PDA

View Full Version : Fill the 3-4 gaps with Steelers players?

jpdex12
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Now tsat we have Whaley, we have heard of several references of some Pittsburg players that could be on our FA radar to fill holes for the new 3-4 defense.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_665925.html

This article supports potential direction that Buffalo could look to Casey Hampton wth Whaley's Steeler's connection. If he isn't tagged then we could make a run at him but no way I see us giving up valuable picks for a tagged player.

Larry Foote is another that is going to be a FA. Could fill our OLB need.

kernowboy
02-07-2010, 02:31 PM
It might make sense if we were going to play a Pittsburgh type defence but there is no guarantee that Edwards will go down that route and may use something more along the lines of Miami's 3-4.

Whenever a guy comes from another team there is always a lot of 2+2=27 going on

DrGraves
02-07-2010, 03:09 PM
i still don't understand why anyone thinks a FA would want to sign with this god forsaken franchise lol

Night Train
02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Hampton makes complete sense. The 2 Steeler Safties and the backup DL he mentions are not needed.

Foote got cut by the Steelers and signed for 1 year with the Lions. He's from that area and actually has stated he would like the Lions to sign him long term. We'll see.

Had a good year and is probably better than Mitchell. 6-1 239 but is strong as an ox. Won 2 SB's and that's ALWAYS good in the locker room.

djjimkelly
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Now tsat we have Whaley, we have heard of several references of some Pittsburg players that could be on our FA radar to fill holes for the new 3-4 defense.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_665925.html

This article supports potential direction that Buffalo could look to Casey Hampton wth Whaley's Steeler's connection. If he isn't tagged then we could make a run at him but no way I see us giving up valuable picks for a tagged player.

Larry Foote is another that is going to be a FA. Could fill our OLB need.

now that we are a 3-4 D i think OLB is the least of our worries with maybin probably schobel making switch to OLB but for depth id like larry foote as a starter no way

better days
02-08-2010, 08:09 AM
i still don't understand why anyone thinks a FA would want to sign with this god forsaken franchise lol

The top 3 reasons a FA will sign with a team

1) Money

2) Money

3) Money

Griff
02-08-2010, 08:21 AM

there is this thing called money, and despite popular opinion, Ralph does pay it.

THATHURMANATOR
02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Simple. Money.

If the Bills offer the most money 99.9% of FAs will come here.

BertSquirtgum
02-08-2010, 11:06 AM

money