PDA

View Full Version : F-IT.. A Friday FA THread

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Alright, let’s have a FA thread anyway today. I’ll only be here for a few hours though but Im sure other people will have plenty to report and have plenty of reviews.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
10:37am: Honestly, watching Anoop get in as a Wild Card on American Idol has been more exciting than free agency for the Bills thus far.<o:p></o:p>
Jerry Sullivan had in what is my opinion an incredibly accurate quote. He said “It’s not that Ralph is cheap, it’s that he’s afraid to hire strong football people”<o:p></o:p>
How true is that?<o:p></o:p>
Anyway- from the lot of people that we’ve brought in, I think that Keiaho and Gallaway are the bigger priorities for the Bills right now, probably in that order too. It seems for sure going by who’s visited that OLB, WR and RB are three spots they definitely would like to get addressed in FA.<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 09:42 AM
10:40AM: Drew Rosenhaus, ever the agent, claims that several teams are interested in T.O. Though I personally would look into him I’m Buffalo, I’d be shocked if we did. The word is he ruin the chemistry of the team. .My opinion his how much chemistry can you have on a team that continually loses?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The last buffalo fan
03-06-2009, 09:43 AM
It is getting rediculous, Ralph! :ill:

User Manuel
03-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Jerry Sullivan had in what is my opinion an incredibly accurate quote. He said “It’s not that Ralph is cheap, it’s that he’s afraid to hire strong football people”

It is very true. I think Ralph thinks he is a very strong football guy. He is just not as eccentric or as flamboyant as Al Davis which is why he gets away with it.

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
:tap:

T-Long
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
love the quote about Anoop....my wife and I were watching it last night and when he and the dueling piano guys were up against each other, I knew both of them deserved to get in....it was crazy!

jimbohastle51
03-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Alright, let’s have a FA thread anyway today. I’ll only be here for a few hours though but Im sure other people will have plenty to report and have plenty of reviews.<o:p></o:p>
10:37am: Honestly, watching Anoop get in as a Wild Card on American Idol has been more exciting than free agency for the Bills thus far.<o:p></o:p>
Jerry Sullivan had in what is my opinion an incredibly accurate quote. He said “It’s not that Ralph is cheap, it’s that he’s afraid to hire strong football people”<o:p></o:p>
Anyway- from the lot of people that we’ve brought in, I think that Keiaho and Gallaway are the bigger priorities for the Bills right now, probably in that order too. It seems for sure going by who’s visited that OLB, WR and RB are three spots they definitely would like to get addressed in FA.<o:p></o:p>

i guess you could say galloway is a free agent, but keiaho is right on ellisons level in my mind. you can find reports rangeing in tackles for keiaho from 95 total tackles to 105, i am sure there is other reports out there but still that isnt that impressives since he has zero passes defensed and zero INTS and zero sacks last year as a full time starter. keith ellison had aorund 75 tackles so i dont see the upgrade really? mean you gaining a playe that had 30 more total tackles on a horrible defense, that was horrible against the run? i dont understand it? i know he is a cover 2 LB so he doesnt rush the passer but that means he is in zone coverage alot and hasnt got his hands on a single ball to bat it away?!? he is subpar at best no upgrade.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Exactly, Ralph is just thinks he still can be a good football mind. I don't blame him but he's just getting old, while still sharp for a 90 year old he needs a young innovative mind to come in here.

jimbohastle51
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
love the quote about Anoop....my wife and I were watching it last night and when he and the dueling piano guys were up against each other, I knew both of them deserved to get in....it was crazy!

my wife and i watched as well, and i have to say anoop totally was awesome with the bobby brown song. love that kid!!!! LOL!

raphael120
03-06-2009, 10:03 AM
LOL

And it has begun...American Idol chatter on the Bills Zone...it's come to this.

bigbub2352
03-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Personally i would want June over Keiaho, June is a playmaker and excellent in coverage, if we were gonna sign one of the 2 i would say sign June for him being a vet and adding some leadership to the defense

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Personally i would want June over Keiaho, June is a playmaker and excellent in coverage, if we were gonna sign one of the 2 i would say sign June for him being a vet and adding some leadership to the defense

I agree, he's exactly what you need to run the crappy 2 defense. A guy who fly's around and excells in coverage. I have no idea why they are low balling this guy, give him what he wants and call it a day. June would really ease my worries going into the draft.

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 10:24 AM
11:23AM: Regarding the Jets QB situation; been asking around and reading, and read a nice piece on NY Daily News. They might look at someone out there, or they hope Marc Bulger might get released, which could definitely happen if the Rams were to take <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Stafford</st1:place> or Sanchez with the second pick.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Jets need JP!

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 10:28 AM
11:27am: A direct quote from Drew Rosenhaus.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“There are several teams that are interested in signing Terrell,” Rosenhaus said. “I have been in negotiations with these teams. I will not identify these teams at this time. Terrell and I expect to have a deal in place by the end of next week if not sooner.”
<o:p></o:p>
Hmm. Could <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> be one of those teams?<o:p></o:p>

shelby
03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
lol wouldn't that freaking suck.....

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
11:30am: I don’t know if they have any, but if the Bills have interest in Torry Holt they will be better served to work out a trade for him in the next 13 days. I’m hearing there could be a slew of teams who would get in on him, including <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:State>, <st1:City w:st="on">Dallas</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Philadelphia</st1:place></st1:City>. There is no way we’re going to out bid those teams for a guy we’d consider a #2 WR<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Bill Brasky
03-06-2009, 10:32 AM
11:32 breaking news. The Buffalo Bills seem to be close to signing no one. A bunch of people have visited, though. Multiple sources have confirmed this through 50 years of ineptitude. Recently, however, the Bills did show some signs of potentially breaking away from their catatonic state by signing high-profile free agent and former Cincinnati back up Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan will be battling Gibran Hamdan for a coveted piece of real estate on the Buffalo bench this winter.

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 10:34 AM
11:32am: rather than give any updates to the status of potential negotiations, Chris Brown’s lone blog entry over at Bills.com centers around Trent Edwards meeting “Condy Rice”. I wonder if she can play left guard?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Edwards meets Condy Rice (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/06/edwards-meets-condy-rice/)<o:p></o:p>

By Chris Brown - Posted March 6th, 2009 <o:p></o:p>
By participating in the NFL Business and Entrepreneurial program at his alma mater (Stanford) (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/back-to-school-for-butler-denney-and-edwards/b8544d1c-6379-4751-a009-7fa04a73814b)earlier this week, Bills quarterback Trent Edwards also got a chance to rub elbows with some pretty noteworthy people.<o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> told Buffalobills.com via email that during the program former 49ers TE Brent Jones was one of the more interesting speakers. He also took in Stanford spring practice with Brad Butler, who was participating in the program out there as well.<o:p></o:p>
But the most impressive meeting was <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> making the acquaintance of former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice. Rice has ties to Stanford, and is a fan of football. Talk about big man on campus.<o:p></o:p>

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Ralph is too old to deal with T.O.

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 10:38 AM
11:37AM: I got to ask Buffalo News Bills writer Mark Gaughn what he thinks the Bills biggest mistake has been thus far in free agency. His answer? We should’ve signed Jason Brown.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Bill Brasky
03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Ralph is too old to deal with T.O.

unless TO can spark a fury of cracker jack sales at the ralph....

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I got to ask Buffalo News Bills writer Mark Gaughn what he thinks the Bills biggest mistake has been thus far in free agency. His answer? We should’ve signed Jason Brown.

Never saw him as a possibility since he didn't even want to come here. GIVE ME CATO DAMMIT.

Bill Brasky
03-06-2009, 10:42 AM
cato june is not the answer to this teams list of problems

bigbry
03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
11:27am: A direct quote from Drew Rosenhaus.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“There are several teams that are interested in signing Terrell,” Rosenhaus said. “I have been in negotiations with these teams. I will not identify these teams at this time. Terrell and I expect to have a deal in place by the end of next week if not sooner.”
Hmm. Could <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> be one of those teams?<o:p></o:p>

Well look on the bright side people, IF T.O goes to Buffalo its assured he will push Ralph into the long dirt nap.
Just sayin'

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
11:41am: Here’s the first (but hopefully not only) direct Bills item of the day.. I hear Bills doctors spent extra time checking out Gallaway, because they weren’t convinced that he is 100% fully healthy (he was injured last year)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

bigbub2352
03-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Joey Galloway is not the answer as the number 2, we need a physical guy to be brought in to take the hits over the middle to run nice seem routes, this frees up Evans over the top, come on this is basic Football
We should be looking at big WR, even if they dont have alot of production, maybe Reggie Williams, or DJ Hackett who are young and maybe have something to offer in a new system with a young QB
i know there past success doesnt say much for them but look what happened with a guy like Antinio Bryant 2 teams cast him off now he is the Bucs Franchise PLayer
also i am holding out hope that Steve Johnson or James Hardy is that guy
cause Parrish and Reed arent

yordad
03-06-2009, 10:49 AM
cato june is not the answer to this teams list of problemsNo single player could be.

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Crabtree!!

Ickybaluky
03-06-2009, 10:55 AM
my wife and i watched as well, and i have to say anoop totally was awesome with the bobby brown song. love that kid!!!! LOL!

Your balls called. They want to know what the **** is going on.

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Every little step I take........you will be there.......every little move I make.....will be together! :jig:

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 11:03 AM
12:02PM: According to a report at kissingsuzykobler.com, Terrell Owens was spotted in a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Nashville</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">TN</st1:State></st1:place> airport.. Hmm?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
He gonna go see a Preds game :idunno:

ddaryl
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
12:02PM: According to a report at kissingsuzykobler.com, Terrell Owens was spotted in a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Nashville</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">TN</st1:State></st1:place> airport.. Hmm?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

where he is getting on a connectiing flight to Buffalo

sorry just stirring the hornets nest some

Bruce is Loose
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Maybe he couldnt get a direct flight here and was switching planes? :)

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM
"I just saw Terrell Owens at Mighty Taco on Walden Ave!!!!"

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 11:11 AM
12:08PM: this is what Im hearing about some of our recent visitors. When it comes Kreiaho vs June, there doesn’t seem to be a rush to make a decision on which one to sign, because there really isn’t much of a market for them elsewhere. The coaches want to evaluate and watch more tape and make sure they get the decision right. Same goes for Foster vs Jones, though I’m told Jones has an offer on the table from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City>. As frustrating as it is waiting, it would be even more frustrating to make the wrong call at these two spots. I’m extremely confident two of these four will be signed, as well as <st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place> if he is deemed 100% healthy.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Conversely , I’ve heard precious little regarding Mike Peterson since it was reported the Bills were planning on bringing him in early this week. .I can tell you this for sure, Perry Fewel has said that leaving Poz at MLB is definitely Plan “A”.<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL when I saw that last year I CALLED MIGHTY TACO, TWICE.. I told them I was reporter, blahblahblah.. Nobody knew who he was.

EDS
03-06-2009, 11:13 AM

TO would be a great roll model for a guy like Lynch. Could turn Lynch from a dumb SOB to a miserable SOB.

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
12:13PM: The Bills have not spoken to Angelo Crowell since free agency starts and they don’t intend on doing so. Bridges were burned probably deeper than any of us know. But Angelo Crowell will definitely NOT be back in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> next season. The money here, as stated on Monday is that he signs with <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Tampa</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>. I’m sure Indy would love him, but they can’t afford to spend money on LB, and usually don’t anyway.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Bills to sign Owens to 5 year deal. (e4)

trapezeus
03-06-2009, 11:16 AM
at least anoop makes the gesture that he's trying to screw someone. Ralph just screws you through inaction.

patmoran2006
Give em 8 years

EDS
12:08PM: this is what Im hearing about some of our recent visitors. When it comes Kreiaho vs June, there doesn’t seem to be a rush to make a decision on which one to sign, because there really isn’t much of a market for them elsewhere. The coaches want to evaluate and watch more tape and make sure they get the decision right. Same goes for Foster vs Jones, though I’m told Jones has an offer on the table from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City>. As frustrating as it is waiting, it would be even more frustrating to make the wrong call at these two spots. I’m extremely confident two of these four will be signed, as well as <st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place> if he is deemed 100% healthy.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Conversely , I’ve heard precious little regarding Mike Peterson since it was reported the Bills were planning on bringing him in early this week. .I can tell you this for sure, Perry Fewel has said that leaving Poz at MLB is definitely Plan “A”.<o:p></o:p>

Newsflash Pat, neither June nor Keiaho are the right call! Both are at best average starters in a single flawed defensive scheme, and are otherwise completely useless. There is a reason there is no market for these guys.

It is also hard to imagine that Jones or Foster are going to all of a sudden stay healthy and/or be productive.

T-Long
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
I know I was questioned yesterday about liking Keiaho over June, and people were commenting on Indy not even tendering him. With the way their salary cap was at the time, it would have taken a little over 1 million to tender him, and they just thought they couldn't do that

superbills
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Bills to sign Owens to 5 year deal. (e4)

LOL. Eklund weighs in!

Tatonka
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
whatever.. if you have a strong linebacker and you can keep him for 1million, you do it.

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
12:10PM: Just got a call. As of early this morning, the Bills were “making progress” on a deal with Kevin Jones. To me, he’s not worth missing out on my day off though (I’m out of here at 1pm) so lets see what happens today between <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City>.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Newsflash Pat, neither June nor Keiaho are the right call! Both are at best average starters in a single flawed defensive scheme, and are otherwise completely useless. There is a reason there is no market for these guys.

It is also hard to imagine that Jones or Foster are going to all of a sudden stay healthy and/or be productive.
It's not a newsflash to me.. I agree with you.
I would've worked harder on mending fences with Crowell 2 months ago. He's far better than either of them. And if that didn't work out, there had to have been a better LB.

Then again, if I could play D.C. instead of GM, our pickings would be wider because I'd scrap this horrible defensive scheme.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 11:25 AM
12:08PM: this is what Im hearing about some of our recent visitors. When it comes Kreiaho vs June, there doesn’t seem to be a rush to make a decision on which one to sign, because there really isn’t much of a market for them elsewhere. The coaches want to evaluate and watch more tape and make sure they get the decision right. Same goes for Foster vs Jones, though I’m told Jones has an offer on the table from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City>. As frustrating as it is waiting, it would be even more frustrating to make the wrong call at these two spots. I’m extremely confident two of these four will be signed, as well as <st1:place w:st="on">Galloway</st1:place> if he is deemed 100% healthy

That's good to hear and Gaughen's chat would seem to indicate this as well. I guess I'm cool with this appoarch as long as June doesn't go somewhere else. Hope it gets done by saturday, seeing Jones has an offer on the table makes sense if he's prioroty number one.

tat2dmike77
03-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Please take your american lameo chatter to the twilight zone where there is a thread just for you. Nobody cares about some douche bag named anoop or whatever the hell it's name is. This is a football forum not american lameo forum. thanks

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Please take your american lameo chatter to the twilight zone where there is a thread just for you. Nobody cares about some douche bag named anoop or whatever the hell it's name is. This is a football forum not american lameo forum. thanks

Please take your *****ing about their banter to another thread. Nobody cares that you don't care about American Idol. This is not a whining vaginal area forum.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 11:31 AM

This is why I think these guys our good for what were looking at. I hate this D but we need a weakside LBer like June who can fly to the ball and dominate the passing game. The problem with our LBer's last year was they lack true speed, both these guys bring it. June would compliment the other linebackers very well. I hate the system (it ain't going anywhere soon) but I have no problems finding peices to upgrade it.

T-Long
03-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I think the system is scratched come 2010. Stroud could be a nose tackle in a 3-4. Look at the teams who run a 3-4, and then see what their records have been as of late. 3-4 defenses are going to become the norm in a few years

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I disagree about Stroud. At this point of his career, he is not a 3-4 NT. In fact, he might be better at DE in that scheme.

Michael82
03-06-2009, 11:40 AM
12:10PM: Just got a call. As of early this morning, the Bills were “making progress” on a deal with Kevin Jones. To me, he’s not worth missing out on my day off though (I’m out of here at 1pm) so lets see what happens today between <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City>.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I've always liked Kevin Jones. If he can stay healthy, he's a good backup for us.... :up:

jdbillsfan
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM

At least we will be addressing our 3rd RB spot. Very crucial to our success this year.

I do like KJ, but unless it means that we are trading Lynch or Freddy for a starter, it doesn't really help that much.

Jan Reimers
03-06-2009, 11:48 AM
This would be an OK move, given Lynch's possible suspension and the fact that you can never have too much depth.

But could we please sign a G, LB, TE, DT, S or DE, where we DESPERATELY need help?

Jeff1220
03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I think the system is scratched come 2010. Stroud could be a nose tackle in a 3-4. Look at the teams who run a 3-4, and then see what their records have been as of late. 3-4 defenses are going to become the norm in a few years

It seems like it already is the norm. As for the Tampa-2, there's a reason it has just about made the way of the dinosaurs by now.

bigbub2352
03-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I disagree about Stroud. At this point of his career, he is not a 3-4 NT. In fact, he might be better at DE in that scheme.

WOW agree again, wouldnt it be nice if we had a real defensive scheme and implemeneted the 3-4 here
Stroud i think would hold up at NT but would be scary at DE, if Raji fell to 11 and we took him then our D would look a lot different and alot better

Thurmal
03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Here is one guarantee from our eventual free agent class:

You won't be genuinely pleased with anyone we sign. Instead, you will spend the next couple of months talking yourself into a mediocre and/or washed-up player. Not passing judgement, I will too. By August, I'll be telling myself that "if everything goes according to plan," Keiaho could be a poor man's Lance Briggs. Another year of setting ourselves up for disappointment.

EDS
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM

You won't be genuinely pleased with anyone we sign. Instead, you will spend the next couple of months talking yourself into a mediocre and/or washed-up player. Not passing judgement, I will too. By August, I'll be telling myself that "if everything goes according to plan," Keiaho could be a poor man's Lance Briggs. Another year of setting ourselves up for disappointment.

"Nobody circles the wagons . . ."

yordad
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, waste all this time and attention on a #3 RB when he have starting holes ALL OVER!!! SWEET MOVE! I love it. It's better then pizza.

psubills62
03-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Isn't that what most every fan does in the offseason? Those who don't permanently believe that this franchise is in a terrible mess, anyways.

I'd have to believe that Bills fans aren't the only ones who hype their FA signees or draft picks. Seems fairly normal to me. Players get better over the offseason, don't they? http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon12.gif

Jan Reimers
03-06-2009, 12:13 PM

That's just how I justify and rationalize our mediocre FA signings.

I do a similar thing with our mediocre draft picks, by convincing myself that they will really grow and develop in their 2nd or 3rd years. They rarely do.

It's amazing how the mind works when you really want a losing venture to succeed.

bigbub2352
03-06-2009, 12:23 PM

Dead on Bro Dead on
i do it every year with the Bills and Sabres
but i have to tell you for general consensus around town with my friends family etc... alot of people my self included will not be renewing season tickets
i truly believe there is something going on behind this and maybe we really are being major leagued
Like Jan stated as well we are bringing in backups and we need starting positions filled
I think we mite be sniffing the begining of the end my friends
so sad:(

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 12:26 PM
don't get seasons then. You will be REPLACED.

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
:popcorn:

Bill Brasky
03-06-2009, 12:30 PM

by boston, ny, and cleveland fan.

ddaryl
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM

really.. do you really believe that this significant group of season ticket holders are going to be replaced with a new set of season ticket holders ???

season ticket sales will be down, but the Bills FO will call it an economy thing...

yordad
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
don't get seasons then. You will be REPLACED.Do they always sell out of seasons or something?

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
by boston, ny, and cleveland fan.
Yep

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Do they always sell out of seasons or something?
Yep

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
really.. do you really believe that this significant group of season ticket holders are going to be replaced with a new set of season ticket holders ???

season ticket sales will be down, but the Bills FO will call it an economy thing...
Yes

yordad
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
YesHuh? Weren't season ticket sales up last year? If what you are saying is true, how could sales have been "up"?

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Huh? Weren't season ticket sales up last year? If what you are saying is true, how could sales have been "up"?
Yep

Patrick76777
03-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I just want to watch the games! God I miss the days when everybody wasn't an "expert"!

I can't take the constant *****ing and moaning over things that are completely out of your control.

Every player is average or every guy is too old! Or that every player that gets in trouble with the law should be cut immediately. It’s like the backseat GM’s and Journalists want 22 perfect citizen and superstars on the field.

And somehow, people think that if you don’t make the playoffs, it means that just about every player on your team is terrible.

And these “experts” that have preconceived notions of these free agents or college kids! As soon as a name is mentioned, they’re telling about how the player stinks and/or wouldn’t fit our system and how it doesn’t matter because our system sucks anyway. Then they can’t wait to tell you how big of a mistake it was to draft/sign the guy and then bring it up every chance they get to show you how much of an “expert” they really are!

This is especially the case with the draft. Why marry yourself to one player and then get all angry when the team doesn’t take him? You can like a guy if you want, but my god, realize that the team might have different ideas!

I just don’t get it!

My favorite thing in the whole world is getting together with 10 of my best friends and spending 8 hours on Sunday morning/afternoon at Ralph Wilson Stadium. I don’t need to know what blocking schemes our offensive line is using. I don’t need to know if our 4th string linebacker stayed in his lane on a kickoff. I just want to go and enjoy some football. Win or Lose! On Sunday’s between September and December I’m lucky enough to have an NFL team playing games just 10 minutes down the street from my house. But then I’m told that I’m not doing my civic duty because by showing up, I’m encouraging the team to put a poor product on the field. I don’t buy it.

But whatever! You guys appear to be having a blast pretending that you’re “experts” and being miserable about prognosticating the NFL off-season. Who am I to tell you that you’re wrong? I’m just not going to get all worked up about it.

ddaryl
03-06-2009, 01:18 PM
^^^^^^

that's what being a passionate fan does to people... and with the internet there are very focused constant discussions in regards to all this.

it's never going back to the way it was Pat...

for me its about winnin ghte whole enchilada... nothing else. Just having a team isn't good enough for me, just seeing them play is not good enough for me personally. I want what has eluded me my whole life... I want to know what it feels like when my team wins it all.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I just want to watch the games! God I miss the days when everybody wasn't an "expert"!

I can't take the constant *****ing and moaning over things that are completely out of your control.

Every player is average or every guy is too old! Or that every player that gets in trouble with the law should be cut immediately. It’s like the backseat GM’s and Journalists want 22 perfect citizen and superstars on the field.

And somehow, people think that if you don’t make the playoffs, it means that just about every player on your team is terrible.

And these “experts” that have preconceived notions of these free agents or college kids! As soon as a name is mentioned, they’re telling about how the player stinks and/or wouldn’t fit our system and how it doesn’t matter because our system sucks anyway. Then they can’t wait to tell you how big of a mistake it was to draft/sign the guy and then bring it up every chance they get to show you how much of an “expert” they really are!

This is especially the case with the draft. Why marry yourself to one player and then get all angry when the team doesn’t take him? You can like a guy if you want, but my god, realize that the team might have different ideas!

I just don’t get it!

My favorite thing in the whole world is getting together with 10 of my best friends and spending 8 hours on Sunday morning/afternoon at Ralph Wilson Stadium. I don’t need to know what blocking schemes our offensive line is using. I don’t need to know if our 4th string linebacker stayed in his lane on a kickoff. I just want to go and enjoy some football. Win or Lose! On Sunday’s between September and December I’m lucky enough to have an NFL team playing games just 10 minutes down the street from my house. But then I’m told that I’m not doing my civic duty because by showing up, I’m encouraging the team to put a poor product on the field. I don’t buy it.

But whatever! You guys appear to be having a blast pretending that you’re “experts” and being miserable about prognosticating the NFL off-season. Who am I to tell you that you’re wrong? I’m just not going to get all worked up about it.
YEP

jimbohastle51
if they are chooseing between June, and keiaho and "looking at more coaches tape to make sure they get it right" it should be really easy. June has been twice as productive over his career, and the 2 so called down years in Tampa had alot to do with how there defense funnels plays to derrick brooks. if you played across from derrick brooks for 2 of his pro bowl seasons how may plays would you make? old or not you make the pro bowl your damn good.

Patrick76777
^^^^^^

I want to know what it feels like when my team wins it all.

Me too, but I no longer want to be a freak about it.

Mahdi
03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I find that really hard to believe... Yer telling me that the Bills didn't go into FA already knowing which FAs they value most and that they have to conduct post visit evaluation sessions to decide. That seems very amateurish on the part of the Bills FO.

jimbohastle51
03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I find that really hard to believe... Yer telling me that the Bills didn't go into FA already knowing which FAs they value most and that they have to conduct post visit evaluation sessions to decide. That seems very amateurish on the part of the Bills FO.

i think it just worked out that we are really the only cover 2 team that has a couple million to spend on an outside backer in the cover 2. if you look at some of the other cover 2 teams..... chicago (signed urlacher and briggs both to huge extensions and have no money), colts (decided not to tender him, which i still think is fishy, but they dont want him), bucs (the are switching there D around) so there is only us that is actually looking to spend money (not just sign a backup) on the position. i just really hope they do the smart thing and pick June. if they put him back at this comfortable side he could be a pro bowler again. tampa moved him to allow brooks to keep making plays.

yordad
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
YepGood talk.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
i just really hope they do the smart thing and pick June. if they put him back at this comfortable side he could be a pro bowler again. tampa moved him to allow brooks to keep making plays.

I hope so too, but I hope they do it soon. If we wait much longer Cato will just go somewhere mad cheap and compete for a starting spot. Or Atlanta could end up calling him soon. We should just get this guy locked up by saturday, I too think he can be a probowler if they put him back to the weakside.

psubills62
03-06-2009, 01:44 PM

To be fair, neither of those guys were going to be UFA's until the Bucs released June and Indy declined to tender Keiaho. So it's not like the Bills were expecting either of these guys to be available.

Mahdi
03-06-2009, 02:00 PM
To be fair, neither of those guys were going to be UFA's until the Bucs released June and Indy declined to tender Keiaho. So it's not like the Bills were expecting either of these guys to be available.
Guess I didnt think that one through....

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 02:13 PM
I assume Pat is done for the day, I was hoping for one more juicy tidbit. Lets get Jones and June and call it a wrap.

psubills62
03-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Guess I didnt think that one through....

Nah, I understand your frustration. It's kind of annoying thinking that they're interested enough to bring someone in...but who knows if they actually want to sign them? Hopefully they get around to signing at least ONE of these guys, if only for depth purposes.

Mahdi
03-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Nah, I understand your frustration. It's kind of annoying thinking that they're interested enough to bring someone in...but who knows if they actually want to sign them? Hopefully they get around to signing at least ONE of these guys, if only for depth purposes.
I'm actually not that frustrated. I know that the FAs that are left are not going to have a huge impact anyways except for a few. Yes the Bills have a lot of needs but the major ones are going to be filled in the draft. DE, TE and LB can all be addressed in late April.

To me Cato June is just a convenience signing if he comes... not a big deal.

The biggest deal to me would be Kevin Jones because it creates intrigue as to what happens with our other 2 RBs.

psubills62
03-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm actually not that frustrated. I know that the FAs that are left are not going to have a huge impact anyways except for a few. Yes the Bills have a lot of needs but the major ones are going to be filled in the draft. DE, TE and LB can all be addressed in late April.

The biggest deal to me would be Kevin Jones because it creates intrigue as to what happens with our other 2 RBs.

I think it would be nice to shore up the LB spot before the draft. One less hole on the roster is a good thing. However, one bright spot is that most of the positions we have needs at (TE, DE, WR, OG, etc.) are either very deep in this draft, or they are traditionally taken later in the draft. Tight ends and guards don't start going until the second or third rounds, generally. So we could get a top player from three different positions in the top three rounds.

Kevin Jones is interesting, and I still like the guy because of what he could do if he was healthy. But it also reminds me of the Teddy Lehman signing from last year - lots of potential, but history of injuries. Everyone praised that signing, and what happened? He was injured the entire time. So we'll see how Jones works out if they sign him. I have a feeling that things will quickly go back to the way they were after Lynch's suspension ends (i.e. Lynch, Jackson, Jones/Omon on the depth chart).

Oaf
03-06-2009, 02:26 PM
My gosh what a bleak thread. Couldn't page down fast enough.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Good talk.
Yep

bigbub2352
03-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Yep
by the way Thurm i luv that show trailer park boys it is hilarious did u see the movie they made?

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
by the way Thurm i luv that show trailer park boys it is hilarious did u see the movie they made?
Great show!

Yep the movie was funny too!

bigbub2352
03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Great show!

Yep the movie was funny too!

it was unedited on comedy central i was laughing my ass off, is it still on? and what channel i have fios if that helps lol

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2009, 02:56 PM
It is a Canadian made show that has ended after 7 seasons. You can get it on Netflix though!

jimbohastle51
03-06-2009, 03:06 PM

i honestly do not think they should leave our 2 major holes to the draft. i understand that the 11th pick overall is a starter anyways weather he produces or not he will get playing time but even robert ayers who is widely seen as a 2nd round pick has his vices. there this is just a bad draft for high end, sure talent in our 2 most needy positions. for instance almost any other year pettigrew is barley a 2nd round pick but because of the lack of complete TE's in this draft he will get drafted high than he should. same with maybin, orakpo, and brown. they all have so many problems, especially when it comes to 4-3 defenses, even if we draft a DE in the 1st or 2nd round it is less of a sure thing than in years past. the only "real NFL ready" DE that looks like he can just line up in a 4-3 against NFL tackles and put his hand down is orakpo, and he is known as one of the laziest DE's in the draft when it comes to taking plays off. it will be really interesting to see how this whole thing pans out. and at TE he can get the same value in round 3 that we can in the first round, there really isnt that much separating this years prodjected day one picks at TE.

T-Long
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
I think we are going to have a decision on the LB spot tonight. We were waiting to meet with Petersen before deciding on June and Keiaho. I predict we have a LB and Jones signed by the end of the night

jimbohastle51
03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
i dont see how we could add keiaho out of the 3 of them, we need a proven vet not 2 guys with 2 years expirience starting (poz really only has played for 2 years with that injury his rookie year), we have to add peterson and june, maybe keiaho for depth..

Michael82
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Another player that many of us wanted is gone.... :sigh:

Eagles | S. Jones signed
Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:34:09 -0800
Rob Maaddi, of The Associated Press, reports the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl) have signed unrestricted free-agent SS Sean Jones (http://www.kffl.com/player/9183/nfl) (Browns) to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

alohabillsfan
03-06-2009, 04:14 PM
LDE Kelsay NT Raji RDE Stroud
LOLB Mitchell LILB POZ RILB Peterson ROLB Schobel

LCB McGee FS Simson SS Whitner RCB Mcelvin

There is your 3-4

Mahdi
03-06-2009, 04:18 PM
LDE Kelsay NT Raji RDE Stroud
LOLB Mitchell LILB POZ RILB Peterson ROLB Schobel

LCB McGee FS Simson SS Whitner RCB Mcelvin

There is your 3-4
hmmm,,,,, 0-16.

Kelsay would not hold up as a five technique.... Schobel is too slow for a rush OLB and not athletic enough to cover in space. Mitchell is not good enough as a pass rusher. Poz and Peterson as a ILB combo is way too small and weak.

shelby
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Am i the only one who wants us to sign June?

Michael82
03-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Nope, that's who I'm hoping they sign.... :pray:

T-Long
03-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I would love June...but like I said earlier, I also like Keiaho....plus, with the way things are going at OBD....I bet we get Keiaho over June and Petersen

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Dont know if this is posted yet on here, havent been here. But K. Jones upped with CHIcago on a 2 year deal.

jimbohastle51
03-06-2009, 05:02 PM

they are going to have to sign him now just to get someone in here that is worth a damn. they cant over pay for peterson and sell it to the fans. no one wants a LB that is over 32 and hasnt been healthy in 3 year, also lost his starting job last year. just cause the stats say he played for more games doesnt mean it is true, he road the pine for 6-7 games

chernobylwraiths
03-06-2009, 05:21 PM

Did you forget the sarcasm tag?

tat2dmike77
03-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Please take your *****ing about their banter to another thread. Nobody cares that you don't care about American Idol. This is not a whining vaginal area forum.

Really i wasn't able to tell by all the Bills suck threads.

jpdex12
03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Alright, let’s have a FA thread anyway today. I’ll only be here for a few hours though but Im sure other people will have plenty to report and have plenty of reviews.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

No offense Pat, but don't waste your time! This is horse ****! You can report all you want about who is at OBD visiting and about what your secret leaker is telling you but it's just getting old hearing the same old "nothing".

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we considered a few different players but then didn't draft them during the draft. Hell, Ralph is getting so bad he may start thinking that if he doesn't waste his draft picks this year he might be able to start stock piling them and adding value to the sale of this team.