PDA

View Full Version : Question for COACH SAL

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Sal, could you give us an update on things have progressed throughout the day and any information or things you cant hint at? Thanks very much.

BloFan4Life
01-08-2010, 09:33 PM
I thought you are confident he is coming here because of your "sources"?!?! Why do you need Coach Sal's information when you have everything you need from BBMB fakes??

TrEd FTW
01-08-2010, 09:35 PM
If Sal had any new info, he'd probably post it. There don't seem to be any new developments. The ball is in Cowher's court.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-08-2010, 09:38 PM
he wants to take it over the the BB.com billboard and post it like its his info from his "source"

Novacane
01-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Here is the news of the day. There is no news!

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
he wants to take it over the the BB.com billboard and post it like its his info from his "source"

No actually I just hoped he'd share some info

BILLSROCK1212
01-08-2010, 10:28 PM
No actually I just hoped he'd share some info
info is only shared w/ TOSharpie via PM

SABuffalo786
01-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Things have finally seemed to calm down after the firestorm of the past week.

Calm before the storm? A resolution tomorrow would be awesome.

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 10:50 PM
You took one of my last post's - a simple personal thought which was of no significant news at all - and turned it in to an entire freakin' thread over at BBMB. You even put it in the "rumors" section. I did not state any kind of rumor in any way possible in that post!

Now, as usual, the sharks are out and asking for blood.

Why would I post anything at all now, knowing all my personal little thoughts are going to be scrutinized on the Buffalo Bills main message board, simply because one person just HAS to give them every single breath of information that comes from someone else?

You made my post sound like it was cryptic for me knowing something and not willing to reveal it. You even titled it "Coach Sal." That is not at all true! I stated that I do not want to post things I've been told unless I am totally confident they are reliable. You have no idea how many people I've been in contact with who claim they "know something." Some do and some don't. Hell, just read around this place and you know what I mean. So, that's for me to figure out, which I can do.

But I sure as Hell am not going to put my reputation on the line by posting "rumors" I hear. That's what I meant by "there's way too much at stake."

By you starting threads with my name in it and putting in just a few lines of a simple post I made here, it makes it look like I'm stating something big.....or want to get my name out there just to get my name out there. And some people already think I'm trying to do that, despite the fact that I was proven right in my initial story by Ralph Wilson himself tonight.

I have no interest in people thinking that is my agenda - because it's not! That's why I wrote in that post "I'd rather lose the breaking story than post something inaccurate."

Here's my advise to you:

1. If you want to be a part of this board, be a part of the board and have discussions with the people here. But don't take everything you read away from here and turn it into something else over there. People post here because they want to post here. If they wanted to post their thoughts somewhere else, they'd do it.

2. If you - or anyone at BBMB or anywhere else for that matter - want to know my thoughts and/or hear anything new I have, all you have to do is go to my twitter or facebook pages. They are a lot easier for me to update.

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SalSports/140308987112?ref=ts

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SalSports

Believe me......if I have ANYTHING substantial that I 100% believe to be accurate, I will post it. It will be on FB, twitter, HERE, and the Range (where I also post). From there, it will be undeniable that it is for everyone to know I believe it is big news. Then you can do what you want with it.

Sure, you CAN start threads with my name and repeat my posts......but my point is by doing so you are falsely portraying me as having stated some kind of important info that I did not do! And I'm specifically trying to avoid doing that right now because the feeding frenzy is just too ridiculous.

I'm sure you mean well and have no ill-intentions. But please try to understand where I'm coming from. I was first to report the talks. Most people know that and now want to jump to big conclusions based on any little thing I say. So, I have to be extremely careful as to what I post and where I do it. My post here was just a simple thought stating this very thing.

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Well put, Sal. Well put.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 11:02 PM
You took one of my last post's - a simple personal thought which was of no significant news at all - and turned it in to an entire freakin' thread over at BBMB. You even put it in the "rumors" section. I did not state any kind of rumor in any way possible in that post!

Now, as usual, the sharks are out and asking for blood.

Why would I post anything at all now, knowing all my personal little thoughts are going to be scrutinized on the Buffalo Bills main message board, simply because one person just HAS to give them every single breath of information that comes from someone else?

You made my post sound like it was cryptic for me knowing something and not willing to reveal it. You even titled it "Coach Sal." That is not at all true! I stated that I do not want to post things I've been told unless I am totally confident they are reliable. You have no idea how many people I've been in contact with who claim they "know something." Some do and some don't. Hell, just read around this place and you know what I mean. So, that's for me to figure out, which I can do.

But I sure as Hell am not going to put my reputation on the line by posting "rumors" I hear. That's what I meant by "there's way too much at stake."

By you starting threads with my name in it and putting in just a few lines of a simple post I made here, it makes it look like I'm stating something big.....or want to get my name out there just to get my name out there. And some people already think I'm trying to do that, despite the fact that I was proven right in my initial story by Ralph Wilson himself tonight.

I have no interest in people thinking that is my agenda - because it's not! That's why I wrote in that post "I'd rather lose the breaking story than post something inaccurate."

Here's my advise to you:

1. If you want to be a part of this board, be a part of the board and have discussions with the people here. But don't take everything you read away from here and turn it into something else over there. People post here because they want to post here. If they wanted to post their thoughts somewhere else, they'd do it.

2. If you - or anyone at BBMB or anywhere else for that matter - want to know my thoughts and/or hear anything new I have, all you have to do is go to my twitter or facebook pages. They are a lot easier for me to update.

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SalSports/140308987112?ref=ts

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/SalSports

Believe me......if I have ANYTHING substantial that I 100% believe to be accurate, I will post it. It will be on FB, twitter, HERE, and the Range (where I also post). From there, it will be undeniable that it is for everyone to know I believe it is big news. Then you can do what you want with it.

Sure, you CAN start threads with my name and repeat my posts......but my point is by doing so you are falsely portraying me as having stated some kind of important info that I did not do! And I'm specifically trying to avoid doing that right now because the feeding frenzy is just too ridiculous.

I'm sure you mean well and have no ill-intentions. But please try to understand where I'm coming from. I was first to report the talks. Most people know that and now want to jump to big conclusions based on any little thing I say. So, I have to be extremely careful as to what I post and where I do it. My post here was just a simple thought stating this very thing.

Yea I am just trying to get information to as many people as possible. I only posted what you stated in 1 of your posts, I didn't post what you asked not to. But thanks for the explanation...I understand your side though

Demon
01-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Can we please trade TOSharpie8 back to BBMB?

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Can we please trade TOSharpie8 back to BBMB?

I am really tired of trying to help fellow Bills fans and having them take a dump on me

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry of my above post sounded harsh.

I just expect people to use common sense and understand the difference between:
A) actual news someone says they have....especially people who have been reliable;
B) rumors
C) simple posts intended for conversation purposes.

We (collectively) have thrown all that out the window the past 48 hours.

Sure, it can be fun and exhilarating to read through everything, but it also becomes exhausting and dangerous (as far as our names and credibility) to some of us who have put ourselves out there.

You may not agree with that. But I am asking that you understand that,

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 11:09 PM
I am really tired of trying to help fellow Bills fans and having them take a dump on me

I know. And I'm sure you are helping many people and have great intentions.

It's an exciting time.

But you'll help yourself a lot if you can take a step back and use some rationalization before posting every single thing you read everywhere.

I guarantee you won't get "dumped on" nearly as much with that approach.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm sorry of my above post sounded harsh.

I just expect people to use common sense and understand the difference between:
A) actual news someone says they have....especially people who have been reliable;
B) rumors
C) simple posts intended for conversation purposes.

We (collectively) have thrown all that out the window the past 48 hours.

Sure, it can be fun and exhilarating to read through everything, but it also becomes exhausting and dangerous (as far as our names and credibility) to some of us who have put ourselves out there.

You may not agree with that. But I am asking that you understand that,

No worries, I do understand where you are coming from and I'd do the same thing if I was in your position....

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I know. And I'm sure you are helping many people and have great intentions.

It's an exciting time.

But you'll help yourself a lot if you can take a step back and use some rationalization before posting every single thing you read everywhere.

I guarantee you won't get "dumped on" nearly as much with that approach.

pretty good point.

BILLSROCK1212
01-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Lets hope for a GREAT weekend!! T.O. if you want to say anything I'll give you a few minutes to P.M. me. Sal thanks as always (I think I say that too much) for all of your great work and I wish you all the luck in the world this weekend. Myself and the rest of the Zone have your back.

BillsWin
01-08-2010, 11:16 PM
This is why I keep my position, location, place of work, and name out of the message boards. Some people know what I do, but I don't generally release the whole story.

I don't want this following me home, or to my work place, possibly effecting me moving up in the employment world.

Coach Sal and Pat Moran do not have the luxury of being anonymous. They put themselves out there and place all their information and reputation on their websites and these boards.

People miss-quoting them or completely construing their words comes back on them directly.

So cut them slack, and respect their wishes.

Bills fans are lucky to have people like Pat and Sal working for them.

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 11:17 PM
This is why I keep my position, location, place of work, and name out of the message boards. Some people know what I do, but I don't generally release the whole story.

I don't want this following me home, or to my work place, possibly effecting me moving up in the employment world.

Coach Sal and Pat Moran do not have the luxury of being anonymous. They put themselves out there and place all their information and reputation on their websites and these boards.

People miss-quoting them or completely construing their words comes back on them directly.

Bills fans are lucky to have people like Pat and Sal working for them.

That is a great way to put it.

Thanks.

buffalochip92
01-08-2010, 11:17 PM
hey dude its IRHS from BBMB, weve talked, and i believe you, and sal. you guys need to work together towards one common goal. sal, i read his article on BBMB, and he just posted what you said. I have done the same thing over there, and we dont mean any harm by it, we are all just trying to get the info out.

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
hey dude its IRHS from BBMB, weve talked, and i believe you, and sal. you guys need to work together towards one common goal. sal, i read his article on BBMB, and he just posted what you said. I have done the same thing over there, and we dont mean any harm by it, we are all just trying to get the info out.

No prob.

But that wasn't "info."

And if there is any, I promise you I will give it to you and you will know the difference.

BILLSROCK1212
01-08-2010, 11:19 PM

Bills fans are lucky to have people like Pat and Sal working for them.good stuff BillsWin...GO BILLS!!

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
No prob.

But that wasn't "info."

And if there is any, I promise you I will give it to you and you will know the difference.

HAHA! Now I'm sure you didn't intend it, and perhaps it's the 3rd glass of wine. . .

But, damn, that sure came off like the old, "If I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you." line. heh.

Sorry, man. You truly are one of the high class posters around here. That gave me a good chuckle. . .

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Sal,

Keep doin' what yer doin'. We appreciate it.

And everyone, remember: We are all on the same team, and we all want to see the same thing to happen. Let's work together. Not directed at anyone specific, but everyone as a whole.

Jon

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 11:37 PM
HAHA! Now I'm sure you didn't intend it, and perhaps it's the 3rd glass of wine. . .

But, damn, that sure came off like the old, "If I wanted your opinion, I'd give it to you." line. heh.

Sorry, man. You truly are one of the high class posters around here. That gave me a good chuckle. . .

No, I didn't intend it that way.

Just trying to say I promise if there's anything I have I will report it here and elsewhere.

But on a side note.......what kind of wine?

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 11:40 PM

Just trying to say I promise if there's anything I have I will report it here and elsewhere.

I'm going with a Caymus cabernet. (I wish)

drmoyer421
01-08-2010, 11:45 PM
TOSharpie is just way over excited over any little news, even if it isnt. He apparently even called the Bills Office because someone on BBMB noted a rumor of an apparent press conference that was supposed to occur today. They told him that they didnt know what he was talking about.

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 11:46 PM

Something we just discovered. The grape is Malbec. The source is Silvertop from Argentina (2008). It has a bite, but it does not linger. Kind of like a Cab without the after- taste. Very nice. Shocking for the $9 price.

buffalochip92
01-08-2010, 11:46 PM
yea moyer, we had a really good rumor last night, very detailed that turned out to be false. the guy left the bbmb, and hasnt returned

Coach Sal
01-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm going with a Caymus cabernet. (I wish)

I'm a cabernet man myself. A good merlot os cool, too.

I'm Italian, so naturally, I'm a red wine guy. I can't stand white wine.

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 11:48 PM

Sal,

Let's start a wine thread! We can put wine rumors in there...

I'm from Philly originally, but now live out in California, so I've been to the wine country quite a few times. The Francis Ford Coppola winery is very cool, and the wine is really good!

I'm a red guy myself also. Cabernet and merlot.

Jon

buffalochip92
01-08-2010, 11:49 PM
breaking news: cowher was just spotted drinking pinot noir.

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 11:50 PM

I've had to lay off the Cab's lately in favor of Merlot and other "milder" wines. The years of eating at the likes of Duffs has left me with some rude reflux.

This Malbec has been a very nice find.

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 11:51 PM
breaking news: cowher was just spotted drinking pinot noir.

LOL

Mudflap1
01-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I've had to lay off the Cab's lately in favor of Merlot and other "milder" wines. The years of eating at the likes of Duffs has left me with some rude reflux.

This Malbec has been a very nice find.

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried Zinfandel, or maybe Shiraz?

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 11:55 PM

My great-grandfather had the whole setup in the basement. Unfortunately, I was too young to partake when he was still capable. No one in the family remembers how to do it right. Alas, I'm left hunting in the local package store isles. . .

Used to make the dried sausage, too. Oh, man. I guarantee you we could lure Cowher to Buffalo with that stuff. . .

Throne Logic
01-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried Zinfandel, or maybe Shiraz?

Shiraz are OK. I'm not sure if it's due to the grape or if it's just me, but I have found the Shiraz to be very inconsistent. Zin's tend to be sweat - but that works on rare occasion, too. My wife is much more picky. Nothing remotely sweat. So we tend to look toward Merlot or Merlot mixes.

WagonCircler
01-08-2010, 11:59 PM

White wine is the most God-awful liquid on Earth. Dry, sweet, they all suck.

Red wine rules. I'd rather drink bad red wine than the best white wine.

Mudflap1
01-09-2010, 12:03 AM
What steak/wine pairings do you all prefer? Cabernet and bone in ribeye is pretty much perfection if you ask me... Morton's Steakhouse, Fleming's, or Mastro's, yes please!

Throne Logic
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
White wine is the most God-awful liquid on Earth. Dry, sweet, they all suck.

Red wine rules. I'd rather drink bad red wine than the best white wine.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I definitely prefer reds. Although, I have to say that I had some fresh from the barrel whites when I was in Italy. Wow. If I had every day access to some of that stuff, I'd put up an argument. But nothing I've come across in the states comes close to that.

WagonCircler
01-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't go quite that far, but I definitely prefer reds. Although, I have to say that I had some fresh from the barrel whites when I was in Italy. Wow. If I had every day access to some of that stuff, I'd put up an argument. But nothing I've come across in the states comes close to that.

I'm not known for my subtlety when making a point. :D

Mudflap1
01-09-2010, 12:09 AM
My brother in law has pretty good taste and he brings over some nice shiraz on holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's from Australia. Pretty good stuff!