PDA

View Full Version : My Wednesday Open FA Thread

Pages : [1] 2

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 08:32 AM
9:28AM: I’m posting some stuff either that I’m able to find out today, and I”ll post news from other sites and try to post links with them too as they come up. I”ll try and be informative today. Let’s get started.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The Bills are interested in Vonnie Holliday, recently released DE from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> I’ve heard. He already has visits lined up with <st1:City w:st="on">Denver</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City>, so we’ll see what happens. But the Bills are DEFINITELY expressing an interest in getting him in town this weekend if he's available.
<o:p> </o:p>
9:30AM: JP Losman finally has a team that’s called him with interest.. It’s the Bengals. Fitting.<o:p></o:p>

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Don't want him. Of the 3 choices I bey he ends up in Denver.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 08:38 AM
9:40AM: If the Bills end up wanting Mike Peterson they are going to have some competition, per PFT , <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> is also interested.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Pass on Holliday.

Thurmal
03-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Vonnie Holliday, Drayton Florence, Cato June, Mike Peterson, Lav Coles...I am kinda pumped about these guys, but I would be much more excited if it were three or four years ago.

I do think Coles has a bit left in the tank and that June and Florence are young enough to get back to the best years of their career, though.

clumping platelets
03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Holliday would be a good add..........he's a versatile DL

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 08:43 AM
9:42AM: You know, I like Chris Brown, I really do. But his Bills blog is 100% useless, and its ridiculous that its on the official team site.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Look at his blogs over the past few days.. You get NOTHING.. Jesus, he didn’t even confirm <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florence</st1:place></st1:City>’s signing at first.. Then he has Kevin Jones visiting as a question mark???<o:p></o:p>
No mention of Cato June, None of Thomas, None of Peterson.. Not a word about Coles.<o:p></o:p>
What a totally useless blog.<o:p></o:p>

psubills62
03-04-2009, 08:47 AM
9:42AM: You know, I like Chris Brown, I really do. But his Bills blog is 100% useless, and its ridiculous that its on the official team site.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Look at his blogs over the past few days.. You get NOTHING.. Jesus, he didn’t even confirm <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florence</st1:place></st1:City>’s signing at first.. Then he has Kevin Jones visiting as a question mark???<o:p></o:p>
No mention of Cato June, None of Thomas, None of Peterson.. Not a word about Coles.<o:p></o:p>

It's only useful to eventually confirm for sure that the Bills signed a guy, even though it's usually obvious after a day or two. It's like he's a Bills fan who has a blog and has the inside scoop - but his company won't let him use his inside scoop to say anything.

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 08:49 AM
It's only useful to eventually confirm for sure that the Bills signed a guy, even though it's usually obvious after a day or two. It's like he's a Bills fan who has a blog and has the inside scoop - but his company won't let him use his inside scoop to say anything.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

The Juice Is Loose
03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
the funny thing is, people defend him to no end, claiming he does tons of work.

the only reason i like the guy is he's affiliated with the bills. he recycles all the stories from bb.com on the shout magazine or whatever its called now, bills digest.

honestly you get like 4 articles a week out of the guy. i guess putting the video's together probably takes an hour or two.

this guy seriously has about a 16 hour work week.

i wanna know what he gets paid. because what do you think if someone went up to the bills and said i'll replace chris brown for half the price and i'll write twice as much. what would happen?

clumping platelets
He's towing the company line :down:

homeslice5484
i just want us to bring in a WR who can start and make plays!

WeAreArthurMoates
Ya it's good on confirmation for players but the only time I really like reading is when it pertains to training camp reports.

mysticsoto
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
9:42AM: You know, I like Chris Brown, I really do. But his Bills blog is 100% useless, and its ridiculous that its on the official team site.<o:p></o:p>
Look at his blogs over the past few days.. You get NOTHING.. Jesus, he didn’t even confirm <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Florence</st1:place></st1:city>’s signing at first.. Then he has Kevin Jones visiting as a question mark???<o:p></o:p>

You're kicking his ass Pat!!! Thanks for posting all the news...it's very much appreciated!

Michael82
03-04-2009, 09:06 AM
A couple years ago he was actually keeping us up to date with more info on visits and would tell us stuff, but then last year, they seemed to crack down on him more. I don't why what's the point of even having him there if they won't let him share more info with us. I bet if you were to chat with him, he would tell you that it sucks being controlled like he is. :ill:

Michael82
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
BTW pat...I think you need to update your photo on Fox Sports. You look like a kid on there.... :D

http://community.foxsports.com/profiles/profile.aspx?un=Pat_Moran

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
10:07AM: Cato June is touring the facilities right this moment.

An Admin Should change this server to the other one, Im telling you its going to be busy here today, and this time I'm guarenteeing you there is going to be at least one signing and maybe more today so the site is gonna get hit hard.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
BTW pat...I think you need to update your photo on Fox Sports. You look like a kid on there.... :D

http://community.foxsports.com/profiles/profile.aspx?un=Pat_Moran
yeah thats an old pic, lol.
From when I covered the Sabres for Buffalo Sports Report.. Like 2002 I think.

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 09:11 AM
pat, are u hearing about any other WR's?

Michael82
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM

An Admin Should change this server to the other one, Im telling you its going to be busy here today, and this time I'm guarenteeing you there is going to be at least one signing and maybe more today so the site is gonna get hit hard.
Sweet! I love the sound of this. Plus don't forget that the NHL trade deadline is today, so the Sabres board should be rocking too. :D

casdhf
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM

http://community.foxsports.com/profiles/profile.aspx?un=Pat_Moran A special needs kid, Mike :ill:

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
pat, any attempt by the bills to inquire about Sheffler from Denver?

Michael82
03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
A special needs kid, Mike :ill:
:rofl:

T-Long
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
yeah let's change it to busy mode...I am heading into work and want to make sure I can get in!

Pinkerton Security

im not attacking you, i just dont understand why so many are clamoring to get tony scheffler. Its like Tony G, Owen Daniels and then Scheffler?? Weird to me, hes solid but did they say he was on the block or something that I missed?

patmoran2006
None i've heard of.. I think they're set to draft a TE and give Fine a chance to compete to start.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:19 AM
10:10AM: I’m told Pat Thomas is in the house. I’d tell you more about him, but I don’t know anything about him!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

ct bills fan
03-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Pat - love your updates - very much appreciated.

In saying that, I've got to call you out in a half joking manner - I thought you said yesterday that you weren't posting again until the Bills signed Coles?

I'm willing to forget because I selfishly want to keep reading your updates.

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 09:24 AM
i dont know much about Sheffler, which is why I was asking. I am just hoping we upgrade the receiving targets for trent thats all.

I just hope they are exploring ALL options at WR and not just waiting on coles. I dont mind drafting a TE and giving Fine a chance...I thought fine played well when he was allowed to play, which was not enough. Same for Stevie J.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:26 AM
10:25AM: Travis Henry is in jail<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/02/travis_henry_denied_reductions.html<o:p></o:p>

methos4ever
03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
ST'er for the Chiefs, a guy that is 6'1 239ish...In college was 2 down player due to his liability in coverage...
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=55089

Dude
03-04-2009, 09:28 AM

An Admin Should change this server to the other one, Im telling you its going to be busy here today, and this time I'm guarenteeing you there is going to be at least one signing and maybe more today so the site is gonna get hit hard.Same server, different presentation.

Hope you're right, Pat. :up:

Dude
03-04-2009, 09:29 AM
9:30AM: JP Losman finally has a team that’s called him with interest.. It’s the Bengals. Fitting.<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR]This makes me :rofl:

Michael82
03-04-2009, 09:31 AM
pat, any word on if the Bills have inquired about Torry Holt now that Coles is being a greedy bastard and trying to get them to wait forever?

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:40 AM
pat, any word on if the Bills have inquired about Torry Holt now that Coles is being a greedy bastard and trying to get them to wait forever?I havent heard a thing.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:42 AM
pat, any word on if the Bills have inquired about Torry Holt now that Coles is being a greedy bastard and trying to get them to wait forever?
My best guess is if the team makes a trade it would be a left guard (hmmm) or something other than a WR. IF they don’t get Coles, I’d think Toomer would be of interest as a stop-gap to give Hardy more time to see if he booms or bust... I wouldn’t give up a draft pick for Holt.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
why only a stop gap for hardy, what about stevie!

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:50 AM
10:49AM: One non Football note.. per WGR, Connolly signs 2 year extension, for $9million.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

casdhf
03-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Pat, do you do any real work?

Michael82
03-04-2009, 09:56 AM
My best guess is if the team makes a trade it would be a left guard (hmmm) or something other than a WR. IF they don’t get Coles, I’d think Toomer would be of interest as a stop-gap to give Hardy more time to see if he booms or bust... I wouldn’t give up a draft pick for Holt.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Two things....

1. There is rumors that Toomer is not interested in coming to Buffalo and already rejected an invitation.

2. Hardy tore his ACL last year. He will probably still more some of the regular season. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him on the PUP list or something.

Griz78
03-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Right on, I agree with the Hardy PUP List. I think it is smart to give him some more time. A stop gap would help Evans too. Engram is also out there. Older but reliable.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Pat, do you do any real work?
yes Im a bank teller at HSBC per someone yesterday

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
yes Im a bank teller at HSBC per someone yesterday
:rofl: :rofl:

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 10:01 AM
11:00AM: I was just told (and this is actually the same person who tipped me off on Hangartner last Thursday afternoon, so I have every reason to believe it) that the Bills “really want to land Cato June today” I think a three-year deal with incentives will get it done.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

TedMock
03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
im not attacking you, i just dont understand why so many are clamoring to get tony scheffler. Its like Tony G, Owen Daniels and then Scheffler?? Weird to me, hes solid but did they say he was on the block or something that I missed?

Rotoworld reported that Denver is shopping him. He has a decent stats. 3 years experience. 26 years old. 40 receptions for 645 and 3 TDs in 2008 and 49 for 549 and 5 TDs in 2007.

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
pat, one thing I don't understand is that FB Leonard Weaver and Mike Karney are available in free agency. Why wouldn't we go for someone like them instead of re-signing a bum like Corey McIntyre?

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:05 AM
11:00AM: I was just told (and this is actually the same person who tipped me off on Hangartner last Thursday afternoon, so I have every reason to believe it) that the Bills “really want to land Cato June today” I think a three-year deal with incentives will get it done.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Sweet! I just hope they move him back to the WLB, he was much better there. And I think that Mitchell would be better at SLB because of his size. :up:

raphael120
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
It's looking like if we land Cato June, our whole LB corps gets better.

We have better starters, we have better depth...and maybe...hopefully...we can get rid of Ellison because he is a sad excuse of a football player. We need to get rid of dead weight.

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
well if we get june, then no peterson and poz stays in the middle?

Is june undersized like ellison?

EDS
03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
well if we get june, then no peterson and poz stays in the middle?

Is june undersized like ellison?

June is smaller then Ellison.

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
June is smaller then Ellison.
I didn't realize that. :ill:

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
then why do we want june if he is smaller than ellison?

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Someone asked about Scheffler. I am looking into it.. I haven’t been able to have someone confirm any interest on the Bills end. But there is a report out of the Denver Post that says Scheffler is definitely on the trading block. It reads.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“Scheffler on trade block. <o:p></o:p>
The Broncos have been shopping Tony Scheffler. Scheffler, 26, is considered one of the NFL's best receivers at tight end — his average of 16.1 yards per catch led all players at his position with at least 40 receptions last year. <o:p></o:p>
However, there is concern Scheffler might not fit in the New England offensive system that new coach Josh McDaniels has brought with him to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>. <o:p></o:p>
<st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place>'s offense usually lines up with three wide receivers and one tight end. The Broncos already have the prototype New England-style tight end in Daniel Graham, who played for the Patriots from 2002-06. Graham left <st1:place w:st="on">New England</st1:place> for free agency in part because the Pats rarely use the tight end in their passing game. <o:p></o:p>
The most logical destinations for Scheffler are teams that operate the West Coast offense, which often uses a second tight end in the game. The Philadelphia Eagles have the most prominent West Coast offense. “<o:p></o:p>
**NOTE** Scheffler is in the last year of a rookie 4-year, $2.7M contract. So if the Bills were to end up trading for him, they’d have to give him a new deal.<o:p></o:p>

Patti120
03-04-2009, 10:19 AM
June seemed pretty solid when he played WLB with the Colts but when he was moved to Strong side he was not good so I'm guessing we'd bring him in to play the weak side.

Does Mitchell play Weak or Strong side?

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 10:19 AM
He’s (June) a veteran with experience and he’s been a tackling machine. .He had over 140 tackles with Indy in 2006. He’s also a cover two type of LB.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I don’t know to what extent <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> has interest in Peterson.. I read what everyone has read. But I do know that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> is interested in him as well.<o:p></o:p>

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
There listed heights and weights are actually exactly the same.

clumping platelets
03-04-2009, 10:23 AM
June would become the WLB and Mitchell would switch over to the strong side.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 10:23 AM
He’s (June) a veteran with experience and he’s been a tackling machine. .He had over 140 tackles with Indy in 2006. He’s also a cover two type of LB.<o:p></o:p>

I don’t know to what extent <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:city> has interest in Peterson.. I read what everyone has read. But I do know that <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:city> is interested in him as well.<o:p></o:p>

tackles are a hard stat to count but some have june at over 100 tackles last year even. he was a monte kiffin favorite and that has to be worth something. he is high motor, doesnt miss tackles and is great in coverage. not only will he cover a TE but he will jump routes and pick balls off while doing so. i think he is a must sign for us. he is not just the best available, he is the best in free agency for our D. vilma, brookings, andra davis, non of the other LB's really fit what we do like june does.

Ickybaluky
03-04-2009, 10:24 AM
There listed heights and weights are actually exactly the same.

I don't know what he is listed at, but he is very small. He actually played S in college, at Michigan.

However, June does fit as a Tampa-2 LB because he can run real well. He is a chase-and-tackle guy who covers a lot of field. However, he is really a DB-playing LB, which only works in a Tampa-2. Kind of like Coy Wire.

Pinkerton Security
03-04-2009, 10:25 AM

bc size ain't everything. Its OK to be undersized if you can still shed blocks and get to the ball carrier. Ellison cannot do that. June was also a very good playmaker in Indy.

Bruce is Loose
03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Per VText - DeShaun Foster and Cato June are meeting with Bills coaches today

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Interesting comments from Chris Brown about Terrence McGee in his blog....

McGee’s chances to be re-signed in 2010 better now (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/04/mcgees-chances-to-be-re-signed-in-2010-better-now/)

By Chris Brown - Posted March 4th, 2009
With the signing of Drayton Florence to terms that are not breaking the bank, Buffalo should be in position to re-sign Terrence McGee next offseason when he’s to become a free agent or sooner.

Had Jabari Greer re-signed with Buffalo for upwards of $6M or more per season, it would have dramatically reduced the chances of McGee re-signing with the Bills after the 2009 season.

The reason why is Buffalo is already heavily invested in Leodis McKelvin. Had they signed Greer to big money, investing heavily again in McGee would be unrealistic because you can’t have too many fat contracts at one position. It becomes cost prohibitive in terms of addressing other positional needs on your team.
I don’t know this, but I always got the sense that the organization valued McGee as a player just a little bit more than Greer. I could be wrong, but perhaps that’s why Greer didn’t find Buffalo’s offer satisfactory.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
11:25AM: Im starting to get the feeling there is something going on with Lynch, and more to it than the public knows.. This team is hell bent on getting a VET RB, and you don’t spend that kind of money on a guy who’s only going to play for 1-4 games to cover a suspension.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Per VText - DeShaun Foster and Cato June are meeting with Bills coaches today
Dashaun Foster? That's a new one. Why didn't pat know this one? :mad:

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Interesting comments from Chris Brown about Terrence McGee in his blog....

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

that would makes sense. mcgee is a true number 1 corner and his skills are better. greer probably wanted to make a name for himself not playing next to a guy like mcgee. i know some people on here are not mcgee fans, but the reality is he would be the top corner available next UFA and would be HIGHLY coveted by all teams in need of a corner. might not be a bad thing if we locked him up.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Dashaun Foster? That's a new one. Why didn't pat know this one? :mad:
LOL, Ya think I sleep at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">One Bills Drive</st1:address></st1:Street> man or am roommates with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Brandon</st1:place></st1:City>?? LOL<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DBrown77
03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Foster is horrible. he has no vision and cannot find the hole....in the offensive line

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
11:25AM: Im starting to get the feeling there is something going on with Lynch, and more to it than the public knows.. This team is hell bent on getting a VET RB, and you don’t spend that kind of money on a guy who’s only going to play for 1-4 games to cover a suspension.<o:p></o:p>

true but kevin jones and deshaun foster are not guys that could rotate full time with fred jackson, neither has panned out or stayed healthy with a sizable load.

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Pat were you wrong on Kevin Jones or is he coming later? DeShaun Foster is the RB who is here today and that seems to have come out of the blue?!

DrGraves
03-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I hope you're wrong about the veteran back thing pat...

Bruce is Loose
03-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Chambers officially re-signs with the Bills - I thought this was already done but I just got the VTEXT now so maybe it wasnt official before?

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 10:38 AM
that would makes sense. mcgee is a true number 1 corner and his skills are better. greer probably wanted to make a name for himself not playing next to a guy like mcgee. i know some people on here are not mcgee fans, but the reality is he would be the top corner available next UFA and would be HIGHLY coveted by all teams in need of a corner. might not be a bad thing if we locked him up.

I dont see McGee as a #1 CB, he bites to easily on the double move, can be fooled by play action and his lack consistency kills me! #1 CB's are able to shut down opponents #1 WR and he has never shown a nack to do that. And I know we don't have a good pass rush but he gets beaten on short, intermediate, and deep routes when he's off. McGee would be a great #2 CB.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Pat were you wrong on Kevin Jones or is he coming later? DeShaun Foster is the RB who is here today and that seems to have come out of the blue?!
Did I said Kevin Jones was actually here today? I said June was and Thomas, I don think Im the one who actually said that Jones is here right now?

Raptor
03-04-2009, 10:39 AM
11:25AM: Im starting to get the feeling there is something going on with Lynch, and more to it than the public knows.. This team is hell bent on getting a VET RB, and you don’t spend that kind of money on a guy who’s only going to play for 1-4 games to cover a suspension.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

K.Jones and D.Foster arnt exactly guys you have to break the bank for though and would likely be on 1 or 2 year deals max. I think the Bills want some vet insurance for Jackson for the 4 games Lynch is likely to miss

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I agree with Pat, something is up with this whole RB thing, it seems like there is something we don't know that's going on here.

patmoran2006
holy crap I got a lot going on, I cant keep up!

patmoran2006
I agree with Pat, something is up with this whole RB thing, it seems like there is something we don't know that's going on here.There DEFINITELY is, I just have no idea what. But I got a VERY funny feeling about Lynch right now.

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Did I said Kevin Jones was actually here today? I said June was and Thomas, I don think Im the one who actually said that Jones is here right now?

Could have sworn yesterday somebody said Kevin Jones would be at OBD today and you said "yep". I'm not ripping you I'm just asking what the deal is with Jones.

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
There DEFINITELY is, I just have no idea what. But I got a VERY funny feeling about Lynch right now.

I hate to assume the worst but I have to here, because Lynch has given us nothing to make us think differently.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
chris browns blog said kevin jones would be at OBD today

raphael120
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Ill be very pissed if Lynch is cut or traded or if he's suspended for 8 games.

Remember, the commish came up with a new conduct policy and no matter if there is a conviction or not, if you have 3 incidents (which this would be his 3rd, right? (there was something before his hit and run wasnt there?, hit and run, recent gun/mary jane crap) Unless his recent issue counts as more than 1 incident.

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
chris browns blog said kevin jones would be at OBD today

Nope. He said another site has reported Jones will be at OBD today he never confirmed it.

mysticsoto
03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
11:25AM: Im starting to get the feeling there is something going on with Lynch, and more to it than the public knows.. This team is hell bent on getting a VET RB, and you don’t spend that kind of money on a guy who’s only going to play for 1-4 games to cover a suspension.<o:p></o:p>

Yeah, I wonder if they are looking to trade him:

Houston has wanted a stronger back to complement Slaton...But behind Owens (who we'd likely want in return) they don't have much...so they'd be force to draft a TE. Unless there is somebody they like to an extreme, drafting a TE high would make less sense than just drafting a larger RB. So this deal would be nice for Buffalo, but would not make sense for Houston.

KC on the other hand might want to start thinking of a long term replacement for Larry Johnson. And for now, that would supply them with a nice 1-2 punch that most teams seem to want now as well as keeping Johnson fresh throughout the season. Could be part of an exchange for their guard Waters which the Bills covet for LG. This would make sense for both sides. The Bills are stacked at RB and could afford to let Lynch go with Jackson coming to his own. Bring in a vet to back him up and leave either Omon or even pull Bruce Hall from the PS if they feel he's improved.

I think I prefer the Bills to give up draft picks to KC rather than lose Lynch. I think he's our best player on the team and with an in-shape Peters and a Guard like Waters alongside a better Center, I think Lynch and Jackson will be giving DCs ulcers!

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Nope. He said another site has reported Jones will be at OBD today he never confirmed it.

PFT reported in their rumor mill;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171113

Pat did reply with;

Yep

DBrown77
03-04-2009, 10:50 AM
PFT stated Kevin Jones would be here too

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I said it in another thread and I'll post it here....

I was talking with Kenny (the pinto guy) tonight and he said that he heard (trust me, he has lots of legit sources inside the team and stays at the team hotels each away game) that Marshawn Lynch got into another little problem in October (Apparently he got into a bar fight and punched some guy in the face and settled quickly with the guy, so it was kept out of the news). If that's the case, it would explain why the Bills are really pissed off about the latest issue.

1. Marshawn Lynch runs over a lady in Buffalo and somehow skates away, he must have given her a nice settlement. The bars nearby also state that Marshawn brings his own booze into the places and is an *******..... STRIKE 1

2. October 2007, gets into a scuffle at a bar in Buffalo and his lawyer keeps it hush as I'm sure someone got paid off..... STRIKE 2

3. Marshawn Lynch is seen sitting in a car with his homies and they are most likely smoking weed. He also has an unregistered, loaded gun with him, in the car..... STRIKE 3

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills are ready to move on, especially if they can get a 1st round draft pick.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170558&page=4

elltrain22
03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
I would just like to thank you Pat for always giving us heads up for this. I live and die w/ this team, and its much appreciated that you do all this work, just so we'll stay well informed.

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:55 AM
LOL, Ya think I sleep at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">One Bills Drive</st1:address></st1:Street> man or am roommates with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Brandon</st1:place></st1:City>?? LOL<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
You should be camped out in the parking lot today with your laptop, like that other time.... :D

Michael82
03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Chambers officially re-signs with the Bills - I thought this was already done but I just got the VTEXT now so maybe it wasnt official before?
:rofl: You gotta love the Bills and their announcements of player signings. It seems to be a week later each time. :D

EDS
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM

I beg to differ on McGee being a true #1 corner. He is more of a playmaker then Greer but in the grand scheme of things not significantly better, and Greer is clearly a #2 type of guy.

The Bills best hope is that McKelvin becomes the #1 guy.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Cato June would be a good addition at the right price. He's small--one reason the Colts let him walk rather than pay top dollar for him when he went to the Bucs--but, as Pat said, he was very productive at WLB for them.

Mitchell can play all three LB spots, but SLB might be his best spot. The Bills had him at WLB going into last season because they didn't want to move Crowell out of his spot and, when Crowell went down, didn't want to start shifting things around a lot right before the start of the season. But, with a whole offseason to set things, I could see them moving Mitchell to SLB, if they sign June. Ellison, who they have tendered, and DiGiorgio, who they have re-signed, would then be their two primary back-ups, just as they had planned last offseason.

Pat Thomas? Maybe they are bringing him in to give them leverage in negotiating with June.

Mike Peterson would represent what Perry Fewell referred to as a "last resort" or "Plan B" when he said that the Bills wouldn't be averse to moving Poz to OLB. He said that the Bills had talked about it and is was an option, but that it was not their first option. If the Bills can't get the guy that they want at OLB--June or Keiaho (I read last week that they had shown interest in him after the Colts cut him)--then they might be interested in signing Peterson and moving Poz to the outside (where Fewell said he would still be the signal caller on D).

I've never really understood the big facsination with Scheffler. I know he is a big target and has a big yards-per-catch since Cutler emerged as Denver's starting QB, but he disappeared a lot, even in that offense--40 and 49 catches in that wide-open offense, in games, just like R.Royal. While he may have better hands than Royal (I can't say that for sure), I don't see him being a better option than a number of the rookies that the Bills could potentially bring in through the draft. And, I'm not sure that I would want to give up what Denver might be wanting to get him.

Finally, as to Chris Brown: he basically said, straight-out, in an email, responding to one that I sent to him about how he handled the Stroud info last year, that he was often frustrated because there were things that he knew and wanted to report that he was not allowed to report by the team. He stated clearly that he was constrained by a team policy where they do not want any information about potential signings (where the team is negotiating with a player and may be on the verge of signing him) to appear on the team's website before the deal is complete (or the player has left without a deal being signed).

While he isn't necessarily happy with this policy and has been pushing the team to be more forthcoming with information, the reason the team is taking this position, he mentioned, is that they do not want rumors, speculation or any information that isn't finalized to be true to appear on the team's official website: if things fall through or something happens at the last minute, they don't want the official website to be left with "egg on its face" and they don't want it to get a bad reputation for being nothing more than a rumour-mill (IMHO they think that that's what messageboards are for).

It's not that Brown isn't trying or doesn't want to report the kinds of information that we wish that he would report--he told me that he and others in the Bills' offices do and will continue to push to do so as much as they can--but that the team has placed limitations on what they will allow him to report.

I didn't ask about it, but I have long suspected that Brown is sometimes fed mis-information to report when those in higher positions in personnel want to camoflage their intentions. This would not at all be surprising--nor should fans of the team be upset about it. It is something that NFL teams have done forever and continue to do--in NE the information lockdown is so complete that little, if any information, ever gets out of that team that B.Belichick has not specifically approved of and put out there for his own purposes. Information=Intelligence and you never want to give your rivals an edge in Intelligence in a competition.

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:04 AM
I wonder if the Bills will target Edge James if he is released by Arizona. ESPN is reporting he has asked to be released. It in the NFL Zone.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2838225#post2838225

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I wonder if they are looking to trade him:

Houston has wanted a stronger back to complement Slaton...But behind Owens (who we'd likely want in return) they don't have much...so they'd be force to draft a TE. Unless there is somebody they like to an extreme, drafting a TE high would make less sense than just drafting a larger RB. So this deal would be nice for Buffalo, but would not make sense for Houston.

KC on the other hand might want to start thinking of a long term replacement for Larry Johnson. And for now, that would supply them with a nice 1-2 punch that most teams seem to want now as well as keeping Johnson fresh throughout the season. Could be part of an exchange for their guard Waters which the Bills covet for LG. This would make sense for both sides. The Bills are stacked at RB and could afford to let Lynch go with Jackson coming to his own. Bring in a vet to back him up and leave either Omon or even pull Bruce Hall from the PS if they feel he's improved.

I think I prefer the Bills to give up draft picks to KC rather than lose Lynch. I think he's our best player on the team and with an in-shape Peters and a Guard like Waters alongside a better Center, I think Lynch and Jackson will be giving DCs ulcers!
Ive been following KC matters VERY closely.

BillsFanDew
03-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Does that mean there is something going on, but you are not confident in it enough to feel us in?

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Ive been following KC matters VERY closely.

KC is in the drivers seat on Waters, he's under contract and he has no leverage really. What's he going to do hold out? I dont see KC moving him unless they get a really good offer.

Mahdi
03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I dont see McGee as a #1 CB, he bites to easily on the double move, can be fooled by play action and his lack consistency kills me! #1 CB's are able to shut down opponents #1 WR and he has never shown a nack to do that. And I know we don't have a good pass rush but he gets beaten on short, intermediate, and deep routes when he's off. McGee would be a great #2 CB.
#1. McGee rarely gets beat deep. Miami game the exception and he was clearly hobbled. I can't even imagine where you get the idea that he gets beat a lot on double moves and if he does, once again, when an offense knows that they have time to throw they will use double moves all day because it's impossible to defend consistently.

#2. He gets beat on short routes when he plays "off" is a contradiction because naturally if you play off you will get beat on the short routes. The reason you said that is because of the convo we had yesterday on the same topic where I clearly explained why our CBs play off to begin with and the fact that the defense due to its shortcomings is designed to give up short plays and preventing the big ones. McGee does extremely well under the circumstances and if our DL looked anything like Minny's, NY's, or Indi's etc. he would look like a #1 CB.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 11:23 AM
12:20PM: I’ve just been told that the media has been alerted to be prepared for a 4pm briefing. That doesn’t mean we’ve just signed anyone. It could be just to announce the official signing of Chambers, and to perhaps make June and/of Foster available to the media. I have no word on Kevin Jones, but I did hear that Pat Thomas is also in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> now.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:26 AM
#1. McGee rarely gets beat deep. Miami game the exception and he was clearly hobbled. I can't even imagine where you get the idea that he gets beat a lot on double moves and if he does, once again, when an offense knows that they have time to throw they will use double moves all day because it's impossible to defend consistently.

#2. He gets beat on short routes when he plays "off" is a contradiction because naturally if you play off you will get beat on the short routes. The reason you said that is because of the convo we had yesterday on the same topic where I clearly explained why our CBs play off to begin with and the fact that the defense due to its shortcomings is designed to give up short plays and preventing the big ones. McGee does extremely well under the circumstances and if our DL looked anything like Minny's, NY's, or Indi's etc. he would look like a #1 CB.

Yea we know you blame the DL, we've got that. That doesnt excuse his inconsistent play.

Can you name one time where he completely shut down an opposing teams #1 WR? And not some crappy WR like in Oakland where their #1 isnt worth a #3 on another team but a true good WR. But I know, you'll just blame the pass rush again. Its a built in excuse for this guy, every other CB played well despite on our team but for McGee its obviously the reason.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
i would think they will probably introduce june. if they want him they can easily have him. we are one of the few teams that requires his specific skill set at LB with an opening and foster will take any offer given to him probably, i mean he is nothing special. june would be a very, very nice signing though. maybe coles will be introduced LOL!!!

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
12:27PM: Ewww.. I just saw part of the Bills release on the signing of Chambers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“The Buffalo Bills are pleased to announce that offensive lineman Kirk Chambers has been resigned. Kirk played well as a starter at both tackle and guard last season, and the organization likes his versatility on the offensive line. Kirk will get an opportunity to be a major contributor to the team going forward in 2009 and beyond.”<o:p></o:p>
No salary information was made public. (sorry, Clump)<o:p></o:p>
Please don’t tell me if you read between the lines that this means he’s going to be in line to possibly start at left guard.<o:p></o:p>

T-Long
03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
didn't he re-sign last week?

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 11:29 AM
saw that coming a mile away bro. LOL!!! w are going to draft a Center/Guard in the draft and let him split time with chambers and hangartner. i sure hope they know what they are doing, neither of those moves are upgrades at all!

DraftBoy
03-04-2009, 11:30 AM
12:27PM: Ewww.. I just saw part of the Bills release on the signing of Chambers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“The Buffalo Bills are pleased to announce that offensive lineman Kirk Chambers has been resigned. Kirk played well as a starter at both tackle and guard last season, and the organization likes his versatility on the offensive line. Kirk will get an opportunity to be a major contributor to the team going forward in 2009 and beyond.”<o:p></o:p>
Please don’t tell me if you read between the lines that this means he’s going to be in line to possibly start at left guard.<o:p></o:p>

I swear to god if that is what happens I will drive up to OBD myself from Atlanta to kick Russ Brandon in the nuts.

casdhf
03-04-2009, 11:31 AM
If Chambers plays well enough to earn a spot at LG, I see nothing wrong with starting him there. Fortunately, I don't see him playing well enough to earn a spot at LG.

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I guarantee Chambers will not be the LG.

casdhf
03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
:hi5:

Michael82
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh God! That sounds like he's our next LG. I hope they at least bring Simmons in to try to win the job. :pray:

bigbub2352
03-04-2009, 11:38 AM

i agree with u pat, that is exactly what it sounds like, i am sorry but chambers is not the answer at Guard he is a a great backup like Marcus Price was for us
But we need a true Guard especially on the left side with a right handed QB

Dont get cheap on the Oline it is what makes the offense go learn from ur mistakes with Dockery and get a proven vet in here like Simmons or Waters ala trade or draft a kid in the 3rd round or something

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>12:46PM: Kevin Jones is in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> as well as Foster.<o:p></o:p>
</o:p>

raphael120
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
How big do you think it will be if Cato Junes signs? Out of all the FA visits today, I think June is the biggest priority and I'd be ecstatic if he signs with us.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
How big do you think it will be if Cato Junes signs? Out of all the FA visits today, I think June is the biggest priority and I'd be ecstatic if he signs with us.
he's an upgrade, and he's probably the most notable OLB they will look at.. So other than the draft he's our best shot at upgrading the position. He's not going to have a huge impact, but he'll make more plays than Ellison.

Then again you made as many plays as Ellison last year.

T-Long
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I would rather have Petersen and move Posz to OLB, but either way, I will be very happy

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Coles is still our biggest priority. Just because we're not hearing news on him doesn't mean we're not interested in anymore.. It's a game, and the Bills know it.

Coles will explore if he can get paid more somewhere else, and if that falls through I still expect him here.

The fact that Minnesota hasn't as of yet (to my knowledge anyway) contacted him could bode well for us.

I'm not giving up on Coles, I'm just not talking about him. . Because he's very easy to make someone reporting info look like a ******.

and it doesnt help that we have a 'mum's the word" GM.

Griz78
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Pat, sorry to beat a dead horse but anything else on Crowell and why nothing came about the last couple of days or since you last said talks broke off before Free Agency? To me, he'd be teh best fit unless he is still hurt.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
I would rather have Petersen and move Posz to OLB, but either way, I will be very happy
So would I.. But I think he ends up in Atlanta.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Per PFT, Mike Nugent signs with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Tampa</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>.. I said last week the Bills had an interest.. I couldn’t tell you one college kicker from another, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we draft at some point, if for no other reason than to push Lindell. Jauron wasn’t pleased with his performance last year and I’ve been told that several times.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Pat, sorry to beat a dead horse but anything else on Crowell and why nothing came about the last couple of days or since you last said talks broke off before Free Agency? To me, he'd be teh best fit unless he is still hurt.
The only thing I've heard is that Tampa is interested in him and is working on bringing him in.. I'd have to predict that's where he ends up.

June and Thomas here shows me Buffalo is done with Crowell. Unlike Greer, who they did attempt to sign, the Bills haven't offered Crowell anything.

mysticsoto
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
We should be able to sign Coles and Cato and still get Peters contract done, right? I don't see why it was said that if we get Coles we're done in FA...

Throne Logic
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Dockery may not have been worth his paycheck, but he was still better than anything we currently have - including Chambers.

I understand why they cut him. However, logic says not to cut a starter until you have a replacement lined up.

I don't want to hear about the roster bonus. Why structure the contract that way in the first place. You designed half the contract, so why set it up to put yourself into the position of having to cut a starter for nothing in return? Dumb.

Slim
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
God. I'm so sick of Coles, just sign here already.

Lone Stranger
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
I believe the Bills are proceding prudently. They are signing free agents who are available and can help. At some point they will run out of money(and they have to save some for Peters) and then say goodbye to whom else is out there. And then Coles can go back to NY(if they have $ left). I think Coles is playing a dangerous game but then there is his big ego.

Mahdi
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Yea we know you blame the DL, we've got that. That doesnt excuse his inconsistent play.

Can you name one time where he completely shut down an opposing teams #1 WR? And not some crappy WR like in Oakland where their #1 isnt worth a #3 on another team but a true good WR. But I know, you'll just blame the pass rush again. Its a built in excuse for this guy, every other CB played well despite on our team but for McGee its obviously the reason.
Uhhh.. Which CB was that on our team that played well? Greer got torched WAY more than McGee... and you can call it an excuse all you want its the facts of football. No pass rush = completion.

trapezeus
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
two items i noticed from the posts above

1. we have a GM?
2. getting someone to push lindell (out the door) would be magical. Perhaps we can attempt FG over 40 yards and still have the ones under 40 yards remain automatic.

ct bills fan
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Looks like Coles to Cinci possibly

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7541

raphael120
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
he's an upgrade, and he's probably the most notable OLB they will look at.. So other than the draft he's our best shot at upgrading the position. He's not going to have a huge impact, but he'll make more plays than Ellison.

Then again you made as many plays as Ellison last year.

FINALLY someone notices. I did have some pretty sweet moves when I was rushing to the bathroom at the Ralph last season.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Looks like Coles to Cinci possibly

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7541

If Coles goes to the Bengals over the Bills, us being even more of a garbage franchise is imminent.

don137
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
If Coles goes to the Bengals over the Bills, us being even more of a garbage franchise is imminent.

Nothing is certain that he is going to Cincinnati however if he does I will wait to see the details of the contract before I cast judgement on the Bills. It's not like Coles wanted to be here. He just wanted to go to the highest bidder.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Dang.
It does look like Buffalo is out of it, and Coles is about to sign with the Bengals.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
I said it before that Dockery was a long term mistake under Marv. His play has gone south significantly in the two years with us.

Besides, you can't pay everyone big time money on the O-Line. I suspect that this year the highest money are going to shift properly from LG to LT.

I still believe they are going to find a vet guard for the LG spot for a year or two gap while drafting a young one.

And I can't understand the buzzing around Coles. The Jets happily cut him for a modest $6 mil salary and no one other than the Bills and the Bangles (last minute look) are interested in bringing him in for a look. What does that tell you? To be perfectly honest, I'm content to go with the youngsters Johnson and Hardy. It's not like we are on the crust of a superbowl. Let Trent develop with the young ones.

Slim
03-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Dang.
It does look like Buffalo is out of it, and Coles is about to sign with the Bengals.

Did you hear this somwhere or did you read this off rotoworld as well?

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:40 PM
It's not just on rotoworld.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
the Bills have't commented on Coles in days.. and now this..

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7542

Slim
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
It's not just on rotoworld.

I've heard the "imminent" move thing.

ddaryl
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
And I can't understand the buzzing around Coles. The Jets happily cut him for a modest $6 mil salary and no one other than the Bills and the Bangles (last minute look) are interested in bringing him in for a look. What does that tell you? To be perfectly honest, I'm content to go with the youngsters Johnson and Hardy. It's not like we are on the crust of a superbowl. Let Trent develop with the young ones.

Jets did not cut him.. Coles had the option and took the release I do believe

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Coles would've helped, nobody can deny that.

having said that.. I'd like to see them turn their attention to Toomer.. I really think a crafty #2 who knows how to get open and make clutch catches is a huge lift for Edwards.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Coles would've helped, nobody can deny that.

having said that.. I'd like to see them turn their attention to Toomer.. I really think a crafty #2 who knows how to get open and make clutch catches is a huge lift for Edwards.

I agree, but he doesn't want to come here. No one other than rejects, has beens, and never-will-be's want to come to Buffalo anymore.

Jon

Griz78
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
If you want to look on the bright side, at least he is gone from the Jets so they have one WR and a TE on offense. Teams will probably stack the box on Thomas Jones.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Jim Leonhard had a press conference and is REALLY looking forward to facing the Bills.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-18/Jets-safety-Leonhard-already-eager-to-face-Bills.html

streetkings01
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Coles is one more concussion away from hanging with Wayne Chrebet!

ghz in pittsburgh
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Jets did not cut him.. Coles had the option and took the release I do believe

It still does not change the fact that the Jets having no indication of even TRYING to bring him back. You'd think they know him the best. Nor the Redskins who decided to go with a career #3 Nate Washington instead of even talking to Coles.

For the Bills, Coles is not a good complement to Evans. Hardy and Johnson are - if we give them a chance to grow.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Jim Leonhard had a press conference and is REALLY looking forward to facing the Bills.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-18/Jets-safety-Leonhard-already-eager-to-face-Bills.html

Why not? Two guaranteed wins for him.

Jon

EDS
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
If you want to look on the bright side, at least he is gone from the Jets so they have one WR and a TE on offense. Teams will probably stack the box on Thomas Jones.

Well, as of right now, the Bills have one WR and no TE on offense, so the Jets are still ahead of the Bills.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Why not? Two guaranteed wins for him.

Jon

leonhard is someone that should have never been let go. he did everything that was asked of him and he was a productive player when given chances, honestly that should just be one more strike against jauron for letting him get away, especially with our safety needs! he really could of come into his own after a full off season and training camp with all first team reps and then a full 16 games starting under his belt, this one is our loss.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
any news on what the press conference is for pat? hopefully they are smart and instead of announcing that coles chose cinci over us (which is a joke in itself) they announce june coming to terms and florence together.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
at least attempt to off set the fact that we lost out to the bengals on coles.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
any news on what the press conference is for pat? hopefully they are smart and instead of announcing that coles chose cinci over us (which is a joke in itself) they announce june coming to terms and florence together.
I think that Cato June and DeShaun Foster are going to meet the media later today. Doesnt mean one or either have signed though.

THATHURMANATOR
03-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I would like both players.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
of cource, because we have to low ball them and then let them go to other visits to get our offer beat and only if we are the ONLY offer do they sign. we know the deal :)

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I would like both players.
i would love june, foster is what he is, a backup RB.

Thurmal
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
i would love june, foster is what he is, a backup RB.

I think Foster would've had several years as a starter in this league had he not been so injury-prone.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
YOu can look at the Coles signing this way... With Coles in Cinci and TJ in Seattle, that makes two teams drafting ahead of Buffalo no longer in the market for a WR. Crabtree could end up being there, or at least falling far enough that would could make a mini move up to get him (if we so choose)

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:15 PM
BTW,
I know NOTHING about Coles right now, I'm reading along like everybody else.. OBD isn't talking about ANYTHING right now from what I'm being told.

I dont even know Coles is signed with Cinci, I'm just assuming like the rest of us.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
YOu can look at the Coles signing this way... With Coles in Cinci and TJ in Seattle, that makes two teams drafting ahead of Buffalo no longer in the market for a WR. Crabtree could end up being there, or at least falling far enough that would could make a mini move up to get him (if we so choose)

That's a nice story to tell... but Russ Brandon will **** it up. We'll draft the second coming of Donte Whitner instead. Someone who should've gone about pick 25...

Jon

Slim
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM

We better pray like **** that michael johnson is there in the 2nd round then. Crabtree of Maclin will be on the board when we pick.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Isn't the knock on Michael Johnson that he mails it in half the time?

Jon

ct bills fan
03-04-2009, 01:20 PM
I've watched a lot of Giants games i nthe last few years (CT based) and I honestly don't believe Toomer would be an upgrade from what we have.

patmoran2006
We better pray like **** that michael johnson is there in the 2nd round then. Crabtree of Maclin will be on the board when we pick.Maclin I'd bet money on.. Crabtree, prolly not but not impossible like I thought a month ago. Besides the Raiders at 7, who's going to draft him; without it being a team that moves up from behind Buffalo do to it?

Slim
Isn't the knock on Michael Johnson that he mails it in half the time?

Jon

Thats what people say. Draftboy disagrees with it though. He has as much or more upside than any other de in the draft easy.

Slim
03-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Maclin I'd bet money on.. Crabtree, prolly not but not impossible like I thought a month ago. Besides the Raiders at 7, who's going to draft him; without it being a team that moves up from behind Buffalo do to it?

I can see Davis going Maclin before Crabtree. Davis is a numbers guy. I wouldn't be suprised at all.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Perhaps. I haven't seen much of the guy. I just saw a report on it a few days ago and it rang a bell when you mentioned his name.

Jon

Slim
Maclin I'd bet money on.. Crabtree, prolly not but not impossible like I thought a month ago. Besides the Raiders at 7, who's going to draft him; without it being a team that moves up from behind Buffalo do to it?

The niners need wideouts. I live in Sacramento and the niners are the main team here, and everything in the paper has them going OT.

Mudflap1
I've watched a lot of Giants games i nthe last few years (CT based) and I honestly don't believe Toomer would be an upgrade from what we have.

I agree. His stats are less then overwhelming the last couple of years (on a good team).

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#003155><TD colSpan=20>Receiving Stats</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>FD</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LOST</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1996</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>12.0</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1997</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>263</TD><TD>16.4</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1998</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>13.3</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1999</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>79</TD><TD>1183</TD><TD>15.0</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2000</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>1094</TD><TD>14.0</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2001</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>1054</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2002</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>1343</TD><TD>16.4</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2003</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>1057</TD><TD>16.8</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>747</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>684</TD><TD>11.4</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>11.3</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>760</TD><TD>12.9</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>580</TD><TD>12.1</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>668</TD><TD>9497</TD><TD>14.2</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>476</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Slim
03-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree. His stats are less then overwhelming (on a good team).

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#003155><TD colSpan=20>Receiving Stats</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>FD</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LOST</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1996</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>12.0</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1997</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>263</TD><TD>16.4</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>1998</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>13.3</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>1999</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>79</TD><TD>1183</TD><TD>15.0</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2000</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>1094</TD><TD>14.0</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2001</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>1054</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2002</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>1343</TD><TD>16.4</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2003</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>63</TD><TD>1057</TD><TD>16.8</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>747</TD><TD>14.6</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>684</TD><TD>11.4</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>360</TD><TD>11.3</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>59</TD><TD>760</TD><TD>12.9</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=left>NYG</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>580</TD><TD>12.1</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>668</TD><TD>9497</TD><TD>14.2</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>476</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He's a slight upgrade from Reed IMHO.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Another WR off the market.. Just got word Devery Henderson is resigning with the Saints.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Slim
03-04-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm not a big Henderson fan anyways.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 01:28 PM
He's a slight upgrade from Reed IMHO.

Perhaps. I like Reed, he can play the slot still. But Toomer is no savior.

Jon

The Spaz
03-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Another WR off the market.. Just got word Devery Henderson is resigning with the Saints.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Fast but not a consistent receiver like we need.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
henderson has the most value for the saints because the only passes he catches are over 25 yards and really there is only one offense in the NFL that throws more that 3 or 4 balls over 25 yards. he is a burner, but he cant go over the middle and he is brittle so he isnt taking big hits.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
if there was ever a situational reciever he is it. the only time he is in the game is on deep outs, go routes, deep curls, and deep posts. you will never see henderson run a quick slant LOL!

Tatonka
03-04-2009, 01:33 PM
yeah thats an old pic, lol.
From when I covered the Sabres for Buffalo Sports Report.. Like 2002 I think.

you look totally different than i thought you would. i dont mean that in a bad way.. i was kinda picturing someone looking like Mark Weiler.

:rockon:

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 01:33 PM
do the bills have a plan at WR or what?

Im a huge Johnson fan, I talk to him a few times a week, but based on what I saw last year the bills have no intention of letting him earn it or have the playing time he deserves...so they better get someone who can start or this offense will continue to be dreadful!

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
why not Engram?

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
do the bills have a plan at WR or what?

Im a huge Johnson fan, I talk to him a few times a week, but based on what I saw last year the bills have no intention of letting him earn it or have the playing time he deserves...so they better get someone who can start or this offense will continue to be dreadful!
They have/had a plan its about executing it.

Im sure with Coles they went up to a certain number. ANything else they move to Plan B.

Im sure the Bills would like a #2 to be able to move Reed to the slot. Trent needs more help, the team acknowledges it.

I don't know what they do next. Toomer? Hackett? Maybe an old guy for a year like Engram?

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:37 PM
there is no way they can just get a rookie TE and that is the only upgrade to the offense. that isnt enough. and deshawn foster wont do anything for the offense in his 4 or 5 carries at most a game.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
the only bad thing about toomer is he is josh reed only 4 inches taller. he can get open in zone coverage but he is slow and wont get separation.

Slim
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
(Gut Feeling)- Coles will still be a FA at the end of the day.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
2:40PM: I think the Bills have offered Cato June a contract. I sent out a message asking about him, and I got a two word text back “they offered”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I got a feeling June and Foster are both signing today, but I’m starting to get gunshy.. I don’t want to get bold in here, especially after this Coles’ stuff. At this rate, I’ll be like the tard’ who posted the Bills signed Coles last night.<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
(Gut Feeling)- Coles will still be a FA at the end of the day.
nah.

Slim
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
2:40PM: I think the Bills have offered Cato June a contract. I sent out a message asking about him, and I got a two word text back “they offered”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I got a feeling June and Foster are both signing today, but I’m starting to get gunshy.. I don’t want to get bold in here, especially after this Coles’ stuff. At this rate, I’ll be like the tard’ who posted the Bills signed Coles last night.<o:p></o:p>

If we sign June, whats the point of bringing in Peterson...

Peterson will end up in ATL with his Smith.

T-Long
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Pat don't worry about what anyone says. You are the reason this site has been blowing up the past week. You told us everything you got concerning Coles. Did it get everyone excited? Absolutely. But you have never said that they were signing him for sure...just what you were getting from sources.

Let's hope you're right with June and Foster. That would be a huge day for us.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 01:45 PM
They offered AKA we low balled him and now he's off to sign with a real team. But at least he got to see Niagara Falls.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-04-2009, 01:46 PM

I hope pat, I really want Coles and I believe another starting LBer is bigger priority than a number 2 wr for us anyways (we need a dominant D to even sniff the playoffs). If we lose out on Coles I'd love for us to shift our focus towards Sean Jones and Tank Johnson then.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:46 PM
nah.

i am praying we can add June, he would be such a solid addition and it would quiet down the fans as well. he is a solid player and former pro bowler, and if we get him for 3-4 years with him only being 29 we could have a real solid LB core for the next 3 years. and with digorgio and ellison as backups, i could handle that. it would be awesome to see us sign kendall simmons as well. he hasnt been on any other visits that i can find, and i know he would come reasonably cheap.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-04-2009, 01:47 PM
They offered AKA we low balled him and now he's off to sign with a real team. But at least he got to see Niagara Falls.

You got that right we lowball everyone including Hangatner would got a weak 15 million. It could possible be Coles is really looking for 8 mil a season and that is too much.

Slim
03-04-2009, 01:48 PM
i am praying we can add June, he would be such a solid addition and it would quiet down the fans as well. he is a solid player and former pro bowler, and if we get him for 3-4 years with him only being 29 we could have a real solid LB core for the next 3 years. and with digorgio and ellison as backups, i could handle that. it would be awesome to see us sign kendall simmons as well. he hasnt been on any other visits that i can find, and i know he would come reasonably cheap.

Sean Jones would make me forget about Coles.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
sean jones actually is feasable. if sharper signs with the saints (as expected), and jermaine phillips stays and signs in SD we could end up getting jones for a reasonable deal. jones doesnt have a ton of interest from anyone right now.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
hey pat what are the chances of june being introduced at 3 PM media conference today?

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
i still think we should give stevie a shot, but because he is unproven and i have no faith in the bills to let him have a shot, we need a vet over there who can play and hopefully help him develop to earn the spot in the future.

What about Engram now? I am sure there are others who can step in and play while reed goes in the slot with Johnson.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Why we suck:

We've been trying to find someone to play aside Lee Evans since Moulds left....and that waaaaasss what...05?

FAIL!

DBrown77
03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
i still think we should give stevie a shot, but because he is unproven and i have no faith in the bills to let him have a shot, we need a vet over there who can play and hopefully help him develop to earn the spot in the future.

What about Engram now? I am sure there are others who can step in and play while reed goes in the slot with Johnson.

I agree Johnson should get a shot like everyone else. A lot of people here think we should pass on a #2 WR, but is anyone confident making Johnson a #2 WR when he had 10 catches for 100 yards last year?

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
i dont think johnson should be the #2 based on his 10 catches, but my point is the bills have not addressed it in years and expected hardy, a raw rookie to take it...and he cannot be expected to do it again.

Johnson played better and was given far less opportunities, even after the season was over when playoffs were done. Johnson should have played more last season which could have helped answer the #2 question at least a little. Now we are left with coles, holt, toomer, harrison, reed, or another rookie taking it...or more of the same old garbage offense we have had for years.

Its been years since they had a #2...and its gonna be more I fear.

OpIv37
03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Why we suck:

We've been trying to find someone to play aside Lee Evans since Moulds left....and that waaaaasss what...05?

FAIL!

Let's not forget:

We've been trying to find someone to play QB since Jim Kelly left in 1997.

We've been trying to find someone to play TE since Pete Metzalaars left so long ago that I can't even remember the year.

We've been trying to find someone to play DE since Bruce Smith left in 1999.

We've been trying to find someone to play DT since Pat Williams left in '05.

It's amazing that a team that's been rebuilding for a decade can still have so many holes.

patmoran2006
3:02PM: We are now formally in contract talks with DeShaun Foster, I’ve just been told.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
Let's not forget:

We've been trying to find someone to play QB since Jim Kelly left in 1997.

We've been trying to find someone to play TE since Pete Metzalaars left so long ago that I can't even remember the year.

We've been trying to find someone to play DE since Bruce Smith left in 1999.

We've been trying to find someone to play DT since Pat Williams left in '05.

It's amazing that a team that's been rebuilding for a decade can still have so many holes.
It's called a mediocre front office. It can't be made more simple than that.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Still no word on if anyone is going to be made available to the media today. There were rumblings about something at 4pm, but nothing since.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
3:02PM: We are now formally in contract talks with DeShaun Foster, I’ve just been told.<o:p></o:p>

are we with june as well? or has that already been done in our offer that was submitted to him?

T-Long
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
yeah what about June

DBrown77
03-04-2009, 02:09 PM
3:02PM: We are now formally in contract talks with DeShaun Foster, I’ve just been told.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> I Was worried about this. Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams were drafted to replace this guy. He does a one year stint in SF and sucks. I hope he would be #3, but if this is a replacement for Lynch (suspension, trade, etc.) we're in trouble. He only lasted in Carolina so long because John Fox is too loyal to his players. (see Delhomme, Ken Lucas)

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:10 PM
im not concerned about RB, i want LB, WR, DE, TE.....why are we worrying about RB right now...those guys will still be out there 3 weeks from now!

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
why foster? Jackon, Foster, Omon till lynch comes back?

shelby
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxv-wB2bCxs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxv-wB2bCxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:12 PM
are we with june as well? or has that already been done in our offer that was submitted to him?

both, i was curious if we are formally in negotiations or have we already extended an offer to him? and do you think he will sign today seeing that our team is really the only team that plays the tampa 2 (the only D he really can play LB in) that has a starting opening.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I dont think Foster is a big deal either way. He'll be last year's Xavier's Odom on Sunday, aside from the games Lynch misses with suspension (if any).

On a pathetic note.. IF we sign Foster or any vet RB and they make the team, it is yet another horrible draft pick by the FO. that would mean Odom would be gone after 1 year, just like Wright was the year before.

Our drafting is just flat out not good enough.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:13 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxv-wB2bCxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

good stuff! :band:

Thurmal
03-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Let's not forget:

What's great about our FO is that Riemersma had a couple of good years, but they let him go after a year when he was one of the top-two leaders in receptions on the team.

The other leader? Larry Centers, who made a Pro Bowl as a Bill. He was also let go that year.

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
and they want us to believe we can fill those other needs by drafting? How many players last year contributed? Leodis! Stevie started to till they took him out.

Give me a break.

T-Long
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Most teams can build through the draft, but I guess our team now builds through Free Agency

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
I am becoming more and more convinced everyday that there is more to Lynch than meets the eye right now.

Either he's facing a longer suspension than we think; or this team sees him as another pacman jones.. There has to be something to it that we're trying to sign vet RB's when we got a GREAT backup in Fred Jackson, who's capable of starting.

Slim
03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Still hearing nothing about Coles?

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:22 PM
so were planning on starting freddy and letting foster take the #2

T-Long
03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Lynch is and will always be the starter until his contract is up or he is released/traded. If he is suspended, Jackson and Foster will split carries...and byebye to Omon

Slim
03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
so were planning on starting freddy and letting foster take the #2

While Lynch is suspended. Unless theres more to this than meets the eye.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I think Marshanwn is hear next year but one gaffe he's gone. That's just my feeling, with his recent run in Marshawn's value is not to good.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 02:25 PM
3:25pm: You know, this is why a lot of writers don’t spend time on message boards.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Don’t get me wrong, I’m no “real” writer. But its getting really frustrating.<o:p></o:p>
You want to report stuff, people want you to report stuff, but there isn’t anything to report! Then it gets to a point that you end up reporting something and it doesn’t end up accurate, then you look like a ******…… Now, all of a sudden I’m hearing that Cato June might not be signed. 15 minutes ago, I was almost ready to report that he has signed with the Bills.<o:p></o:p>
Cato June isn’t Patrick Willis, but that’s not the freegin point. I honest to Christ have no idea what this organization is doing anymore. <o:p></o:p>

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:27 PM
and people wonder why bills fans have begun to not care.

patmoran2006
While Lynch is suspended. Unless theres more to this than meets the eye.
Exactly.. Dont you think we're spending a lot of time and resources on a guy who at best is going to be the #3 RB on this team for 75% of the upcoming season or more?

We should have a pair of guards or a pair of wide receivers in town right now, not RB's.

I'm telling you.. Something weird is going on.

jimbohastle51
3:25pm: You know, this is why a lot of writers don’t spend time on message boards.<o:p></o:p>
Don’t get me wrong, I’m no “real” writer. But its getting really frustrating.<o:p></o:p>
You want to report stuff, people want you to report stuff, but there isn’t anything to report! Then it gets to a point that you end up reporting something and it doesn’t end up accurate, then you look like a ******…… Now, all of a sudden I’m hearing that Cato June might not be signed. 15 minutes ago, I was almost ready to report that he has signed with the Bills.<o:p></o:p>
Cato June isn’t Patrick Willis, but that’s not the freegin point. I honest to Christ have no idea what this organization is doing anymore. <o:p></o:p>

did you here what a potential hold up could be? i think they'll get it done.

homeslice5484
on to mike peterson

mysticsoto
03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
I dont think Foster is a big deal either way. He'll be last year's Xavier's Odom on Sunday, aside from the games Lynch misses with suspension (if any).

On a pathetic note.. IF we sign Foster or any vet RB and they make the team, it is yet another horrible draft pick by the FO. that would mean Odom would be gone after 1 year, just like Wright was the year before.

Our drafting is just flat out not good enough.

LOL! I realize the guy hasn't impressed you much (nor anyone for that matter) but his name is Omon, not Odom.

jimbohastle51
maybe they are going to trade marshawn for owen daniels and get rid of the head aches? i hope not but either they think he is getting suspended for 4-8 games or they have a trade in place. they wont release him so those are the only 2 options.

patmoran2006
did you here what a potential hold up could be? i think they'll get it done. I've heard NOTHING.. About a hour ago I didn't just hear, but I was TOLD that a deal was just about done. About 20 minutes ago I asked if I could run with it on the record, and 2 minutes later i was told "no, unless you want to risk looking stupid"

bigbub2352
03-04-2009, 02:30 PM
3:25pm: You know, this is why a lot of writers don’t spend time on message boards.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

thanks alot for the effort Pat
June would be a nice Stop gap would allow us to concentrate on pass rush and TE
i think signing Foster or Jones is also solid and so would Thomas
he is better depth than Corto and Costanzo and Ellison

T-Long
03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
jesus.....here we go

Slim
I've heard NOTHING.. About a hour ago I didn't just hear, but I was TOLD that a deal was just about done. About 20 minutes ago I asked if I could run with it on the record, and 2 minutes later i was told "no, unless you want to risk looking stupid"

So your saying theres a chance.

jimbohastle51
I've heard NOTHING.. About a hour ago I didn't just hear, but I was TOLD that a deal was just about done. About 20 minutes ago I asked if I could run with it on the record, and 2 minutes later i was told "no, unless you want to risk looking stupid"

they are probably still working out incentives or signing bonus or such, you know he'll get more than back up money.

Mudflap1
03-04-2009, 02:32 PM

Pat, you said that you were told the Bills "offered" a deal to June. Well, maybe he just flat-out rejected it? Or said "I'll think about it" and left.

(sigh)

Jon

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I dont know.
its almost like the Bills cant GIVE their money away right now?

Slim
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I dont know.

Thats horrible.

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
players dont wanna come here and play for Father Jauron? I thought they all loved him. He takes care of them and changes their diapers.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I dont know.

i think this one they'll get done. the reason is because they dont have anyone! to fill it. with receivers they can get by, and they are going to draft a TE weather we want them to or not as well as a DE, the have to have a starting outside LB.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I dont know.

your doing your best man, they'll get it done. like i said its probably finalizing things about bonus or guaranteed money and what not.

raphael120
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Well I tell you what, signing a bunch of backups isn't going to make our crappy starters play better.

We need STARTERS and June would've been that.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
This sux if we can't sign June we're really worst than I thought we were. I just don't see Cato getting that much attention around the except maybe back at Indy. I hope we sign this dude.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
This sux if we can't sign June we're really worst than I thought we were. I just don't see Cato getting that much attention around the except maybe back at Indy. I hope we sign this dude.

thats the thing, there isnt another starting job for him. the colts gave the last of there money to jeff saturday and had to cut marvin harrison to do it. they gave hayden that huge extension and resigned saturday they have there rookie signing money and thats it.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2838716 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost> #1 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2838716&postcount=1) http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/MSNStyle/images/buttons_msn/reputation.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/reputation.php?p=2838716)
<!-- status icon and date -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/stealth/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 03:40 PM <!-- controls --> Fork (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newthread.php?fork=1&do=newthread&p=2838716) | Edit/Delete Message (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2838716) | Reply With Quote (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2838716) | Quick reply to this post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2838716) http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/stealth/misc/mq_img_off.gif <!-- / controls --><!-- / status icon and date -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>patmoran2006 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=6228) #6228<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2838716", true); </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap><!-- icon and title -->Coles About To Sign With Bengals </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2838716><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->3:37pm: I’m told by someone in the know that L. Coles is signing with the Bengals
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

methos4ever
I thought this was the fa thread and not everything about the Bills suck thread?

Pat, I think we all appreciate what you do and how you report - good job!

Griz78
I don't think there are many other places Cato June can play besides Buffalo and Indy. I think we can get him.

Slim
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2838716 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost> #1 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2838716&postcount=1) http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/MSNStyle/images/buttons_msn/reputation.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/reputation.php?p=2838716)
<!-- status icon and date -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/stealth/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 03:40 PM <!-- controls --> Fork (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newthread.php?fork=1&do=newthread&p=2838716) | Edit/Delete Message (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2838716) | Reply With Quote (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2838716) | Quick reply to this post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2838716) http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/stealth/misc/mq_img_off.gif <!-- / controls --><!-- / status icon and date -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>patmoran2006 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=6228) #6228<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2838716", true); </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap><!-- icon and title -->Coles About To Sign With Bengals </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2838716><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->3:37pm: I’m told by someone in the know that L. Coles is signing with the Bengals
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The thousands of times i clicked the refresh button was for nothing.

BillsFanDew
Please get June!!!!

T-Long
**** Coles. If that bastard signs with them....ugh

Slim
03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
If this is true, i'm going to be really curious to what his contract number are...

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't think there are many other places Cato June can play besides Buffalo and Indy. I think we can get him.

i agree, because indy cant afford him. come on we all know polian, he'll draft 2 LB's in the 5th and 6th round and they will start and be good, they do it every year.

WeAreArthurMoates
We need STARTERS and June would've been that.

If he plays the weakside not only would he be a starter but he would an upgrade over Mitchell.

homeslice5484
let coles go....if the bills are smart they will find a true #2 through trade. Let Stevie have a shot at it if they cant find one....drafting another is not the answer for this season...they got themselves into this mess.

patmoran2006
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I could care less about Coles now.
I care about Cato June getting DONE now that he's been here.

Bills Juggernaut
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Didn't think Coles was a good fit anyways and never really wanted him here, especially not for the money he wanted.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I could care less about Coles now.
I care about Cato June getting DONE now that he's been here.

i agree. he'll get done, they KNOW they cant let him walk, there is no plan B to not signing him. the only other plan is overpaying mike peterson and moving poz outside which may or may not work.. they have to wrap this one up.

jimbohastle51
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
we can find another receiver. pay toomer something for 1 year and let johnson and hardy get alittle more work than they would have gotten if coles signed.

homeslice5484
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
im done with coles, the bills just have to be smart when they pick their #2 WR...get a good tight end and you can have a younger #2 over there developing....use more 4 WR sets or something....

They just keep signing backups. I remember reading online an expert say quite a few players on this bills team wouldnt be playing in the NFL if it wasnt for Jauron. Why stop now?

Bone
03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I bet we sign Deshaun Foster and Pat Thomas today.

I rather have Mike Peterson over Cato June.