PDA

View Full Version : The myth that is Michael Vick

kernowboy
02-01-2010, 06:19 AM
For all the fans calling for Michael Vick and talking that some how if we'd give up valuable draft picks that we'd at least make the Championship game, then a little cold war needs to be poured on this assumption.

Vick is an extremely average QB. Whilst his win-loss record in Atlanta superfically appears impressive, a closer investigation demonstrates it is actually very average.

1) In most seasons he barely threw more TDs than INTs in Atlanta and since coming out of jail has thrown for a total of 86yds so it will be over 4 years he's regularly started. He has only once thrown for 2,500yds+ once and that was 8 years ago.

this is a fact.

JP Losman has thrown further in one season than Vick has at any point in his career.

Trent Edwards has thrown for further in 2008 when he only played 14games than Vick has ever thrown since 2002 and would probably have beaten Vick's totals if he had played those extra 2 games.

2) Whilst he was at Atlanta, they also had the Thunder and Lightning duo of Dunn and Duckett. In 3 of 4 seasons at Atlanta with Vick, Dunn ran over 1,000yds and this was complemented by Duckett. Most of Atlanta's gains can be attributed to non-Vick reasons - they had fantastic running backs.

3) Roddy White became a top receiver only after Vick was jailed showing how poor Vick is at connecting with his WR. Hell, White gained over 1,000yds with Redman/Harrington under center which tells you all you need to know about Vick's lack of passing ability. His sole skill is to the dunk the ball off to the TE and it has to be asked if we have a TE of Crumpler's ability in his prime

4) Vick had an elite pass protecting RT in Todd Weiner protecting his blindside - he'll not find that in Buffalo even if Butler is fit.

Forgetting the disgrace of a human being that Vick is for a moment, it seems that fans are measuring Vick on his past endeavours than the current reality.

Much as fans wanted Marty as head coach, the 'Joe Gibbs return' must weigh on people's minds. When you are away from the game, how much has the game moved on to the point where what you previously offered can now be easily neutralised?

Vick offers nothing apart from a totally unwelcome distraction. He is a 'me first guy' who will do nothing to aid the development of our young WRs, will not best use Evans and not bring any sort of offensive improvement as teams will simply stack up against us v the run and dare us to beat them in the air.

And one final thing on Vick. When The Falcons tried to reclaim the signing bonus from Vick asking for $20m of the original $37m, the outcome was this.

The arbitrator agreed with the Falcons' contentions that Vick knew he was engaging in illegal activity when he signed his new contract in 2004, and that he had used the bonus money to pay for the operation.

Even the less than envied Arthur Blank didn't stoop so low as to accept Vick back onto his team

Joe Fo Sho
02-01-2010, 06:47 AM
He'll be more exciting than Edwards/Fitzpatrick. That's really all I care about. This was the most boring season I've ever watched. It made me miss Losman...

Thief
02-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I don't understand how any of that makes his win/loss record less impressive.

Bone
02-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Mike Vick makes plays, something the Bills don't do.

X-Era
02-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Kernow,

I cant go along with starting some never has been at Qb next year, a rookie LT, and waiting until next years draft to get our QB.

It took Jason Peters how many years to become good? But a rookie will be different?

Next year we have no idea who will be picking where, and could be i the same boat where there snit any better option that the options we have right now.

And why forfeit the next few years on a QB who hasn't done anything?

tampabay25690
02-01-2010, 07:45 AM
For all the fans calling for Michael Vick and talking that some how if we'd give up valuable draft picks that we'd at least make the Championship game, then a little cold war needs to be poured on this assumption.

Vick is an extremely average QB. Whilst his win-loss record in Atlanta superfically appears impressive, a closer investigation demonstrates it is actually very average.

1) In most seasons he barely threw more TDs than INTs in Atlanta and since coming out of jail has thrown for a total of 86yds so it will be over 4 years he's regularly started. He has only once thrown for 2,500yds+ once and that was 8 years ago.

this is a fact.

JP Losman has thrown further in one season than Vick has at any point in his career.

Trent Edwards has thrown for further in 2008 when he only played 14games than Vick has ever thrown since 2002 and would probably have beaten Vick's totals if he had played those extra 2 games.

2) Whilst he was at Atlanta, they also had the Thunder and Lightning duo of Dunn and Duckett. In 3 of 4 seasons at Atlanta with Vick, Dunn ran over 1,000yds and this was complemented by Duckett. Most of Atlanta's gains can be attributed to non-Vick reasons - they had fantastic running backs.

3) Roddy White became a top receiver only after Vick was jailed showing how poor Vick is at connecting with his WR. Hell, White gained over 1,000yds with Redman/Harrington under center which tells you all you need to know about Vick's lack of passing ability. His sole skill is to the dunk the ball off to the TE and it has to be asked if we have a TE of Crumpler's ability in his prime

4) Vick had an elite pass protecting RT in Todd Weiner protecting his blindside - he'll not find that in Buffalo even if Butler is fit.

Forgetting the disgrace of a human being that Vick is for a moment, it seems that fans are measuring Vick on his past endeavours than the current reality.

Much as fans wanted Marty as head coach, the 'Joe Gibbs return' must weigh on people's minds. When you are away from the game, how much has the game moved on to the point where what you previously offered can now be easily neutralised?

Vick offers nothing apart from a totally unwelcome distraction. He is a 'me first guy' who will do nothing to aid the development of our young WRs, will not best use Evans and not bring any sort of offensive improvement as teams will simply stack up against us v the run and dare us to beat them in the air.

And one final thing on Vick. When The Falcons tried to reclaim the signing bonus from Vick asking for $20m of the original $37m, the outcome was this.

The arbitrator agreed with the Falcons' contentions that Vick knew he was engaging in illegal activity when he signed his new contract in 2004, and that he had used the bonus money to pay for the operation.

Even the less than envied Arthur Blank didn't stoop so low as to accept Vick back onto his team

WOW all this writing...
I would be happy to have VICK in Buffalo.
Would be the best QB we had in 10 years

Raptor
02-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Extremely average sadly would be a massive upgrade to the QB's we have now

this is a fact.

DrGraves
02-01-2010, 08:14 AM
vick gives us a chance. hell yes.

OpIv37
02-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't understand how any of that makes his win/loss record less impressive.
It's not HIS win-loss record. It's the team's win-loss record, and that team had components that Buffalo doesn't have at the moment. There is no legitimate reason to think that Vick can repeat those results on a lesser team when he's 4 years older and has been away from the game for 3 of those years.

Lone Stranger
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
I am in complete agreement with Kernowboy. I believe that we should give Gailey the opportunity to evaluate our current Qbacks. If they do not meet with his approval then either draft Clausen or wait for next year when there is supposed to be a better group of Qbacks.

There are plenty of other areas we need to upgrade currently and should concentrate on them.

kernowboy
02-01-2010, 08:56 AM
The delusion that Vick can bring a winning season and the playoffs is precisely that - a delusion.

Since the 2006 season he has thrown for 86yds. That's it. He didn't even play in 2007 and 2008 season.

What evidence can Vick supporters provide that he can bring us far superior play at QB? None, because there is none.

Even if he plays better than anyone expects, all this will do is deprive us of the opportunity, if we don't draft a QB this year, to draft a QB of the future next year - a guy who can not only take us to the playoffs but keep us there, year in and year out.

For footballing reasons as well as character reasons bringing in Michael Vick will be the worst decision this franchise has made since getting rid of Bill Polian

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
So we can't draft a QB but you don't want us to bring anyone in either???

I don't disagree that Vick probably won't pan out but he has more of a chance than anyone we currently have. He is mobile and behind a crap line that should help.

EDS
02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Vick's value as a QB cannot be judged without looking at his running ability. Problem is, he is older now and looks heavier then he was in his haydays in Atlanta. Add those factors with the rust of being away from the game for so long, plus the confidence/mental issues associated with what he has gone through, add up to some BIG questions as to whether he could return to the level he formerly played at.

Even if he could return to that level, is it good enough? I for one, don't believe he can return to his former level of play, so it would make no sense to bring him in to QB in Buffalo.

Philagape
02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Vick's value as a QB cannot be judged without looking at his running ability. Problem is, he is older now and looks heavier then he was in his haydays in Atlanta. Add those factors with the rust of being away from the game for so long, plus the confidence/mental issues associated with what he has gone through, add up to some BIG questions as to whether he could return to the level he formerly played at.

Even if he could return to that level, is it good enough? I for one, don't believe he can return to his former level of play, so it would make no sense to bring him in to QB in Buffalo.

Yup. If he can't run like he did, he's useless.

Philagape
02-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Mike Vick made plays, something the Bills don't do.

Fixed.

Has been. I don't care what he did years ago.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:09 AM

What is a 6th round pick? NOTHING when you could use it for a guy that could has a chance to start at QB for your team.

I view him as a competent stop gap. I would still advocate drafting a QB this or next year high, and continuing to progress Brohm.

Jan Reimers
02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Kernowboy's assessment of Vick is the best I've seen on this board. Contrary to what many believe, Vick was surrounded by very good talent at Atlanta, much of which was vastly underutilized by his shortcomings at QB.

Dunn and Duckett formed one of the best RB duos in the league, and he had a couple of other good WRs, in addition to the almost invisible Roddy White. Crumpler was a great dump off guy, the O-line was decent, and Dan Reeves was a fine coach.

If anything, a competent NFL QB - one who could read defenses and throw accurately - would probably have led the Falcons to a better record. And does anyone think he is even going to be a shell of his once mediocre self, after the last 3 years?

OpIv37
02-01-2010, 09:12 AM
So we can't draft a QB but you don't want us to bring anyone in either???

I don't disagree that Vick probably won't pan out but he has more of a chance than anyone we currently have. He is mobile and behind a crap line that should help.
It's not that we don't want to draft one or bring one in- it's just that the current options aren't very good. The fact that the Bills need a qb does not automatically make one available.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Dunn and Duckett formed one of the best RB duos in the league, and he had a couple of other good WRs, in addition to the almost invisible Roddy White. Crumpler was a great dump off guy, the O-line was decent, and Dan Reeves was a fine coach.

I don't necessarily agree with this part. Dunn was surely good but aging and Duckett has always sucked balls. Roddy White had not blossomed at all yet during Vick's tenure. All he had to throw to was Crumpler.

I don't see why people wouldnt want to bring in Vick for a cheap contract and a very low pick. What is there to lose?

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
It's not that we don't want to draft one or bring one in- it's just that the current options aren't very good. The fact that the Bills need a qb does not automatically make one available.
Vick regardless of what you think of him is available for cheap, What is there to lose? What is your plan at QB? Edwards is done here, as the previous staff ruined him. Fitz is what he is. Brohm did not look nearly ready.

Why not take a shot that Gailey could mold an offense around him?

ChanGailey
02-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Mike Vick makes plays, something the Bills don't do.

Did you not get the "Past tense" status of Vick's "making plays"

4 years ago pal.

ddaryl
02-01-2010, 09:27 AM
We're talking Ron muther****ing Mexico here.

Beyond dog fighting he has willing spread genital herpes to others so he can pleasure himslf. He also owned a registered truck that was confiscated with marijuana, and the vehicle drivers were arrested for distribution.

He has finaced and organized a dog fighting organization for self entertainment and further profit. We're talking about a guy who had made millions as a pro athlete looking to make more money by willingly training torturing and killing one of the greatest gifts to mankind... dogs

how anyone can push that aside all of this just to win a few football games is just mind boggling dispicable... The guy has a clear pattern of doing horrible things.

how does winning a few games make all of that worthy of ignoring ?

justasportsfan
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I'd rather take Troy Smith over Vick

OpIv37
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Vick regardless of what you think of him is available for cheap, What is there to lose? What is your plan at QB? Edwards is done here, as the previous staff ruined him. Fitz is what he is. Brohm did not look nearly ready.

Why not take a shot that Gailey could mold an offense around him?
Why spend any resources at all on a qb who is not the answer?

Face it- 2010 is shot. This is a three year project. Fix the OL, get a WR, and fill some of the holes on d. Worry about qb next year. I agree with your assessment of Edwards and Brohm, but I still think that duo is the best of a bunch of bad options.

kernowboy
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM

Face it- 2010 is shot. This is a three year project. Fix the OL, get a WR, and fill some of the holes on d. Worry about qb next year. I agree with your assessment of Edwards and Brohm, but I still think that duo is the best of a bunch of bad options.

and next year we may have a look at Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Pat Devlin or best of Andrew Luck and be able to start them as rookie behind a gelling OL

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:51 AM

I don't think a 6th is wasting much in regards to resources but I do see what you are saying. I am not all about Vick but I wouldn't mind if he were brought in to see if he has anything left.

I think I am on a different side of the fence then most in regards to how I viewed his play prior to his incarceration. I felt he was a very good player.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
and next year we may have a look at Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Pat Devlin or best of Andrew Luck and be able to start them as rookie behind a gelling OL
And hoping any of these guys progressed at all next year in college because at this point in time none of them project to be good NFL prospects.

kernowboy
02-01-2010, 10:07 AM
And hoping any of these guys progressed at all next year in college because at this point in time none of them project to be good NFL prospects.

... including Andrew Luck who the vast majority of observers are saying, based on his freshman performance, is the best prospect out of college since Peyton Manning?

Thief
02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
It's not HIS win-loss record. It's the team's win-loss record, and that team had components that Buffalo doesn't have at the moment. There is no legitimate reason to think that Vick can repeat those results on a lesser team when he's 4 years older and has been away from the game for 3 of those years.I am not the one who called it "his", I simply responded.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
... including Andrew Luck who the vast majority of observers are saying, based on his freshman performance, is the best prospect out of college since Peyton Manning?
Really I haven't heard that type of praise for him.

DrGraves
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Vick is automatically better than any rookie or FA you bring in. Upgrade!

This allows us to fill an important O/D line void or LB with the first pick.
Upgrade!

This also allows us to spend some money in FA because we didn't need to for these spots!
Makes us better!

All the people that won't support the team if vick comes in won't buy tickets (the same people that cry about people standing at the game -STAY AT HOME ON THE COUCH THEN)
The stadium becomes louder and scarier! Upgrade!

WeAreArthurMoates
02-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll tell you this much, Vick would actually give DC's something to worry about. Something they haven't had to do in atleast 5 years.

ChanGailey
02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Vick is automatically better than any rookie or FA you bring in. Upgrade!

This allows us to fill an important O/D line void or LB with the first pick.
Upgrade!

This also allows us to spend some money in FA because we didn't need to for these spots!
Makes us better!

All the people that won't support the team if vick comes in won't buy tickets (the same people that cry about people standing at the game -STAY AT HOME ON THE COUCH THEN)
The stadium becomes louder and scarier! Upgrade!
Dude, how can you say Vick is better than any free agent you can get?

He's produced 200 yards in the last 3 years. His highest QB rating for a season was 81. That is below average pal. He's a lifetime 75 qb rating. That is in the department of Jay Fiedler, and Erik Kramer. And if your wondering, Neil Odonnell's career rating was 81 and Dave Craig had an 81 as well.

Ok, so he used to be able to run. He missed several games this year with injury, and as I've stated time and time again, he's missed 33% of his football career due to injury and criminal activity.

So yes, if you consider a 75 rated passer, 4 years past his prime, over 30, who misses 33% of his playing opportunity due to bad reasons (1 season injury, 2 seasons crime) then he would be an upgrade.

But nobody would want that.

Also, given his track record, I'd be willing to bet he'll be in trouble again by September. He's a scumbag through and through and, like his crappy brother, will be in trouble again.

Your f'n high if you think this is a viable option. Kyle Orton would do more to help this team win.

THATHURMANATOR
02-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Dude, how can you say Vick is better than any free agent you can get?

He's produced 200 yards in the last 3 years. His highest QB rating for a season was 81. That is below average pal. He's a lifetime 75 qb rating. That is in the department of Jay Fiedler, and Erik Kramer. And if your wondering, Neil Odonnell's career rating was 81 and Dave Craig had an 81 as well.

Ok, so he used to be able to run. He missed several games this year with injury, and as I've stated time and time again, he's missed 33% of his football career due to injury and criminal activity.

So yes, if you consider a 75 rated passer, 4 years past his prime, over 30, who misses 33% of his playing opportunity due to bad reasons (1 season injury, 2 seasons crime) then he would be an upgrade.

But nobody would want that.

Also, given his track record, I'd be willing to bet he'll be in trouble again by September. He's a scumbag through and through and, like his crappy brother, will be in trouble again.

Your f'n high if you think this is a viable option. Kyle Orton would do more to help this team win.
We are the high ones then you mention Orton.... LOL
For one there is 0 chance he hits the market, secondly if by a miracle he does he will be by far the best QB out there. KYLE ORTON? We shell out huge dollars for KYLE ORTON? That is scary.

baalworship
02-01-2010, 09:27 PM

this is a fact.

So you aren't a Vick fan?!

No one has ever said Vick is a good passing quarterback. So if we get him he doesn't need to have a high completion percentage like Edwards or Losman. The difference is something you skip over. Touchdowns! Vick would get his team in the endzone.

What you have to judge Vick on is who would you have start in 2010 instead? I see you talking about the 2011 draft. That player you want two drafts from now can not start this year. So please bring forward your choice for QB next year.

Finally, I am not an advocate of Vick. I would prefer moving up to get Bradford or Clausen. But Vick > Edwards, Fitz, Brohm. And he would come cheap. The last time we had a QB with marginal passing skills and mobility we did ok.

I do think it would be hilarious if we got him. Maybe then those who expect professional football players to be role models would finally just give up and realize that sports should be watched for entertainment. Also the Marshawn haters would have a new villain.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
the thread starter fails to realize that when your qb is quick as barry sanders and has 4.2 speed that makes up for avg throwing. buffalo would be a nightmare to deal with having vick, jackson and lynch along with evans and owens deep. im all for brining in vick and then having vick tutor jarrett brown from west va

Philagape
02-01-2010, 10:55 PM
What on earth could Vick teach a young QB?

"Run as fast as I used to run" ??

BillsWin
02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Vick is an athlete the scouts stuck behind center. It was so intriguing and different that certain sections of the NFL fanbase fell in love with it.

Rather than see the truth, which is in fact that Vick is nothing more than a glorified wildcat QB with even worse accuracy than the QB's that are currently on the Bills' roster.

Honestly, the guy is trash as an NFL QB and trash as a person.

So why bring in the garbage when we should be taking it out?

BuffaloBlitz83
02-02-2010, 12:01 AM
How can you compare him to Manning's college career this early in his college career. He was a freshman.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2010, 12:02 AM
bills win u fail to realize we have no other option. if clausen and bradford are gone then who is our qb. and we are most likely going LT with 9 so who else is out there? vick is already better than anything we have had in a long time.

BillsWin
02-02-2010, 12:19 AM
bills win u fail to realize we have no other option. if clausen and bradford are gone then who is our qb. and we are most likely going LT with 9 so who else is out there? vick is already better than anything we have had in a long time.

If we are truly rebuilding, and "our guy" isn't there at 9. I see no reason not to go LT in round one. Re-tool our defense and wide receiving corps and start Brohm or Edwards next season.

Then, we would have our lines situated, our defense stocked and the knowledge of what we have in Brohm.

It gives us room to move up in the draft next season and pick "our guy" next year.

I don't see how signing Vick helps the Bills unless we are certain to draft a top QB this year and need a vet to start in front of him for one season.

Even still, Vick wouldnt want a one year contact, so why would he come here any ways?

Syderick
02-02-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't know. He's a good athlete but he's got alot of baggage. If he's only worth low round pick, he's atleast someone to consider.

kernowboy
02-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Really I haven't heard that type of praise for him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/293593-is-andrew-luck-the-most-sure-thing-nfl-qb-prospect-since-peyton-manning

justasportsfan
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
there's no proof that Vick is even a better passer than Fitz and I think Fitz is nothing more than a back up.

Vick is nothing more than a situational qb. If we are running a wildcat every now and then then maybe it'll work. But Vick himself doesn't want to be a situational qb, he thinks he's a starter.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Sometimes I wonder if any of you even watch other teams or players play.

To say Fitz may be a better passer then VICK??? OMG
Fitz is a good backup QB in this league Trent is a #2 QB in this league.

MIKE VICK was a PRO BOWL QB in this league.
Why not take a chance.

Anyone can say what they want and I know this site is about 50/50 on him but the guy makes plays.

I need to ask 1 question to the non believers:::
DO YOU WANT TO SEE THIS TEAM WIN?

I know I do and I willing to see what VICK has if he comes to the Bills...

justasportsfan
02-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Why not take a chance.

He was. He wasn't last year.

yes I do. Is Vick the answer? He wasn't for the Falcons and he won't be the answer for the bills. This glorified rb, wants to be no.1 . If he isn't made a no.1, he'll be a cancer.

I see Vick as nothing but a stop gap. I'd rather take my chances with Jeff Garcia as a stop gap than Vick.

Philagape
02-02-2010, 10:06 AM

If Vick can't run like he did, then yeah, he's not much more than Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Fitz averaged more yards per run this year than Vick did. And he's a more accurate passer and always has been.

The ONLY thing that made Vick so dangerous is diminishing every year. He is not the same player that he was in Atlanta. Those days are gone.

EDS
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Sometimes I wonder if any of you even watch other teams or players play.

Why not take a chance.

Anyone can say what they want and I know this site is about 50/50 on him but the guy makes plays.

I need to ask 1 question to the non believers:::

I know I do and I willing to see what VICK has if he comes to the Bills...

Derek Anderson was a PRO BOWL QB in this league (more recently than Vick). Do you want him?

Throne Logic
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Extremely average sadly would be a massive upgrade to the QB's we have now

A starving man may crave the quick sugar fix of a candy bar. That does not make it a healthy choice. He will also learn that the immediate satisfaction is short-lived as he will find himself just as hungry an hour later.

THATHURMANATOR
02-02-2010, 11:16 AM

this is a fact.

6th rounder is very Valuable as a Pick? WTF are you talking about? I hope we wouldn't miss out on another Cary Harris.... :ill:

baalworship
02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
If we are truly rebuilding, and "our guy" isn't there at 9. I see no reason not to go LT in round one. Re-tool our defense and wide receiving corps and start Brohm or Edwards next season.

Then, we would have our lines situated, our defense stocked and the knowledge of what we have in Brohm.

It gives us room to move up in the draft next season and pick "our guy" next year.

I don't see how signing Vick helps the Bills unless we are certain to draft a top QB this year and need a vet to start in front of him for one season.

Even still, Vick wouldnt want a one year contact, so why would he come here any ways?

You lost me at start Edwards...

kernowboy
02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
6th rounder is very Valuable as a Pick? WTF are you talking about? I hope we wouldn't miss out on another Cary Harris.... :ill:

or Tom Brady or Marques Colston or

THATHURMANATOR
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
or Tom Brady or Marques Colston or
Yeah the .01% of good players drafted that low.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
He was. He wasn't last year.
yes I do. Is Vick the answer? He wasn't for the Falcons and he won't be the answer for the bills. This glorified rb, wants to be no.1 . If he isn't made a no.1, he'll be a cancer.

I see Vick as nothing but a stop gap. I'd rather take my chances with Jeff Garcia as a stop gap than Vick.

He didn't win in ATLANTA....
Who said make the pro bowl last year anyway...
The guy made a huge mistake that was probably going on way before his PRO BOWL years.....
You need to get over the fact that he and his possy killed dogs.....
If he comes to B-LO it will be for the #1 QB job by the way...Jeff Garcia maybe 2 years ago but Vick all day...

So if Vick plays for the Bills next year will you root for the Bills?

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
If Vick can't run like he did, then yeah, he's not much more than Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Fitz averaged more yards per run this year than Vick did. And he's a more accurate passer and always has been.

The ONLY thing that made Vick so dangerous is diminishing every year. He is not the same player that he was in Atlanta. Those days are gone.

PHIL we have no idea to be honest.
He was never used last year.
A whole offseason with a team as the starter he may be as good as he was....
We will never know from watching last year...

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Derek Anderson was a PRO BOWL QB in this league (more recently than Vick). Do you want him?

We arent comparing Derek Anderson to Mike Vick..
Never saw it in 1 thread...

Philagape
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
PHIL we have no idea to be honest.
He was never used last year.
A whole offseason with a team as the starter he may be as good as he was....
We will never know from watching last year...

We know he's going to turn 30 before the season, and nobody at that age is gonna be as fast as they were in their mid-20s.
That's all that made him dangerous. Nothing else. And that's going away if not gone already, never to return.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:09 PM
We know he's going to turn 30 before the season, and nobody at that age is gonna be as fast as they were in their mid-20s.
That's all that made him dangerous. Nothing else. And that's going away if not gone already, never to return.

The guy has something to prove..
I always want a guy that is in a scenario like that and usually its in the teams favor.......

Just think it will be best option for a few years and still draft a QB mid rounds....

Philagape
02-02-2010, 05:12 PM
The guy has something to prove..
I always want a guy that is in a scenario like that and usually its in the teams favor.......

Just think it will be best option for a few years and still draft a QB mid rounds....

The only thing proven is that bodies get slower as they age, and if Vick can't run like a freak, he's not an NFL starter, because he sure as hell can't pass.

Mr. Pink
02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Here is how much Michael Vick meant to the Falcons when he was there...

When Vick was the starting QB 38-28-1 2 playoff appearances.

When Vick was not the starter 8-20 no playoff appearances when he didn't start the majority of the season.

If you think that Michael Vick had nothing to do with the Falcons winning football games you're either a. ill informed, b. ignorant, or c. your blind hatred for the guy doesn't allow you to see the truth.

tampabay25690
02-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Here is how much Michael Vick meant to the Falcons when he was there...

When Vick was the starting QB 38-28-1 2 playoff appearances.

When Vick was not the starter 8-20 no playoff appearances when he didn't start the majority of the season.

If you think that Michael Vick had nothing to do with the Falcons winning football games you're either a. ill informed, b. ignorant, or c. your blind hatred for the guy doesn't allow you to see the truth.

Very nicely said.....
I will buy you a beer some day..

PECKERWOOD
02-02-2010, 07:54 PM
38-28-1.

Discuss.

Bill Cody
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
38-28-1.

Discuss.

Well for one ties are unusual.

justasportsfan
02-02-2010, 08:13 PM
He didn't win in ATLANTA....
Who said make the pro bowl last year anyway...
The guy made a huge mistake that was probably going on way before his PRO BOWL years.....
You need to get over the fact that he and his possy killed dogs.....
If he comes to B-LO it will be for the #1 QB job by the way...Jeff Garcia maybe 2 years ago but Vick all day...

So if Vick plays for the Bills next year will you root for the Bills?

I will root for the bills but that has nothing to do with my loyalty to the team. Vicks arm sucks. There was nothing to indicate he's any better than he was when he left the falcons. As indicated by others, if he can't run like he used to we're stuch with a qb with a crappy arm. Jeff garcia is still better than Vick at his current state.

baalworship
02-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I will root for the bills but that has nothing to do with my loyalty to the team. Vicks arm sucks. There was nothing to indicate he's any better than he was when he left the falcons. As indicated by others, if he can't run like he used to we're stuch with a qb with a crappy arm. Jeff garcia is still better than Vick at his current state.

Vick has a cannon.

Philagape
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
38-28-1.

Discuss.

History.
Age.
Irrelevant.

Philagape
02-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Vick has a cannon.

That's about as useful as Jamarcus Russell's cannon.

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Vick has a cannon.
Yeah Vick has a very strong arm. Not accurate but does have a strong arm.

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2010, 12:56 PM
That's about as useful as Jamarcus Russell's cannon.
Oh my god.

Seriously?