PDA

View Full Version : 17 teams have lower ticket prices than the Bills

Johnny Bugmenot
05-13-2010, 06:55 AM
From USA Today: Get ready to pay: 18 NFL teams raising ticket prices for 2010
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-05-11-ticket-prices-mainbar_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Take not of how many of these teams have lower ticket prices than the Buffalo Bills, whose lowest ticket price is $40:

Arizona Cardinals: $25
Carolina Panthers: $32
Cleveland Browns: $32
Dallas Cowboys: Standing room tickets for $29
Detroit Lions: $30
Houston Texans: $30
Indianapolis Colts: $38
Jacksonville Jaguars: $30
Kansas City Chiefs: $30
Miami Dolphins: $34
Minnesota Vikings: $15
New Orleans Saints: $25
Oakland Raiders: $26
St. Louis Rams: $25
San Francisco 49ers: $29
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $25
Washington Redskins: $29

Note how many of these are the big-budget teams (Cowboys, Redskins) and how many playoff teams are on this list (Super Bowl XLIV's Saints and Colts). In all fairness, there are quite a few losers, too, but still: Ralph is hardly giving Bills fans a bargain. I know exactly why this is, because the luxury box and high-end tickets aren't drawing flies and he's passing it on to the common fans.

MikeInRoch
05-13-2010, 06:58 AM
The lowest price is hardly sufficient to look at. Look at the average, and I bet you see a completely different story.

BlackMetalNinja
05-13-2010, 07:08 AM
We still have the lowest average ticket price in the league...

http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/News/nfl%20fci%202009.pdf

dasaybz
05-13-2010, 07:10 AM
How is that hardly sufficient? People want to go to games as cheaply as possible, and these teams are better at making that happen than the Bills.

ddaryl
05-13-2010, 07:34 AM
The lowest price is hardly sufficient to look at. Look at the average, and I bet you see a completely different story.

Yeah look at average ticket proice.

Also factor in Dallas' rights to seaosn tickets fee's as well. I believe the Giants and Jets will be following suit here asking for 20K for season ticket rights

the Redskins milk their fans for eveyr single dime they can squeeze. I believe they charge for training camp attendences etc...

overall the Bills are one of the cheapest tickets in town

ddaryl
05-13-2010, 07:35 AM
How is that hardly sufficient? People want to go to games as cheaply as possible, and these teams are better at making that happen than the Bills.

at the cost of charging the majority of fans $100 - $200 + for their tickets.

What's left is the worst seats in the house for the poor

ddaryl
05-13-2010, 07:38 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-05-11-ticket-prices-mainbar_N.htm#teams

(http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Buffalo+Bills)
Buffalo Bills (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Buffalo+Bills), (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Buffalo+Bills)Ralph Wilson (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Ralph+C.+Wilson+Jr) Stadium (73,967): Increase: Yes. Price range: $40-$80 Note: Excluding the one home game in Toronto, Bills season ticket average ($59.19)is more than $15 less than NFL average.
(http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Buffalo+Bills)

So the Bills are averaging $15 less per game for their tickets... BUT that doesn't include what we rape Toronto fans for.

Jan Reimers
05-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Take not of how many of these teams have lower ticket prices than the Buffalo Bills, whose lowest ticket price is $40:

Note how many of these are the big-budget teams (Cowboys, Redskins) and how many playoff teams are on this list (Super Bowl XLIV's Saints and Colts). In all fairness, there are quite a few losers, too, but still: Ralph is hardly giving Bills fans a bargain. I know exactly why this is, because the luxury box and high-end tickets aren't drawing flies and he's passing it on to the common fans.
Your premise is absurd. You have no idea of how many of the other teams' cheaper tickets are available, or where/what they are. In the case of the Cowboys, for example, you get to stand for the entire game for "only" $29. I imagine that many of the other bargain tickets are very few in number, with obstructed views or so far from the field that you might as well stay home.

The sightlines at the Ralph are great, and there is not a bad seat in the house. The average ticket price is extremely affordable by today's standards.

You can criticize Ralph for a lot of things, but not for gauging fans on ticket prices.

TacklingDummy
05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
You can criticize Ralph for a lot of things, but not for gauging fans on ticket prices.
If he brought the ATP up to the league average that would give him more money to either pocket or spend on free agents.

Pinkerton Security
05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
We still have the lowest average ticket price in the league...

http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/News/nfl%20fci%202009.pdf

That was for 2009. I read an article that said we now arent the lowest but still way near the bottom...cant find it at the moment but this alludes to it..

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/02/cowboys-average-ticket-prices-100-more-t.html

don137
05-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Remember most of those teams also have a Personal Seat License you need to buy to be a season ticket holder. I cannot speak for other teams but I know for the bad seats for the Panthers the price is $2000 per seat.

Tiburon1724
05-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Some of these might be for standing room admission...

mybils
05-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Your premise is absurd. You have no idea of how many of the other teams' cheaper tickets are available, or where/what they are. In the case of the Cowboys, for example, you get to stand for the entire game for "only" $29. I imagine that many of the other bargain tickets are very few in number, with obstructed views or so far from the field that you might as well stay home.

The sightlines at the Ralph are great, and there is not a bad seat in the house. The average ticket price is extremely affordable by today's standards.

EXACTLY! :up:

ddaryl
05-13-2010, 12:32 PM
If he brought the ATP up to the league average that would give him more money to either pocket or spend on free agents.

BUT would the masses pay for it or would we start playing to non-sold out games ???

Many would...many simply could not

JD
05-13-2010, 12:42 PM
We have the cheapest parking in the league. We don't charge for programs. Cheap soft drinks too.

billz83
05-13-2010, 01:10 PM
screw ralph wilson i dont care what the topic is he is the most worthless owner in the history of sports..i ****** hate his salvation army mentality to the buffalo bills..he is the cheapest and most incompetent owner this league has ever seen..Cant wait to seee a new owner..sumone who wont be 40 million under the cap and will actually SPEND MONEY on the right people..wilson needs to sell the team and go back into his hibernation state like hes been in for the past decade..hes nothing more then a pathological liar screw him!!!!

Johnny Bugmenot
05-13-2010, 01:26 PM
As far as AVERAGE ticket prices go, Buffalo is 30th out of 32 teams. Jacksonville and Cleveland are below Buffalo in that regard.

My point is that the best available ticket deal is worse for Bills fans than it is for most of the other teams in the league, including those with newer stadiums to pay off. The reason for the difference is that Buffalo has the lowest high end price of any team in the league (a mere $80). Green Bay is next at $83, followed by Tennessee, Cincinnati and Cleveland at $85. They haven't found a way to get more money out of the high end market yet the way other NFL teams have-- which is Russ Brandon's job. 23 out of the 32 teams offer tickets valued over $100, and that doesn't even include PSLs.

TacklingDummy
05-13-2010, 01:28 PM
screw ralph wilson i dont care what the topic is he is the most worthless owner in the history of sports..i ****** hate his salvation army mentality to the buffalo bills..he is the cheapest and most incompetent owner this league has ever seen..Cant wait to seee a new owner..sumone who wont be 40 million under the cap and will actually SPEND MONEY on the right people..wilson needs to sell the team and go back into his hibernation state like hes been in for the past decade..hes nothing more then a pathological liar screw him!!!!

I guess you can say the cheapest fans in the league also.

billz83
05-13-2010, 01:40 PM
I guess you can say the cheapest fans in the league also.

i could care less about the ticket prices..if u wanna go see a game ur gonna pay whatever it costs to go have fun..im strictly talking about OLD MAN WILSON and his pathetic attempt at fixing an organization..he is single-handedly responsible for the past decade..he is an absolutely PATHETIC owner..the cheapest owner in the history of the NFL..if this team actually won games and was even HALF respectable i doubt ANYONE would say a THING about ticket prices..the fact teams that are a 100 TIMES better then us and have ACCOMPLISHED MORE are cheaper then a team that hasnt even been to the playoffs in 10 years! thas what people are probably pissed about..wilson has to go this team will NOT be successful with him as owner..I REALLLLLLLLLYY hope im wrong but i doubt it.

TacklingDummy
05-13-2010, 01:43 PM
.the cheapest owner in the history of the NFL..
So back to my original post, guess you can say cheapest fans in the history of the league also.

Night Train
05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
You're right. I can't understand why you even bother following Bills.

I'd respect you if you left and found another team.

billz83
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
So back to my original post, guess you can say cheapest fans in the history of the league also.

Nope id say the most loyal DIEHARD FANS any team could wish to have..what other team do u know of that CONSTANTLY STILL SELLS OUT and they havent won a SINGLE SUPER BOWL since being in the NFL nor have they even BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS in a decade?! thas what i thought!

TacklingDummy
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Nope id say the most loyal DIEHARD FANS any team could wish to have..what other team do u know of that CONSTANTLY STILL SELLS OUT and they havent won a SINGLE SUPER BOWL since being in the NFL nor have they even BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS in a decade?! thas what i thought!

Some of us remember when 20,000 people were going to the games.

Cntrygal
05-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Some of us remember when 20,000 people were going to the games.

I went to a game in '84 and I remember that there was more empty seats than filled ones.

trapezeus
05-13-2010, 02:24 PM
every bills game that i've attended outside of buffalo, i've been stunned by the ticket prices. my seats at the ralph are on the 45 yard line, 3 rows beneath the press boxes. Out seats are like $70 a seat. So together my dad and i sit together for $150-$175 when you factor in parking and a drink or some food.

To get those seats in any other stadium will easily cost you $150-175 per ticket with no parking and no ticket.

Ralph spends money and makes money, but he does neither very well.

mybils
05-17-2010, 03:06 PM
i could care less about the ticket prices...
You could?

LtFinFan66
05-17-2010, 03:26 PM
You could?he is either rich or does not attend games

Bill Cody
05-17-2010, 03:50 PM

No they're not. Having a couple thousand nose bleed or obstructed view seats at bargain prices doesn't make those stadiums better overall deals. There's really not a terrible seat in the house at the Ralph. The Bills have lots of problems. In my opinion, ticket prices ain't one of them. If it's not worth it to you to spend $40 for a seat stay home.

YardRat
05-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I went to a game in '84 and I remember that there was more empty seats than filled ones.

Back in the mid/late 70's, we used to run up for games, pay for the cheapest ticket possible, and sit wherever the hell we wanted.

G Wolly
05-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Dallas Cowboys: Standing room tickets for $29

That's just stupid

Billz_fan
05-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Back in the mid/late 70's, we used to run up for games, pay for the cheapest ticket possible, and sit wherever the hell we wanted.

We were there with yah brother. Find your "real" seat. Sit in it for about 10 minutes while we pick a new section and head out :laughter: Also participated in the 2 man wave drill a few times :D

YardRat
05-17-2010, 04:18 PM
We were there with yah brother. Find your "real" seat. Sit in it for about 10 minutes while we pick a new section and head out :laughter: Also participated in the 2 man wave drill a few times :D

:beers:

better days
05-17-2010, 04:50 PM

My buds & I had season tickets in the club seats on the 45 yd line from the mid 70's to the mid 80's, now we are scattered all over the Country, not one of us left in Buffalo, it is a shame.

Stewie
05-17-2010, 05:38 PM

If you're going to make that argument, you better be ready to average in PSL's, parking, concessions, etc.

Bravo82
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
The Bills do have some of the best ticket prices in the league, there is no denying that.

HOWEVER, I think many fans complaints come from the fact that the NFL is seeing to it that the average fan is priced out of the stadium. If you don't have season tickets, its $25 to park at the Ralph. Just because other teams charge $40-50 to park doesn't make it okay, or a "bargain". Go compare parking & ticket prices today vs 10 years ago...I will bet there is a significant increase at a rate much higher than inflation.

But sadly, the average family of 4 has been priced out of NFL stadiums for some time already.

dasaybz
05-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Here's the thing. If you live in NYC or Chi, or a big city like that, salaries are inflated, and so is everything else. When you live in a smaller city like Buffalo, salaries are lower, and so is the cost of living. When things average out like that, of course the cities with the inflated salaries are going to charge more for tickets and parking.

A $50,000 a year job in Buffalo, is probably a $100,00 a year job in NYC.

Just sayin ...