PDA

View Full Version : Perry Fewell should be the team's next coach...

IAG
11-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Perry Fewell should be the team's next head coach. Look how he has motivated a lifeless group of guys. He is also instilling a mental toughness with them by practicing in pads and the elements.

I love his energy. He tells it like it is. I want this guy here.

Why do the Bills have to pay 10-12 million dollars for a coach when that cash could be put to players to come in here and play? Give that money to a proven GM.

This guy can coach and he will show it Sunday against Miami.

I bet this guy wins 4 games before it is over.

justasportsfan
11-26-2009, 10:15 AM
it was 1 game . We looked good vs the pats too under Dick. Look what happened

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2009, 10:19 AM
i loved how we lost the game in the 4th quarter. that was pretty ****ing sweet.

OpIv37
11-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I loved the energy he brought and he did some unique things with the D that were relatively successful, but the O was completely disorganized and ineffectual.

And over the years, Fewell's scheme has had some huge holes, most noticeably things like DB's playing 10 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 7.

For the moment, I'll take him over Jauron, but I really don't think he's HC material for the long term.

Mahdi
11-26-2009, 10:29 AM
The decision to play for the FG at the end of the half was horrible and may have cost us the game. There was plenty of time for 2 TD attempts.

The only thing I give Fewell credit for was mixing up the defensive looks and adding more to the blitz package.

Demon
11-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Perry Fewell should be the team's next head coach. Look how he has motivated a lifeless group of guys. He is also instilling a mental toughness with them by practicing in pads and the elements.

Why do the Bills have to pay 10-12 million dollars for a coach when that cash could be put to players to come in here and play? Give that money to a proven GM.

This is like the whole Trent Edwards/JP Losman arguement. People jumped on the Edwards bandwagon so quickly mainly because he wasn't JP Losman. You're so in love with the guy because he isn't Dick Jauron and actually shows emotion. He does show emotion and he does show toughness but that doesn't mean he's a good teacher or a good coach.

Look at the 49ers, they hired Mike Singletary last year and were going to look elsewhere. He brought the toughness and changed the attitute in San Fran. Now, he was named the long term coach, and in the worst divison in football, his team is 4-6.

malo
11-26-2009, 10:33 AM
This is like the whole Trent Edwards/JP Losman arguement. People jumped on the Edwards bandwagon so quickly mainly because he wasn't JP Losman. You're so in love with the guy because he isn't Dick Jauron and actually shows emotion. He does show emotion and he does show toughness but that doesn't mean he's a good teacher or a good coach.

Look at the 49ers, they hired Mike Singletary last year and were going to look elsewhere. He brought the toughness and changed the attitute in San Fran. Now, he was named the long term coach, and in the worst divison in football, his team is 4-6.
Well said.

Nighthawk
11-26-2009, 10:33 AM

Man, it's scary how many Bills fans have absolutely no clue what the hell they're talking about! If you think Perry Fool should be the HC next season, then I have some swamp land that I'd like to sell you! What a joke!

Nighthawk
11-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Exactly...people don't think about anything, they just get excited because it isn't Jauron. Ignorance is the main factor with these fans.

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2009, 10:40 AM
indeed

Demon
11-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Exactly...people don't think about anything, they just get excited because it isn't Jauron. Ignorance is the main factor with these fans.

I was listening to "Bills Brothers" on local radio here in Rochester (it's 3 Bills reporters from Rochester talking Bills) and they were all saying how disgusting our fans mentality is. They never shoot for the stars and they just want another bandaid as long as it's not the previous guy.

This whole Fewell being named next coach is a joke IMO. The offense, besides a few plays was near Cleveland Browns game status. We hit Terrell Owens on a 98 yard bomb for 6 and still only managed to cash in 15 points in the entire game.

The guy makes the team practice in the rain (something Jauron never did) and people fall in love with the guy. Unreal.

Our fanbase needs to demand a winner and demand only the best not just a band aid.

Nighthawk
11-26-2009, 10:47 AM
I was listening to "Bills Brothers" on local radio here in Rochester (it's 3 Bills reporters from Rochester talking Bills) and they were all saying how disgusting our fans mentality is. They never shoot for the stars and they just want another bandaid as long as it's not the previous guy.

This whole Fewell being named next coach is a joke IMO. The offense, besides a few plays was near Cleveland Browns game status. We hit Terrell Owens on a 98 yard bomb for 6 and still only managed to cash in 15 points in the entire game.

The guy makes the team practice in the rain (something Jauron never did) and people fall in love with the guy. Unreal.

Our fanbase needs to demand a winner and demand only the best not just a band aid.

I agree...there are some fans who seriously don't get it. I call them "cheerleaders"...they cheer the team, but they really don't understand the game and what it takes to put a winner on the field. They're the ones who get excited about meaningless victories or get excited because our crappy backup QB was less crappy then the starting QB.

casdhf
11-26-2009, 11:09 AM
He should get an interview for sure.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2009, 11:10 AM
New coach, same old Bills. Dominate a game and lose in the final minutes. A winning attitude needs to be brought to Buffalo, which doesn't exist right now.

PromoTheRobot
11-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Still too early to say, but I like Fewell so far. If he does manage to win 4,5, 6 games he would deserve consideration. If he beats the Pats* he deserves the key to the city.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
11-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I would argue just the opposite. Bills fans don't know football talent from horse crap. All they know is wins, losses and names. Not the how and why anything happens.

There are just as many people who think Fewell can't coach beacuse a) he was part of the old regime and b) no one on ESPN is touting him. They judge every football decision on what the media thinks.

They will never succeed because to them fame = talent. They will never be able to scout the real up and coming talent in the NFL, the way REAL winning franchises are built.

PTR

Oldbillsfan
11-26-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't care who the damn coach is, i just want them to win and stop messing up on drafts and FA moves.

Commissioner
11-26-2009, 11:27 AM

You should be banned from ever talking about football again.

Did you enjoy Fewell playing for the field goal last week right before half time? He's a ******.

jamze132
11-26-2009, 11:33 AM
You can't tell how Fewell will coach in the NFL from one ****ing game. This franchise nor it's fanbase does not need another first time HC running the debacles. We need someone with a proven track record that knows how to teach, coach, motivate, and earn respect on the field, not on the practice field. Our team is full of pussies because Dick made them soft. Aside from the strength and conditiond dude, there is no other reason for all of the injuries we have had, especially to the lower body than Dick's Club Jauron for the past 4 seasons. Who the **** doesn't practice in the same elements that you play the games in? I could see if you are at the top of your division and your team is mentally strong, but, eh, that's not Buffalo.

HAMMER
11-26-2009, 11:54 AM
The way he handled the end of the first half shows he is not HC material.

casdhf
11-26-2009, 11:57 AM
The way he handled the end of the first half shows he is not HC material. 10 days ago he never would have had to make that decision. It just shows me he is inexperienced.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2009, 12:20 PM
:rofl:

Because last week looked any different than the previous 4 years right?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-26-2009, 12:58 PM

:lmao:

BuffaloBlitz83
11-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Don't worry guys, The fact Buffalo met with a guy like Shanahan 7 hours and offere him 50 Million shows they are going to py a coach. Sorry Perry would only get 1 Million lol

Aliceinchainsbills15
11-26-2009, 01:51 PM

:nono:

jonah7777
11-26-2009, 02:11 PM
it was 1 game . We looked good vs the pats too under Dick. Look what happened

I would have to disagree and the reason is If jauron liked him then he has to much of Jaurons loser qualities to be a good coach

Nighthawk
11-26-2009, 02:17 PM
:rofl:

Because last week looked any different than the previous 4 years right?

Now this I agree with you on!

IAG
11-26-2009, 02:39 PM
It was his first game...cut him some slack.

I am sure Shanahan will lead us to the promise land. His salary will not even equal a million dollars a win.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Seriously?

This guy has proven that he is a loser just like the entire staff. I really can't wait to have a team that doesn't have Fewell, Van Pelt, and April on it.

The guy needed a win. Close means crap. So he's a loser and we are going to get spanked by Miami.

Novacane
11-26-2009, 03:34 PM

He won't win 2. What do you want to bet?

IAG
11-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I cannot wait to call this forum out after they beat Miami.

You are the small people that will complain that the coach is getting paid too much for too few wins.

Buffalo fans amaze me.

PECKERWOOD
11-26-2009, 04:32 PM

Is that you Perry?

BillsWin
11-26-2009, 04:57 PM
:lolpoint: this thread.

Buddo
11-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I like Fewell. I also think he may be H material, down the line some. The experience he gets with the Bills as the interim HC, could well give him the insight he needs to build on his resume.
I like what he did with the D last week, and when we get them all healthy, I shall be very interested to see how he has them playing, as I think Jauron tied his hands, more than we realise.
I do not want him as the next HC 'proper' of the Bills however. The plain fact is that Fewell is a DC through and through, and we desperately need to build an offence, if we are going to succeed. I think in time, Fewell may get to know the right guys to do that for him, but I really don't see him being able to do so now.

Block "O"
11-26-2009, 07:46 PM
i dont thinkk ralph likes coloured coaches IMHO

Bravo82
11-26-2009, 08:19 PM
i dont thinkk ralph likes coloured coaches IMHO

:banned:

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2009, 09:47 PM

You are the small people that will complain that the coach is getting paid too much for too few wins.

Buffalo fans amaze me.
i'll be at the game sunday and i truly hope we beat them because i hate the dolphins so much. at the same time though, i know what i saw last week and just because this guy showed some emotion doesn't mean he is a good coach. he had some pretty bonehead calls, same as dick moron. he did have defense running pretty well but it sh** the bed in the end. so none of it really mattered. the offense was the same old putrid can't run the ball worth a fu** offense i've seen all year. the dolphins are most likely going to put a hurtin on this team because it's full of panzi's that shouldn't be on an nfl roster.

Demon
11-26-2009, 11:15 PM

Buffalo fans amaze me.

I think we'll beat Miami too, but i still don't think he'll get close to winning 4 games. I'll say maybe 2. Miami and KC.

PromoTheRobot
11-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I think we'll beat Miami too, but i still don't think he'll get close to winning 4 games. I'll say maybe 2. Miami and KC.

Fewell and the Bills will win 4.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Fewell and the Bills will win 4.

PTR

i will bring this thread back up at the end of the season when the bills are 4-12

Oaf
11-27-2009, 12:55 AM
I loved the energy he brought and he did some unique things with the D that were relatively successful, but the O was completely disorganized and ineffectual.

Can you really put the offensive struggles on Fewell's shoulders? Really? With Schonert Jr, the least experienced Oline in football, and a starting QB who will never be a starting quarterback in this league?

He wins a few games, a la Singletary last year, and he might just stick around. This from the guy who said Fewell should have been fired ALONG with Schonert earlier this season (So, agreed on the rest of your post). If he doesn't, we get a brand name coach. Looks like a win win to me.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2009, 02:11 AM
any remnants of a dick jauron coaching staff is not win win.

Luisito23
11-27-2009, 05:53 AM
This is exactly why the groan button should of never left! :tricycle:

IAG
11-27-2009, 06:35 AM
We are not going to get a star coach. Why would you not want to take a chance on a young, energetic and respected coach.

Watch how hard they play for this guy.

ddaryl
11-27-2009, 07:08 AM
We are not going to get a star coach. Why would you not want to take a chance on a young, energetic and respected coach.

I really don't like Perry as a DC let alone a HC... He's a decent DC but that is about it. is Defenses are rarely dominate, and fall apart way to often.

I really fail to see how that translates into a great HC.

In fact any team that just fired their HC is going to have motivation. When the Bills fired Jauron it was a shot fired across thentire team... Nobody is going to be safe with a new HC/GM.

Also if we do not hire a top candidate then I am just going to belittle this team untilt he day they do...

Perry Fewell has no business being the Bills HC IMO

Nighthawk
11-27-2009, 07:18 AM

Stop, just stop.

mybills
11-27-2009, 07:24 AM
:lolpoint: this thread.
I was thinking :lolpoint: zoners.

If some of you took the time to just explain why you disagree with someone, instead of jumping down their throat and calling them names, this board might return to it's old "helpful, finger on the pulse of the Buffalo Bills, intelligent football talk kind of website again.
:shoothead:

Nighthawk
11-27-2009, 07:25 AM
I was thinking :lolpoint: zoners.

If some of you took the time to just explain why you disagree with someone, instead of jumping down their throat and calling them names, this board might return to it's old "helpful, finger on the pulse of the Buffalo Bills, intelligent football talk kind of website again.
:shoothead:

There is no explaining to some and when somebody says something so outlandish, it's pretty obvious they don't get it.

Tailspin
11-27-2009, 11:51 AM
A new GM if we get one will already have a his idea for a coach in mind. They will also want to douche the unaccountability and lack of pride that has been festering in the Bills locker room. Perry is part of this loser mentality by association with Jauron. Just my thoughts

justasportsfan
11-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I would have to disagree and the reason is If jauron liked him then he has to much of Jaurons loser qualities to be a good coach

you just agreed w/ me. I don't think Fewell is HC material based on last sundays game.

HAMMER
11-27-2009, 12:42 PM
10 days ago he never would have had to make that decision. It just shows me he is inexperienced.

He is inexperienced, but that is no excuse. I am inexperienced also, but I know you take a couple shots at the end zone and not call a run play. It was not a promising sign.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I really don't like Perry as a DC let alone a HC... He's a decent DC but that is about it. is Defenses are rarely dominate, and fall apart way to often.

I really fail to see how that translates into a great HC.

In fact any team that just fired their HC is going to have motivation. When the Bills fired Jauron it was a shot fired across thentire team... Nobody is going to be safe with a new HC/GM.

Also if we do not hire a top candidate then I am just going to belittle this team untilt he day they do...

Perry Fewell has no business being the Bills HC IMO
so true, so true. how many times have we seen the opposing team just walk down the field when they need a score to win? too many times for me to count on my hands alone, that's for sure. these clowns cannot get a stop when needed if it was a matter of life or death.

IAG
11-27-2009, 03:24 PM
How do Bills fans not enjoy how Fewell is using the Dolphins and Bills history in motivating the team for this week?

I love it.

IAG
11-27-2009, 05:07 PM
You do not have to pay a ton for a coach. You must find a QUALITY coach. I think Fewell is quality and he will prove it Sunday.

trapezeus
11-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Man, it's scary how many Bills fans have absolutely no clue what the hell they're talking about! If you think Perry Fool should be the HC next season, then I have some swamp land that I'd like to sell you! What a joke!
You are selling the walden galleria??