PDA

View Full Version : New Snapper Has a Story

methos4ever
05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/may/06/wake--call-sisters-wedding-or-nfl-dream-not-snap-d/

Good morning!

It was a typical NFL transaction, announced Tuesday morning, and you can expect it as a small-type item today in many of America's newspapers.

BUFFALO BILLS — Announced the signing of free-agent long-snapper Garrison Sanborn.

There's a story behind that sentence.

Oh, what a story.

casdhf
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Does he do magic?

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Does he do magic?
LOL

My favorite moment of my season tickets and sitting right on the tunnell was one game Dorenbos was walking by head down and I screamed DORENBOS!!!!!

He looked up so happy that anyone even knew who he was and looked right at me. I promptly yelled YOU SUCK and he frowned......

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
LOL

My favorite moment of my season tickets and sitting right on the tunnell was one game Dorenbos was walking by head down and I screamed DORENBOS!!!!!

He looked up so happy that anyone even knew who he was and looked right at me. I promptly yelled YOU SUCK and he frowned......

:laughing:

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Can he snap the ball through a moving car's windows?

bills&sabresmvf
05-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Didn't Dorenbos' father murder his mother? Used magic to help with the pain? I'm glad he's still in the league and playing...what a story

psubills62
05-06-2009, 09:35 AM
LOL

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find that very funny.

And before anyone posts any witty comebacks, I am not Dorenbos or related to him in any way.

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM

And before anyone posts any witty comebacks, I am not Dorenbos or related to him in any way.

Are you Dorenbos' best friend of something?

psubills62
05-06-2009, 09:51 AM

No, I never even heard of the guy until I saw this thread. I just don't find it funny to do that to someone.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2009, 09:55 AM

It's definitely not just you.

ddaryl
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM

I'm in the same boat... discussing why a player may suck between fans is one thing, but to set up a guy just to rip him down seems a bit cruel...

but, on the other hand if the guy is getting paid 10 million a year and sucks well then fire away...

I guess I am a bit of hypocrite in the "you suck" engagement

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:02 AM
ITs gotta be

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm in the same boat... discussing why a player may suck between fans is one thing, but to set up a guy just to rip him down seems a bit cruel...

but, on the other hand if the guy is getting paid 10 million a year and sucks well then fire away...

I guess I am a bit of hypocrite in the "you suck" engagement
BOOOO HOOOOOO The guy was making hundreds of thousands of dollars to snap a football I think he got over this.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Didn't Dorenbos' father murder his mother? Used magic to help with the pain? I'm glad he's still in the league and playing...what a story
Who knows.

The Spaz
05-06-2009, 10:07 AM

I agree.

The Spaz
05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
See fans get away with that **** knowing if the players touches them they are thinking Lawsuit.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
See fans get away with that **** knowing if the players touches them they are thinking Lawsuit.
Exactly.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Do you think I would be yelling some of the stuff I do if there weren't barriers in between me? HELL NO.

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM
That'd be crazy Thurm.

These people are acting like he was someone other that a snapper. A snapper!

casdhf
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Thurm, that long snapper would kick your ass, man!

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
He's snap a ball right into your face.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Thurm, that long snapper would kick your ass, man!
No doubt!

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
That'd be crazy Thurm.

These people are acting like he was someone other that a snapper. A snapper!
Dude Moorman would probably give me trouble.

But now I guess I am not allowed to hurt pro football players feelings... WTF.... :down:

THATHURMANATOR
Guys before the home opener we should have a drum circle and sing cumbaya..... :puke:

The Spaz
Listen I'm all for joking around and busting on players but always do it to the other team not our own players...lol

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Listen I'm all for joking around and busting on players but always do it to the other team not our own players...lol
I do of course!

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I had Merriman so pissed at me a couple years ago I thought he was going to jump into the stands after me.

trapezeus
05-06-2009, 12:03 PM
See, Endzone fans are merciless, people. I have to say, Thurm, a little harsh for busting on our longsnapper. busting on a guy who dropped a pass or whiffed on a tackle, fine. they know its coming. but how many fans actually knkow anything about the art of long snapping. That must have caught dorenbos completely off guard.

Oaf
05-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Guys before the home opener we should have a drum circle and sing cumbaya..... :puke:
For a guy that made the lowest salary in the league, for him to beat many many odds to make it to the very bottom of an NFL roster, to hear his name screamed as he walked out of the tunnel must have been wholeheartedly redeeming for him. I know it would be for me.

To show him something he desired greatly then throw it in his face like that, well I can't find a better word to describe you then a flat-out jerk to be honest. Not even a jerk with funny one-liners.

Oaf
05-06-2009, 12:27 PM
You should try that s*** with players like McGahee. Not all players in the NFL are pompous rich rods.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 12:32 PM
well I can't find a better word to describe you then a flat-out jerk to be honest. Not even a jerk with funny one-liners.
That is three words :shakeno:

You guys are very emotional lately. Is it that time of the month.... :doh:

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
You should try that s*** with players like McGahee. Not all players in the NFL are pompous rich rods.
Oh ok it is fine to pick and choose? Very righteous of you..... :ill:

For christ sakes it was like the last game of the year. I don't think I ruined his day. I think he is over it by now. If anything at least he was recognized by a fan. Better than nothing.

ServoBillieves
05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
If he's better than our "DE" Ryan Neill... then yes.

psubills62
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh ok it is fine to pick and choose? Very righteous of you..... :ill:

For christ sakes it was like the last game of the year. I don't think I ruined his day. I think he is over it by now. If anything at least he was recognized by a fan. Better than nothing.

Just out of curiosity, what did Dorenbos do to get you to yell at him like that? Did he actually not play very well, or were you doing it for kicks?

psubills62
05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
That is three words :shakeno:

You guys are very emotional lately. Is it that time of the month.... :doh:

Just FYI, maturity is much different than PMS. Some people might not be able to tell, though...

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't want to speak for Thurm, but it could have been the game where he did snap one pretty low.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, what did Dorenbos do to get you to yell at him like that? Did he actually not play very well, or were you doing it for kicks?
I was doing it as a goof!

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Just FYI, maturity is much different than PMS. Some people might not be able to tell, though...
Holy Hell I was at a football game where grown men are trying to kill each other, all while the fans are swilling beers and Screaming their heads off. I will remember to be more mature next time.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
See, Endzone fans are merciless, people. I have to say, Thurm, a little harsh for busting on our longsnapper. busting on a guy who dropped a pass or whiffed on a tackle, fine. they know its coming. but how many fans actually knkow anything about the art of long snapping. That must have caught dorenbos completely off guard.
Exactly. He could have looked at it as welcome to the NFL "I have arrived"

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
You are such a barbarian, Thurm.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
You are such a barbarian, Thurm.
I guess so.

psubills62
05-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Holy Hell I was at a football game where grown men are trying to kill each other, all while the fans are swilling beers and Screaming their heads off. I will remember to be more mature next time.

Hm, good to know that justification and crowd psychology are still alive and well.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Hm, good to know that justification and crowd psychology are still alive and well.
IS IT?

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Thurm gets caught up in the mob mentality.

PromoTheRobot
05-06-2009, 01:52 PM
BOOOO HOOOOOO The guy was making hundreds of thousands of dollars to snap a football I think he got over this.

People still have feelings (except maybe you), especially when as far as I could tell he didn't suck.

PTR

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 02:49 PM
People still have feelings (except maybe you), especially when as far as I could tell he didn't suck.

PTR
We all have feelings but some of us are just not cry babies.

Dorenbos if you are out there and reading this forum and by the slimest chance that you even remember this incident I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Thurm gets caught up in the mob mentality.
I really do sometimes.... :sorry:

TigerJ
05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Nice story, but 6' 240 lb long snappers get eaten up by big mean linement on field goal attempts and punts. Isn't there any way we can have a big tough hombre who can block AND is a great long snapper?

methos4ever
05-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Nice story, but 6' 240 lb long snappers get eaten up by big mean linement on field goal attempts and punts. Isn't there any way we can have a big tough hombre who can block AND is a great long snapper?
On Punts, they cannot line up over him and he gets a free release downfield. On field goals he can only again be attacked from his gaps, which allows for you to put beefer guys to his left and right to assist. No problem.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
As long as his Snaps are on the money I am not worried.

trapezeus
05-06-2009, 04:02 PM
the only way i see this solved is if we have thurm go down the ralph tunnel and everyone from this post scream, "thurm, you suck." Then Thurm talks to us afterward on how it made him feel. The full house final 2 minute music will play over the top and all will be right for Billszone posters.

sdbillsfan2
05-06-2009, 04:02 PM
There are guys here on this board who are just annoying. But most have a reason, like age . But when Bills fans set up a player like thurm did and then think it was worthy enough to brag about , it kinda of makes you wonder.
Sorry Thurm , it took zero balls to call someone out and then hide behind the fact he wasn't going to go after an ass of a fan in the stands. Why not wait by his car and say it to him? You think he would have been pissed enough to snap your neck? Maybe he wouldn't ,he probably has more class then that!
Just my humble opinion of course.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 04:03 PM
the only way i see this solved is if we have thurm go down the ralph tunnel and everyone from this post scream, "thurm, you suck." Then Thurm talks to us afterward on how it made him feel. The full house final 2 minute music will play over the top and all will be right for Billszone posters.
I would be un phased by this.

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I would be funny if Garrison Sanborn told Thurm that he's a great fan. When Thurm gets all giddy, Garrison deflates him by saying, no you suck!

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
So some kid at McD's making 7 bucks an hour could tell you that you suck, just because you make tens of thousands of dollars sitting around the office browsing online?

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 04:18 PM
There are guys here on this board who are just annoying. But most have a reason, like age . But when Bills fans set up a player like thurm did and then think it was worthy enough to brag about , it kinda of makes you wonder.
Sorry Thurm , it took zero balls to call someone out and then hide behind the fact he wasn't going to go after an ass of a fan in the stands. Why not wait by his car and say it to him? You think he would have been pissed enough to snap your neck? Maybe he wouldn't ,he probably has more class then that!
Just my humble opinion of course.
It was hilarious.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 04:18 PM
So some kid at McD's making 7 bucks an hour could tell you that you suck, just because you make tens of thousands of dollars sitting around the office browsing online?
Exactly and I wouldn't give a damn! I am not a wimp.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I would be funny if Garrison Sanborn told Thurm that he's a great fan. When Thurm gets all giddy, Garrison deflates him by saying, no you suck!
This would be funny if I knew who Garrison Sanborn was.....

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
What is with the Billszone now a days? Its like a purse party in here.

Dr. Pepper
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
that first paragraph in the article was really misleading. i was expecting a really great story, overcoming the odds or something like that. what a let down. this was no different than any other freakin practice squad/back up players story.... someone tell me why im supposed to be moved by a guy who already had 3 degrees, a great job, a supportive girlfriend, and a loving family that managed to make it onto the Bills. i mean, good for him, but to say "oh, what a story it is...."??? really? i want my 5 minutes back.

Dying_-2-_Live
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Touching story, however I can't see him making the team

casdhf
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
THURM, I'm sorry I asked if he did magic. :(

Jan Reimers
05-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Touching story, however I can't see him making the team
Why? If he is better than Neill, we will keep him. Moorman has certainly not been as good the last two years, which may be attributable to Neill not putting the ball where he likes it.

billsfanone
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM
This would be funny if I knew who Garrison Sanborn was.....

Who?

Jan Reimers
05-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow. None of you guys have ever considered that Moorman's punting drop off may be due to the long snapper's (Neill's) positioning of the snap?

methos4ever
05-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Wow. None of you guys have ever considered that Moorman's punting drop off may be due to the long snapper's (Neill's) positioning of the snap?
Thanks for the assist Jan. At the end of the day, the difference between a good long snap to the punter and an average one could be 10 yards or more in field position.

Crisis
05-06-2009, 06:45 PM
LOL

thurm, what happened with merroidman?

casdhf
05-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Wow. None of you guys have ever considered that Moorman's punting drop off may be due to the long snapper's (Neill's) positioning of the snap? Right, and Trent's poor play is due to Preston's snapping.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 07:51 AM
LOL

thurm, what happened with merroidman?
He was yelling back at me kind of Jumping up and down. HE WAS PISSSSSED.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 07:51 AM
THURM, I'm sorry I asked if he did magic. :(
You should be.

I will only discuss tea parties and floral arrangements on this "football" board going forward.

billsfanone
05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
I was yelling back at me kind of Jumping up and down. HE WAS PISSSSSED.

:huh:

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 08:02 AM
:huh:
He

billsfanone
05-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Ah. But what did you do to make him mad?

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Ah. But what did you do to make him mad?
Peppering him with steroids comments, I am very loud.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Guys I am going to bake a bunch of cookies and hand them out to the players as they walk through the tunnel from now on.

Oaf
05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
What is with the Billszone now a days? Its like a purse party in here.
Actually, JMO, you look at some of the comments against Mitchell's threads and the low class post here, it seems opposite.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Actually, JMO, you look at some of the comments against Mitchell's threads and the low class post here, it seems opposite.
I speaking in regards to this thread in particular. Very sensitive.

Young Mitchell gets a bad rap.

billsfanone
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe you can play pat-a-cake with them too thurm.

psubills62
05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Guys I am going to bake a bunch of cookies and hand them out to the players as they walk through the tunnel from now on.

As long as you put weed in the ones for our opponents, sounds great.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
As long as you put weed in the ones for our opponents, sounds great.
LOL Suggestion noted.

psubills62
05-07-2009, 12:33 PM
LOL Suggestion noted.

:up:

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Am I forgiven now? :D

billsfanone
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
quit being a bunch of wimps.

Voltron
05-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Well he is an FSU grad so I will find it hard to root for him. He probably cheated on his midterms! :snicker: