PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Dicks presser

X-Era
05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Asked about Reggie Corner. He says hes a guy who look like he wants to get there to make the play.

Why is that funny to me?

Yeah, from the stands, Id probably look like I want to be in there making the play.

Seriously, what in the hell is that really worth?

I know he didn't make the play... But at least he LOOKED like he wanted to.

I dont know why that struck me as such a dumb comment.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Dick Jauron is too political to my liking. His press conferences are boring.

kid mickey
05-29-2009, 04:01 PM
I thought it made 100% sense. Believe it or not there are a lot of players in the league that don't play as hard as they should. I think it was a solid compliment to a young player who has been making plays in OTA's the past couple of weeks.

X-Era
05-29-2009, 05:33 PM
I thought it made 100% sense. Believe it or not there are a lot of players in the league that don't play as hard as they should. I think it was a solid compliment to a young player who has been making plays in OTA's the past couple of weeks.

Wait, so the guy "looks" like he "wants" to make the play... sweet, he should have at least 70 "intended" tackles, and maybe 10 "intended" interceptions.

Hes made plays in OTA's? I'm sorry, I'm not that impressed.

What I will say is that I like the kids approach. But that may never translate into plays.

streetkings01
05-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Whitner always looks like he wants to make a play!

kid mickey
05-29-2009, 05:54 PM
The point being is that these guys are hustling out there. They are trying to be the best they can be. I think that was the point of the statement.

kid mickey
05-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Another thing that could be said is that he wants to be in on every play and honestly that is impossible. I think what you could and should get out of that is that he has a desire to be in on every play. You took that and portrayed it the way you wanted to, if you can't see what Jauron is saying you never will.

Mitchell55
05-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Im sorry but you are a complete idiot (suspension comming) for taking this this way.

Dicks a idiot for saying that his CB always wants to make a play. Well what he means is he is always trying to make a interception or a play on the ball while other CBs and DBs seem to just want to stop the player. Look at McGee most of last year, he wasnt aggressive at all.

X-Era
05-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Im sorry but you are a complete idiot (suspension comming) for taking this this way.

Dicks a idiot for saying that his CB always wants to make a play. Well what he means is he is always trying to make a interception or a play on the ball while other CBs and DBs seem to just want to stop the player. Look at McGee most of last year, he wasnt aggressive at all.

Am I hearing you right? Are you calling me a complete idiot?

LtFinFan66
05-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Am I hearing you right? Are you calling me a complete idiot?Indeed he did

X-Era
05-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Indeed he did
Havent I repeatedly stood up for the guy when people blasted him for making so many mock draft posts?

Et Tu Brute?

The post is logical and is FAR from lacking intelligence.

Ive been drinking, but Im kind of pissed.

I'm just wondering why I have stood up for someone that IMO brought value to the board even when he was unpopular only to be called an idiot.

Edited-------

Rise above, rise above.

Peace, calm,

OK, Im good... Im back.

I regained composure. I'm not sure I should be getting worked up over any posters opinion of my intelligence, let my record speak for itself.

yordad
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Maybe it was a knock on Youboty.

Lexwhat
05-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Whitner always looks like he wants to make a play!

:rofl:

trapezeus
05-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Havent I repeatedly stood up for the guy when people blasted him for making so many mock draft posts?

Et Tu Brute?

The post is logical and is FAR from lacking intelligence.

Ive been drinking, but Im kind of pissed.

I'm just wondering why I have stood up for someone that IMO brought value to the board even when he was unpopular only to be called an idiot.

Edited-------

Rise above, rise above.

Peace, calm,

OK, Im good... Im back.

I regained composure. I'm not sure I should be getting worked up over any posters opinion of my intelligence, let my record speak for itself.

So can i assume you're exhausting all diplomatic means before you trash on Mitchell? :-)

i agree, jauron's comments, from another coach would be ok. but jauron doesn't take a stand on anything in his press conference. a lot of generic statements and the passivity in which he says them after crushing losses is just awful. i've said it before, but i'll say it here. he is a great pee wee coach. everyone did a good job, even whne you royally screw up he tells you want you did wrong, but sends you right back out there because we all paid the same amount to be on the field etc. but that just doesn't fly in the NFL.

not every coach has to be fiery and angry, but they have to be better at getting results than this guy. Mark Gaughn's chat on friday made me realize how weak our defense is and how much we are gambling on this new OL.

X-Era
05-31-2009, 10:11 AM
So can i assume you're exhausting all diplomatic means before you trash on Mitchell? :-)

i agree, jauron's comments, from another coach would be ok. but jauron doesn't take a stand on anything in his press conference. a lot of generic statements and the passivity in which he says them after crushing losses is just awful. i've said it before, but i'll say it here. he is a great pee wee coach. everyone did a good job, even whne you royally screw up he tells you want you did wrong, but sends you right back out there because we all paid the same amount to be on the field etc. but that just doesn't fly in the NFL.

not every coach has to be fiery and angry, but they have to be better at getting results than this guy. Mark Gaughn's chat on friday made me realize how weak our defense is and how much we are gambling on this new OL.
On Mitchell, absolutely Im exhausting all diplomatic means... he doesnt have nukes, and he wouldnt behead me with a fillet knife (I hope), so he gets diplomacy. :D

On Jaurons comment, it just sounded so stupid to me.

As it turns out all we need from our players is that they LOOK like they WANT to make the play. Not that they do make the play, just look like they want to.

I guess that means the Bills rae just fine if they look like they want to go to the playoffs.

Jan Reimers
05-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I think many of us pay far too much attention to the coachspeak that Jauron uses during press conferences and other interviews. Why try to overanalyze what was most probably a compliment to Corner's heart and desire?

My concerns with Jauron have a lot more to do with his game management and playcalling than his speaking techniques.

ServoBillieves
05-31-2009, 05:24 PM
I look like I want to drive to the store to grab a sandwhich but I'm not.

Mercy
05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
I think many of us pay far too much attention to the coachspeak that Jauron uses during press conferences and other interviews. Why try to overanalyze what was most probably a compliment to Corner's heart and desire?

My concerns with Jauron have a lot more to do with his game management and playcalling than his speaking techniques.So he give boring press conference. I like him.

Mercy
05-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Lilith's middle name is Sternin?

SabreEleven
05-31-2009, 07:05 PM

Did you just completly contridict yourself here? So who is the idiot here? EE for taking it the way Dick said it? You said one is an idiot for dogging the comment but than you turn around and call the other an idiot for saying it...Which one are we going with here?

yordad
05-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Did you just completly contridict yourself here? So who is the idiot here? EE for taking it the way Dick said it? You said one is an idiot for dogging the comment but than you turn around and call the other an idiot for saying it...Which one are we going with here?I'm pretty sure he won't be answering you. :idunno:

thenry20
06-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Dick Jauron is too political to my liking. His press conferences are boring.

I think you mean politically correct.

Oaf
06-01-2009, 03:47 AM
So Corner.... Think he's gonna beat out both Florence and Youboty for the nickle spot?

:ontome:

And Lankster, any shot of making the 53? (he's made a great deal of plays too apparently) And who then gets cut off the top? Florence? Harris to the PS?
Will we really have 6 CBs on gamedays?

Mr. Pink
06-01-2009, 04:12 AM
I applaud whichever mod decided to finally ban mitch... :up:

As for the thread itself, it's a good thing to see a player giving 100% effort during OTAs. It means he's committed himself to trying to improve and become the best player he can be.

Corner might not be the most talented guy on the team but if only players like Schobel had as much heart as the guy, we might not be in the midst of a decade long playoff drought.

Novacane
06-01-2009, 09:29 AM
:lolpoint: Mitchell55 good riddence!!

jamze132
06-02-2009, 05:03 AM
You can't call people an "idiot"!

X-Era
06-02-2009, 05:48 AM
I feel bad that this happened to be honest.

GreedoII
06-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Jauron is a complete idiot period. He always seems so uncomfortable up there. Looking up...down...scratching his head....tugging his ear. This guy is a moron. I feel like this team is a little league baseball team. He treats them like 5 yrd old kids. Talks about them like 5 yr old kids too. Claps his hands like he thinks they are all 5 yrs old. Go teach a tee ball team you buffoon. Leave the NFL to real men who hold people accountable for their actions. I almost bet this clown had his lunch money taken from him a few times as a kid. The only reason he's still here is for that other idiot Brandon to save face for signing him to an extension during week 6! He would have been fired if not for that period! Having all these changes proves Jauron is on a short leash. He acts like it too with his pussified pressers too. I can't stand this guy as well as this pathetic coaching staff.

Mercy
06-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Well, that's interesting because from what I've read, the players love him.