PDA

View Full Version : Bills ink OL Calloway

The Spaz
06-08-2010, 02:58 PM
The Bills are now a third of the way toward having their entire draft class under contract. Buffalo signed seventh-round draft choice Kyle Calloway to a multi-year deal Tuesday shortly after the team’s OTA practice.

“It’s awesome,” Calloway told Buffalobills.com moments after signing. “It’s a relief to finally actually feel a part of the team when I signed that contract. It’s a relief. I’m thankful. Thirty-two teams had a chance to draft me and Buffalo did and I’m glad that they had enough faith in me that I could help the team in whatever way they need me to.”

Calloway (6’7” 315) was the second of two seventh-round draft picks made by the Bills this past April. The offensive lineman was initially projected by Buffalo’s coaching staff as a guard, but to this point in OTAs and the most recent voluntary minicamp offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris has had Calloway primarily lined up at right tackle.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-ink-OL-Calloway/46d90167-c863-4a2f-b3ec-f2983af518a6

DraftBoy
06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
UDFA Stephan Virgil was released to make room for Calloway.

jimbledsoe
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow, he is huge. I find it interesting that they have decided to make him learn Right Tackle first which is different from what they said they drafted him for. I am happy about it, I think he has an opportunity to be a starting right tackle in the future.Man, he is huge.

Night Train
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Getting that 2006 Ford Focus as part of the signing bonus was key.