PDA

View Full Version : HHURRICANE APOLOGY, I THINK.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I've gotten a bunch of e-mails and PM asking me why I'm being so negative and if I'm okay. First off, I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative. I am as frustrated with this team as I have ever been and maybe the Peters debacle for me is the last straw.

I watched this team get their butt's kicked by the Dolphins for a full decade in the 70s, a record by the way. Than I watched the Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough catastrophies in the 80s. I sat their in that endzone and watched wide right. I watched in horror as we probably blew our best chance to win a Superbowl with the music city miracle.

I've stayed a fan.

But people it's not looking good. The game in Toronto has been just horrible for the team and it's fans. The owner seems intent on getting the team moved after his death to maxmize his kids inheritance. And now when the guy has only a few years left on this earth he seems more concerned about P&L than winning. Sorry, but that's a character flaw for a guy that has been so blessed.

I'm a successful person in life with a great family. The Bills are my release and I enjoy the fans and the area. I just feel like now we are being taken advantage of and I'm not sure I can go on being enthusiastic about a team that doesn't really care. 9 years people. 9 years.

I'll try and keep my posting to a minimum this week in hopes that someone can find me a silver linning because I am not seeing it at all.

mikemac2001
04-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Its April....Why ***** now

Enjoy the draft

Surprise cuts

training camp and preseason

Once the season starts and we are sucking thats when you can *****

Crying about it now won't change what the future has for the team

Michael82
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I gotta admit, this has been one of the hardest offseasons in years for me to get excited, but now that the draft is 5 days away, I can't wait! I know that the Bills have a ton of holes on the team, but this is the time of the year where teams are built and hopefully our team will bring in some talent via trades and draft picks that will help us develop a team for 2010 and beyond. I'm not mad at you, but I do want you to allow me the ability to enjoy this time and all the way until September where that hope starts getting bigger and I get more excited for some Buffalo Bills football again.

don137
04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
If you took a poll of all the Bills fans I think an overwhelming majority of them would say they do not like how this team is run in the last 10 years and do not think it is getting better anytime soon. I do not expect much from the Bills this year at all. I think the ownership and front office is a joke. Jauron is an awful game day coach that decisions has cost this team games.
However, this is football, which is suppose to be enjoyable. Most posters see how bad things are but do not need to post all the bad stuff with every message. They want to enjoy the Bills and not stress the bad over the good continuously. I will be critical of this team but do not need to dwell on it. Enjoy the moment for what it is because this team very possibly will be gone after RW dies. If it only brings misery then maybe there is no point being a Bills fan.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2009, 09:57 AM

Enjoy the draft

Surprise cuts

That sums up my thinking, exactly.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I would say that the only thing that gets me worked up is when I see fans trying to justify a bad move like Peters. I'd much rather admit that it sucks and hopefully we can somehow recover from it.

1) Peters wanted to play here. FACT. Neither he or any article has said otherwise.

2) Peters did not want to be traded. FACT. He said he was shocked that he got traded and again no reports to confirm otherwise.

3) He sucks. NOT A FACT. The guy played very hard for this team up until the contract debacle. Our FO played chicken with him and lost. We lost a player, he got his deal, and he came in too late to be a good contirbutor in 2008. He had one bad season.

I'm resigned to Peters being gone but this was a big loss.

Mikey, this is one of my favorite weeks in football. I had one of the best party's ever during the Lynch and Poz draft. It was a blast.

But it's alot harder to be excited with what they've done so far. I hope my minds chnaged in 7 days.

Tatonka
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
you apology sucks.

you said you were done with the team.

leave.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
you apology sucks.

you said you were done with the team.

leave.

Whatever. I may stay just to piss you off.

Tatonka
04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
you may stay because your a liar just like jason peters.

i knew you were full of **** when you started crying about peters being gone was the worst thing in the world and you were done with the bills blah blah blah..

so actually staying just proves that you are full of **** and you are a liar. so stick around, donkey.

:up:

alohabillsfan
04-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I would say that the only thing that gets me worked up is when I see fans trying to justify a bad move like Peters. I'd much rather admit that it sucks and hopefully we can somehow recover from it.

1) Peters wanted to play here. FACT. Neither he or any article has said otherwise.

2) Peters did not want to be traded. FACT. He said he was shocked that he got traded and again no reports to confirm otherwise. JOK

3) He sucks. NOT A FACT. The guy played very hard for this team up until the contract debacle. Our FO played chicken with him and lost. We lost a player, he got his deal, and he came in too late to be a good contirbutor in 2008. He had one bad season.

Mikey, this is one of my favorite weeks in football. I had one of the best party's ever during the Lynch and Poz draft. It was a blast.

But it's alot harder to be excited with what they've done so far. I hope my minds chnaged in 7 days.

WOW! time to lay off the meds!

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 10:32 AM

i knew you were full of **** when you started crying about peters being gone was the worst thing in the world and you were done with the bills blah blah blah..

so actually staying just proves that you are full of **** and you are a liar. so stick around, donkey.

I said I was done with the Bills not this board. I may still post as fan of the NFL like NE39.

Don't twist stuff. I want to stay here long enough to watch everyone ***** about how bad the Bills o-line is. Believe me it was awesome watching everyone change their mind on Schobel after I got abused for that one last year.

justasportsfan
04-20-2009, 10:33 AM

:bf1:

bigbub2352
04-20-2009, 10:34 AM
HH u dont need to go anywhere i like reading ur posts, negative suppostive or whatever

Sometimes the truth hurts alot of people on here who are trying to be optimistic, or brain washed by our clever ticket selling front office.

This offseason can be summed up so far with one signing TO, to sell tickets, they brought in a hi markee FA to soften the blow of our OLine and Dline being drastically the biggest problem on our team, no pass rush and no blocking gets u 3 7-9 seasons.

U add another flashy psoition player in TO to sell in canada and here and alot of people forget about the horrible drafts and horrible job in Free Agency

this has been a rollercoaster of an offseason, and as long as Skeletor and his caoching staff and this talentless Front office is here we will be treated like the ignorant fans they think we are and keep putting out an inferior product to sell tickets and guess what we will buy them and train our kids to buy them cause we all bleed red white and blue, just people with lots of money like to take advantage of that by saying we are in danger of losing our team even though we sell out every game and buy crazy amounts of merchandise

HH be negative if some cant handle it oh well just referance them to no playoffs in 9yrs, and keeping Skeletor employed because when it is all said and done the only thing that matter is Winning the Super Bowl and guess what folks not happening this yr cause our gaol is to try and at least make the playoffs LOL

keep signing other teams backups, drafting bad and not paying premium players hmmm that philosphy has worked so well for us hmmmm....

justasportsfan
04-20-2009, 10:34 AM
I may still post as fan of the NFL like NE39.

:roflmao:

Ebenezer
04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
guys...keep it to topic or this thread gets dumped into spam faster than a blink...

promise.

Michael82
04-20-2009, 10:43 AM

2) Peters did not want to be traded. FACT. He said he was shocked that he got traded and again no reports to confirm otherwise.

You believe the national news too much. I'm sorry, but Vic Carucci is a tool and don't even get me started on the ESPN morons. None of these idiots know anything about what's going on at One Bills Drive and either do you or I. We don't know what the Bills really offered him. hell, we don't know how big of a demand, he had for them. I still believe that he wanted out unless they paid him $12 million or more. And he signed for less in Philly, because it wasn't Buffalo.

I also believe that it's his own fault for asking for a new contract a few years ago and not having a clause in the contract for when they move him to LT.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I made a sincere apology. Some people hate the truth but ripping me for it just makes you look bad.

I'm laying low this week so not to temper the excitement of what should be any fans most exciting off-season weekend.

I love the NFL and love the Bills. But I can't afford to invest time in anything where the ownership isn't invested in a good outcome. Maybe the next 7 days will change my mind.

Buckets
04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
guys...keep it to topic or this thread gets dumped into spam faster than a blink...

promise.

And exactly what was the topic?

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 10:47 AM
You believe the national news too much. I'm sorry, but Vic Carucci is a tool and don't even get me started on the ESPN morons. None of these idiots know anything about what's going on at One Bills Drive and either do you or I. We don't know what the Bills really offered him. hell, we don't know how big of a demand, he had for them. I still believe that he wanted out unless they paid him $12 million or more. And he signed for less in Philly, because it wasn't Buffalo.

I also believe that it's his own fault for asking for a new contract a few years ago and not having a clause in the contract for when they move him to LT.

Let Russ Brandon come out and address the situation like a man if that's true. Let's hear it. Let's hear the offer he turned down and explain why they thought they couldn't do better.

If you are not resigning your best player than tell me where that money is going to be used more wisely.

Mikey, we shouldn't have to get our info from the news. The FO should be transparant enough to tell us what they are doing and why this team will be better.

justasportsfan
04-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Maybe the next 7 days will change my mind.
:ill:

kgun12
04-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I've gotten a bunch of e-mails and PM asking me why I'm being so negative and if I'm okay. First off, I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative. I am as frustrated with this team as I have ever been and maybe the Peters debacle for me is the last straw.

I watched this team get their butt's kicked by the Dolphins for a full decade in the 70s, a record by the way. Than I watched the Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough catastrophies in the 80s. I sat their in that endzone and watched wide right. I watched in horror as we probably blew our best chance to win a Superbowl with the music city miracle.

I've stayed a fan.

But people it's not looking good. The game in Toronto has been just horrible for the team and it's fans. The owner seems intent on getting the team moved after his death to maxmize his kids inheritance. And now when the guy has only a few years left on this earth he seems more concerned about P&L than winning. Sorry, but that's a character flaw for a guy that has been so blessed.

I'm a successful person in life with a great family. The Bills are my release and I enjoy the fans and the area. I just feel like now we are being taken advantage of and I'm not sure I can go on being enthusiastic about a team that doesn't really care. 9 years people. 9 years.

I'll try and keep my posting to a minimum this week in hopes that someone can find me a silver linning because I am not seeing it at all.

This sums up the way I feel also. I have been a fan of the Bills and NFL since 1965 and I have never not been excited about the upcoming year. This year I really don't care one way or the other. I will take it a step further than HHURRICANE and add that I don't like the direction the NFL as a whole is going. The players mainly the young players, are turning this league into a police blog. There lack of respect they have for themselves, team, league is horrible! However, what is even worse than the players, is the teams, media and fans making excusses, condoning or minimizing these issues, if they have talent we will look the other way. Hell following the NFl, the past couple of years has been like watching the show COPS! If I wanted this from my sports league, I would follow the NBA. It won't take much on Sunday to get me away from my TV set. Such a great sport and league.

I can't believe how far it has fallen. Listen to the old timers, Frank Grifford talk about his first contract with the Giants. The number one pick, he went in to the FO and they offered $6000 a year, he said he wanted $8000, they told him to have a good life and leave the office. Guess what? he played for 6 grand. I guess the old saying holds true, money riuns everything, it's holding true with the NFL!

yordad
04-20-2009, 10:51 AM
We are being taken advantage of, but not by the players (well, now that Peters is gone).

Dr. Lecter
04-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I really think the negativity is fine. We are all here to express our opinions. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The problems start when:<o:p></o:p>
A. The negative attitude comes with a snide, condescending, rude, arrogant attitude as well. The same goes for the overly optimistic as well. One can disagree without being disagreeable.<o:p></o:p>
2. The same thought/idea is shared in multiple threads and in multiple posts. I hate the trade too. A number of us do. But we do not need to start multiple threads expressing our discontent. <o:p></o:p>

Oaf
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't think it's the negativity. IMHO at least, its how wildly inconsistent you are in your threads. YOu make big time reactions everytime something happens and its seems that your always flip flopping on your thoughts before. Just IMHO.

methos4ever
04-20-2009, 10:59 AM
HH,
I think as I've said before I don't mind having a spirited convo with any of you fine folks here, otherwise I wouldn't post here (and others as well) instead of BB.com, etc....

I like hearing why people don't like moves and debating it - but recently the woes of the team (by their own fault) has caused a pall to fall over them. I hope that you stick around and enjoy the team however you can - because at least you're open about where you stand!

Michael82
04-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Let Russ Brandon come out and address the situation like a man if that's true. Let's hear it. Let's hear the offer he turned down and explain why they thought they couldn't do better.

If you are not resigning your best player than tell me where that money is going to be used more wisely.

Mikey, we shouldn't have to get our info from the news. The FO should be transparant enough to tell us what they are doing and why this team will be better.
One thing you keep forgetting...the Bills went into the offseason with re-signing Jason Peters as their biggest priority. The fact that they couldn't and the fact that they traded him, points to me that he really didn't want to be here. Oh wait, I forgot another fact....

Both last offseason and this offseason, Peters cut off all contact with his fellow teammates. How does that look like a good guy that actually wants to be here and play for this team? Also, did you see Whitner's Facebook status after the trade? It didn't sound like a player that was upset Peters was traded....

Two first round picks YES

DRELOVESBills
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Whatever. I may stay just to piss you off.

well you will piss a lot more ppl then him off!!!

dude act your age not your shoe size! we don't want you here anymore go away!!

DMBcrew36
04-20-2009, 12:39 PM

Enjoy the draft

Surprise cuts

How do you enjoy those little things if you know in the big picture that none of it will matter. The team has so many problems and holes.

Nighthawk
04-20-2009, 12:41 PM

I've stayed a fan.

Everybody is frustrated, but you've got to wait until you have all the facts from this offseason before you start complaining. You know that I hate Dickey, but I'm still excited about the draft and how it can improve this team. Look at the bright side...that's all we can do!

billogic99
04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I'd like to know why it's such a crime to complian about bad football decisions being made by this FO. So what if someone complains, if the Bills were in the SB 3 out of the last 4 years and someone was saying how great the team is, no one would complain about that. Never winning a SB, missing the playoffs for almost a decade, having a 7-9 season for three years in a row...how much do the fans have to take and never be allowed to vent their frustration? Gee whiz guys, are we only allowed to be happy no matter what happens? What the hell kinda logic is that? I just don't get trashing a Bill fan that's sick of the losing, last I checked that would be an expected reaction to losing.

HAMMER
04-20-2009, 01:09 PM
I'd like to know why it's such a crime to complian about bad football decisions being made by this FO. So what if someone complains, if the Bills were in the SB 3 out of the last 4 years and someone was saying how great the team is, no one would complain about that. Never winning a SB, missing the playoffs for almost a decade, having a 7-9 season for three years in a row...how much do the fans have to take and never be allowed to vent their frustration? Gee whiz guys, are we only allowed to be happy no matter what happens? What the hell kinda logic is that? I just don't get trashing a Bill fan that's sick of the losing, last I checked that would be an expected reaction to losing.

We are ALL unhappy with the mediocrity of this franchise for the last 15 years. That being said, having certain posters pound negativity in every thread they start, and having them start so many of them is beyond annoying.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2009, 01:18 PM
HHURRICANE APOLOGY, I THINK.

1. What do you need to apologize for?

2. That post wasn't an apology, it was another whine.

3. Jason Peters, good riddance. :cya:

4. You quit on the Bills and wouldn't watch games last year because JP was the starter and you came back. You'll be back even though you are upset they traded the overrated Peters. The Bills are your heroin.

mikemac2001
04-20-2009, 01:18 PM
How do you enjoy those little things if you know in the big picture that none of it will matter. The team has so many problems and holes.

Because i know no more then anyone else how the season is gonna be

I can look at the positives and negs but i am just a fan watching and hoping.

If we have already lost hope before the draft then whats the point.

I see hope, i see a chance to add a TE

I saw Walker play good at LT

I see opens helping the running game and opening up Lee (maybe a new TE also)

I see freddie jackson taking advantage of his chance

There are lots of positives to look at i see a 8-8 season but hey who knows maybe

The oline clicks together and trent has time to pass and our RB's don't have 8 in the box every play

what if the end we drafts and a healthy schobal actually get a pass rush

Not everything is negative

I am sick of losing like everyone but i try to find chances for improvement

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 02:42 PM
1. What do you need to apologize for?

2. That post wasn't an apology, it was another whine.

3. Jason Peters, good riddance. :cya:

4. You quit on the Bills and wouldn't watch games last year because JP was the starter and you came back. You'll be back even though you are upset they traded the overrated Peters. The Bills are your heroin.

TD all I said was that I would keep the negativity down this week and not take away from the draft experience. I apologized for being the hammer even though some of you deserve it.

And JP is a perfect example of why I'm on the fence with this team. I knew exactly what was going to happen with him in there and I was super glad I didn't watch. I didn't say I hated the Bills or I gave up on them I just said that I knew the outcome and I wouldn't wathc JP play....which I was 100% right on.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't think it's the negativity. IMHO at least, its how wildly inconsistent you are in your threads. YOu make big time reactions everytime something happens and its seems that your always flip flopping on your thoughts before. Just IMHO.

The flip flop argumnet was made up by Justa who is on my ignore list. The same guy who was the JP homer and where's his boy now?

So you understand what happened for the last time. I made a thread last year that said this wasn't a playoff caliber roster. Which, unfortunately, I was right on.

A few days later I posted a thread where I said I could see a possible scenario where we could win the division. It wasn't based on our roster but how much trouble I though the other teams would have. Miami coming off 1-15, the Pats losing a close Super bowl and Brady possibly overdue for an injury (how ironic was that), and the Jets not having a QB (prior to Favre signing).

Well of course than all I heard was which is it? They were two completely differnet threads and one was purely hypothetical where the other one was my opinion on the roster. And of course I maintained the that team was a 7-9 win team.

So justa, who i pounded about JP decided to get his panties in a wad about that along with me criticizing Schobel and saying we need a DE and the rest is history.

End of story. So that's the so-callled flip flop. Plus Justa too scared to post a thread with anything because he wouldn't be able to handle the criticism that I take for being original or contoversial about stuff.

PS. The funny part is that the majority of my threads end up turning out as predicted. Hell we were winning the division and Brady was hurt and that was a hypothetical scenario.

justasportsfan
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
TD all I said was that I would keep the negativity down this week and not take away from the draft experience. .
Whatchatalkinaboutwillis? 5 threads started by you on the first page of this mb . :rolleyes:

Just leave!

Night Train
04-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Who cares ?

You would light your string bikini on fire for attention. Yor're a desperate *****.

TacklingDummy
04-20-2009, 03:07 PM
And JP is a perfect example of why I'm on the fence with this team. I knew exactly what was going to happen with him in there and I was super glad I didn't watch. But you missed the classic play when Peters missed a block, JP gets hammered from behind, Ellis picks it up, runs for a TD, Jets win.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 03:12 PM
But you missed the classic play when Peters missed a block, JP gets hammered from behind, Ellis picks it up, runs for a TD, Jets win.

I actually heard it on the radio. I was laughing in my car.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Who cares ?

You would light your string bikini on fire for attention. Yor're a desperate *****.

I always wonder why people resort to this. Attention is last on my list. It's a frickin blog board.

Get over yourself.

justasportsfan
04-20-2009, 03:24 PM
I actually heard it on the radio. I was laughing in my car.
exactly. You would laugh at the bills if they lost. Leave already and prove to us you're not all talk and not looking for attention.

Tatonka
04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Who cares ?

haha.. that is about the best post i have seen to sum it up on HH..

:lmao:

and HH.. please don't compare yourself to a quality poster like NE39 who actually posts stuff that people care to read.. when you said you were quiting the bills, half the board cheered..

Tatonka
04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I always wonder why people resort to this. Attention is last on my list. It's a frickin blog board.

Get over yourself.

:rofl:

get over yourself.. says the guy that started a thread about himself.

billogic99
04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
We are ALL unhappy with the mediocrity of this franchise for the last 15 years. That being said, having certain posters pound negativity in every thread they start, and having them start so many of them is beyond annoying.

I hear ya, but the complaining...is it legit? I think it is, I've read a lot of the negativity and 99% is valid. I know we don't like to read the negativity, but that shouldn't be the fans fault. I think this FO continues to focus on the dollar rather than the success, that's not good for the fans IMO. I have no problem reading the negativity as long as it's valid and not nit picking.

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
The problem is you've been flogging this horse to the point where not only is it dead, but it doesn't even resemble a horse anymore.

shelby
04-20-2009, 06:00 PM
i am getting disturbed.....those of you who disagree with HH can do so without resorting to name calling. Keep it civil and don't make me start moving posts and giving out points. Thanks.
/modnazi

Ebenezer
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
HH, this is it in a nut shell. Any devoted Bills fan is going to be upset at the futility this franchise has shown since 1999. That being said, getting pounded day after day after day after day with the same negativity is what is the problem. To some extent you have to lighten up a little.

For example....my wife really doesn't need to hear me complain yet again about her watching the (fill in the latest title of some Hallmark movie) while she at least attempting to enjoy some of the little down time she has. Get it?

Tatonka
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
no he doesnt get.. it wants us to get over ourselves.. so he can start another thread using his own name in the 3rd person.

bigbry
04-21-2009, 12:54 AM
i am getting disturbed.....those of you who disagree with HH can do so without resorting to name calling. Keep it civil and don't make me start moving posts and giving out points. Thanks.
/modnazi

Dear Modnazi,
I want you to know I really enjoy the opinion rendered by HH, and I really enjoy this thread.
Keep it coming people. Voice your thoughts.

BillsWin
04-21-2009, 01:05 AM

I've stayed a fan.

I really think it is the younger posters getting on your case my friend. They weren't around as long as you or even I. They don't remember as much disappointment as we do, so they still have delusions of "being a die-hard fan means always being optimistic." The problem is, I still root for the team, I still throw parties on sundays to watch the game, drink beer, order wings and raise cane. But there hasn't been enough to cheer about and to remain happy about the direction this team is headed.

I know the NFL is a business, and I know what happens behind the desks of some of the people in charge. it doesn't take a very smart man to conclude that Ralph may hold some sinister (yes, I said sinister) plan to have the team just dissapear when all is said and done. There have been minimal moves to show the Bills are serious about winning it all. Even a move like T.O is mainly a publicity stunt, a little sniff of something good to keep the fans at bay and buying tickets.

However, I am always optimistic, and remain excited for another year of football. we are 0-0. We have every chance at the playoffs as 31 other teams. I am excited to welcome in the new faces to the team next week and look forward to seeing how well we compete during the season.

I am not upset about the pessimism, because there is reason for it. I reserve judgment until after the draft, but I am with HHURICANE when I say that I may have reached my last straw. However, I do say this. I will always cheer for the Bills, put on a smile at kickoff and have fun. For me, the Bills represent much more than just a favorite team, I grew up with them, It was something to do with my father, I made alot of memories with Buffalo... I have laughed and cried with the Bills for years and years and years. I will continue to cherish every moment I have with them, for those moments may very well be running out...

Mitchell55
04-21-2009, 01:13 AM
This has to be the most ****ed up looking apology

But I accept it

thenry20
04-21-2009, 01:16 AM

Enjoy the draft

Surprise cuts

You mean like that past 3 years after the preseason games ended and the board genii tell us those performances didn't matter and things would surely be different once the real games started?

Guess what, nothing changed particularly the way the lines played. Nothing has changed, in fact things have gotten much worse!!!

I applaud the original poster because I'm at my wits end with all the b.s. by "management" lately. You don't trade your best players w/o a plan to replace him right now! And you don't let your best defensive players leave w/o making a serious attempt to keep him when he wasn't asking for a huge salary. Plus, now the signed Rhodes because they don't want to negotiate with Jackson at all. BTW, McGee won't be back after this offseason because the team is more interested in "saving" money than making the playoffs.

Sorry but no other team rewards their coaches when they start the season with playoffs right on radar only to allow it to collapse because they wouldn't address needs right away (i.e., letting Peters start right away before getting in shape and not benching Dockery at all for his play). Instead waiting until the offseason only to really ***** things up really bad.

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Who says they don't have a plan on the OL?

After the combine and pro-day performances, they may be targetting one or two players on Day1 and in Round3 who they think can start immediately and therefore were board and tired of the self importance of Peters and his joke demands. You don't pay money to a guy who deliberately lets his QB get sacked.

Are you in the Front Office and can say they have no plan? They are already on record saying how excited they are with the depth in the draft at certain positions.

With Greer they let him go because of the development of McKelvin and Youboty. You don't pay $$$$ to a guy so you can sit a R1 selection on the bench. When the Bills selected Thomas Smith and Jeff Burris in the 90s they had them learn in their first season before starting them in their second season. Exactly what they are doing with McKelvin.

And genius, they signed Rhodes because Lynch got himself suspended. If Jackson goes down on the first play against the Patriots, who do you think will run the ball for the next 3 games until Lynch becomes available? And if Lynch gets himself suspended again, we have a RB who can carry the load with Jackson who knows the system.

Jackson is an exclusive rights free agent. He can ***** and whine all he likes but no team in the league would negotiate with him if he were on their roster, because they don't have to.

You are now criticising the front office for doing what any front office would do. Ridiculous.

BillsWin
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
I check my account at lunch and I now have negative rep points. and to think I clawed my way back up to positive... :sadwalk: