PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman is a down field threat......

yordad
06-15-2009, 07:31 AM
OK, I know its older but..... link (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-75/Losman-to-Jets--Joyner-likes-that-idea.html).

In the case of Losman, who will be a free agent after five seasons with Buffalo, the numbers show he's better than Favre and Jets backup Kellen Clemens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9635) -- and Bills starter Trent Edwards (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10536), for that matter.

I guarantee Bills fans are shaking their heads as they read this.

Their disgust for Losman is off the charts, and their last memory of him in a Bills uniform will be fumbling away a probable victory in the Meadowlands and watching the Jets return a fumble for the decisive touchdown with less than two minutes to play.
"Buffalo wants Losman to dink and dunk and be the game manager and be a low-intensity guy," Joyner said. "That's just not who he is. He's in the wrong situation, but every time Buffalo puts him out there, the numbers show he does a superb job. I just don't see that out of Kellen Clemens."

The King
06-15-2009, 07:37 AM
:spit:

hydro
06-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Just can't let it go...

Jan Reimers
06-15-2009, 07:44 AM
I think he was mishandled here, but he never consistently produced either, no matter how many chances he had. Most of us, I believe, feel he lacks the smarts and instincts to be a successful NFL QB.

Romes
06-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Why post this?

yordad
06-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Why post this?Why read it? Seriously, why did you click on this thread? Cuz you found it interesting?

Maybe you just answered your own question.

Plus, it mentions the Bills current starting QB.

mybills
06-15-2009, 08:19 AM
I think he was mishandled here, but he never consistently produced either, no matter how many chances he had. Most of us, I believe, feel he lacks the smarts and instincts to be a successful NFL QB.
I'm not one of them who thought he lacked the smarts, I looked at it as pure frustration because of the mishandling. It was like watching this hyper active kid at my son's bus stop change into a zombie because of the meds they put him on. JP was a scrambler and they wouldn't let him scramble. Imagine if they did that to Flutie? :cynic: Anyway, he's gone and I wish him well while I back Trent with uber prayers.

Bill Cody
06-15-2009, 08:27 AM
yordad = jpsdad

yordad
06-15-2009, 08:32 AM
yordad = jpsdadYou can call me Big Pop-Pa.

mybills
06-15-2009, 08:33 AM
yordad = jpsdad
:rofl: says the guy with the Drew Bledslow avatar.

The King
06-15-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm not one of them who thought he lacked the smarts, I looked at it as pure frustration because of the mishandling. It was like watching this hyper active kid at my son's bus stop change into a zombie because of the meds they put him on. JP was a scrambler and they wouldn't let him scramble. Imagine if they did that to Flutie? :cynic: Anyway, he's gone and I wish him well while I back Trent with uber prayers.

You mean like when they traded for a Pocket QB and never gave him a line. Mularkey went with JP because he thought a mobile QB would offset terrible offensive line play... turns out JP was more offensive than the guys blocking for him.

I honestly have nothing good to say about JP Losman, Im glad he's gone and I could careless if he ever plays in the NFL again.

The King
06-15-2009, 08:37 AM

Losman would be lucky to have 1/6th Bledsoes career. 45,000 yards and 250TD's, you don't have to like Drew but he was a very successful QB.

As of now, it seems Losman is three and out... so who should be :rofl:ing?

mybills
06-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Trent is a pocket QB. Line or no line, he hasn't been much better, so what's your point again?

The King
06-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Trent is much better at making quick reads than Bledsoe and Losman, having no line is still an issue but of the three he's certainly got the best chance of success with no line.

mybills
06-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Trent is much better at making quick reads than Bledsoe and Losman, having no line is still an issue but of the three he's certainly got the best chance of success with no line.

"while I back Trent with uber prayers."

yordad
06-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Losman would be lucky to have 1/6th Bledsoes career. 45,000 yards and 250TD's, you don't have to like Drew but he was a very successful QB.

As of now, it seems Losman is three and out... so who should be :rofl:ing?How is it relavant who had a better career between JP and Bledsoe? The irony is that a dude with a Bledsoe avatar, a dude that continues to be up Bledsoes butt, is talking some junk about me being a fan of an Ex-Bills QB. It is ironic and thus ":rofl:".

Get it? :up:

Not to mention, JP took Bledsoe's job from him.

Philagape
06-15-2009, 09:03 AM
If penalties are taken into account, this also should count sacks and fumbles while taking too long to look downfield.

I love the 2006 vs. 2008 angle ... comparing the one year out of four where JP wasn't a disaster to a washed-up Favre. In one category.
That's like saying the Mike Anderson of 2005 is better than the Ladainian Tomlinson of 2008. Antowain Smith in 2000 was better than Emmitt Smith in 2002.
This is why JP's being linked to the UFL. A sandlot league is just right for him. And if the "football scientist" really believes the relevance what he wrote, he should switch to the UFL too.

The King
06-15-2009, 09:30 AM
How is it relavant who had a better career between JP and Bledsoe? The irony is that a dude with a Bledsoe avatar, a dude that continues to be up Bledsoes butt, is talking some junk about me being a fan of an Ex-Bills QB. It is ironic and thus ":rofl:".

Get it? :up:

No one is questioning your fan hood we're questioning your ability of assessing talent...

JP didnt take Bledsoes job, he was handed it. And we saw how well that worked out...

this is all water under the bridge though Bledsoe is out of the league and ranked a top 10 passer in many categories, and JP is also out of the league and currently a bartender at hooters.

yordad
06-15-2009, 09:43 AM
No one is questioning your fan hood we're questioning your ability of assessing talent...

JP didnt take Bledsoes job, he was handed it. And we saw how well that worked out...

this is all water under the bridge though Bledsoe is out of the league and ranked a top 10 passer in many categories, and JP is also out of the league and currently a bartender at hooters.Both former Bills QBs. He was ragging me for still liking a former Bills QB. He likes a former Bills QB too. Neither did much for the Bills. Ironic. So his former QB was good for the Pats. I fail to see how it matters what so ever.

The fact that Bledsoes days in Buffalo was years ago would actually support my case. He should have had no problem letting go by now. Unless of course he is a scorned love. :idunno:

Philagape
06-15-2009, 09:51 AM

An NFL QB must be good in the pocket.

The great scramblers like Young and Elway were great in the pocket too.
Can anyone name two or three QBs in modern NFL history who had a decent NFL career despite sucking in the pocket? I'll give the first one, Vick. He's the Freak Exception. Somebody name another.

yordad
06-15-2009, 10:11 AM

The great scramblers like Young and Elway were great in the pocket too.
Can anyone name two or three QBs in modern NFL history who had a decent NFL career despite sucking in the pocket? I'll give the first one, Vick. He's the Freak Exception. Somebody name another.Cunningham? Ronnie Brown? Flutie? Garcia isn't exactly a pocket guy.

Dude. QBs take the snap while "in the pocket". How many make it to this level while sucking "in the pocket"? Not many.

"Short WRs can't play." Heard that?
"Slow WRs can't play." Heard that?
"Short LBs can't play." Heard that?
"Slow RBs....."
"Tall RBs...."
"Short QBs...."
:blah:

You say he isn't good in the pocket so it simply must be true.
You appearently say he had adequate time, protection, coaching, and weapons too?
He just isn't bright enough, although his Wonderlic was like a point lower then Trents (about 3-4 times higher than Dan Marinos).

It couldn't be that the coaches tried making a down field passer into a dink and dunker (although it seems obvious).

Appearently Poise means everything, and arm strength means nothing? If that was the case my geeky lawyer should become a QB. He has Balls of steel.

We need a backup, where is your local lion tamer?

Tatonka
06-15-2009, 10:16 AM
you don't have to like Drew but he was a very successful QB.

yeah, he was a real success story for the buffalo bills. he was so successful that i dont even care about the two 1st rounders we got raped for.

Philagape
06-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Cunningham? Ronnie Brown? Flutie? Garcia isn't exactly a pocket guy.

All were better in the pocket than JP, including the running back you listed.

Dude. QBs take the snap while "in the pocket". How many make it to this level while sucking "in the pocket"? Not many.

Yes, JP is very good at taking snaps. THAT's what this debate is all about. :insane:
And history has shown that just making it to the NFL means a QB is good enough to stay. :insane:
Dude, every bad QB in the NFL made it to the NFL. That's such a great point you made!

"Short WRs can't play." Heard that?
"Slow WRs can't play." Heard that?
"Short LBs can't play." Heard that?
"Slow RBs....."
"Tall RBs...."
"Short QBs...."
:blah:

Every exception to those sayings were able to compensate. JP hasn't. For example, Flutie was a smart field general.

You say he isn't good in the pocket so it simply must be true.
You appearently say he had adequate time, protection, coaching, and weapons too?
If he needs everything to always go right, what good is he? A good QB should make those around him better, not need the opposite.

He just isn't bright enough, although his Wonderlic was like a point lower then Trents (about 3-4 times higher than Dan Marinos).

If wonderlic scores counted on the field, you'd have a good point.

It couldn't be that the coaches tried making a down field passer into a dink and dunker (although it seems obvious).

A good QB has to be diverse. If he can't handle a fundamental part of the game, he sucks.

Appearently Poise means everything, and arm strength means nothing? If that was the case my geeky lawyer should become a QB. He has Balls of steel.

No, but poise means more. The large trash heap of big-armed busts proves that. At least smart QBs with weak arms -- like the guy you listed, Flutie -- can stick around as backups as opposed to, say, the UFL.
If you can't argue a point without exaggerating the other side, you have no point to argue.

TacklingDummy
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
So far JP and Trent have both sucked.

Let's hope Trent changes.

yordad
06-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Rediculous

Yes, JP is very good at taking snaps. THAT's what this debate is all about. :insane:
And history has shown that just making it to the NFL means a QB is good enough to stay. :insane:
Dude, every bad QB in the NFL made it to the NFL. That's such a great point you made!
Did I say that? Strange, I don't recall saying thats all it took.

Every exception to those sayings were able to compensate. JP hasn't. For example, Flutie was a smart field general. OK. But, one would think "why" is the question. An unaswered one, unless your Philigape, and think you can read minds.

If he needs everything to always go right, what good is he? A good QB should make those around him better, not need the opposite. Your right. That is why Dan Marino won all those Super Bowls. Oh wait, I mean Dan Marino sucked. No wait, no? Wait, what?

If wonderlic scores counted on the field, you'd have a good point. Oh, so you know more then those who administer and judge based on those? Um k.

A good QB has to be diverse. If he can't handle a fundamental part of the game, he sucks. Yeah, "poise" is the fundamental block. With out that he has no chance. I mean look at Payton Manning, he is as poised as...as.. no wait. He looks more jittery the a belly dancer on caffinene pills in the pocket. Manning has no chance at NFL success either.

No, but poise means more. The large trash heap of big-armed busts proves that. At least smart QBs with weak arms -- like the guy you listed, Flutie -- can stick around as backups as opposed to, say, the UFL.
If you can't argue a point without exaggerating the other side, you have no point to argue. Hey man. I agree. That is why Me, my geek laywer, and te local Lion tamer are going to the camp as a walk on. I think we got what it takes. My Laywer throws like a girl, but he is cold as ice. Appearantly no poised QB has EVER been a bust. Only strong armed dudes can be bust.LOL

TigerJ
06-15-2009, 11:09 AM
All the numbers Joyner crunches not withstanding, there are a couple key ones he left out; the rate and number of times Losman takes a sack, and the number of times he fumbles the ball with the other team recovering. His sacks routinely ended drives, and the fumbles often turned games around (in a bad way). If a team wants to sign Losman in a reclamation attempt, there is a chance they might be successful, but they had better make darn sure they have a pro-bowl loffensive line in place before they put him in.

madness
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
:rofl: JP can't get a NFL gig because he was "mishandled". Yeah that's it. :rolleyes:

trapezeus
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Even if you say Trent and JP's stats are similar, the place they are not similar is in the W's and L's. And They both played on the same team for two years and Trent headed the wins.

Now if he can stay healthy, i think he'll be successful. What is annoying as hell about this is that here we are again, at year 3 waiting for someone to show us what he's got. This is Trent's pivotal year. We heard that with JP a couple years ago and he crapped the bed, then with jauron last year and he went 2-8 in the last 10 games, and the trend would suggest that Trent will let us down in unimaginable way.

I just hope that 100 year event hits the bills and they make a glorious run to a championship.

Philagape
06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
This is a fascinating psychological phenomenon, this Obsessive Love of Bad Quarterbacks. OLBQ has been around long before JP, as evidenced by the continued presence of a Dreadsoe fan. It causes people to go off the deep end and say Peyton Manning isn't poised because of how he looks. :roflmao:
There's a direct correlation between OLBQ and superficial, irrelevant and sometimes comical analysis of the game while exaggerating the other side (only strong-armed QBs are busts) because they know they can't address the real points.

yordad
06-15-2009, 12:36 PM
This is a fascinating psychological phenomenon, this Obsessive Love of Bad Quarterbacks. OLBQ has been around long before JP, as evidenced by the continued presence of a Dreadsoe fan. It causes people to go off the deep end and say Peyton Manning isn't poised because of how he looks. :roflmao:
There's a direct correlation between OLBQ and superficial, irrelevant and sometimes comical analysis of the game while exaggerating the other side (only strong-armed QBs are busts) because they know they can't address the real points.How do you measure poise? And, what was the real point again?

ServoBillieves
06-15-2009, 12:45 PM
It's a shame we mishandled him here since all these other teams have gone crazy trying to pick him up. C'mon Buffalo bring him back in! Trent can serviceably hold a clipboard right?

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Given. It is much different than taking.

yordad
06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Given. It is much different than taking.In what world?

OK, when it was "given", did JP "take" it? Or did they not field a QB?

Bill Cody
06-15-2009, 01:21 PM
In what world?

:rofl:

DRELOVESBills
06-15-2009, 01:22 PM

hey dumbass i'm pretty sure bledsoe is going to be a hall of famer!!! and he's clearly better than jp ****ty losman

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
In what world?

Well, when it was given, JP did take it, so basically they did not field a QB.

yordad
06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
hey dumbass i'm pretty sure bledsoe is going to be a hall of famer!!! and he's clearly better than jp ****ty losmanAgain, Smart guy, how is that relevant?

ServoBillieves
06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Is Bledsoe gonna be in the Hall? I don't think so...

yordad
06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Well, when it was given, JP did take it, so basically they did not field a QB.Huh? O-K. I see. Thankyou for clarifing. So he took it, but didn't, and was fielded by a team who didn't field a QB.

Gottcha. Thanks for chyming in and helping us all realize this.

Mr. Pink
06-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Why are some people still enamored with the mental midgets physical skills?

Sure, he had plenty of physical tools but he had ZERO mental tools.

Dude made Jeff George look like a rocket scientist.

He's gone, thank god, and he rivals Bruce Matheson as the worst starting QB in franchise history.

/end

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Huh? O-K. I see. Thankyou for clarifing. So he took it, but didn't, and was fielded by a team who didn't field a QB.

Gottcha. Thanks for chyming in and helping us all realize this.

I'm here to help.

acehole
06-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Got news for ya...there is a trash heap of smart noddle arm guys also.

This is a stupid thread.

Every exception to those sayings were able to compensate. JP hasn't. For example, Flutie was a smart field general.

If he needs everything to always go right, what good is he? A good QB should make those around him better, not need the opposite.

If wonderlic scores counted on the field, you'd have a good point.

A good QB has to be diverse. If he can't handle a fundamental part of the game, he sucks.

If you can't argue a point without exaggerating the other side, you have no point to argue.

Bill Cody
06-15-2009, 02:45 PM
yeah, he was a real success story for the buffalo bills. he was so successful that i dont even care about the two 1st rounders we got raped for.

You and your fellow idiot amigos got what you asked for- Lossman. You said the line wasn't the problem, Drew was, wrong again. Drew got the **** beaten out of himself here behind a semipro line and his reward was getting his job handed to a UFL QB. Behind a pro line he could have broken Dan Marino's single season yardage record, as it was Drew broke 10 all time Bills passing records in 2002. JP took a 9-7 from 2004 and carried it on his back to 5-11 in 2005. He blew then. He blows now. He'll blow in the UFL. The end.

Philagape
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
How do you measure poise?

Good decisions made quickly and/or under pressure.

Ickybaluky
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Behind a pro line he could have broken Dan Marino's single season yardage record, as it was Drew broke 10 all time Bills passing records in 2002. JP took a 9-7 from 2004 and carried it on his back to 5-11 in 2005.

That 9-7 didn't make the playoffs because Drew choked like a dog against the Steelers backups when the Steelers had nothing to play for. You forget that he "led" them to a 6-10 record the year prior, and an 8-8 record his first year with the team.

You also conveniently ignore how Drew lost his job to Tom Brady, who took a team that Drew was 0-2 with and won the Super Bowl.

Or... how he lost his job to Tony Romo, who took a team who Drew led to a 3-3 record and made the playoffs.

Drew was a likeable guy, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a volume passer who threw for a lot of yards but came up small when the games were big.

Dan Marino? Please. Drew may have thrown for a lot of yards in his career, but his other career totals were ordinary or worse. He had a mediocre 57.7% completion rate, a less-than-stellar 6.6 yards-per-attempt and a ordinary 77.1 QB Rating. Those aren't Marino numbers.

If you think Drew is a HOF player, then you have to add the likes of Dave Kreig. Kreig actually has a better resume' than Bledsoe.

TheMan08
06-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Why are ppl still talking about JP. Lets move on!

Bill Cody
06-15-2009, 04:12 PM
That 9-7 didn't make the playoffs because Drew choked like a dog against the Steelers backups when the Steelers had nothing to play for. You forget that he "led" them to a 6-10 record the year prior, and an 8-8 record his first year with the team.

You also conveniently ignore how Drew lost his job to Tom Brady, who took a team that Drew was 0-2 with and won the Super Bowl.

Or... how he lost his job to Tony Romo, who took a team who Drew led to a 3-3 record and made the playoffs.

Drew was a likeable guy, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a volume passer who threw for a lot of yards but came up small when the games were big.

Dan Marino? Please. Drew may have thrown for a lot of yards in his career, but his other career totals were ordinary or worse. He had a mediocre 57.7% completion rate, a less-than-stellar 6.6 yards-per-attempt and a ordinary 77.1 QB Rating. Those aren't Marino numbers.

If you think Drew is a HOF player, then you have to add the likes of Dave Kreig. Kreig actually has a better resume' than Bledsoe.

I was talking about 2002. Until he wore down behind the poor line he was on pace to break Marino's single season record. Isn't hating on Drew the reason you joined this board? I find that kinda creepy. Drew may not be a hall of famer but he's not a UFLer either.

yordad
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Good decisions made quickly and/or under pressure.So... results? Results with a bad line used as a mitigating circumstance? If your successful you have poise, but if your not successful you don't have poise? So, poise doesn't have success as a result? Poise is instead something you say one with results has?

Can there ever be so much pressure that all the poise in the world will not save you? Apparently by your definition no, because if you do not save yourself you are unpoised.

Am I following?

Mr. Pink
06-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I love the line excuse.

You cannot block for a guy who has NO idea what a pocket is and runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Lexwhat
06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Man, this thread is really somethin... People arguing back and forth about who was better, Bledsoe or Losman?

I have nothing to add to that lame argument.

However, I will say that I find it hilarious that Losman can't even get a job as a #3 QB on an NFL team... Even Ryan Leaf got a 2nd chance!!

Philagape
06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
So... results? Results with a bad line used as a mitigating circumstance? If your successful you have poise, but if your not successful you don't have poise? So, poise doesn't have success as a result? Poise is instead something you say one with results has?

Can there ever be so much pressure that all the poise in the world will not save you? Apparently by your definition no, because if you do not save yourself you are unpoised.

Am I following?

As usual, no.

Are you ever going to respond to the actual words used instead of making up your own?
I said good decisions. Occasionally a good decision is throwing the ball away. Or even merely securing the ball. A good decision is the best decision given the circumstances of a play.
In fact, I would think there would have to be mitigating circumstances for a decision to be good. Throwing to a wide-open receiver with lots of time and zero pressure (like, say, against Cincy in 07) is hardly a decision at all. Poise is displayed under duress.

yordad
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Are you ever going to respond to the actual words used instead of making up your own?
Only if you are going to continue making vague "points". You are saying if a QBs actions result in a turnover he doesn't have poise. Wait, just to cover all the bases for you I'll phrase it as a question: can a QB's action result in a turnover while he is showing poise?

Philagape
06-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Only if you are going to continue making vague "points". You are saying if a QBs actions result in a turnover he doesn't have poise. Wait, just to cover all the bases for you I'll phrase it as a question: can a QB's action result in a turnover while he is showing poise?

First, remember that you're the one who introduced the word poise here, not me.
If a QB makes a mistake, call it whatever you want. It's a mistake. For example, if he fumbles because of an instant of panic or not-fast-enough thinking that keeps him from securing the ball properly, that could be called a lack of poise. But I don't care what it's called. A mistake could come from poor awareness or recklessness or bad mechanics or some other error or a combination. In any case, it's bad. And the more a QB makes mistakes like that, the worse of a QB he is.

justasportsfan
06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Why read it? Seriously, why did you click on this thread? Cuz you found it interesting?

Like Jan I thought JP was mishandled here just like I think a lot of the players we have were mishandled by our coaches and put in situations to fail up to this point including Trent last year. I wish Jp all the luck unless he ever has to play the bills. But cmon, the guy is no longer a bill. Let it go. You're just crying over spilled milk.

yordad
06-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Like Jan I thought JP was mishandled here just like I think a lot of the players we have were mishandled by our coaches and put in situations to fail up to this point including Trent last year. I wish Jp all the luck unless he ever has to play the bills. But cmon, the guy is no longer a bill. Let it go. You're just crying over spilled milk.Did you click the link?

justasportsfan
06-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Did you click the link?
yes, and???

yordad
06-16-2009, 06:07 AM
yes, and???
Forgive me for accurately thinking it was dead enough 'round here for you to want to read this. Oh, yorwelcome.

yordad
06-16-2009, 06:09 AM
First, remember that you're the one who introduced the word poise here, not me.
If a QB makes a mistake, call it whatever you want. It's a mistake. For example, if he fumbles because of an instant of panic or not-fast-enough thinking that keeps him from securing the ball properly, that could be called a lack of poise. But I don't care what it's called. A mistake could come from poor awareness or recklessness or bad mechanics or some other error or a combination. In any case, it's bad. And the more a QB makes mistakes like that, the worse of a QB he is.
So, now "poise" is my argument? What the......

mybills
06-16-2009, 06:49 AM

:bf1: Thank You!
Doesn't matter how many yards you throw for in a single season when it comes with a guaranteed nose dive for the play offs!

Mr. Pink
06-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Except Drew lead the Patriots to the playoffs when they basically were a poor football team, a team that was much weaker than the one here that lost to the Steelers 3rd stringers.

But that doesn't matter, does it?

mybills
06-16-2009, 07:00 AM
nope

Romes
06-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Why read it? Seriously, why did you click on this thread? Cuz you found it interesting?

I clicked on it for the same reason people slow down on the freeway to look at an accident...a bad side of human nature I guess.

So, why did you post it? Cause it mentions Trent?

yordad
06-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Except Drew lead the Patriots to the playoffs when they basically were a poor football team, a team that was much weaker than the one here that lost to the Steelers 3rd stringers.

But that doesn't matter, does it?It might in a different thread where the objective is to compare JP to Drew.

yordad
06-16-2009, 07:40 AM
I clicked on it for the same reason people slow down on the freeway to look at an accident...a bad side of human nature I guess.

So, why did you post it? Cause it mentions Trent?The Bills, Trent, the Bills propensity to choose "dink and dunkers", it had a comparison... there is some interesting things there, or so I though. Seems others agree else this would be on page 2 by now right? Heck, even you appearently agree, you "stopped by" at least twice (three times now, cuz your reading this).

I mean gez, the writer (who isn't Joe Shmoe) even concluded that Losman would be an upgrade to Farve if he went to NY. He concluded that Losman would have won a starting job there (had they not drafted Sanchez).

It is interesting.

justasportsfan
06-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Forgive me for accurately thinking it was dead enough 'round here for you to want to read this. Oh, yorwelcome.

I get it. You were bored and thought you'd liven up the place with yorJPobssession.

mybills
06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
True, so can you explain the title of this thread? Did he throw on the run as a scrambler? Or did he throw from the pocket? The guy has a really good arm (from the pocket) and that's what they liked about him. We didn't see Trent's down field arm until later, and now we know that he can be a down field threat too. So all is good as far as that goes.

yordad
06-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I get it. You were bored and thought you'd liven up the place with yorJPobssession.Seriously? Coming from you? LOL

Am I the only one who finds that funny? :goodpost:

OK, this IS Bills related. The title was NOT ambiguous. You clicked on it. Then you clicked the link.

Where you so bored that you wanted to read about "yorJPobssession"?

LOL, it is still funny coming from you.

justasportsfan
06-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Seriously? Coming from you? LOL

Am I the only one who finds that funny? :goodpost:

OK, this IS Bills related. The title was NOT ambiguous. You clicked on it. Then you clicked the link.

Where you so bored that you wanted to read about "yorJPobssession"?

LOL, it is still funny coming from you.

Coming from me? I don't start JP threads like those who hated him. Now you're no different from they are.

I was called a licker for thinking JP was mishandled like Trent and others not for starting threads like this about an article that was created in Febuary?

yordad
06-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Coming from me? I don't start JP threads like those who hated him. Now you're no different from they are.

I was called a licker for thinking JP was mishandled like Trent and others not for starting threads like this about an article that was created in Febuary?I am no different? There are Farve threads, there are Cutler threads, now there is a JP thread that IS Bills related. Get it? I don't have to be his father. It is football, and it IS Bills related. See, not hard.

As for your last sentence, and why it ends in a question mark, I really don't know what you are trying to say.

I mean, are you saying it is outdated? An article about stats from '08 is outdated? Hmmm, I didn't know there were new stats now. It IS still off season, these stats ARE up to date.

Because it was from February it is somehow less relavant then another article writen in THIS off season?

You don't make sense.

You have a choice. You choose to click on this thread. You choose to read. Now you are telling me I shouldn't have posted it? Go back to bed.

justasportsfan
06-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I am no different? There are Farve threads, there are Cutler threads, now there is a JP thread that IS Bills related. Get it? I don't have to be his father. It is football, and it IS Bills related. See, not hard.

As for your last sentence, and why it ends in a question mark, I really don't know what you are trying to say.

I mean, are you saying it is outdated? An article about stats from '08 is outdated? Hmmm, I didn't know there were new stats now. It IS still off season, these stats ARE up to date.

Because it was from February it is somehow less relavant then another article writen in THIS off season?

You don't make sense.

You have a choice. You choose to click on this thread. You choose to read. Now you are telling me I shouldn't have posted it? Go back to bed.

lol. Like I said, I get it. You're bored.

yordad
06-16-2009, 10:02 AM
lol. Like I said, I get it. You're bored.Well yeah. You act like I would be on this message board at all if i was swamped with work. I am at work, and my job is like watching paint dry sometimes. And, many have jobs like that. Many are in their cube right now. And, I am sure some appreciated this, and found that article interesting, and maybe informative.

And, some of us aren't worried about what closet **** will lable us.

TheMan08
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
We get it. Stop crying. It is irritating.

justasportsfan
06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Well yeah. You act like I would be on this message board at all if i was swamped with work. I am at work, and my job is like watching paint dry sometimes. And, many have jobs like that. Many are in their cube right now. And, I am sure some appreciated this, and found that article interesting, and maybe informative.

And, some of us aren't worried about what closet **** will lable us.
sheez. You're so sensitive about this JP thing. Relax.

TheMan08
06-16-2009, 10:32 AM
sheez. You're so sensitive about this JP thing. Relax.

LOL. Seriously this dude is annoying. Smack him Justa.

trapezeus
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
i'll support yordad on the grounds that JP is a fascinating topic. and yes, for a slow day in the cube, his name riles people up and its fun to watch people try to credit him as a halfway decent QB. He was yet another QB in a long line of disappointments. and what we gave up for him, makes him truly special for most bills fans. We got the 1 QB in that years first round that wasn't a playoff caliber QB. Ridiculous.

As much as i thought he was a horrible QB, i am still anxious to see what other team, UFL or NFL, is willing to take on a 27 or 28 year old project. I have no idea why. I guess probably to just validate that we, bills fans, aren't the only ones subjected to his putricidity.

For those who say JP was restricted by being forced into the pocket, he wasn't exactly that much better when he rolled out. I remember early on, every time he scrambled out, he'd either kick the ball out of his own hands or just fumble it on his own. Sure there were a couple times when he launched the 60 yardbomb, but i never remember him doing that in a way that made the team or fans feel like, "oh yeah, we're coming back because of that play." More times than not, that play was a garbage time play to just close the margin of defeat.

I remember when we drafted Losman, i remembered thinking, "who is that guy? Why didn't i hear about him at all in the pre draft hype." And now we know why.

Yordad, Losman jerseys are still available on the cheap at the billstore.

justasportsfan
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Smack him Justa.
you got the Rampage avatar.

Philagape
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
In general, I don't see what the problem is in talking about former players. Bills history is still Bills talk. As Trap brought up, he cost us draft picks that could potentially be helping the team today.
Nobody complains when Dockery or Fowler is mentioned, and Tim Anderson is still legendary here. How much more worthy is a guy who set the most important position back three years? If Tim Anderson is still fair game for bashing, why not JP?

yordad
06-16-2009, 12:13 PM
sheez. You're so sensitive about this JP thing. Relax.I AM RELAXED!

lol :coffee:

LOL. Seriously this dude is annoying. Where is the "suck it" avatar? :console:

feldspar
06-16-2009, 01:41 PM
"JP was mishandled and could have developed into a decent QB IF this and IF that...wrong system, they never played to his strengths, gave him the weapons or line he needed..." That's all meaningless to say, and it's usually said by homers of the long ball. Until Losman becomes a good QB, I'll just judge him based on what I've seen of him FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS, which is a physically talented guy that can't seem to grasp the mentality or intricacies of the position. He has no touch on his short screen passes, either...something you need to have. He gets happy feet in the pocket, and he's not a stable influence to a team.

He hasn't proven anything, so why project the image of a poor mishandled guy who could have made it elsewhere? He could conceivably land a job in the NFL, but as a backup at best at this point. Somebody would have to be both desperate and stupid to give him a starters job at this point in the NFL. Maybe he could hone some of his skills in the other league and either stay there, or get his foot back into the NFL's door that way...I'm just afraid that some of the things he lacks you just can't teach.

JD
06-17-2009, 01:24 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahha

Mr. Pink
06-17-2009, 04:47 PM
:rofl:

JP could start in NY (before they drafted Sanchez) REALLY?

JP couldn't succeed here because he was mishandled!

NEWSFLASH..

NO ONE has even granted him a visit. Have we heard that JP is visiting "blah blah blah?" No. Guess what, apparently every other team in the NFL realizes he's a colossal failure and simply not good enough to even hold a clipboard at this level.

Why some people still hold a torch for a guy who's one of the worst, if not worst, starting QB in franchise history baffles me.

mybills
06-18-2009, 06:21 AM
What baffles me is that some people call it "holding a torch" at the slightest mention of his name. That's just pure hatred. :cynic: I can't stomach nose dive Bledsoe, but I don't hate him.

TheMan08
06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Bledsoe at least was a productive NFL QB. JP was a NOTHING. A stain in the bed, bump in the road, load in the sheets. A NOTHING!

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Bledsoe at least was a productive NFL QB. JP was a NOTHING. A stain in the bed, bump in the road, load in the sheets. A NOTHING!

Agreed TheMan08. Drew had a decent career compared to a majority of QBs in the league when they retire. I liked Drew and was excited to have him on board at the time it was the best move for us but we all move on. JP was a mistake from jump.

yordad
06-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Was Drew not a mistake?

mybills
06-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Was Drew not a mistake?
YES!

Jan Reimers
06-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Bledsoe had one big half season. JP had one decent full season. They were both mistakes, but I don't hate either one. I think they both did as well as they could.

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 10:54 AM
i think JP gets ragged on more because with the price we paid for him, he had to come in and win some games on his own without a great line or without a coaching staff. Other great QB's have done that.

Over these last 10 years, when bledsoe failed, that was really suppose to be it. There weren't suppose to be more weak years ahead of us. Losman and a new crew were suppose to turn a 4-5 year downturn into something more pallatable. And he had one of the best defenses behind him. And it wasn't that he was bad, he was awful. How many 130 yard passing games did he have? how many 8-20 performances? How many times did he come to the sidelines with his head slumped down? Did he ever pump his team up? Did you ever see the team get better because he was a leader? I would answer no to all those things. And that's pathetic for a 1st rounder. It's unacceptable for a QB. And it really drove us fans crazy because 4-5 years of no playoffs, can happen. But 5-9 years on your watch, that frustration just falls on his shoulders.

We can all agree he's a nice guy. Hell, Jauron is a good guy, but he sucks as a head coach. The hatred directed at him is really for his play and the fact he suckered us into getting him for all these years.

justasportsfan
06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
:movie:

Jan Reimers
06-18-2009, 11:24 AM
i think JP gets ragged on more because with the price we paid for him, he had to come in and win some games on his own without a great line or without a coaching staff. Other great QB's have done that.

We can all agree he's a nice guy. Hell, Jauron is a good guy, but he sucks as a head coach. The hatred directed at him is really for his play and the fact he suckered us into getting him for all these years.
I think we should blame the FO for trading up to get JP, and perhaps for staying with him too long. JP didn't sucker us into anything. And I never blame a player for his play, as long as he's giving it his all. I hate guys who dog it, who don't know the playbook, who have lousy attitudes, etc., but I can't see where JP falls into any of those categories.

Thus I can't understand the personal hatred against him.

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 12:00 PM
but jan, the fact that he couldn't be coached into being a pocket passer, doesn't that fall on his professional shoulders? He tried, and that was admirable. but isn't his issue that the light never went off for him?

And yes, the FO gets a part of the blame for us having to go through all this with him at that price. but the price would have been right if he had lived up to the demands being asked of him.

justasportsfan
06-18-2009, 12:21 PM
but jan, the fact that he couldn't be coached into being a pocket passer, doesn't that fall on his professional shoulders? He tried, and that was admirable. but isn't his issue that the light never went off for him?

And yes, the FO gets a part of the blame for us having to go through all this with him at that price. but the price would have been right if he had lived up to the demands being asked of him.
Trent isn't living up to expectations either but we're hoping that he's as smart as they say he is even though it hasn't resulted in anything. If he doesn't have a better season than JP did in 06, should we say Trent suckered us too?

Players don't sucker anyone . It's up to the coaches to see it.

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 12:40 PM
players sucker us when they get a fan base even when they have proven without a doubt that they aren't NFL material.

Trent is in his zone of 3 years. he hardly cost us as much as JP, and his biggest knock isn't that he can't win games. He's shown us that he can do that. His knock is that he can't stay healthy and that the late season games with bad weather changes everything for him.

you and i agree on this 3 year spectrum of players and coaches. Trent is in his 3rd year. He showed progress last year over his rookie year and if he moves up again, then let it ride with trent. If he loses the job to fitzpatrick, then he's bench bound. and if he is bench bound, i trust that he'll be a good Frank Reich type guy that can come in and not fumble in the last 2 minutes of game he's already gone about winning. That's more than i can say about JP.

justasportsfan
06-18-2009, 12:59 PM
players sucker us when they get a fan base even when they have proven without a doubt that they aren't NFL material.

Trent is in his zone of 3 years. he hardly cost us as much as JP, and his biggest knock isn't that he can't win games. He's shown us that he can do that. His knock is that he can't stay healthy and that the late season games with bad weather changes everything for him.

you and i agree on this 3 year spectrum of players and coaches. Trent is in his 3rd year. He showed progress last year over his rookie year and if he moves up again, then let it ride with trent. If he loses the job to fitzpatrick, then he's bench bound. and if he is bench bound, i trust that he'll be a good Frank Reich type guy that can come in and not fumble in the last 2 minutes of game he's already gone about winning. That's more than i can say about JP.
Trent hasn't proven anything yet ,yet he has fans who even compared him to Montana and Brady. Did Trent sucker them?

It doesn't matter where they were drafted. The main reason why people are suckered into thinking anything is because the coaches start annointing people and people believe coaches especially coaches who haven't proven anything. JP didn't sucker anyone.

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
well this takes us back to the debate on whether trent has out performed Losman to date. there is alot of evidence in the wins and losses column that suggests that he did do better. His actual stats are pretty close to losman, however losman usually always put on garbage time stats to improve his overall outlook.

For those of us who watched with losman vs trent, it seems to be a no brainer as to who has done better.

If trent completely craps out, then he'll have suckered a bunch of people, myself included. I think he has what it takes to be a good leader for this team. he just needs to make that happen.

mybills
06-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I thought Lindell won most of those games last year. Winning by 1pt. 2 pts. or 3 pts. isn't that great. :ill:

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
who puts Fancy I in a position to win those games?

mybills
06-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Trent (or the next guy) needs to get it in the end zone for around a 7-21 pt lead & win every game. :up:

Jan Reimers
06-19-2009, 06:42 AM

It would be like trying to coach Michael Vick into being a pocket passer. Ain't gonna' happen. I don't think JP would have been successful under any circumstances, but the coaching staff's tying his hands and not taking advantage of the skills he DID have, didn't help. The best coaching staffs fit their systems to the talent on hand, not vice-versa.

But this is not an excuse. JP failed, no matter how you look at it. I simply don't hate him for trying, but failing.

Philagape
06-19-2009, 08:19 AM
the coaching staff's tying his hands and not taking advantage of the skills he DID have, didn't help. The best coaching staffs fit their systems to the talent on hand, not vice-versa.

Then the playbook would have been about two pages.
There were more plays on those old Mattel handheld football games.

trapezeus
06-19-2009, 08:43 AM
i think i'm with you Jan. i don't hate the guy, but i hate what he represented during his starting tenor. if it was on the coaches or him is the debate, but i know during games and watching drives stall on his watch made me put alot of my hatred for the 2005-2008 teams on his shoulders because the errors usually came as a direct result of his play.

Mr. Pink
06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
What baffles me is that some people call it "holding a torch" at the slightest mention of his name. That's just pure hatred. :cynic: I can't stomach nose dive Bledsoe, but I don't hate him.

Yes, it's hatred for a guy who set this franchise back at least 5 years.

Hatred, because he was the guy who was supposed to be the savior.

Hatred for having to watch a completely inept player for far too long.

I've already fulled admitted to all of the above.

JP couldn't hold Drew's jock strap.

yordad
06-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Yes, it's hatred for a guy who set this franchise back at least 5 years.

JP couldn't hold Drew's jock strap.5 years? Why not say 10?

trapezeus
06-19-2009, 12:57 PM
because the average shelf life of an average to bad NFL player is about 3 years. So in five years, you can assume most of the weak link players have changed out.

justasportsfan
06-19-2009, 01:10 PM
I thought Drew BLedsoe with all his experience was going to be this franchises savior.

JD
06-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Why isn't this thread in the spam zone (or spin)? JP's days as a Bill have been over for quite a few months now :up:

yordad
06-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Why isn't this thread in the spam zone (or spin)? JP's days as a Bill have been over for quite a few months now :up:It is a Bills article. Kind of been explained aready. Please try to follow along.

mybills
06-19-2009, 02:58 PM
I thought Drew BLedsoe with all his experience was going to be this franchises savior.
I didn't. I knew he'd do a nose dive. Did it again in Dallas. He gave us nothing, just like JP.

acehole
06-20-2009, 08:47 AM
More stupidity from this poster.

You make it sound like all we needed was good qb play and we were contenders....

Yes we were so close to the ring with the 2005 2006 2007 teams...god we were right there and jp BLEW IT!

Your new name is funnytimesya and you have become the comics section of this board.

You should hate Drew more he was a better qb on a better team and did squat...he let us down more.

funTimesYaY!]Yes, it's hatred for a guy who set this franchise back at least 5 years.

JP couldn't hold Drew's jock strap.[/quote]

Mr. Pink
06-20-2009, 11:35 AM
5 years? Why not say 10?

Because I, unlike other people, only count the years he was here.

He was a colossal bust...waste of a first round pick...waste of the future picks it took to acquire him...waste of time to try to develop him.

We were on the verge of making the playoffs before the franchise decided to hand him the ball and we all know what happened with that, back to bottom feeder.

Too bad Troy Vincent didn't completely shatter the dude's leg to the point he couldn't ever play again. Then we would never have had to sit and groan through the JP era.

You can't dispute any of that though if you respond, you'll try to.

Maybe you'll talk about drinks and alcohol again to say how great he is!

acehole
06-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Fine. JP lossmen era over. Let us focus on the present.

Trend has yet to break 7-9...and as of yet well below 11th rated passer. So if JP is a colossal bust where does that leave us right now with trend? A waste of a third round pick? What about the wasted pick we used to get bledsoe?

Yea funny times...

He was a colossal bust...waste of a first round pick...waste of the future picks it took to acquire him...waste of time to try to develop him.

We were on the verge of making the playoffs before the franchise decided to hand him the ball and we all know what happened with that, back to bottom feeder.

Too bad Troy Vincent didn't completely shatter the dude's leg to the point he couldn't ever play again. Then we would never have had to sit and groan through the JP era.

Maybe you'll talk about drinks and alcohol again to say how great he is!

Mr. Pink
06-20-2009, 01:07 PM

Trend has yet to break 7-9...and as of yet well below 11th rated passer. So if JP is a colossal bust where does that leave us right now with trend? A waste of a third round pick? What about the wasted pick we used to get bledsoe?

Yea funny times...

Drew's the best QB this franchise has had in over a decade, who got us one step short of the playoffs. He had a good long career as an NFL player.

That being said, he didn't lead us to the next step either, but he wasn't as much of a waste as Rob Johnson and JP.

Trent very well may not be good enough, who knows? BUT, he was a third round pick. One pick, not multiple. And he obviously has shown he's more than twice the QB the last guy was. That doesn't mean he's good enough, it just means he's better.

When you put better players on the field, you have a better chance at winning.

The job of the QB first and foremost is to protect the football. Protecting the football is one of Trent's strengths. I don't care how physically gifted you are, if you don't protect the football, you're not going to win. As evidenced by the prior guy.

BillsEV
06-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Losman is only a "threat" to a victory.

yordad
06-20-2009, 04:16 PM

Maybe you'll talk about drinks and alcohol again to say how great he is!What is there to dispute? You are guessing, and it is basically an opinion.

Bill Cody
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
I didn't. I knew he'd do a nose dive. Did it again in Dallas. He gave us nothing, just like JP.

Even in the NBA one player can't win by himself, certainly not in the NFL, not even the QB. The year before Drew came to Buffalo we were 3-13. His first year we went 8-8, a 5 game improvement. Drew's last year here we went 9-7. The year after with Just Punt we went 5-11 a 4 game downturn.

In Dallas the year before Drew arrived the Cowboys went 5-11, 9-7 the next year with Drew.

One player can't make a poor team great but he can help. If Tom Donahoe assembled a real O-line for Drew and he failed I could accept that point but he didn't.

justasportsfan
06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Even in the NBA one player can't win by himself, certainly not in the NFL, not even the QB. The year before Drew came to Buffalo we were 3-13. His first year we went 8-8, a 5 game improvement. Drew's last year here we went 9-7. The year after with Just Punt we went 5-11 a 4 game downturn.

In Dallas the year before Drew arrived the Cowboys went 5-11, 9-7 the next year with Drew.

One player can't make a poor team great but he can help. If Tom Donahoe assembled a real O-line for Drew and he failed I could accept that point but he didn't.
you're just pissed because the supposed savior Drew got cut by JP. :snicker:

Isn't it ironic that you call JP a waste and yet you idolize a waste.

Bill Cody
06-22-2009, 12:38 PM

Yea funny times...

There's no doubt we have a decent enough supporting cast and Trent's gotten some experience- he has to produce this year. If he doesn't then you can rush in and bury him like you seem to want. JP had more chances here than a NY city street ho and that's not just my opinion it's apparently all 32 teams opinion.

Bill Cody
06-22-2009, 12:41 PM
you're just pissed because the supposed savior Drew got cut by JP. :snicker:

Isn't it ironic that you call JP a waste and yet you idolize a waste.

I'll let their own numbers stand on their merits. Drew- 7th in all time NFL passing yardage, holder of 10 Bills passing records. JP- 10-23 as a starter in Buffalo, no longer in the league.:flush:

justasportsfan
06-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I'll let their own numbers stand on their merits. Drew- 7th in all time NFL passing yardage, holder of 10 Bills passing records. JP- 10-23 as a starter in Buffalo, no longer in the league.:flush:

Who cares about what he did in NE? He was a waste and a flop here in buffalo. JUst JP, Drew was another Donahoe mistake. Just like JP , Drew set us back years.

Isn't it kinda sad that inspite of his background and having been under Parcells. you lessened Drew into comparing him with Losman?

Bill Cody
06-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Who cares about what he did in NE? He was a waste and a flop here in buffalo. JUst JP, Drew was another Donahoe mistake. Just like JP , Drew set us back years.

Isn't it kinda sad that inspite of his background and having been under Parcells. you lessened Drew into comparing him with Losman?

He wasn't a flop and he wasn't a mistake. He improved the team. One guy can't be expected to help more than a few games- we were flat out terrible when he got here you know this. I don't think there is a comparison between Drew and JP, glad you agree.

justasportsfan
06-22-2009, 01:00 PM
He wasn't a flop and he wasn't a mistake. He improved the team. One guy can't be expected to help more than a few games- we were flat out terrible when he got here you know this. I don't think there is a comparison between Drew and JP, glad you agree.
he improved the team? he was the supposed savior. He didn't save any team. He didn't even save the cowboys either. He was a mistake we should've never brought in ti this team and in return give the Pats the picks. The best Drew could come up with was a 9-7 season. For a savvior that blows. Why do you think they decided to experiment with JP? Because Drew sucked.

Bill Cody
06-22-2009, 01:10 PM
he improved the team? he was the supposed savior. He didn't save any team. He didn't even save the cowboys either. He was a mistake we should've never brought in ti this team and in return give the Pats the picks. The best Drew could come up with was a 9-7 season. For a savvior that blows.

Waiting for saviors is like waiting by the fireplace for Santa to come down. It doesn't work that way in sports and you know it, you're just trying to get my goat, which is not real likely from a licker.:snicker2: Supporting cast matters. I loved Jim Kelly but put him under center from 2002-2004 and he'd have been lucky to get to 9-7, just saying. JP took a mediocre team and carried it on his back into a bad team, that's just the way it is. Whatever this discussion is, it's stupid. I'm out.

justasportsfan
06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Waiting for saviors is like waiting by the fireplace for Santa to come down. It doesn't work that way in sports and you know it, you're just trying to get my goat, which is not real likely from a licker.:snicker2: Supporting cast matters. I loved Jim Kelly but put him under center from 2002-2004 and he'd have been lucky to get to 9-7, just saying. JP took a mediocre team and carried it on his back into a bad team, that's just the way it is. Whatever this discussion is, it's stupid. I'm out.
:snicker:

Na, cmon. WE gave up a ton of picks to a rival team for Drew. You don't usually trade with rival teams but we did and the Pats were more than willing to do so.

He was epxected to save this team.

No matter what your opinion is of JP, why do you think they thought of giving up a ton of picks for JP to begin with? Why do you think the bills need to draft a qb to begin with? because they realized they screwed up with Drew. Even Parcells realized that in Dallas. Parcells finally saw what Donahoe saw in Drew. An overrated qb who can't win big games thats washed up.

Bill Cody
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
:snicker:

Na, cmon. WE gave up a ton of picks to a rival team for Drew. You don't usually trade with rival teams but we did and the Pats were more than willing to do so.

He was epxected to save this team.

No matter what your opinion is of JP, why do you think they thought of giving up a ton of picks for JP to begin with? Why do you think the bills need to draft a qb to begin with? because they realized they screwed up with Drew. Even Parcells realized that in Dallas. Parcells finally saw what Donahoe saw in Drew. An overrated qb who can't win big games thats washed up.

We gave up one pick for Drew. Maybe YOU expected him to save the team but that's not fair. He did his part but you have to admit Donahoe didn't do his. We gave up 3 picks for Just Pee. He did nothing. If snow hair had used those picks on OL maybe Drew would have gotten us there who knows. I've moved on, you should too.

yordad
06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I've moved on.You did? :idunno:

Bill Cody
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
You did? :idunno:

I have now.:jig:

yordad
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I have now.:jig:I'm glad we could help you let it all out. :surrender

mybills
06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Drew's the best QB this franchise has had in over a decade, who got us one step short of the playoffs.

Correction -
Flutie's the best QB this franchise has had in over a decade who got us TO the playoffs.

The rest suck and so far, that includes Trent. :sadwalk:

justasportsfan
06-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Correction -
Flutie's the best QB this franchise has had in over a decade who got us TO the playoffs.

The rest suck and so far, that includes Trent. :sadwalk:
good catch. I didn't see that. Yeah the midget was better.