?!Since it is you, then go be a Lions fan and stop posting the same crap over and over again. Here, I even did the hard part for you:

http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/tlfforum/

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 10:48 AM
For crap sakes, onyx, we already went through this. Detroit has won ONE, O-N-E, ONE playoff game since the merger. One. It doesn't get much worse than that. Not to mention they just went 0-16, and unless a miracle happens, they won't win many next season either. The Detroit franchise is the worst in all of sports today, and is one of the worst of all time. Easily the worst in NFL history, when it comes to constant sucking.

This isn't even up for debate, as far as I'm concerned.

Another not, Dick Jauron is the ONLY former Lions head coach to ever be the head coach for another team after the Lions.

Untrue about the coaches...

Buddy Parker coached the Steelers after the Lions.

There's a few more too, but Buddy Parker has probably the biggest name.

And I'm sure Mooch will get another job in the NFL eventually.

trapezeus
12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
point is the lions finally canned their jauron in millen mid season, and they traded their dead weight superstar for a handful of picks. They are looking at some of the biggest and best names in the game. They are in position ot have a better season than the bills. sure one game win is a better season, but i don't see jauron getting 7 wins out of the bills ever again. You can quote me on that.

blackonyx89
12-31-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/%7Eburrows3/AttentionWhore2.jpg

Awwww, thanks! LOL! :D: Note the sarcasm. I don't need ateention, but it's sad seeing the Bills always being the laughingstock of the league and some people are too blind to see it!

DrGraves
12-31-2008, 11:40 AM
I'd rather be a lions fan because they can at least be optimistic that they'll turn it around. we already know that we're going to finish 7-9

topher180
12-31-2008, 11:40 AM
If I were a Lions fan, I would be mentally prepared for loosing seasons. If you keep your expectations low, it's harder to get let down. What's so difficult about being a Bills fan is that many buy in to the hype and the promise of a new season. Look no further than the season ticket numbers prior to this season after 14 wins in two years. Pretty sick really, when you think about it.

DBrown77
12-31-2008, 11:42 AM
That's a hard choice, but if it was me I'd rather be a Lions fans. At least they'll be around in 20-30 years as opposed to a loser owner of a subpar franchise, outside of the Super Bowl run of course! Buffalo has a long history of underachieving and losing teams. This city is cursed beyond belief! When will the suffering end!?!

:bigwave:

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 11:45 AM
I'd rather be a lions fan because they can at least be optimistic that they'll turn it around. we already know that we're going to finish 7-9

If you truly believe that, you sir, are an idiot...no offense.

Detroit hasn't had a winnng record in 9 years.

Detroit hasn't won a playoff game in 18 years. Prior to that playoff win in 1991? They hadn't won a playoff game since 1957.

But yeah, who wouldn't want to be a Lions fan!!!!

Jan Reimers
12-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Some of us don't change our allegiance every time there is some adversity.

We might get disappointed, angry or frustrated, but we just don't change teams like we change underwear.

You must not have been much of a Bills' fan to begin with.

topher180
12-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Some of us don't change our allegiance every time there is some adversity.

We might get disappointed, angry or frustrated, but we just don't change teams like we change underwear.

You must not have been much of a Bills' fan to begin with.

This from the guy who lives in NC, and likes the *drum roll* Denver Nuggets?

Hm.

Billscusey
12-31-2008, 12:23 PM

Hm.

Well said! Oh, and I like how the original poster threw in "some" adversity, I wouldn't say that the Bills have been experiencing "some" adversity recently, they've been pretty bad for a while now!

Really, what's the difference between the Bills and the Lions? Ok, so the Bills may win more games in a season, but both teams end up watching the playoffs from the side lines, except that Detroit gets a nice first pick to go along with it (even though they always blow that pick, they still get it!).

RockStar36
12-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Anybody who thinks the Lions are better needs their head examined. Just for the record, they fired their coach after the worst season in NFL history and kept the FO basically in tact from the interim basis during the season.

blackonyx89
12-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Well said! Oh, and I like how the original poster threw in "some" adversity, I wouldn't say that the Bills have been experiencing "some" adversity recently, they've been pretty bad for a while now!

Really, what's the difference between the Bills and the Lions? Ok, so the Bills may win more games in a season, but both teams end up watching the playoffs from the side lines, except that Detroit gets a nice first pick to go along with it (even though they always blow that pick, they still get it!).

I'm a lukewarm Bills fan and I use the Lions as an example of an underachieving team that's going to evetually win, someday. The Bills aren't and expect them to be cellar dwellers again next season. In case you haven't noticed the other teams in the AFC are making big moves and the Bills are plodding along.

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm a lukewarm Bills fan and I use the Lions as an example of an underachieving team that's going to evetually win, someday. The Bills aren't and expect them to be cellar dwellers again next season. In case you haven't noticed the other teams in the AFC are making big moves and the Bills are plodding along.

Don't worry...I'm sure fans of the Lions in the 60s thought..."we're going to win eventually, someday" too.

How's that worked out for them?

Our talent level is on par with theirs, so yes they're underachievers, but they're still not good enough to be anything but cellar dwellers.

They're basically staying status quo in the front office since the interim period and they're not plodding along?

Get real.

BlackMetalNinja
12-31-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm a lukewarm Bills fan and I use the Lions as an example of an underachieving team that's going to evetually win, someday. The Bills aren't and expect them to be cellar dwellers again next season. In case you haven't noticed the other teams in the AFC are making big moves and the Bills are plodding along.Where have you seen any evidence that the Lions are going to get better any sooner than the Bills? You clearly don't have a clue to the history of the Detroit organization...

Their last NFL Championship was 1957.
Their last Conference Championship was 1957.
Their last Division title was 1993.
They've made the playoffs 14 times in 78 years.
They've made the playoffs 6 time in the last 26 years.
The've won 1 playoff game since 1957.

We've had a really bad 8-10 years. They've had a really bad... well, they've just always been really bad.

blackonyx89
12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Where have you seen any evidence that the Lions are going to get better any sooner than the Bills? You clearly don't have a clue to the history of the Detroit organization...

Their last NFL Championship was 1957.
Their last Conference Championship was 1957.
Their last Division title was 1993.
They've made the playoffs 14 times in 78 years.
They've made the playoffs 6 time in the last 26 years.
The've won 1 playoff game since 1957.

We've had a really bad 8-10 years. They've had a really bad... well, they've just always been really bad.

Yes, quite bad!

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
[/B]

Yes, quite bad!

If we're quite bad, what are the Lions? Abysmal? Horrendous?

RockStar36
12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
I say we start a vote about banning onyx to the Lions message board forever.

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 12:53 PM
I say we start a vote about banning onyx to the Lions message board forever.

2nd'ed

Historian
12-31-2008, 01:16 PM

Ironic, as the Lions are the team Wilson was a minority owner in, and the team he patterned the Bills after.

He even used their colors in 1960 and 61.

The_Philster
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM

Hm.Jan's been a Bills fan for a lot longer than you've been picking your ass...and even from North Carolina, he still has Bills season tickets and makes it to most every game. He's seen it a lot worse than this as have most longtime Bills fans. When Jan speaks, you're missing out on a lot of wisdom if you don't listen. As far as the Nuggets...that really has nothing to do with the Bills...kinda dumb to bring it up

TacklingDummy
12-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Hey Phil, I tried robbing 10k in :zb: from you around a year ago, can I have them back? Thanks.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey Phil, I tried robbing 10k in :zb: from you around a year ago, can I have them back? Thanks.

You should accept responsibility for your failures and not be like JP. :D

TacklingDummy
12-31-2008, 01:29 PM
You should accept responsibility for your failures and not be like JP. :D

I was tricked.

Mr. Pink
12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
OMG!

The_Philster posted?

WHOA!

TacklingDummy
12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
OMG!

The_Philster posted?

WHOA!

Let's all neg. his azz for all the times he negged us and we couldn't neg. back because he didn't post within 30 days.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
OMG!

The_Philster posted?

WHOA!

Let's all neg. his azz for all the times he negged us and we couldn't neg. back because he didn't post within 30 days.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Let's all neg TD for double posting.

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
I would never not want to be a Bills fan.

topher180
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Jan's been a Bills fan for a lot longer than you've been picking your ass...and even from North Carolina, he still has Bills season tickets and makes it to most every game. He's seen it a lot worse than this as have most longtime Bills fans. When Jan speaks, you're missing out on a lot of wisdom if you don't listen. As far as the Nuggets...that really has nothing to do with the Bills...kinda dumb to bring it up
Uh oh, more internet police!!!!

"A Bills fan longer than I've been picking you ass". Classy. Right because you know how old I am, how long I've been a fan, etc. I'm sure you are also extremely tough and say things like that to people in everyday life.

It's a message board ******! That's part of the gig. You post, agree, disagree, etc.

And the comment about the Nuggets makes plenty of sense. When someone questions someone else's "allegiance" to a team and calls them fair weather and all this other nonsense, it makes me laugh to look at their team icons and see teams from across the country. But even that is speculation, I don't know for sure. But it made people interested.

DELETED for TOS Violation I swear, some of you in this message board mob need to get a life.

edited by BMN for TOS Violation

G Wolly
12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
I'd rather have a constant string of mediocrity as a Bills fan then fluctuate from having Barry Sanders in the glory days to go 0 and 16.

Mad Bomber
12-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow. I don't send :negrep: to people very much, but this one deserves it. Check your rep.

Mad Bomber
12-31-2008, 06:37 PM

:rofl:

Mad Bomber
12-31-2008, 06:40 PM
point is the lions finally canned their jauron in millen mid season, and they traded their dead weight superstar for a handful of picks. They are looking at some of the biggest and best names in the game. They are in position ot have a better season than the bills. sure one game win is a better season, but i don't see jauron getting 7 wins out of the bills ever again. You can quote me on that.
I'll bet you ALL my Zonebucks that he gets us 7 wins....

...over the next 3 years of his extended contract....

yordad
12-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Awwww, thanks! LOL! :D: Note the sarcasm. I don't need ateention, but it's sad seeing the Bills always being the laughingstock of the league and some people are too blind to see it!Yes, the Lions are the solution.

TigerJ
12-31-2008, 10:47 PM
The Lions top brass might call what they have a commitment to winning, but all I see for sure is a commitment to change. The ownership gave their former GM, Matt Millen, entirely too much time when year after year he proved his incompetence. I think the "new head coach every two years approach to team building is a sure way to continued failure, just as certain or more so than keeping the wrong coach for too long.

The choice for me is easy. Give me the Bills any day of the week, now and always.

Jan Reimers
01-01-2009, 08:08 AM

Hm.
Just to clarify, topher, I grew up in WNY, have lived in several places during my working career, but have always remained loyal to the Bills. I don't understand how my now living in NC and remaining a Bills' fan and season ticket holder disqualifies me from having an opinion on loyalty.

Oh, and I pull for the Nuggets because as a loyal Syracuse Orange fan - haven't changed that in 50 years, either - I like to follow Carmelo Anthony's career.

shelby
01-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Holy crap.... a Philster sighting!

BlackMetalNinja
01-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Just to clarify, topher, I grew up in WNY, have lived in several places during my working career, but have always remained loyal to the Bills. I don't understand how my now living in NC and remaining a Bills' fan and season ticket holder disqualifies me from having an opinion on loyalty.

Oh, and I pull for the Nuggets because as a loyal Syracuse Orange fan - haven't changed that in 50 years, either - I like to follow Carmelo Anthony's career.Eh I wouldn't sweat it Jan (and I'm sure you don't)... I look at that assortment of teams and say, there's a guy who has been loyal regardless of where he goes. My teams are from all over and I stuck with my two hometown teams when I moved down here too. Location and loyalty are not at all mutually exclusive terms.

BillsWin
01-01-2009, 01:10 PM

Then go watch and root for the Lions and let Bills fans wallow in their suffering of a 7-9 season without comparing it to 0-16.

topher180
01-01-2009, 10:25 PM

Oh, and I pull for the Nuggets because as a loyal Syracuse Orange fan - haven't changed that in 50 years, either - I like to follow Carmelo Anthony's career.
It doesn't, but it doesn't give you a PhD in others loyalty either. Let me guess, you probably also stand the entire game, even during TV timeouts. I guess this based on your sense of entitlement, obvious by both you and your internet bodyguard mentioning that you make the trip in from NC. Or maybe not dude, whatever.

It was a joke btw. I will be sure not to be funny anymore. God for bid.

blackonyx89
01-02-2009, 08:00 AM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p2783559 width="50%">Would you want to be a ... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2783559#post2783559)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>01-01-2009 11:26 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">I'm a ninja! Don't come back or I'll kick you in the ass!!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NO!
:D:

Jan Reimers
01-02-2009, 08:32 AM
It doesn't, but it doesn't give you a PhD in others loyalty either. Let me guess, you probably also stand the entire game, even during TV timeouts. I guess this based on your sense of entitlement, obvious by both you and your internet bodyguard mentioning that you make the trip in from NC. Or maybe not dude, whatever.

It was a joke btw. I will be sure not to be funny anymore. God for bid.
As I said, I have an opinion on loyalty, not a PHD. My opinion is that fairweather fans are likely to change teams often, because they lack any deep commitment to any team. And I really don't care. I happen to be a lifelong Bills' fan, and as pissed as I am right now, I'm not changing my allegiance. That's just not me.

And I don't stand throughout the game, or have any sense of entitlement. I'm simply a fan, like many others on here. I don't really understand your problem with that.

Historian
01-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Shame on you Jan...sitting indoors!

BlackMetalNinja
01-02-2009, 09:11 AM
<table class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation"><tr><td class="alt2">http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td><td class="alt1Active" id="p2783559" width="50%">Would you want to be a ... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2783559#post2783559)</td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">01-01-2009 11:26 AM</td><td class="alt1" width="50%">I'm a ninja! Don't come back or I'll kick you in the ass!!</td></tr></tbody></table>

NO!
:D:Hmm, somebody is trying to frame me it appears.

RockStar36
01-02-2009, 09:19 AM
The fact that someone thinks Detroit is downright hilarious. Even with the greatest running back in the history of the NFL, they still couldn't muster anything in terms of a playoff victory. Being 0-16 is the worst season in NFL history. Why would anybody want that distinction?

Jan Reimers
01-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Shame on you Jan...sitting indoors!
I only sit in the Club when it's cold, windy, rainy, snowy, hot, humid or too bright, or the heated seats don't work, or the in-seat waitress service is too slow. Otherwise, I rough it.

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2009, 11:47 AM
At Jan's age he can sit wherever he wants to.