PDA

View Full Version : My THursday FA Thread

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 06:55 AM
7:50AM

Jabari Greer's deal with New Orleans is for $23-million over 4 years, with $10-million guaranteed. I'm at least mildly surprised Buffalo didn't resign him at this rate. That's not a lot to have two starters locked up long term (McKelvin the other). There is little doubt McGee will cost a whole lot more next offseason, so unless Drayton Florence is good enough to start in 2010, Buffalo will be in the market for a corner once again next winter.

* Robert Royal got $10-million over 4 years (same exact deal he got in Buffalo in 2006), and $6-million is guaranteed. You have fun with that, Cleveland.

* No word on Cato June as of late last night, but I have to think if the Bills really want him (I don't know yet) that he's ours. Truth is, unlike a lot of other LB's in Free agency, June is specific to the Bills scheme. There's only a handful of teams that use this kind of defense. He's already been cut from Tampa and Indianapolis. Chicago is not likely to pursue him. Kansas City is in full blown rebuild mode. I think for June it would be the Bills who would give him the best opportunity to put up good numbers. I think a three-year deal for around $10-million would get a deal done for sure.

* One good indication if they're close to signing June will be if Mike Peterson comes to town. If he does, then the Bills may be far off. If he doesn't, then I think June is signing here. They're not going to sign June and Peterson, as both would get starter money. Atlanta is also interested in Peterson.

* Don't think Kevin Jones made it to One Bills Drive yesterday. I think it's because he's on the verge of resigning with Chicago.

* Save the discussions about T.O, because he is not coming to Buffalo. I have to admit though, for all his negativity, if nothing else he would create a tremendous buzz regarding Buffalo. Talk about getting your fans talking again. I spoke to ESPN.com writer Tim Graham and he concluded that he's never seen Bills fans as disgruntled as they are now.

* More realistically, I expect Amani Toomer's phone to ring in the next day or two. The team wants an inexpensive insurance policy for James Hardy in 2009. Steve Johnson should see his role grow, but don't think the Bills are willing to bank on him being a top three receiver just yet.

* Don't expect the Bills to make a play for Torry Holt, even if he is released. He would cost more than the team is willing to pay.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 07:03 AM
The Greer deal pisses me off. I don't why we chose Florence over him. We easily could have matched that. :mad:

As for Royal..... :lolpoint: Cleveland

I really hope that Cato June signs with us, if not...then I'm going to hitch my wagon to Freddy Keiaho. He was pretty good on the Colts for the past couple years and is another small LB that would fit in nicely in our ****ty Cover 2 defense, at WLB.

Kevin Jones or DaShaun Foster.... :::

I am disgruntled, especially now after they lost Coles and Greer for only a difference of a million bucks per year. :sigh: But I don't want TO anywhere near Buffalo. No way in hell! :ill:

I heard that they asked about Toomer and he basically told them, "Not interested". I don't know why they wouldn't go after Joey Galloway or Torry Holt now. I don't care what they cost. Bring them in for a couple seasons while Hardy and Johnson develop....

clumping platelets
03-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Drew Bennett :idunno:

hydro
03-05-2009, 07:08 AM

Didn't know he was available. I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

Buddo
03-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Regarding Greer, I think tbh that it was as much 'pastures new' as anything else - maybe also with a pretty much guaranteed, starting role, thrown in.
Should the deal read 5 years and not 6 Pat?
If you read Greer's comments on Tim Grahams blog, it seems like he was just ready to move on.
Also, over on BB.com boards, there's a guy who apparently knows him who posts. That guy seemed pretty pessimistic about a deal being done all along, even if we were outbidding other people.
Put two and two together, and in this instance at least, I don't think you can blame the Bills FO - especially as they supposedly made Greer another offer after the 5 years $20 million that has been reported.
While I've felt that some patience was due, there now needs to be some urgency injected in OBD, as the holes we have, do not show much sign of being filled.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 07:11 AM
The Greer deal pisses me off. I don't why we chose Florence over him. We easily could have matched that. :mad:

As for Royal..... :lolpoint: Cleveland

I really hope that Cato June signs with us, if not...then I'm going to hitch my wagon to Freddy Keiaho. He was pretty good on the Colts for the past couple years and is another small LB that would fit in nicely in our ****ty Cover 2 defense, at WLB.

Kevin Jones or DaShaun Foster.... :::

I am disgruntled, especially now after they lost Coles and Greer for only a difference of a million bucks per year. :sigh: But I don't want TO anywhere near Buffalo. No way in hell! :ill:

I heard that they asked about Toomer and he basically told them, "Not interested". I don't know why they wouldn't go after Joey Galloway or Torry Holt now. I don't care what they cost. Bring them in for a couple seasons while Hardy and Johnson develop....
Where did you hear Buffalo inquired about Toomer and he said "not interested?"

I find that odd. Unless he plans on retiring, Toomer's phone isn't ringing off the hook.. I said before the Coles stuff even began Toomer would be perfect for this team. He could play a role and only have to be counted on for the immediate future.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Regarding Greer, I think tbh that it was as much 'pastures new' as anything else - maybe also with a pretty much guaranteed, starting role, thrown in.
Should the deal read 5 years and not 6 Pat?
If you read Greer's comments on Tim Grahams blog, it seems like he was just ready to move on.
Also, over on BB.com boards, there's a guy who apparently knows him who posts. That guy seemed pretty pessimistic about a deal being done all along, even if we were outbidding other people.
Put two and two together, and in this instance at least, I don't think you can blame the Bills FO - especially as they supposedly made Greer another offer after the 5 years $20 million that has been reported.
While I've felt that some patience was due, there now needs to be some urgency injected in OBD, as the holes we have, do not show much sign of being filled.
yes, it it is for 4 years, not 6.. good catch (thanks)

topher180
03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Great work again Pat.

I agree with your last bullet about Holt not being a Bill, but I just don't think that money should be an excuse for this team anymore. As has been said, a veteran in the WR core who provides leadership and most of all takes some pressure off of Lee would do wonders for the offense IMO.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Hmmm, I always liked him in Tennessee. He's bigger too and would give us a Vet to put opposite Lee Evans. Okay, let's bring him in for a visit. :up:

Michael82
03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Where did you hear Buffalo inquired about Toomer and he said "not interested?"

I find that odd. Unless he plans on retiring, Toomer's phone isn't ringing off the hook.. I said before the Coles stuff even began Toomer would be perfect for this team. He could play a role and only have to be counted on for the immediate future.
I read it on one of the Bills messageboard last week. It's probably BS, but i just see him wanting to come here.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Great work again Pat.

I agree with your last bullet about Holt not being a Bill, but I just don't think that money should be an excuse for this team anymore. As has been said, a veteran in the WR core who provides leadership and most of all takes some pressure off of Lee would do wonders for the offense IMO.
Unfortunately, money is always going to be an issue with this team.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Great work again Pat.

Money should definitely NOT be an excuse, especially with how frustrated the fans are and how they need to patch up the team and fill some big holes.

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Did Marvin Harrison sign anywhere yet?

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 07:32 AM
7:50AM

Jabari Greer's deal with New Orleans is for $23-million over 4 years, with $10-million guaranteed. I'm at least mildly surprised Buffalo didn't resign him at this rate. That's not a lot to have two starters locked up long term (McKelvin the other). There is little doubt McGee will cost a whole lot more next offseason, so unless Drayton Florence is good enough to start in 2010, Buffalo will be in the market for a corner once again next winter.

- I think it is the guaranteed money that scared the Bills off. Did he get a signing bonus of any type?

* Robert Royal got $10-million over 4 years (same exact deal he got in Buffalo in 2006), and $6-million is guaranteed. You have fun with that, Cleveland.
- Not defending Royal so much as saying he got Glen Parker-ed here. Robert Royal is a medicore starting TE in this league. He was hardly the worst problem here last year. He was a one-bills drive scapegoat.

* No word on Cato June as of late last night, but I have to think if the Bills really want him (I don't know yet) that he's ours. Truth is, unlike a lot of other LB's in Free agency, June is specific to the Bills scheme. There's only a handful of teams that use this kind of defense. He's already been cut from Tampa and Indianapolis. Chicago is not likely to pursue him. Kansas City is in full blown rebuild mode. I think for June it would be the Bills who would give him the best opportunity to put up good numbers. I think a three-year deal for around $10-million would get a deal done for sure.

* One good indication if they're close to signing June will be if Mike Peterson comes to town. If he does, then the Bills may be far off. If he doesn't, then I think June is signing here. They're not going to sign June and Peterson, as both would get starter money. Atlanta is also interested in Peterson.

- I could like either here. Each would be a good signing on their own.

* Don't think Kevin Jones made it to One Bills Drive yesterday. I think it's because he's on the verge of resigning with Chicago.

- A-Ok with me. I just don't like him.

* Save the discussions about T.O, because he is not coming to Buffalo. I have to admit though, for all his negativity, if nothing else he would create a tremendous buzz regarding Buffalo. Talk about getting your fans talking again. I spoke to ESPN.com writer Tim Graham and he concluded that he's never seen Bills fans as disgruntled as they are now.

- It would be a buzz sort of like the one just after a major disaster. It would be like watching a train wreck in slow motion over the course of a full season.

* More realistically, I expect Amani Toomer's phone to ring in the next day or two. The team wants an inexpensive insurance policy for James Hardy in 2009. Steve Johnson should see his role grow, but don't think the Bills are willing to bank on him being a top three receiver just yet.

- I am ok with this. I really, really didn't like the idea of Coles in Buffalo, it seemed very square peg -round hole to me. There are other options outside of Toomer and Holt that can help us as well. I think patience here will really pay off.

* Don't expect the Bills to make a play for Torry Holt, even if he is released. He would cost more than the team is willing to pay.

- I would like Holt, but I doubt we compete for him if he becomes a free agent. He has Dallas Cowboy written all over him.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Did Marvin Harrison sign anywhere yet?
No and I would definitely bring him in for a visit and a signing. :up:

Griz78
03-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Drew Bennett had like one good year, other than that he is no better than Josh Reed.

I think Greer played his cards wrong too. He kept going on visit after visit to get his 7 or 8 million and then Detroit signed Buchanon and the Bills signed Florence. So he knew he better get something now.

Besides Florence is a good deal also.

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Toomer would not be an improvement over Josh Reed. He's had very little production for the NYGs lately and the team's offense is a heck of a lot better/more balanced than ours. Slow and old is not the way to go.

mybills
03-05-2009, 07:43 AM
c'mon Toomer, sign with Buffalo! :pray:

mybills
03-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Toomer would not be an improvement over Josh Reed. He's had very little production for the NYGs lately and the team's offense is a heck of a lot better/more balanced than ours. Slow and old is not the way to go.
They are loaded with good receivers and Eli spreads the ball around a LOT. Just because Toomer didn't get the ball a lot like he used to, doesn't mean he's old and slow. He's a very good veteran and he still has good hands and can read routes like the best of them. I think you're being way too hard on him.

madness
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Florence didn't replace Greer... McKelvin did and it's his job to lose.

mysticsoto
03-05-2009, 07:54 AM

Gilbride's style of offense is to go down the field. Toomer doesn't have the speed to be able to do what he used to do and so he doesn't fit very well into their offense anymore. On the Bills, he would not be asked to go down the field, but instead take short/mid level routes. I think he would be great for a year or two while Hardy and Johnson develop. If they step up to the plate this year, all the better, but Toomer would provide us insurance and should not come expensive at this point in his career.

Bruce is Loose
03-05-2009, 07:57 AM
I watched a number of Giants game and have been nothing but impressed with Toomer - Id love to have him here

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 07:58 AM

good point.

billsburgh
03-05-2009, 08:01 AM
He would cost more than the team is willing to pay
this seems to apply to any player who would make this team better.

psubills62
03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
I don't understand why people look at the contracts some players get and simply say "oh, well we could have matched that." Greer is a perfect case. Sure, we could have matched that contract money-wise.

But look at the situation Greer would be signing back into - he'd most likely be the third CB, because they're obviously wanting McKelvin to start. In New Orleans, he's almost automatically the best CB there. You don't think players think about playing time and starting roles as well as money?

Michael82
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
So pat....any news? We got anyone coming in today? Or are we working on contracts for the guys who came in yesterday?

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I agree about McKelvin. But that wasn’t my point. My point was about McGee. He’s probably gone after this year too, and if not, its going to definitely cost more than it would’ve cost to resign Greer; so we’re probably looking at corner in 2010.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

mysticsoto
03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree about McKelvin. But that wasn’t my point. My point was about McGee. He’s probably gone after this year too, and if not, its going to definitely cost more than it would’ve cost to resign Greer; so we’re probably looking at corner in 2010.<o:p></o:p>

True, but clearly the FO thinks alot more of McGee than of Greer...

ddaryl
03-05-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't understand why people look at the contracts some players get and simply say "oh, well we could have matched that." Greer is a perfect case. Sure, we could have matched that contract money-wise.

But look at the situation Greer would be signing back into - he'd most likely be the third CB, because they're obviously wanting McKelvin to start. In New Orleans, he's almost automatically the best CB there. You don't think players think about playing time and starting roles as well as money?

I looked at it differently...

Resign Greer, and then trade McGee for a player of need or picks ...

Not resigning greer IMO just screwed up a great opportunity to make the team ebtter as a whole and to shore up the CB position for a few more years.

now we will lose McGee next year and still have to replace him. Where is the forsight

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
9:20AM: JP Losman is coming close to finding himself out of teams to be the #2 QB for. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cincinnati</st1:place></st1:City>, the lone team to this point that Losman has been linked to, is on the verge of signing JT Sullivan, according to reports.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Michael82
03-05-2009, 08:25 AM

Not resigning greer IMO just screwed up a great opportunity to make the team ebtter as a whole and to shore up the CB position for a few more years.

now we will lose McGee next year and still have to replace him. Where is the forsight
Exactly! :sigh:

psubills62
03-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Maybe so, but I haven't seen any indications that the FO would want to trade McGee. They probably would have made a real push to sign Greer if that were the case. Just because fans want to trade McGee for picks doesn't mean that's in OBD's plans.

What makes you think they're automatically going to lose McGee next year? They could re-sign him.

mybills
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
I agree about McKelvin. But that wasn’t my point. My point was about McGee. He’s probably gone after this year too, and if not, its going to definitely cost more than it would’ve cost to resign Greer; so we’re probably looking at corner in 2010.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
um...

McGee’s chances to be re-signed in 2010 better now
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/04/mcgees-chances-to-be-re-signed-in-2010-better-now/?campaign=BillsBuzz_0305

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 08:30 AM
9:30AM: per PFT, Joey Galloway is visiting the Patriots right now.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

TacklingDummy
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM
9:20AM: JP Losman is coming close to finding himself out of teams to be the #2 QB for. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cincinnati</st1:place></st1:City>, the lone team to this point that Losman has been linked to, is on the verge of signing JT Sullivan, according to reports.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

It's amazing that some Bills fans thought this guy was the future when the rest of us knew better.

ddaryl
03-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Maybe so, but I haven't seen any indications that the FO would want to trade McGee. They probably would have made a real push to sign Greer if that were the case. Just because fans want to trade McGee for picks doesn't mean that's in OBD's plans.

What makes you think they're automatically going to lose McGee next year? They could re-sign him.

Exactly... no indication because they have no foresight.

We might not automatically lose Mcgee next year, but IMO retaining Greer and shopping Mcgee around would help us fill holes and make this team much better for the present and the future.

Now we keep Mcgee and then next year he is a UFA. Maybe we tag him and trade him, but why wait til next year when we are desperate to fill major holes this year.

maybe we resign him, but Greer who is a better CB then Mcgee in my book could have be signed for less this season then what we will have to offer mcgee next year...

I just do not understand why this franchise is not making the bold moves needed ot filed a championship team...

The bottom line is we need to fill a lot of holes on this team and not using available assets in a position of strength is only going to hurt us.

Mr. Pink
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
It's amazing that some Bills fans thought this guy was the future when the rest of us knew better.

Like I said last offseason, the only place JP would be a backup is here.

EDS
03-05-2009, 08:39 AM

I think people assume McGee will be gone because the Bills have a long history of letting their corners leave via free agency. In no particular order, the Bills have watched Nate Odomes, Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements, Jabari Greer leave only to be replaced by less expensive veterans or draft picks.

mybills
03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
"I don’t know this, but I always got the sense that the organization valued McGee as a player just a little bit more than Greer." ~Chris Brown

They're not that dumb after all! :bf1:

Mr. Pink
03-05-2009, 08:42 AM
"I don’t know this, but I always got the sense that the organization valued McGee as a player just a little bit more than Greer." ~Chris Brown

They're not that dumb after all! :bf1:

Of course they do. They value special teams players higher than any other area of the team. We already know this. Look at some of the names on the roster.

madness
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM

Sorry, that was directed toward Mikey's comments about replacing Greer with Florence.

IMO, McGee will be resigned but yes, it will definitely cost more.

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Worry about next year next year.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm still amazed at the $7 mil per they offered to Coles before Cinci topped it. I'm seeing that they want a vet, a good role model to mentor the youngsters (apparently Lee Evans is not very good at that). Maybe they did not put up enough guaranteed money to Coles which led him to go with the Bangles. Besides, as I mentioned before, Coles is NOT a perfect compliment #2 to Evans.

Timing is everything. TO got released. At this time, TO is a better receiver than Coles and Housh. The Bangles might have gone after him instead of Coles. From a pure football viewpoint, the Bills would be a lot better giving $7 mil a year to TO than Coles, but again, TO is not always about pure football ...

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 08:45 AM
does anyone know if june is still in buffalo?

Mr. Pink
03-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey a two year deal to TO for about 15 million would be great.

TO is generally a model citizen for a year or two before becomming disgruntled.

Use that window to make the team better and have or other WRs learn from him.

ddaryl
03-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Worry about next year next year.

ahh yes.. no foresight... lets not make a move in advance and better this team this year... I'm cool with not making the moves necessary to field a playoff contender in 2009.. Its been 10+ years since we were competitive, what's a couple more years. At lest the team still plays in Buffalo, and that is all that counts...

we need to be making bolder moves, because this team is not getting better

acehole
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
I read it on one of the Bills messageboard last week. It's probably BS, but i just see him wanting to come here.

Pass on Toomer.

Mr. Pink
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Face it, we're sitting here doing nothing...

We're spinning our wheels as per usual...

And what happens in this league when you sit still and do nothing?

You get worse. Because other teams pass you.

It looks like it's gonna be a long year so far...ugh.

bigbub2352
03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Face it, we're sitting here doing nothing...

We're spinning our wheels as per usual...

And what happens in this league when you sit still and do nothing?

You get worse. Because other teams pass you.

It looks like it's gonna be a long year so far...ugh.

couldnt agree more, when are we gonna stop trying to get deals and sign some talent to Upgrade our team not stop gap it

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
10:00AM- I sent an email to someone asking if the Bills would consider trading for Braylon Edwards, who is presumably on the trade market. It was a replied with a sharp “no”, stating if the Bills get a WR, they’re looking for a #2 WR at #2 WR money. With other holes to fill and moves to make, the team wouldn’t’ have any interest in taking on Edwards’ salary.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm still amazed at the $7 mil per they offered to Coles before Cinci topped it. I'm seeing that they want a vet, a good role model to mentor the youngsters (apparently Lee Evans is not very good at that). Maybe they did not put up enough guaranteed money to Coles which led him to go with the Bangles. Besides, as I mentioned before, Coles is NOT a perfect compliment #2 to Evans.

Timing is everything. TO got released. At this time, TO is a better receiver than Coles and Housh. The Bangles might have gone after him instead of Coles. From a pure football viewpoint, the Bills would be a lot better giving $7 mil a year to TO than Coles, but again, TO is not always about pure football ...
Where did you hear Buffalo offered $7 per to Coles??

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2009, 09:09 AM
10:00AM- I sent an email to someone asking if the Bills would consider trading for Braylon Edwards, who is presumably on the trade market. It was a replied with a sharp “no”, stating if the Bills get a WR, they’re looking for a #2 WR at #2 WR money. With other holes to fill and moves to make, the team wouldn’t’ have any interest in taking on Edwards’ salary.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Then they should start filling these other holes.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
10:08AM: For those who are hoping for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> to work out a trade for Torry Holt, a deal would mean Holt’s 2009 salary would bring $6.65 million to the salary cap. Personally, I don’t think that’s too much. One thing is obvious; the Rams will trade him before March 17 (roster bonus due) or release him. If you’re the Bills and your interested, a trade is a more viable option. You don’t want him hitting the open market and allowing any team to bid for him.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Seriously, I would just like to know if Cato is still in Buffalo trying to work out a deal or if we bounced out of here.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:11 AM
10:11am: I got not info right now on June, Foster or Thomas.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
10:08AM: For those who are hoping for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> to work out a trade for Torry Holt, a deal would mean Holt’s 2009 salary would bring $6.65 million to the salary cap. Personally, I don’t think that’s too much. One thing is obvious; the Rams will trade him before March 17 (roster bonus due) or release him. If you’re the Bills and your interested, a trade is a more viable option. You don’t want him hitting the open market and allowing any team to bid for him.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I would love to get Holt. But would he come here and play without an extension paying him more than what Coles got when the Bengals overpaid him?

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
10:11am: I got not info right now on June, Foster or Thomas.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p><!-- / message -->

I heard from someone that Kilgoure said he still was in town but I can't find confirmation on that. Pretty strange.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I heard from someone that Kilgoure said he still was in town but I can't find confirmation on that. Pretty strange.

i heard the samething last night from 2 sources, one was on another forum and the other was a friend back home who watched the news.

bigbub2352
03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Holt is exactly what we need with our young WR corp
wont happen thou its the Bills

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 09:22 AM
i heard the samething last night from 2 sources, one was on another forum and the other was a friend back home who watched the news.
Hmm, so it seems he still may be here after all then. I really hope we can strike a deal, one less guy we need to worry about going into the draft.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
10:23AM: Roy Williams (safety) from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> just cut. I’d be utterly shocked if we were interested in him. He is the anti-cover two safety.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Mr. Pink
03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Roy Williams...there's our new LB!

patmoran2006
Hmm, so it seems he still may be here after all then. I really hope we can strike a deal, one less guy we need to worry about going into the draft.\
I’m very confident if the Bills want June they’ll get him, because there is an extremely small market for him because he’s strictly a cover-two LB.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
10:23AM: Roy Williams (safety) from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:City> just cut. I’d be utterly shocked if we were interested in him. He is the anti-cover two safety.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

If the Bills did sign him, I might burn down the Ralph myself. He is terrible. I am not sure he could cover me in a pass pattern. Or my mother.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Funny. But he is only like 10 pounds lighter than Cato June, if that.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Hmm, so it seems he still may be here after all then. I really hope we can strike a deal, one less guy we need to worry about going into the draft.

i agree, and honestly the good thing about a june signing is that, we dont have to switch more positions around to fit him in. if we sign peterson who is 33 and hasnt played a full healthy productive season in 3 years we have to move poz and hope peterson doesnt get hurt, and everyone remember peterson lost his starting job cause he was being out played and then he threw a fit about it. we are not getting the 27 or 28 year old stud. we are getting a guy that will play about 10-12 games and wont be that much of an impact player anymore. maybe he does have something left in the tank but i tend to think that he is strickly looking for one more pay day. june though he may not be as accomplished as peterson is 3-4 years younger and fits our system perfectly, there is no fitting him in or moving pieces around to find a spot for him, you just sign him and he goes to work thats it.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
10:35am: I’m getting the feeling the Bills are being very coy right now. Truthfully, I’m not sure even they know what they want. Whether the moves worked out or not, they knew exactly what they wanted the past few years going into free agency. This year, despite the large cap room and extra revenue from TWO Toronto games last year, there hardly seems to be any kind of sense of urgency to get things done right now. This goes in stark contrast to the comments Ralph Wilson made after announcing Jauron would be back.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
I watch Toomer every week and he's nothing special. The Giants have big WR problems with Plaxico's issue. If Toomer was really good, wouldn't the Giants have re-signed him?

realdealryan
03-05-2009, 09:41 AM
The overall consensus is that we are lagging behind in free agency and that we absolutely suck. But it's almost a week into free agency and the Bills are still keeping me hostage all day, every day. Dammit.

Still worried about LG.

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Kevin Jones and Joey Galloway are at ONe Bills Drive today via V-Text

Mahdi
03-05-2009, 09:47 AM
10:35am: I’m getting the feeling the Bills are being very coy right now. Truthfully, I’m not sure even they know what they want. Whether the moves worked out or not, they knew exactly what they wanted the past few years going into free agency. This year, despite the large cap room and extra revenue from TWO Toronto games last year, there hardly seems to be any kind of sense of urgency to get things done right now. This goes in stark contrast to the comments Ralph Wilson made after announcing Jauron would be back.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I realize everyone wants signings to be made but there has to be realism as well. The Bills know that there will be many LBs in this year's draft that bring the same skills to the table that June brings but teams will pass because they are undersized and more cut out for cover 2.

June was drafted in the 6th round, Keiaho in the 3rd. These LBs are a dime a dozen in the draft so unless June wants to come here on the cheap I dont want him. The point isn't just to sign guys for the heck of it.

ct bills fan
Galloway's very old, but, I think a better fit than Toomer. On another note, are we that desperate for A FA signing that we are lusting for June? I don't see anything especially enticing about him. Peterson may ne a MLB, but, I'd be much more exceited about him.

jimbohastle51
Kevin Jones and Joey Galloway are at ONe Bills Drive today via V-Text

i do not like the galloway idea. not only is he 38 and missed half the season last year, but he is the same receiver has evans. he is NOT a possession receiver at all so i unless they are getting rid of evans why would you bring another receiver in that pretty much only runs routes over 15 yards??

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Pat, I thought you said don't expect to see Jones anytime soon, he's on the verge of signing with Chicago?

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Galloway's very old, but, I think a better fit than Toomer. On another note, are we that desperate for A FA signing that we are lusting for June? I don't see anything especially enticing about him. Peterson may ne a MLB, but, I'd be much more exceited about him.

just remember with peterson your getting an old injuried (hes missed a ton of games in the past 3 years) LB that lost his job last year and cried like a baby to the point he almost got in an altercation with the coach over it, he is not a born leader bro, he will cry and complain if he doesnt get his way.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
10:48am: per the V-Text some of you guys already got; Galloway and Kevin Jones are in town and check this out.. I’m hearing the Bills are VERY interested in both of them. I am soooo done making predictions, but this could be a big day, with June as well.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
NE is also interested in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place> too I’ve heard, and I’m telling you this now, I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t be.. but IF the Bills want <st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place>, they better be prepared to overpay for him for 2 years.<o:p></o:p>

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Toomer would be fine with me. Possesion. Solid pro. Still has some game.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Pat, I thought you said don't expect to see Jones anytime soon, he's on the verge of signing with Chicago?
perhaps he's pulling a coles and seeing if he can get more elsewhere? It's exactly what Coles did, used the Bills offer to get more from Cinci.

Nothing wrong with that. Would be nice to be on the other end of it for once.

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
You bring in Galloway, because, even though he's similar to Evans he would be another outside threat and could limit the double teams on Evans. Injuries are a major concern with him as is his age, but Beebe and lofton seemed to co-exist pretty well with Buffalo.

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Jones cerntainly could be using us as leverage. I like Jones better than the other backs we've brought in.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
On another note, are we that desperate for A FA signing that we are lusting for June?

Cato June is still fairly young and has atleast 3 more years of good football left him. He's a playmaker when playing on the weakside (which by all accounts would play here) and would give us the best weakside backer we've had since spikes. Plus, this gives us one less need going into the draft.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
10:48am: per the V-Text some of you guys already got; Galloway and Kevin Jones are in town and check this out.. I’m hearing the Bills are VERY interested in both of them. I am soooo done making predictions, but this could be a big day, with June as well.<o:p></o:p>
NE is also interested in <st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place> too I’ve heard, and I’m telling you this now, I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t be.. but IF the Bills want <st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place>, they better be prepared to overpay for him for 2 years.<o:p></o:p>

god is galloway a bad move. i really hope we loose out on him. this is just us wanting a receiver so bad that we will take anyone at this point lol!! we are going to bring in a receiver that is the same body style even as evans and put him accross from evans and ask him to be something he is not A POSSESSION RECEIVER!
also i really hope no one here thinks kevin jones is a threat to marshawn cause that is ridiculous. now lynch may get traded, but it will not be because jones is signed. jones not only hasnt been heathy but he has been beaten out the past 2 years. and last year forte beat him out bad enough to were he only got a handfull of carries all year. these again are areas that are not need and a waste of time and money until we get a starting LB (the only reason i am not going to list TE, or DE is cause i realize there is non really available that fit us in free agency)

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
You bring in Galloway, because, even though he's similar to Evans he would be another outside threat and could limit the double teams on Evans. Injuries are a major concern with him as is his age, but Beebe and lofton seemed to co-exist pretty well with Buffalo.
i cannot even believe you just put JAMES LOFTON and don bebe together in a comparison. one is a hall of fame receiver the other got drunk and played pranks on holmgren on halloween bro. bebe had no choice but to coexist with lofton :)

Oaf
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
10:35am: I’m getting the feeling the Bills are being very coy right now. Truthfully, I’m not sure even they know what they want. Whether the moves worked out or not, they knew exactly what they wanted the past few years going into free agency. This year, despite the large cap room and extra revenue from TWO Toronto games last year, there hardly seems to be any kind of sense of urgency to get things done right now. This goes in stark contrast to the comments Ralph Wilson made after announcing Jauron would be back.<o:p></o:p>

They're on to you, Pat. :ontome: Tired of their bungling being exposed. :shakeno:

yordad
03-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't really want any of the WRs or any of these RBs. I wouldn't mind June though.

Oh, and if we got T.O. he would be whoopin on Edwards before game 3. Litterally. Like beating him down in the huddle.

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Bu they co-existed pretty well, I would say.

Raptor
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
The fact that there bringing in a 37 year old WR tells me that Hardy is almost a lock to be on the PUP list at the beginning of the year

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I dont see what Galloway brings to this team really. Coles was a better fit, we need a guy to work the middle of the field consistently.

It seems more like a panic move to me than anything else.

On the Holt front for those that want him here, why would he come here of all places? He could potentially be a #1 in a number of places but he would want to come here and be a #2? That doesnt make any sense.

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2009, 10:18 AM
I dont see what Galloway brings to this team really. Coles was a better fit, we need a guy to work the middle of the field consistently.

On the Holt front for those that want him here, why would he come here of all places? He could potentially be a #1 in a number of places but he would want to come here and be a #2? That doesnt make any sense.
Is Holt still a #1 talent? He seemed to really drop off big time last year.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
The Rams dropped off as a whole last year.. He can still play.

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM

If your San Francisco who do you have whose better than him at this point? Or Oakland for that matter?

Whether he is still a true NFL Caliber #1 or not isnt the question. He could go to another team with bigger WR issues and be the top guy for them for a little bit.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM

The Bills are going after an OUTSIDE WR becuase they want Reed to be the guy to work the middle of the field more.

I agree on the whole though with you regarding Galloway

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM

i agree, and seriously the eagles are going to roll the red carpet out for holt and if it looks like a huge market they'll give a pick up for him before he hits the market. i really am sold on holt to the eagles. it is exactly what donavan wants

realdealryan
Avery showed up and took some of the deep balls that would have gone to Holt. Also, they started Trent Green at one point last year. Can't blame any receiver in that system for low production.

THATHURMANATOR
If your San Francisco who do you have whose better than him at this point? Or Oakland for that matter?

Whether he is still a true NFL Caliber #1 or not isnt the question. He could go to another team with bigger WR issues and be the top guy for them for a little bit.
Good point.

Oaf
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
The Bills are going after an OUTSIDE WR becuase they want Reed to be the guy to work the middle of the field more.

yep.

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM

Pat, at this point wouldn't urgency be counterproductive. This is now a buyers market in most of the areas we are searching.

A lot of the guys we were talking about a week ago are still around....

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM

Then bringing in Coles makes little sense because he is not an outside WR any more, he works the middle of the field exceling in crossing routes and post patterns. So either the Bills FO is confused and doesnt know what the hell they want, doesnt know what the players actually do well, or just is paniced right now.

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Is there any reason Galloway couldn't be the deep threat and we ask EVANS to work the middle and do the slants and such. Those, in my opinion, are his strongest points. His ability to fly is a bonus.

trapezeus
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
reed is good when he plays. but he's got an awful back. i know this as a fact through one of my sources. The general word on Reed is that he must be a real warrior because the look of his back shows that he is really going to have some serious issues with it in his late 30's early 40s.

That being said, he is susceptible to injuries and we saw first hand what happens when he's out. its a guarantee that he is missing games next year and Roscoe can't fill his shoes (figuratively and literally). Johnson seems to be good enough if we aren't serious about a much better upgrade. get off the receiver fix in free agency because no one is worth it at this point.

Lets assume we are where we are and put the draft board together and see how we are going to get some of the trades we want.

Trading Marshawn is a huge risk. Similarly, thre is no one in FA that i'd want as a starting back. Drafting a back is an option, but again, taking an RB in the first round seems like a mistake. This team needs a DE.

There is just no end in sight for this patheticness.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Im having mad problems with my server at my office right now.. uggh.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, all have differing opinions regarding Galloway, Coles and others but the one thing that’s becoming obvious is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> is definitely working on bringing a veteran WR into the mix. It shows that they’re not expecting much from Hardy in 2009 and have finally learned Parrish is not a good WR.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Well, all have differing opinions regarding Galloway, Coles and others but the one thing that’s becoming obvious is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> is definitely working on bringing a veteran WR into the mix. It shows that they’re not expecting much from Hardy in 2009 and have finally learned Parrish is not a good WR.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Well it only took them about a year later than their own fans to figure out Parrish wasn't a good WR.

I didnt buy the Hardy to be ready by TC thing, the time line for the injury just doesnt fit. Its at least 8 months of recovery and he only had the surgery in January.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm going to say it again....Hardy will most likely put on the PUP list at the start of training camp.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
11:35am: One thing is clearly coming into focus with the Bills and FA. Though we don’t know who will be signed, we do now know what direction the Bills are looking to go. It’s certain now that they are looking to address the WR, LB an RB positions in free agency, and possibly LG. All of the players they’re bringing in fill these positions, with of course C and Backup QB already being filled. Simmons is the only guard they’ve looked at, but I’m still convinced the Waters theory has teeth.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This very strongly indicates that DE and TE will priorities #1 and 2 in the NFL draft. If this theory holds up, you can pretty much count on Orakpo, Ayers or Brown being the 11<SUP>th</SUP> pick in the draft, unless someone they can’t resist (Crabtree, Raji) were to unexpectedly fall. 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Round would probably be a TE, maybe Cook? I don’t know for sure, that’s my theory.<o:p></o:p>

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
11:35am: One thing is clearly coming into focus with the Bills and FA. Though we don’t know who will be signed, we do now know what direction the Bills are looking to go. It’s certain now that they are looking to address the WR, LB an RB positions in free agency, and possibly LG. All of the players they’re bringing in fill these positions, with of course C and Backup QB already being filled. Simmons is the only guard they’ve looked at, but I’m still convinced the Waters theory has teeth.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This very strongly indicates that DE and TE will priorities #1 and 2 in the NFL draft. If this theory holds up, you can pretty much count on Orakpo, Ayers or Brown being the 11<SUP>th</SUP> pick in the draft, unless someone they can’t resist (Crabtree, Raji) were to unexpectedly fall. 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Round would probably be a TE, maybe Cook? I don’t know for sure, that’s my theory.<o:p></o:p>

I think if the Bills share in your theory we are in for a disasterous draft. There is no DE worth the 11 pick (unless Orakpo falls, which I dont see) and Cook is not worth a 2nd Round TE selection either. 3rd Round yes, but not 2nd Round.

Right now Im working on a new 4 Round Mock to be done shortly that would be my ideal draft for the Bills at this point.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I think if the Bills share in your theory we are in for a disasterous draft. There is no DE worth the 11 pick (unless Orakpo falls, which I dont see) and Cook is not worth a 2nd Round TE selection either. 3rd Round yes, but not 2nd Round.

Right now Im working on a new 4 Round Mock to be done shortly that would be my ideal draft for the Bills at this point.
They have also stated their desire to trade down. I think that they are going to do everything possible to move down and get extra picks. hopefully someone that other teams covet is there at 11. :pray:

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I think That DE from Penn State may be there choice at #11 - can't remember his name - wait, I think it's Maybin??. Ideally, we'd take him at #11and be able to trade back into the early 20's in RD 1 and take Pettigrew.

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Draftboy - why isn't Cook worth a #2? He's got a lot of speed. Not much in the way of blocking, but, a TE with 4.5 - 4.6 speed presents matchup problems (like the guy the Jets drafted last year).

TedMock
03-05-2009, 10:53 AM

I agree with you. Ideally, we find a willing trade partner and move down. Additionally, I am more than happy to trade one of the fan favorite, but easily replaceable, guys on the current roster for an extra 3rd. This draft screams "load up up 2nd's and 3rds!!" in my opinion. Our needs are certainly not top 15 guys this year. Unless, of course, there's a miracle and Raji falls to us.

don137
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
One thing is being clear is the Bills are going after talent that will not get them to the next level and they appear to not want to bring in the talent to get to the next level.
Even if the Bills have a awesome draft (which we all know is not likely based on recent history) these guys will not make an immediate impact.
Not looking good right now to get above 5 wins next year.

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Draftboy - why isn't Cook worth a #2? He's got a lot of speed. Not much in the way of blocking, but, a TE with 4.5 - 4.6 speed presents matchup problems (like the guy the Jets drafted last year).

There a number of differences between Keller and Cook;

Cook's stats are;
08-37 Catches, 573 yards, and 3TD's
07-30 Catches, 421 yards, and 3 TD's
06-6 Catches, 113 yards, and 1 TD

Keller's stats were;
07-68 Catches, 881 yards, and 7 TD's
06-56 Catches, 771 Yards, and 4 TD's
05-13 Catches, 128 Yards, 3 TD's
04-5 Catches, 102 Yards, 2 TD

So as you can see Keller had two years of excellent play while Cook has one. Keller was also a better blocker than Cook and was a better route runner. Cook has better speed, size, and athleticism, but I dont like taking a 2nd Round TE based on one year of good play. On a bad offense he should of been a dominant weapon but he wasn't and that concerns me.

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I agree with you. Ideally, we find a willing trade partner and move down. Additionally, I am more than happy to trade one of the fan favorite, but easily replaceable, guys on the current roster for an extra 3rd. This draft screams "load up up 2nd's and 3rds!!" in my opinion. Our needs are certainly not top 15 guys this year. Unless, of course, there's a miracle and Raji falls to us.

Im my mock to be released later today Raji does take a fall, how far though? You'll have to wait and see.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
12:05PM: Not that I ever thought it was a possibility to begin with, but scratch NE off the list of potential teams for JP Losman. Looks like the Pats are gonna sign Patrick Ramsey to back up Tom Brady. The pickings are getting slimmer each day with JP, and unless he’s willing to hold a clipboard and/or sit in a press box on Sundays inactive, I think his days in the league could be numbered.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
12:06PM: According to various reports, you can scratch NY Giants, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on">Washington</st1:State>, <st1:City w:st="on">Philadelphia</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:State> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> as teams that have in interest in Terrell Owens. The Raiders are sounding better by the minute.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
12:06PM: According to various reports, you can scratch NY Giants, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on">Washington</st1:State>, <st1:City w:st="on">Philadelphia</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:State> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> as teams that have in interest in Terrell Owens. The Raiders are sounding better by the minute.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

He'll be great for Russel to throw too plus this scratches another name off the list of potential Crabtree/Maclin suitors for the draft.

DBrown77
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I have been supporting the Bills on what they have done in FA so far. I have been excited about the people they have brought in, but as the days roll on i am getting less and less optimistic. We are bringing in 37 year old receivers that havent done anything for years and letting the people that make sense go without contracts.

Now whether its the Bills or the players not wanting to be here, I am just losing all faith this year. I know that Free agency is basically overspending for average talent, but throw the fans a bone here and bring in AT LEAST 1 difference maker. Average teams stay average with adding average players.

trapezeus
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
as much grief as i like pouring on to JP, it would be interesting to know how many other JP's we have the team currently. Players that the bills think are good starters or backups than the other 31 teams won't even entertain the thought of signing. my guess is that kelsay, parrish, denney, ellison, ko simpson, any buffalo TE, and lindell are on that list.

That is surprisingly a lot of names.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I know a guy who works for a big name agent based in Pittsburgh here (sorry I do not want to name him or the agent's name). He told me last night how Coles agent played it right to get him from no market to two comparable offers (+/- 0.5 mil per). Mind you the agents always talk about total dollar amount. I suspect in Bills case, they may not be willing to give that much guaranteed money because they do have Hardy and Johnson on the wing.

We have quality 3rd and 4th receivers in Reed and Parrish.

chernobylwraiths
03-05-2009, 11:23 AM

I thought they said on GR they offered him 20 mil for 3 years.

sorry if this is already answered, just catching up

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I thought they said on GR they offered him 20 mil for 3 years.

sorry if this is already answered, just catching up
That's the offer that I had heard, a shade under $20 million for 3 years. Doesn't really matter now.

T-Long
03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
ughhhhhhhhh....I am getting frustrated.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
I’d just like to point out that except last year when he was hurt, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place> still had great production. In 2007 he caught 54 balls for over 1,000 yards and had 6 TDs.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
You don’t think the Bills would like anything even close to that in a #2 WR right now? Stop thinking about the future. If this is a guy that can give us a good year at a good rate I’m all for it. We drafted Hardy for the future and he’s not ready yet and may not even play at all in ’09 for all we know.<o:p></o:p>

Galloway and Evans would scare the hell out of defenses with speed. Reed is a good #3 and maybe we get a decent TE.<o:p></o:p>
Are there better WR’s out there than <st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place>? Sure. But in my opinion, he serves a purpose <o:p></o:p>

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Draftboy - I understand your analysis, but isn't that why Keller went in Rd1 and Cook is projected in Rd2? Maybe Cook's stats don't back up a RD1 grade, but, if Cook has better size, speed and Athleticism than Keller (as you say) doesn't this warrant us considering him in rd2? I don't think he lasts to our pick in Rd3. I'm curious, how do you rate him compared to Everett, when Everett was coming out of college? I think we took Everett in Rd2, although it may have beend rd3.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Question to the board:
What do you think of Owens as a Bill for 2 years? “Maybe” the Bills might disagree with what I think will be the popular sentiment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

methos4ever
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
I would absolutely love it. The shelf life of TO prior to him having issues is 2-3 years, so we'd get out of it before things went sour. He's a solid intermediate and short option (heck even deep too sometimes!) and he would force one on one's for Evans. And, despite all of the locker-room stuff, he is a phenomenal worker on the field. Remember that block he threw last year on the run that MBIII had? That guy will work.

And in the smaller Buffalo, he would be the biggest fish in the pond. Match made in heaven.

soapman
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Question to the board:
What do you think of Owens as a Bill for 2 years? “Maybe” the Bills might disagree with what I think will be the popular sentiment.<o:p></o:p>

I don't think you can cancer is that bad when you already have AIDS....

chernobylwraiths
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Question to the board:
What do you think of Owens as a Bill for 2 years? “Maybe” the Bills might disagree with what I think will be the popular sentiment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

It would put Buffalo on the map again, if briefly. He is a tremendous talent.

Don't think the Bills would EVER entertain the thought, he is a baby when he doesn't get the ball and a lockeroom cancer. Pass.

DBrown77
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Question to the board:
What do you think of Owens as a Bill for 2 years? “Maybe” the Bills might disagree with what I think will be the popular sentiment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> I think too much of a risk to destroy the locker room and Trents confidence

Jeff1220
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
At this point, I'd be willing to see them make any sort of move that seems bold and somewhat inspired.

soapman
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
People don't realize that you have to have chemistry to ruin it. He can't break it if it was never fixed.

T-Long
03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
It would put us on the map...he wouldn't be here long enough to create too much of a problem. Though, I would say we would be the LAST team that he would ever want to play for.

T-Long
03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
People don't realize that you have to have chemistry to ruin it. He can't break it if it was never fixed.
post of the day!

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Draftboy - I understand your analysis, but isn't that why Keller went in Rd1 and Cook is projected in Rd2? Maybe Cook's stats don't back up a RD1 grade, but, if Cook has better size, speed and Athleticism than Keller (as you say) doesn't this warrant us considering him in rd2? I don't think he lasts to our pick in Rd3. I'm curious, how do you rate him compared to Everett, when Everett was coming out of college? I think we took Everett in Rd2, although it may have beend rd3.

Its not just Cook's stats its that his stock is based on what he should be able to do based on his size, speed, and athleticism. To date he has no shown that he can do those things in a game situation. I don't like TE's who run bad routes, thats a big no no for me. I love his size and speed combo but I like other TE's just as much like Casey, Ingram, and Nelson who can be had in Rounds 3 or 4.

DrGraves
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
This franchise is in shambles... why don't we roll the dice on someone like Braylon or TO....

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE BESIDES FOOTBALL GAMES??!?!?!?!

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Question to the board:

Offer Owens a 1 year deal, with a PO for the 2nd with high incentives and he may go for it. However he wants a SB title, we can't even offer him a shot at one at this point.

DBrown77
03-05-2009, 11:48 AM
People don't realize that you have to have chemistry to ruin it. He can't break it if it was never fixed. Can't fix it with him either though

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
This is all Im saying.

Team's fans have ZERO enthusiasm.. Owens coming here would be the biggest free agent move in the history of the franchise. that will get fans interested again (I'm talking casual fans)

Its not like we're gonna have to compete with 10 teams for him. I"ve read at least 8 reports saying various teams have no interest in him.

take a chance. 2 year deal LOADED with incentives.

yordad
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I bettcha Edwards wouldn't be texting T.O.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
This is all Im saying.

Team's fans have ZERO enthusiasm.. Owens coming here would be the biggest free agent move in the history of the franchise. that will get fans interested again (I'm talking casual fans)

Its not like we're gonna have to compete with 10 teams for him. I"ve read at least 8 reports saying various teams have no interest in him.

take a chance. 2 year deal LOADED with incentives.
<!-- / message -->

At this point I really wouldn't care. Were not a superbowl team so he would help but I would rather have Galloway.

TacklingDummy
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I bettcha Edwards wouldn't be texting T.O.

I bettcha Edwards would love to have T.O. as another target.

ct bills fan
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I would say no to TO

clumping platelets
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Just say NO to T.O.

gggbills
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Question to the board:

You know, I know that most people would not agree with me, but I think we should sign T.O. I think this team needs to take a risk because what we have been doing the last nine years simple does not work. I am not worried about a 7-9 locker room, perhaps a little drama is what we need in there.

I want a player that really is upset when we get beat week after week. I want more talent on the team to make up for a complete lack of a HC. Let's face it, when you have DJ as a head coach, you better have some talent to make up for that lack of coaching.

Is it a risk? You bet it is, but I am fed-up with the 2nd and 3rd tier FAs we seem to sign so often. Sign a game changer for once. I said this on another board and I will say it here....If Ralph wants to sell out these games and sale jerseys, if he wants to generate some excitment in the fan base, if he want to give the Pats something to think about other than rolling their coverage to Evans, I suggest we sign T.O.

trapezeus
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
owens would eat the emotional-less jauron within minutes. he wouldn't even get one game worth of productivity from him.

owens isnt' worth the headache. i'd rather draft another WR and go with Steve Johnson as the over the middel short route #2 guy with reed. let's use some of these special teams receivers as actual receivers. prove to us that they are in fact multi-talented.

DrGraves
03-05-2009, 12:13 PM
TO is the best WR in the game. Don't talk about how he'll ruin our chemistry or our team. Our team sucks, we don't have any chemistry anyways. There is no direction to go but up at his point.

Commissioner
03-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I would take T.O.

He would show more heart and play with more fire than any of the other emotionless players on our team.

I would take T.O. just for entertainment purposes.

Besides... he's not running over girls and smoking pot in parking lots with unregistered weapons.

yordad
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I bettcha Edwards would love to have T.O. as another target.Until TO whoops him down in the huddle for being so nearsighted.

Edwards would be crapping his pants if we signed T.O. He would be petrified.

Then again, maybe that is what we need for him to throw the dang ball over 10 yards more then twice a game.

gggbills
03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I would take T.O.

He would show more heart and play with more fire than any of the other emotionless players on our team.

I would take T.O. just for entertainment purposes.

Besides... he's not running over girls and smoking pot in parking lots with unregistered weapons.

Thank you. The sad part is we will never even consider it because our FO does not have the grapes to even think a bit outside the box. There are a lot of team, a lot of teams that will go no anywhere near T.O. that gives us a great shot at getting him. We like WRs that few teams want....you know like Coles!!!

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
TO is the best WR in the game. Don't talk about how he'll ruin our chemistry or our team. Our team sucks, we don't have any chemistry anyways. There is no direction to go but up at his point.

TO is not the best WR in the game.

Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson are both better.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
1:25PM: I talked to another writer, and though he doesn’t know for sure yet, you may be surprised to learn the Bills may actually end up interested in safety Roy Williams. He made a valid point as to why.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“Our LB's are a little light and a beast SS in the box would be huge. Plus we can totally spread the field with 4 corners in obvious passing downs”<o:p></o:p>

yordad
03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Besides, I heard Edwards and Fine were drawing up secret plays.

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 12:28 PM
He's a writer...doesn't mean too much. It seems like they are interested in every 2nd tier FA, but the problem is they aren't signing anybody yet.

Slim
1:25PM: I talked to another writer, and though he doesn’t know for sure yet, you may be surprised to learn the Bills may actually end up interested in safety Roy Williams. He made a valid point as to why.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“Our LB's are a little light and a beast SS in the box would be huge. Plus we can totally spread the field with 4 corners in obvious passing downs”<o:p></o:p>

We better hope we have a pass rush next year.

cpearl

Good point, because wasn't that the point of using Scott at SS last season?

cpearl
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Actually that makes sense. And could shed light on the Florence signing - put Williams in the box, Donte at FS, and have McGee, McKelvin, Youbouty and Florence playing CB on passing downs.

soapman
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
This is all Im saying.

What about Drew?

methos4ever
03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Part of the reason for Scott was having a Big Nickel Option on run downs (3 Safeties instead of a corner, with Whitner as the FS or the Corner), but if we put in a Roy Williams, we lose the coverage ability Scott showed against TEs.

In the box though, he's a beast.

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 12:36 PM

So they want to bring Williams in and run him as a ROV type of player? That's interesting...

We still need a CF type S though to make it work. Whitner is not that type of a player. The idea behind that scheme (or at least what I think they are considering) is that Williams would play a middle depth zone if its a pass like a LB dropping into coverage and the FS would play a Cover 1 in the back but its predicated on pressure getting to the QB and your FS being able to make a play on the ball when it gets thrown. We'd need a Sean Jones type to make that D work, imo.

Mahdi
03-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Sweet. I made the exact same point your writer friend did in the Roy Williams thread.

Roy can be a hybrid type player for us.

Big Frank
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
One of my issues that our Staff is so into building our Defense around DB's and Safety's. Shouldn't you build aroung your O-Line and D-Line 1st. Sick of the use of early picks on DB's and FA signings. I know you could make a case that we sign a DB in off season since we will draft a D-End in the draft. But one D-End pick is not a trend, just a first. We havent had an impact player on over 20 years with Bruce, maybe Bryce Paup.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Roy is technically not even released yet..

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
has anyone heard anything about june or foster? they seemed to go to OBD for a visit and then fall of the face of the earth after talking to our media. normally you at least see a report that they are leaving or that they have another visit scheduled. June's joke about having 30 other visits was obviously a joke because of the lack of interest in cover 2 LB's (seeing how there is only a couple teams that run it and he was cut by one and let go by the colts), but nothing after that interview?

ronhelms35
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
According to the Dallas Cowboys website. The releases of T.O. & Roy Williams will be official at 3PM.

ddaryl
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
One of my issues that our Staff is so into building our Defense around DB's and Safety's. Shouldn't you build aroung your O-Line and D-Line 1st. Sick of the use of early picks on DB's and FA signings. I know you could make a case that we sign a DB in off season since we will draft a D-End in the draft. But one D-End pick is not a trend, just a first. We havent had an impact player on over 20 years with Bruce, maybe Bryce Paup.

THE GAME IS WON AND LOST IN THE TRENCHES

If we don't trade for a LG by the Draft, and if Orakapo is not there for us at #11. I could easily see the Bills looking at one of the top T at #11 with one of them likely dropping to us.

Either that or trading down and picking up a DE and extra picks and then grabbing an OL...but I agree we need to do a much better job keeping our lines up to a high enough level.

IMO you can win more games with solid line play and add "skill" position pieces later then you can drafting and building "skill" positions and then trying to fill in OL and DL pieces. OL and DL are always a priority, and if you get solid lines built then you go all out and fill in the skill postions IMO.

So IMO our main focus at #11 is OL or DL.... or tradedown grab extra picks and still pick up OL and DL..

EDS
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Yuck on Roy Williams. I rather sign him to play weakside linebacker then safety. Of course, it is also why I think June is not a great option.

raphael120
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
I doubt any of this happens. Roy Williams is too big name of a player to come here or for us to pay for him.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I doubt any of this happens. Roy Williams is too big name of a player to come here or for us to pay for him.

it isnt that roy is too big a name, its roy will want 5 million a year to come and play outside linebacker when he has never even played a down of it in his NFL career.

Jeff1220
03-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I hate the NFL commercial where he says he realized he had made it when "I was like Superman playing with little kids...whoosh" or something like that. It came across as phony, clueless, and egotistical.
Who's the little kid now Roy?

jdbillsfan
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Not sure we need this site on busy mode with how our offseason is going so far.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Pat have you heard anything my man.

DBrown77
03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Not sure we need this site on busy mode with how our offseason is going so far. your right with the turnstile on the door of 1 Bills Drive. In and out with visitors but no action.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
why ya so quiet pat? Are you not hearing anything? :ill:

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
I"ve been busy.

NOthing for the Bills.. But just read the Pats just traded with Philly to get WR Greg Lewis.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
3:40PM- Kevin Jones just got done speaking to the media about 15 minutes ago.. Does anyone care? And I don’t have any word on what he said (I’m not there)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Michael82
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I"ve been busy.

NOthing for the Bills.. But just read the Pats just traded with Philly to get WR Greg Lewis.
WTF! Why can't we do small moves like that? :sigh:

Michael82
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
3:40PM- Kevin Jones just got done speaking to the media about 15 minutes ago.. Does anyone care? And I don’t have any word on what he said (I’m not there)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I wouldn't mind Kevin Jones as a backup. He's always been good, except for his injuries all the time.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2009, 02:44 PM
WTF! Why can't we do small moves like that? :sigh:

Because Greg Lews is not better that what the Bills have?

EDS
I"ve been busy.

Precurser to the Eagles getting Holt?

jaycorp51
No thank you for TO or Roy Williams. One is a proven locker room cancer and the other is not a safety that will make plays for us. I like Bryan Scott better for our SS. He has the bigger body and can play in the box and take the pounding.

Michael82
Oh one more thing, it looks like we can turn busy mode off now, eh pat?

Michael82
Because Greg Lews is not better that what the Bills have?
There is other WRs that we could trade for...like Holt. :mad:

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
4:00PM: Kevin Jones sent a text message to a writer from the Chicago Tribune. It read “Not sure what I’m going to do”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

ddaryl
03-05-2009, 03:05 PM
4:00PM: Kevin Jones sent a text message to a writer from the Chicago Tribune. It read “Not sure what I’m going to do”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

translation... The Bills made me a good offer, but I'm not to sure i want to play there

Mudflap1
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
translation... The Bills made me a good offer, but I'm not to sure i want to play there

:rofl:

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
The Greg Lewis trade to NE has relevance here because NE was interested in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place>, and won’t be signing him now. This even further opens the door for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> to sign him. It doesn’t really matter what we think, its what the Bills think, and if they bothered to bring him in for a visit, that at least should mean we’re interested in signing him.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Galloway and Jones both could go down today. Then again, the same could’ve been said about Foster and June. Who the hell knows anymore!<o:p></o:p>

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
hey pat do you think june signs today? if they do in fact sign kevin jones that would be one less position of need they have to fill.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 03:18 PM
The Greg Lewis trade to NE has relevance here because NE was interested in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place>, and won’t be signing him now. This even further opens the door for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> to sign him. It doesn’t really matter what we think, its what the Bills think, and if they bothered to bring him in for a visit, that at least should mean we’re interested in signing him.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Galloway and Jones both could go down today. Then again, the same could’ve been said about Foster and June. Who the hell knows anymore!<o:p></o:p>
Don't give up pat. I know you are frustrated...but what you are doing helps us out by giving us info that we wouldn't get anywhere else. Eventually you will be able to break a big signing and that will help put you on the map. Keep up the good work! :up:

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2009, 03:19 PM

If you keep saying that they will sign player X today, you will get it right eventually!

:D

SquishDaFish
03-05-2009, 03:19 PM
VText just said they have Freddie Keiaho in today too

Michael82
03-05-2009, 03:20 PM
If you keep saying that they will sign player X today, you will get it right eventually!

:rofl:

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
4:20PM: Per Dr Lecter stealing my thunder via V-Text, Fred Keihao is in for a visit as well. But screw you Lecter, I reported this last week! No search engines?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

trapezeus
everyone, i recommend buying shares of Adams Mark hotel. Seems like the Bills will at least bring a lot of people in. There is some trickle down effect from that.

jimbohastle51
VText just said they have Freddie Keiaho in today too

LOL LOL LOL!!! they are going to sign him over june i will put money on it, and not because of productivity, just flat out cause he is cheaper LOL!

patmoran2006

That is true. But I dont want to have a batting average below the Mendoza line.

BTw, I haven't called a single signing that hasn't happened, other than predicting Coles was going to sign, which is a mistake that won't be made again.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:23 PM
LOL LOL LOL!!! they are going to sign him over june i will put money on it, and not because of productivity, just flat out cause he is cheaper LOL!
He did have 105 tackles last year, but no sacks, interceptions or forced fumbles or fumble recoveries. Another words, just call him Ellison+1<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

raphael120
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
He did have 105 tackles last year, but no sacks, interceptions or forced fumbles or fumble recoveries. Another words, just call him Ellison+1<o:p></o:p>

Eff this franchise. You know theyre just going to sign the same players with different names, get fans hopes up, and crush them with no mercy. It happens every year and I'm not going to have false hope ever again. I'll be hopeful when we actual sign someone who will have an impact.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
if they sign keaho and call him an upgrade that is a joke. say what you want about june coming from that system and having 2 down years, but june had DERRICK BROOKS on the other side of him to make plays and he had 4 highly productive seasons in indy. keaho is a special teamer that they were forced to play as a starter last year cause of salary cap restraints.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Pure speculation here on my end.. but if they got Keiaho in right now that means its very likely they didnt come to terms with June.

We may be leading the NFL in FA visits right now.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Eff this franchise. You know theyre just going to sign the same players with different names, get fans hopes up, and crush them with no mercy. It happens every year and I'm not going to have false hope ever again. I'll be hopeful when we actual sign someone who will have an impact.
I dont think Keiaho is going to get any fans hopes up dude.

But I reported last week they were interested him before FA starts. Im surprised it took them this long to get him in.

T-Long
03-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I love Keiaho...I would rather have him than June

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
I love Keiaho...I would rather have him than June
why?

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
I am not going to report this, or confirm this. But I have reason to think the Bills may be inking Kevin jones right now.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
keaho is a cheap, cop out! thats all he is... no one should argue that either. why would the colts let go of a 26 year old stud linebacker unless he was completely average and totally replaceable? we already have a freddie keaho in keith ellison.

Griz78
03-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I think I'd rather have Winborn than Keiaho

X-Era
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Completely agree.

T-Long
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
why?
Really? Keiaho is a TACKLING MACHINE. He is younger and his numbers have just gotten better each year, and June's have dwindled.

Freddy (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=383)

Cato (http://www.nfl.com/players/catojune/profile?id=JUN099668)

Griz78
03-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Looks like Keiaho used to be a FB, he'd be better than McIntyre!

X-Era
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
The Colts were 24th in the league against the run...

translation- Freddy made lots of tackles after the RB gained 4 yards.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Really? Keiaho is a TACKLING MACHINE. He is younger and his numbers have just gotten better each year, and June's have dwindled.

Freddy (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=383)

Cato (http://www.nfl.com/players/catojune/profile?id=JUN099668)
he also wasn't tendered a $1.01 million tag to remain in Indy.. Understood Indy is not in good cap shape, but still. If the player who led your team in tackles is valuable, you find a way to find a million dollars to keep him.

he is better than Ellison, but he's not an impact player by ANY means. in your mention of being tackling machine, did you mention that he has a combination of zero picks, fumbles forced or recovered, or sacks as Ellison? He's also even SMALLER than Ellison. He's listed at 226 pounds and I've already heard once today that up close he looks more like a wide receiver than a LB.

I hate the cover two period, but I understand the type of LB's we look for. I said last week this guy had a target on him for us, and Im surprised it took this long; I just dont think he brings any impact, and therefore doesnt help our front seven at all.

Why can't we go after a pass rushing LB? We should've made a strong play for Vilma a high priority, since it's obvious we're going the FA route at OLB.

casdhf
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
We haven't played a pure cover 2 in years. I think we're going more towards a man defense ... which kits McKelvin and Florence much better

Raptor
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
he also wasn't tendered a $1.01 million tag to remain in Indy.. Understood Indy is not in good cap shape, but still. If the player who led your team in tackles is valuable, you find a way to find a million dollars to keep him.

he is better than Ellison, but he's not an impact player by ANY means. in your mention of being tackling machine, did you mention that he has a combination of zero picks, fumbles forced or recovered, or sacks as Ellison? He's also even SMALLER than Ellison. He's listed at 226 pounds and I've already heard once today that up close he looks more like a wide receiver than a LB.

I hate the cover two period, but I understand the type of LB's we look for. I said last week this guy had a target on him for us, and Im surprised it took this long; I just dont think he brings any impact, and therefore doesnt help our front seven at all.

Why can't we go after a pass rushing LB? We should've made a strong play for Vilma a high priority, since it's obvious we're going the FA route at OLB.

Vilma was never leaving N.O. The only reason that deal got done when it did was because they would have sent there first rounder to the Jets if they signed him before last friday

Griz78
03-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree with pat, I thought we wer beginning to change last year with Mitchell and Crow, both in 240s. At Cato June is around 235 now according to Buffalo News.

We should have never left the 3-4 back when Gregg Williams came in.

methos4ever
Pat,
How would we have made a play for Vilma, when he had a wink and a nudge deal with NO and Tampa with its 61 MILLION dollars in cap room (most likely not going to be spent in order to assuage the pounding the Glazers are having money wise in the EPL) couldn't outbid them for him?

realdealryan
The Colts were 24th in the league against the run...

translation- Freddy made lots of tackles after the RB gained 4 yards.

They are also worse up front than we are against the run. But Keiaho is garbage.

X-Era
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I just wish we would someone decent already!

DieHrdBillsFan23
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
We should re-sign Crowell, plain and simple. He is better than June and Freddy. Crowell is visiting the bucs, where he wont even start, Bring him back.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
We should re-sign Crowell, plain and simple. He is better than June and Freddy. Crowell is visiting the bucs, where he wont even start, Bring him back.
Best post regarding a LB I've heard today.

Crowell is without question better than June, Keiaho, Winborn or anyone else we're going to bring in.

Having said that, its not going to happen. Bridges have been burned. He wont' be back.

And I do think Crowell is going to sign with Tampa, and he WILL start if he does.

EDS
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM

If healthy I agree, Crowell is better then either June or Keiaho.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
[quote=patmoran2006]he also wasn't tendered a $1.01 million tag to remain in Indy.. Understood Indy is not in good cap shape, but still. If the player who led your team in tackles is valuable, you find a way to find a million dollars to keep him.

Why can't we go after a pass rushing LB? We should've made a strong play for Vilma a high priority, since it's obvious we're going the FA route at OLB.[/quote/]

thanks pat! if keiaho was so good the colts would have found a way to keep him.

Raptor
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM

??? I'll go out on a limb and say Crow will easily start over Q.Black and M.McCoy

homeslice5484
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
another day of nothing...YAY!

T-Long
03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
something has got to happen today...

raphael120
03-05-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm told Keiaho or however the hell you spell it means Posey in Hawaiian.

Thurmal
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm told Keiaho or however the hell you spell it means Posey in Hawaiian.
Hilarious. No one got more playing time and made fewer plays than Posey. It was actually impressive. He started here for, like, three years solid and I don't remember one play he ever made. I'm pretty sure he went one of those seasons without even having his name mentioned by announcers once.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 05:16 PM
You forgetting about Eddie Robinson?

WeAreArthurMoates
03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Sweet the bills remain dormant for another day, alright.

SquishDaFish
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanx Pat for bringing up that damn name. All I can see when I hear his name is a missed tackle on the 3 or 4 yard line. Cant remember the game or who against but I see that damn play.

Big Bad Boone
03-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanx Pat for bringing up that damn name. All I can see when I hear his name is a missed tackle on the 3 or 4 yard line. Cant remember the game or who against but I see that damn play.
Chad Pennington juking him out for the game-winning touchdown. What an embarrasment. :fit:

EDS
03-05-2009, 05:32 PM
You forgetting about Eddie Robinson?

Was it Pennington who put that move on Robinson and Robinson froze and crumpled as if Barry Sanders just deked him out of his jock strap. That was embarassing.

DBrown77
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Hilarious. No one got more playing time and made fewer plays than Posey. It was actually impressive. He started here for, like, three years solid and I don't remember one play he ever made. I'm pretty sure he went one of those seasons without even having his name mentioned by announcers once.The only play i remember is when he recovered a fumble and ran like 60 yards toward the end zone and got caught at the 3 yard line by i think a tight end. he had a head start too. I think we only came away with a field goal.

SquishDaFish
03-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes thats the damn play. I couldnt freaken believe it

T-Long
03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
where you at Pat

T-Long
03-05-2009, 05:56 PM
jermaine phillips just resigned with the bucs

streetkings01
03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
The only play i remember is when he recovered a fumble and ran like 60 yards toward the end zone and got caught at the 3 yard line by i think a tight end. he had a head start too. I think we only came away with a field goal.Actually I think the very next play Holcomb was knocked out of the game. The only play I remember from Posey was the 2004 game against the Jets where he picked off a Pennington pass. I remember because that was the very first Bills game I ever went to.