PDA

View Full Version : Is it crazy to think the Bills may have kept Hamden because....

yordad
09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I mean, Hamden looked pretty good in limited action thought out the preseason. But, if the Bills cut him, would another team have picked him up? If not, we could have just put him on call. Actually, I believe the Bills did that once.

Do you think another team would have picked him up? But the real question is, do you think the most likely team would have been the Patriots?

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
The most likely reason we kept Hamdan is because most teams keep 3 QBs on the roster.

Hamdan vs Baker...tough call.

patmoran2006
09-05-2009, 10:58 PM
There's been at least a handful of teams that only kept 2 QB's this season as of today. Off the top of my head, I know the Giants and Saints are two of them.

I tend to agree here. I dont think Hamden should've made the 53-man roster and if I were GM I'd have started with two quarterbacks.

Then again, the way Trent goes down Hamden is literally two plays away from playing.

It's regardless that Rhodes release was 100% financial, despite what I thought initially. Rhodes is more valuable to this team than Hamden, Corto or freegin Wendling. Especially with Lynch missing nearly a quarter of the season.

yordad
09-05-2009, 11:06 PM
The most likely reason we kept Hamdan is because most teams keep 3 QBs on the roster.

Hamdan vs Baker...tough call.I think you are referring to teams with promising young guys as 3s. Or teams with savvy vets as 3s. Or guys with a higher likelihood of getting another gig. Again, the Bills have done this with Hamden before.

How many QBs do the Patriots have?

yordad
09-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I just read the Saints cut Harrington who was competing for the #2 position. I think they only have 2 now. Harrington has to have a higher chance of being picked up then Hamden, right?

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 11:22 PM
There is a HUGE difference when you have Drew Brees and Tom Brady as your 1 than Trent Edwards.

Bad examples.

yordad
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
There is a HUGE difference when you have Drew Brees and Tom Brady as your 1 than Trent Edwards.

Bad examples.How are their differences relevant?

My point is those are 2 successful teams.

Mr. Pink
09-05-2009, 11:33 PM
How are their differences relevant?

Trent is injury prone and hasn't shown if he's actually good enough to hold up for an entire season.

Part of the skill set of your QB comes into play if you keep 3 or not too.

Like Indy only has Sorgi...well Manning isn't going anywhere.

Although technically, it's not like if we did release Hamden and then needed to get him later he wouldn't be available anyways.

So you do have a point.

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM
GB and NE are only carrying two QB's for now.. and I think Oakland too.

yordad
09-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Trent is injury prone and hasn't shown if he's actually good enough to hold up for an entire season.

Part of the skill set of your QB comes into play if you keep 3 or not too.

Like Indy only has Sorgi...well Manning isn't going anywhere.

Although technically, it's not like if we did release Hamden and then needed to get him later he wouldn't be available anyways.

So you do have a point.Yes. That is what I meant by "on call".

I don't think their skill set comes into play, unless you think there is a shot Hamden leaps over Fitz and Trent to start at the bye.

And, as far as injuries, I would think Brady's newly reconstructed knee is a bigger concern then any hangnail Trent might have at the moment.

patmoran2006
09-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Yes. That is what I meant by "on call".

I don't think their skill set comes into play, unless you think there is a shot Hamden leaps over Fitz and Trent to start at the bye.

And, as far as injuries, I would think Brady's newly reconstructed knee is a bigger concern then any hangnail Trent might have at the moment.
TRent is more likely to injure his nail.

I shouldn't dis Trent though. Im not off his bandwagon yet. I think NE opening week aside, he's going to surprise some people.

Don't discount Terrell Owens and the openings its going to create elsewhere.. We havent seen it but for 1 or 2 drives a month ago.

yordad
09-06-2009, 12:26 AM
TRent is more likely to injure his nail.
You're absolutely right, but I said "bigger concern" not "more likely".

Oaf
09-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Hmm, I'm not really sure what this thread's about..

Ickybaluky
09-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I don't think the Pats would be interested in Hamden.

Brian Hoyer had a strong preseason and is a good developmental prospect for them. They do have a need for a backup, but they need a veteran.

My guess is the Pats are going to wait until after week 1 and sign Damon Huard. He already knows their system and can be brought up to speed quickly, plus he is a good lockerroom guy who is friends with Brady and knows his role. By waiting until after week 1 his full salary is not guaranteed for the season.