PDA

View Full Version : Waters not at minicamp

DrGraves
04-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Waters and Tony are not a Chiefs camp according to PFT... think there is any chance we can try to get Waters in a Bills uniform still?

yordad
04-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Yes please. :pray:

psubills62
04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills are trying, but I just don't see the Chiefs trading away one of their better players.

I would love it if they got him.

DrGraves
04-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I mean if he is as disgruntled as peters was... maybe they will deal him...

Luisito23
04-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Can you guys imagine if we end up getting Waters, and Henderson...I think those would be two great moves for us.

evdawg419
04-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Apparently the Chiefs contacted us about Parrish. Pioli wants a guy like Welker for Cassle. Maybe we can package something together with them 2 involved.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Can you guys imagine if we end up getting Waters, and Henderson...I think those would be two great moves for us.

Deffinitly, but I cant get to excited about it. Get to excited, then its a bigger let down when/if it doesnt happen. Would love to see it happen though.

Michael82
04-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Maybe patmoran's prediction is going to come true. He has said many times that the Bills are interested in Waters. Seeing how we lost one Pro Bowl OL, why not bring in a replacement Pro Bowl OL? Plus we can give them Roscoe Parrish in the deal..... :up:

LtFinFan66
04-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Waters and Tony are not a Chiefs camp according to PFT... think there is any chance we can try to get Waters in a Bills uniform still?no

Michael82
04-18-2009, 01:40 PM
no
:blahblah:

LifetimeBillsFan
04-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Waters and Tony are not a Chiefs camp according to PFT... think there is any chance we can try to get Waters in a Bills uniform still?

I think the odds just improved considerably.

IMHO KC really didn't want to part with Waters...after all, they need guys to help protect Cassel and, while he is getting up there in age, Waters still is a very good player. And, from some of what I read, they were looking for a 2nd rounder if they did trade him--which no team was offering.

But, if Waters, who is his own agent, isn't going to show up at mini-camp for his new HC, that could change things a lot in terms of how KC views Waters now. Having a guy of his stature snub the new HC could seriously undermine the HC's authority--something that no organization wants to see happen. And, Pioli wasn't too tolerant of holdouts during his tenure in NE--older vets who held out or complained about money generally ended up leaving town pretty quickly when Pioli was with the Pats.

So, it is possible that KC will now be more interested in moving Waters and be more willing to consider the kind of offer that the Bills could make with the picks that they have at this point.

Certainly, if I were in the Bills FO, I would be calling the Chiefs to see if a deal for Waters could be made. Having lost Peters, the Bills have nothing to lose in trying to bring Waters in and the price just might be a bit more reasonable now--especially since KC will need picks to makeover their team. (I'd also ask what it would take to acquire Dorsey, who may not be a fit in the 3-4 that they are adopting, as well while I was on the phone with KC!)

Philagape
04-18-2009, 03:34 PM
(I'd also ask what it would take to acquire Dorsey, who may not be a fit in the 3-4 that they are adopting, as well while I was on the phone with KC!)

Not to mention Hali. They're trying him as a LB now.
http://twitter.com/kb_kcstar

ddaryl
04-18-2009, 03:39 PM
send them Parrish and our 4th for Waters.

Dr. Pepper
04-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Parrish and our 3rd for Waters?

Luisito23
04-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Parrish and our 3rd for Waters?

If we're including Parrish then a 4th. should be enough.

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 03:42 PM
no
And what has Miami done? Got a saftey, what else?

Dr. Pepper
04-18-2009, 03:42 PM
If we're including Parrish then a 4th. should be enough.

even better!

jamze132
04-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I definitely think Parrish and a 4th is more than fair. Since we have two 4th's, I would even send them ours, and not Philly's if that's what it took.

jamze132
04-18-2009, 03:44 PM
And what has Miami done? Got a saftey, what else?
You are about to be owned by a fishfan...

jimbohastle51
04-18-2009, 03:46 PM
one thing is for sure, the deal for waters would obviously include parrish. pioli did contact the bills about him and it has been reported that we want waters so whatever happens from there its obvious they are trying to work something out. the hangup is probably how valuable is parrish. you know waters value as a probowl, all pro LG and still having a good 4 years left in him. figuring parrish's value outside of special teams will the the intersting thing cause that is what will decide what pick we give them along with him. i think we send out extra 4th along with parrish for waters. and i think that is the reason we took the extra 4th and a 6th next year instead of just a first and a 3rd. parrish and the 28th 4th round pick for waters. and then we shift walker to LT if smith insant available and draft a ebben britton type with the 28th pick in the first and let him play RT for a year or go ahead and start him at LT and hope having a dominant LG protects him a bit. and we will still have McKinney who is very reliable depth for both G and C.

Ginger Vitis
04-18-2009, 06:12 PM
So its quite possible Pioli thinks Roscoe Parrish could be the Chiefs version of Wes Welker.. With Todd Haley as HC watch Roscoe catch 70 balls this year..Oh the humanity!!!!