PDA

View Full Version : Oher, Smith, Everette or Ayers?

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Say these are our main choices. Do we go with the more talented OT who has work ethic problems, the safe T Oher, the speed rusher, or the slower but more effective rusher?

Devin
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Oher is a monster, hes my pick.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 06:04 PM
How is Ayers the more effective rusher? Scout.com have Ayers rated the 20th best overall player, and Brown the 9th best overall player.

Ayers had 3.5 sacks in his last season, Brown had 13.5 sacks.

Smith has colossal work ethic and character issues whilst Oher has some pass protection issues, is weak and some have questioned his motivation to the point where they think he could have a high 'bust' risk.

It is Brown every day of the week ending in a 'y'. We can get as effective a tackle as Oher lower down, the fall off at DE is bigger.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I'd take Brown...then get a LB at #28 (if a guy falls) if not then I take the top center at #28.

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 06:16 PM
I went with Oher. You don't lose your starting LT and not replace him. Bottom line is the DE class is weak while the OT class is pretty strong. The Bills need a situational rusher not a starter and you can get a situational guy in round two. The weakest link on the team right now is OL. The weakest part of this team is offense. You want to make this offense work you draft your OL early. OBD created the holes. I expect them to fill the holes. Oher is on top of the list of to draft. If Peters wasn't traded I could go for a DE first, but the thing is that he is gone you gotta go for what you need. The Bills set themselves up perfectly to get guys they need. OT, OG. You get the best players you can. Aligning yourself with those picks the best guys to get are Michael Oher and Alex Mack. Picks 11 and 28. No brainer. They come in and play right away. I expect Bell to get Walkers job in the near future.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I went with Oher. You don't lose your starting LT and not replace him. Bottom line is the DE class is weak while the OT class is pretty strong. The Bills need a situational rusher not a starter and you can get a situational guy in round two. The weakest link on the team right now is OL. The weakest part of this team is offense. You want to make this offense work you draft your OL early. OBD created the holes. I expect them to fill the holes. Oher is on top of the list of to draft. If Peters wasn't traded I could go for a DE first, but the thing is that he is gone you gotta go for what you need. The Bills set themselves up perfectly to get guys they need. OT, OG. You get the best players you can. Aligning yourself with those picks the best guys to get are Michael Oher and Alex Mack. Picks 11 and 28. No brainer. They come in and play right away. I expect Bell to get Walkers job in the near future.

You do realize that your statement backs up why you take one of the top DE's early...don't you?

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 06:51 PM
You do realize that your statement backs up why you take one of the top DE's early...don't you?
hahahahahaha thats classic

SABURZFAN
04-19-2009, 07:14 PM
i would take Andre Smith.

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 07:23 PM

No actually it doesn't. The top 4 are guys who step in and play LT right away. The rest of the guys in this draft have to play RT before they even get a chance to move over and play LT. Last I checked we already got a guy like that in Bell. Oh and honestly when I say this years class of DE's is weak that means you can get guy in the second round that could potentially do what a DE in the first round could do. So with that said. You didn't show me up in any way. Honestly I think you just made yourself look stupid.

FlyingDutchman
04-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Andre Smith but I dont think he makes it to us. Ill be happy with Oher.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 07:25 PM
No actually it doesn't. The top 4 are guys who step in and play LT right away. The rest of the guys in this draft have to play RT before they even get a chance to move over and play LT. Last I checked we already got a guy like that in Bell. Oh and honestly when I say this years class of DE's is weak that means you can get guy in the second round that could potentially do what a DE in the first round could do. So with that said. You didn't show me up in any way. Honestly I think you just made yourself look stupid.

Actually, no, no I didn't. The draft is actually in reverse of what you said. Hey, but who am I "to show you up?"

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 07:26 PM

Actually most scouts think that William Beatty, Jamon Meredith and Gerald Cadogan will be LT from Day1

Only Eben Britton might start on the right before swapping as he is not as fluid in his movement as the others.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Andre Smith but I dont think he makes it to us. Ill be happy with Oher.

There are major questions about Oher's learning ability and his ability to play LT. Many are saying he looks more like a RT in the NFL and I don't see the Bills picking a RT that high. They're much better off waiting until the 2nd round to get one.

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Right buddy. Whatever you say. While there is a big gap between the top 4 tackles and all the other tackles available every defensive end in this draft has question marks. So enlighten me why is it that potentially 4 tackles could go top 10 and every DE being mentioned, besides Orakpo, is drafted anywhere from 9 to 32? Here I'll give you the answer. The talent is pretty much the same.

The Spaz
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Everette Brown!

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Michael Oher could be the best LT coming out in this draft. Wonder why he got an invite to Radio City? Gee I don't know. Guess the scouts who are in the know think he's got big time potential. Playing in the tough SEC and dominating might have something to do with it. Same thing with Andre Smith. The elite four. Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, and Michael Oher. I think the Bills know they can get one of them. Otherwise they wouldn't have traded Peters.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Ha, ha, ha...your posts are entertaining.

elltrain22
04-19-2009, 07:45 PM
I personally would be happy w/ any of these guys, and IMO, I think that 1 of these 4 guys will be our choice. With that said, I am a Oher supporter. I think this kid can step in, and help us out from day 1. If we don't get him though, I'd love to see us draft Robert Ayers.

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Ha, ha, ha...your posts are entertaining.
Yep they are so entertaining. So true. So unbelievably true. Don't you worry though. I am sure the Bills will get a situational rusher with pick 28 or 42.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Yep they are so entertaining. So true. So unbelievably true. Don't you worry though. I am sure the Bills will get a situational rusher with pick 28 or 42.

Yep, you know everything...do you have the lottery numbers for this week?

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Yep, you know everything...do you have the lottery numbers for this week?

No I don't. What I do is look at the puzzle see what pieces fit where and then make accurate assumptions at what value is there and what positions are needed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do this. All you need to do is use your brain logically. You need to see a fortune teller. Maybe he can tell you winning numbers to the lotto. That doesn't take logic.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
No I don't. What I do is look at the puzzle see what pieces fit where and then make accurate assumptions at what value is there and what positions are needed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do this. All you need to do is use your brain logically. You need to see a fortune teller. Maybe he can tell you winning numbers to the lotto. That doesn't take logic.

If this is what you do, then you should know that the Draft is never pure logic and never falls like we all think it should. If that was the case, then everybody would be able to predict every pick in the draft.

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
If this is what you do, then you should know that the Draft is never pure logic and never falls like we all think it should. If that was the case, then everybody would be able to predict every pick in the draft.

I wonder why Mayock can pretty much predict the first round. Guess because logically he looks everything over based on team needs and is in the know of what what team needs most. I am not saying I can do that, but I can put logic to what the Bills do with pick 11. I don't know all other teams needs. I do know what the Bills need though.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
I wonder why Mayock can pretty much predict the first round. Guess because logically he looks everything over based on team needs and is in the know of what what team needs most. I am not saying I can do that, but I can put logic to what the Bills do with pick 11. I don't know all other teams needs. I do know what the Bills need though.

So, did the Bills NEED McKelvin last year? That's my point, I can see this organization reaching for Pettigrew before taking an OT at #11. I'd hate that pick and would absolutely lose my lunch, but I could see them doing something stupid like that. I have absolutely no idea how the Bills value each player or where they have them on there draft board. All I can do is give MY opinion on what I feel they should do.

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 08:42 PM
So, did the Bills NEED McKelvin last year? That's my point, I can see this organization reaching for Pettigrew before taking an OT at #11. I'd hate that pick and would absolutely lose my lunch, but I could see them doing something stupid like that. I have absolutely no idea how the Bills value each player or where they have them on there draft board. All I can do is give MY opinion on what I feel they should do.

Yeah the Bills did need McKelvin last year. McGee and Greer were the starters. When Greer went down last year it was pretty obvious when the Bills took McKelvin that it was a smart choice. They had lost Clements the previous year and everybody was *****ing about not having a cornerback. In 2007 there were talks out there we could have gotten Leon Hall so yeah I would say I could see it coming that we needed a cornerback. We also needed a receiver, but due to the lack of any real depth at the position you would have reached for one at 11. And I mean really reached for one. This years DE class is a lot like last years WR class. A whole lot of second round talent. Which in turn puts me back to why I think that OT is the most valuable position for us at 11. I know you want a sexy pick, but the smart pick right now is an OT. With Michael Oher probably being the selection.