PDA

View Full Version : Bills Film Session: Interesting take on Poz

patmoran2006
12-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I love Brian's comments about Poz, and he's got some other good stuff here too.

Paul Posluszny needs to move outside. He also needs to come off the field on obvious passing downs. Posluszny is another defender who takes either way too much abuse or way too much praise, which is indicative of what he ideally brings to a football team – he’s not an every-down defender or the cornerstone player for a defense, but he’s not exactly a guy you just kick to the curb, either, because he can play.

I’m going to get a bit more into this once the season has closed and things (i.e. the coaching search and front office re-organization) have settled, but I firmly believe that the Bills are one major piece away from fielding a pretty excellent defense. That piece is a middle linebacker. No offense to Posluszny, who I think definitely has and deserves a place on this team, but he doesn’t possess the block-shedding ability to be elite at his current position. Moving Posluszny outside, getting a healthy Kawika Mitchell back and inserting a talented middle linebacker that can shed blocks would do wonders for this defense. (Yes, I’m aware that a little depth at all positions wouldn’t hurt, either. I said “major” piece.)

FULL STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/bills-16-chiefs-10-week-14-film-session/)

bigbub2352
12-15-2009, 12:11 PM
i think Poz and Mitchell in the middle of a 3-4 with Maybin and go shopping for an OLB like Shawn Merriman, and u got a hell of a LBer corps, add a higher draft pick at MLB to develop behind Mitchell and keep Palmer and harris as depth
Stroud, Williams, Schobel and Johnson as ur Dline depth, and get urself a stud DT Franklin from San Fran or Wilfork or draft Mount Cody and our secondary is solid so really add 2 pieces to the puzzle via FA and u got the makings of a hell of a D for a 3-4 scheme

its far fetched but if we let some of the money come off the books like with players like Reed, TO, Denney, Kelsay, Ellis, McCargo, Draft, Corto, Whitner, Schouman, Fine, Mcyntire, Trent, Jonathan Scott, Seth McKinney, Kirk Chambers, Marcus Buggs, Wendling, all go and u got some free cap space to play around with

ddaryl
12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I think Poz would be much better at MLB in the 3-4 D....

hard to say what Poz can really do at MLB in the 4-3 since we don't seem to have a consistently good enough front 4, and the fact that he has been hurt for a much of his 1st 2 seasons

Buckets
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
The article states he should "come off the field in obvious passing downs" and
also states he "doesn't possess block shedding ability".

When do we use him?

TigerJ
12-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Good article from Galliford. My only disagreement is on Nic Harris. I don't know that it's fair to give any assessment on him given the limited playing time he's had. As for Poz, he's certainly no Patrick Willis. He's serviceable if you need to upgrade other positions first. He's just not fast enough to do some of the things you'd like a middle linebacker to do in the Tampa 2 system.

billistic
12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Posluszny has plaster for bones. He's been listed #1 in the Bills depth chart for 45 games, but has only been on the field for 19 games.