PDA

View Full Version : My last Brohm thread

The Juice Is Loose
12-25-2009, 10:31 AM
You know, a lot of debate has been going on around here about Brohm, as to whether he can make an impact this week or into the future. We have no pro information on him, but we do have college information. In Louisville, Brohm ran a pro style, drop back and pass offense. And he had an illustrius career. Let's just take a look at how his college career stacks up against some of our recent mediocre QB's.

Brohm - 65.8 comp, 10,775 yds, 71td, 24picks.
Edwards - 57%, 5100 yds, 36td, 26picks.
Losman - 56%, 3600 yds, 27td, 13 picks

I don't even consider Fitzpatrick a real option at QB. He's a servicable backup who can scramble and make plays. If we had a solid run game, he could probably go 3-2 in a stretch if our team was strong and we had our starter out.

Look at Edwards and Losman. These are guys that came in and got thrown into the fire right away. How long did Trent have to develop? A couple OTA's, 4 weeks of training camp, 2 weeks of taking 2nd string snaps, and boom, starter.

Losman had half a training camp and broke his leg. Came back late in the year, threw a pick and New England and then got handed the job. He had the off season, but regardless, he looked completely lost from day one. (MAYBE, due to the fact he started 16 freaking games in college, this guy had a slightly higher experience level than Matt Cassel!!

Then you look at Brohm. This is a guy who is literally twice as accomplished as Trent and 3 times as accomplished as JP. He was playing top 25 teams on national television on a regular basis.

Now he's had 2 NFL training camps, 1 and 3 quarter years of practice on an NFL franchise. And he's watched Aaron Rodgers.

How can this not give you guys something to be excited about! Its not about the W or L these next two games. Its not about the stats. You will know from watching the kid play if he has it. I know I'll know.

What have we seen? Inaccuracy. Happy feet in the pocket. Fear of making the downfield throw, lack of arm strenth to make the down field throw. I'm lookin for poise and moxy this week.

If he's got it, I think he has the credentials to show that he can play this game on a regular basis, and he won't choke under pressure. This is a guy I believe who, with some talent around him, can be a solid starter on this team, in this climate, in this league.

Let's go Brohm!!!!!!!!!

homeslice5484
12-25-2009, 10:46 AM
it cant look any worse, both starting QBs are playing like rookies anyways...i know the line is bad, but good qbs who have the "IT" still make plays. Just ask Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben

homeslice5484
12-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Listening to Perry talk, you would think Fitz was the next Peyton Manning

Prov401
12-25-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm pretty excited about seeing the kid play.

YardRat
12-25-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty excited about seeing the kid play.

Me too. Certainly not expecting him to set the world on fire, but a spark that indicates he's worth at least bringing back next season in some role would be nice.

djjimkelly
12-25-2009, 01:46 PM
we may have gotten real lucky and got our QB maybe GB just wasnt fit for him things like this have happened many times in the NFL spend 1 or 2 years somewhere then hit the right roster and boom

and yes he is the highest regarded coming out of college this franchise has had behind center since jim kelly

Ingtar33
12-25-2009, 01:52 PM
we may have gotten real lucky and got our QB maybe GB just wasnt fit for him things like this have happened many times in the NFL spend 1 or 2 years somewhere then hit the right roster and boom

and yes he is the highest regarded coming out of college this franchise has had behind center since jim kelly

well... drew bledsoe was no.1 pick overall...

but i get the point you're making.

PECKERWOOD
12-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Juice, this thread is delusional at it's best. Fitzpatrick should be the starter this week, having Brohm start is futile, he is a 3rd stringer here next year if he is even still on the roster.

djjimkelly
12-25-2009, 03:37 PM
well... drew bledsoe was no.1 pick overall...

but i get the point you're making.

i meant it as a start from scratch qb like losman,edwards i'll even say rob johnson

BidsJr
12-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Juice, this thread is delusional at it's best. Fitzpatrick should be the starter this week, having Brohm start is futile, he is a 3rd stringer here next year if he is even still on the roster.

This post is a POS.

The Juice Is Loose
12-25-2009, 05:03 PM
This post is a POS.

the dude has no fing clue what hes talking about

DrGraves
12-25-2009, 05:33 PM
thanks for the thread... the fact that brohm saw more time in college than those guys and also had more success during that time makes me a little more optimistic about him. who knows what role he will play next year but i hope to see him succeed in the coming weeks!

deviantwolf
12-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm just upset I probably won't catch this game. Living in Southern Indiana now it's not easy to pick up Bills games.

Not that I really cared about watching them this year but I wanted to see this game. Kinda feel like I should be watching since I'm a current U of L student.

mush69
12-26-2009, 07:00 AM
I watched the interview with Brohm yesterday and then rewatched this morning. I gotta say that this kid has a different attitude about him. I just may have to sit down and watch this game this week.

The last couple of games just haven't give me any real reason to watch.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2009, 10:04 AM
In Louisville, Brohm ran a pro style, drop back and pass offense.

but according to Schonert, the Bills are running a Pop Warner offense. Brohm may not be used to that. :chug:

ddaryl
12-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Trent and JP were obvioulsy missing components in their game that they just couldn't grasp.

JP had major troubles reading D's and had no short game touch

Trent had trouble throwing the mid - long ball with accuracy and would wait until a WR was completely open before making such a throw. That qwirk meant Trent would never be successful in the NFL. Unfortunately he couldn't seem to learn that long ball WR/QB relationship trust that is necessary in this league.

Bring Brohm.. As far as I'm concerned he either has it or he doesn't... Some things can be developed in a QB others you either have it or you don't, but you definitely don't know what you have until you see it in action... which is why I am really hoping Brohm sees some action these last 2 games. He'll get to gather some self critiquing info and the team will gain some insight on his abilities, and the fans will hopefully have something to look forward too.

SO far in hindsight and my opinion.. Trent and JP were both just missing a few intangibles that they just never seem capable of grasping. Just want to see Brohm show some sparks in the areas our last 2 QB's couldn't seem to grasp.

ddaryl
12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
One other thiing I like about Brohm... He looks like an NFL QB IMO... Where JP and Trent looked a tad fragile from day 1

but that was just a 1st impression. Brohm just seems to have that square jawwed pro football player look

here's hoping that's all that was missing from the last few QB experimentation failures

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Id feel alot more confident in brohm if he was not plucked of a PRACTICE SQUAD!
Seriously Hamdin was on the ACTUAL TEAM and they never whacked him and grabbed Brohm for the entire year practicly and all of a sudden brohm is better then our 3rd stringer?
why didnt ANY team grab brohm off the practice squad if he had any potential more then anyone elses 3rd stringer?
so in other words 32 3rd stringers in the league and brohm still sat on a prectice squad... gosh that tells me something

Thurmal
12-26-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm excited to see him play simply b/c it is something different.

You have to admit, though, that everyone is so starved for someone who is merely above average at QB, that we are setting ourselves up for disappointment.

This guy is a career practice-squader that has been on the team for only a couple of weeks, and he is going to start a game on the road with one of the worst pass-blocking lines I have ever seen in front of him.

PECKERWOOD
12-26-2009, 03:38 PM
This post is a POS.

Why because not everybody is a delusional sucker? You expect a PS player who was signed not even 2 weeks ago to come in and light up the joint? Give me whatever drugs you're on, I know it's the holidays and booze is all over the place, but take it easy.

Albany,n.y.
12-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Id feel alot more confident in brohm if he was not plucked of a PRACTICE SQUAD!
Seriously Hamdin was on the ACTUAL TEAM and they never whacked him and grabbed Brohm for the entire year practicly and all of a sudden brohm is better then our 3rd stringer?
why didnt ANY team grab brohm off the practice squad if he had any potential more then anyone elses 3rd stringer?
so in other words 32 3rd stringers in the league and brohm still sat on a prectice squad... gosh that tells me something
It doesn't matter if Brohm was on a practice squad-he had a great college career-a lot of the posters saw him play & were impressed. Those other teams are poorly managed-If they had our front office guys they'd be on top of the football world. Our guys just outsmarted every other GM in the league, all because they were the only ones who forgave his play against NFL players in preseason and relied on his college stats! That's the kind of thinking that will bring a championship to Buffalo. Green Bay will rue the day they chose Aaron Rodgers as their QB instead of handing Brohm the job the second he arrived in 2008.
Brohm will be in the Hall of Fame someday, or he will be bartending somewhere next season until another team reads his college stats and signs him, most likely Las Vegas now that JP is a Raider.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 03:26 PM
:monkeyp:

This post is a POS.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 04:17 PM
He was awesome. HAHAAHAHAHAH!!!