PDA

View Full Version : Bills offer Greer a contract

Slim
02-21-2009, 03:59 PM
5 years 20 million. from ESPN.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2968

Damnit i meant Greer. Mods help me out. I bought a new keyboard last week.

Tatonka
02-21-2009, 04:02 PM
that would be a great deal if he took it.

Ginger Vitis
02-21-2009, 04:03 PM
No way he accepts that deal

Slim
02-21-2009, 04:04 PM
that would be a great deal if he took it.

I agree. Its a good number for the Bills. We have McGee, Mckelvin, and Corner. While Corner isn't proven, Leodis did show promise at the end of the year. I dont want the Bills to be paying 6-7mil a year for a nickle cb in a year or two.

Tatonka
02-21-2009, 04:08 PM
dont forget we have youboty too who was our best cb till he was hurt.

i dont think that greer will take that, but he has definately said that he wants to be in buffalo and there is a slim chance that he takes something in that ballpark..

but not much of a chance.

TigerJ
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
No way he accepts that dealCompared with what he's going to commjand on the open market, that's definitely a lowball offer. Unless Greer is a lot more loyal to the team than I think he is, he'll consider that an insult and take his services elsewhere.

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Greer isn't worth a boat load of money...IMO. That being said, did the Bills organization get their negotiating tactics from the Sabres?

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Well there has to be a big bonus, claus, or we are trading mcgee and putting him at starter. No way thats all that they are hopping him to accept.

bigbub2352
02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
cheap low ball offer see yah greer have fun

X-Era
02-21-2009, 04:45 PM
No way he accepts that deal

Why? They are doing everything in their power :rolleyes:

X-Era
02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
cheap low ball offer see yah greer have fun

Exactly what I said they would do.

hydro
02-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Talk about a kick in the balls. Way to try FO! :rolleyes:

Michael82
02-21-2009, 04:54 PM
:rofl: Way to go, Buffalo! What a horrible offer! He'll probably get double that in the FA market! :ill:

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is worth the money he's looking for, but why even offer such a lowball offer? If you were going to do that, why not just wait to see what he got in FA and if it was within your range, then offer up the deal. IMO, this was done just to say, "hey, we made an offer". That is the mentality with this team that frustrates so many fans.

Pinkerton Security
02-21-2009, 05:32 PM
why is Jabari Greer suddenly worth 8 million dollars a year?? Hes not Asante Samuel people. Hes a good player, but I dont think this offer is that ridiculously low. That being said, if he rejects it bc its too low, ill be pissed. I just dont think he is a 6 million dollar a year player, let alone more.

clumping platelets
02-21-2009, 05:35 PM
That's in the right ballpark for Greer. No way he's worth $7-8 million he's seeking

Goodbye Greer

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
I dont understand why we are even offering Greer a contract when we didnt even offer Crow one. Crow is our best defensive player when healthy.

FlyingDutchman
02-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Reggie Corner is going to be a beast. Greer is too short and IMO not as good as a lot of people think.

Ginger Vitis
02-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Reggie Corner is going to be a beast. Greer is too short and IMO not as good as a lot of people think.

Jabari Greer is 5'11.. Reggie Corner is 5'9

Oaf
02-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm taking this at good news. If we offered a market signing bonus and he took it, I would be estatic.

BillsWin
02-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Noone is going to cash in for Greer, who is coming off a knee injury, and has only had about one full season to play. Greer is great. I want him here. The Bills organization is at least offering him something.

In 2 years, I'd rather have a McKelvin-Greer CB duo then McKelvin- McGee. No offence to Terrence at all, I love the kid, but I think Greer is a great young CB and goes well with Leodis.

Mitchell55
02-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Noone is going to cash in for Greer, who is coming off a knee injury, and has only had about one full season to play. Greer is great. I want him here. The Bills organization is at least offering him something.

In 2 years, I'd rather have a McKelvin-Greer CB duo then McKelvin- McGee. No offence to Terrence at all, I love the kid, but I think Greer is a great young CB and goes well with Leodis.

Greer has the size advantage over most of our CBs (yes FD, I said it), he has the best cover skills, and McGee is to short and plays the man, not the ball to much.

PECKERWOOD
02-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Seems like a fair offer for a #2 CB, he is a good player but I thought 5yrs 20 million was actually pretty reasonable.

Michael82
02-22-2009, 12:47 AM
This reminds me of the Danny Briere situation a few years ago.... :sigh:

SeatownBillsFan21
02-22-2009, 12:52 AM
I like the offer i think JG is trippin if he thinks hes worth more

Pinkerton Security
02-22-2009, 12:58 AM
this IMO was a good offer, we DONT need Greer, and this is how much he is worth. If teams want to overspend for someone we dont need, fine. We will then be able to throw more money at positions with upgrades needed.

FlyingDutchman
02-22-2009, 01:28 AM
5-11 is the perfect size for a corner, Greer is our best cover corner and is 2 inches taller than Corner and you are saying that Corner is better than Greer when Corner is shorter. Not only that but you are basing our 5th corner as our best corner on no logic but greers small when hes not.

Please point out the logic or tell me what your smoking.
I said Corner is going to BE beast, meaning future tense . I went to half of the traing camp practices this year, and after watching Reggie in games, I expect big things from him so IN MY OPINION he will be way beter than Greer has been. So im ok if Greer gets away bc Ive never really been impressed with him, just like Schobel. No kidding Greer is taller than Corner. I was never comparing the two is size.

edited for multiple TOS violations ~shelby

jamze132
02-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Greer is in no way, shape, or form worth $5M per year. I'm glad he didn't accept the offer and I am willing to bet he accepts for the amount we offered him or even lower when FA starts.

Everyone see what is going on in baseball right now. Yeah, some players got paid but the majority have been forced to accept a 1 year deal for a lot less money. Some NFL players are going to have a broken heart when they don't get the deal their agent thinks they are going to get.

shelby
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Take it to PM's, gentlemen. The off topic posts have been removed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Thank you.