PDA

View Full Version : I guess everyone here wants to sweep the o-line under the rug.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2010, 08:32 AM
I find it funny how everyone wants to post on the QB and RB competitions without even addressing how bad the o-line is going to be this year.

I am a Bills fan and will suffer through this season, like I always do, but the Bills couldn't have tried a little harder to get a real RT or LT?

Our starting lineup if everyone is healthy:

Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green

The funny part is that the Bills are hoping to get Bell back who was terrible last year. His competition will be Meredith and Wang. This is pretty laughable.

At RT Green's competition is Chambers, Hennessey, Calloway and Gaddis. Chambers couldn't make another roster in the NFL but most likely he will be starting at some point this season when Green gets injured.

Let's add that Wood is still coming off an injury and will not be 100% even if every article from here on out says that he is a freak of nature and he's better than ever.

So when Edwards of Brohm is laying flat on his back or the defense is 5 yards in the backfield will we be blaming the QB and RB, like we do every year, or will we be smart enough to realize that this o-line is still terrible?

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 08:36 AM
I find it funny how everyone wants to post on the QB and RB competitions without even addressing how bad the o-line is going to be this year.

I am a Bills fan and will suffer through this season, like I always do, but the Bills couldn't have tried a little harder to get a real RT or LT?

You are right. I have not seen any posts/threads on the O-Line in at least 6 months. How could have we all forgotten about it!!!!!

BTW, you are back to being a Bills fan? You did quit twice last year.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=192552

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=192538

Bill Cody
06-18-2010, 08:43 AM
we have OL issues?:jawdrop:

OpIv37
06-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I think there are a handful of people on here who think the OL wil be fine because they overrate Han and think either Bell or Meredith will step up at LT.

I think everyone else is pretty open about the fact that we have OL issues.

Pinkerton Security
06-18-2010, 08:46 AM

The funny part is that the Bills are hoping to get Bell back who was terrible last year. His competition will be Meredith and Wang. This is pretty laughable.

At RT Green's competition is Chambers, Hennessey, Calloway and Gaddis. Chambers couldn't make another roster in the NFL but most likely he will be starting at some point this season when Green gets injured.

Let's add that Wood is still coming off an injury and will not be 100% even if every article from here on out says that he is a freak of nature and he's better than ever.

So when Edwards of Brohm is laying flat on his back or the defense is 5 yards in the backfield will we be blaming the QB and RB, like we do every year, or will we be smart enough to realize that this o-line is still terrible?

I find if funny how people write posts about how Lynch is making our front office look bad because his teammates like him, when they should be making posts about how s***ty our offensive line is!!! O wait, you've got everything covered!!!

And apparently you just choose not to read any posts about our o-line. Just because there hasnt been one made in the last 3 days doesnt mean people dont talk about it.

ddaryl
06-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Umm I think everyone has beat the dead horse to death a few times...

nothing else to do but hope it works out... talking about it will do nothing, we are a slave to whatever they put together.... and we all know it.

Bill Cody
06-18-2010, 09:09 AM
we are a slave

We're slaves? Man things are really going downhill. :madcloud:

mayotm
06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I think there are a handful of people on here who think the OL wil be fine because they overrate Han and think either Bell or Meredith will step up at LT.

I think everyone else is pretty open about the fact that we have OL issues.Even those who feel Han is adequate and that Bell or Meredith COULD step up, acknowledge that the o-line is a huge question mark.

Jan Reimers
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Our O-line is certainly an issue, but it's way too early to consign it to the s**t pile.

We have 2 promising guards in Levitre and Wood who should (depending on Wood's recovery) be better in their 2nd year. Han is not an All Pro, but he is a smart, decent player. Meredith was highly regarded coming out, and could be a find at one of the tackle positions.

Bell is a low round draft pick with a lot of athleticism, going into his 3rd year. Does anyone remember a guy named Peters who was an athletic UDFA and became a fine LT? Bell could certainly become a Peters - although whether it's Jason or Bernadette is still up for grabs.

I'm waiting to see how things develop before I write off the O line.

billz83
06-18-2010, 09:46 AM
This Oline has been terrible for a decade now..anyone that thinks this oline has a chance probably thought Jauron was a good head coach..If they fix the LT position and upgrade the RT and get a veteran guard in the mix this Oline will be decent..cuz everyone knows there WILL BE injuries..

WeAreArthurMoates
06-18-2010, 10:08 AM
I like Meredith but I'm not counting on him to be the savior at LT. I do think he will play solid. Why the o line will be better is cause the too highly drafted rookies from last year should make a monster jump. If those guys turn out as good as I think, the o line will be better.

Bill Cody
06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
I see Meredith as a better fit at RT

theanswer74
06-18-2010, 10:42 AM
If healthy the OL will be fine. We will have to help out LT and RT at times, but that wont be a problem. We just cant have injuries every week this year.

JCBills
06-18-2010, 10:54 AM
HH, why do you make threads/post?

We get it, you're miserable, but there is no need to drag everyone else down, just go cry in the corner while we discuss relevant topics.

DraftBoy
06-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I find it funny

What I find funny is your inability to read anything other than what you want to see, and how you like to post something outlandish and never show up again to debate it. Then you quit like a 6 year old who got picked last for kickball.

Over/Under on HH quitting by Week 5?

Johnny Bugmenot
06-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Bell is a low round draft pick with a lot of athleticism, going into his 3rd year. Does anyone remember a guy named Peters who was an athletic UDFA and became a fine LT? Bell could certainly become a Peters - although whether it's Jason or Bernadette is still up for grabs. Yes, but Jason Peters was not counted on to be the future franchise LT-- that was Mike Williams, who I contended all along was the wrong pick. When he wanted to make the money he was worth, he bolted. LT's aren't cheap, and even if we get one good year out of Bell he'll be out the door faster than you can say Jason Peters, because this team wouldn't pay for an LT. Hence, why they didn't draft Bulaga, why they didn't trade up with the Redskins, why Peters is an Eagle, why Langston Walker got the axe one week before the regular season, and why Jared Gaither is still on the Ravens roster. This team has the erroneous assumption they can develop long-term solutions from the leftovers of the draft cheaper than they can get a blue-chip prospect. They're wrong.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2010, 11:17 AM
What I find funny is your inability to read anything other than what you want to see, and how you like to post something outlandish and never show up again to debate it. Then you quit like a 6 year old who got picked last for kickball.

Over/Under on HH quitting by Week 5?

I'm here to debate it. You guys are counting on 5ths, 7ths and UFAs to fight it out for the RT and LT spots.

Right now we have a guy that was terrible last year, who is injured, and somehow people still believe that he's the next Jason Peters. People forget that Peters was an athletic freak of nature who was awesome on special teams his first year.

On the right side we have a 33 year old has been backed up by Kirk Chambers who would not make another roster. But you guys want to keep the rose colored sunglasses on.

This is the same board that said we wouldn't miss Peters, Dockery, and Walker.

Furthermore Levitre was far from good last year. He's promising but everyone expected Poz to make the leep and he hasn't so where's the guarantee in that.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes, but Jason Peters was not counted on to be the future franchise LT-- that was Mike Williams, who I contended all along was the wrong pick. When he wanted to make the money he was worth, he bolted. LT's aren't cheap, and even if we get one good year out of Bell he'll be out the door faster than you can say Jason Peters, because this team wouldn't pay for an LT. Hence, why they didn't draft Bulaga, why they didn't trade up with the Redskins, why Peters is an Eagle, why Langston Walker got the axe one week before the regular season, and why Jared Gaither is still on the Ravens roster. This team has the erroneous assumption they can develop long-term solutions from the leftovers of the draft cheaper than they can get a blue-chip prospect. They're wrong.

Great post!!

DraftBoy
06-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm here to debate it. You guys are counting on 5ths, 7ths and UFAs to fight it out for the RT and LT spots.
Right now we have a guy that was terrible last year, who is injured, and somehow people still believe that he's the next Jason Peters. People forget that Peters was an athletic freak of nature who was awesome on special teams his first year.

On the right side we have a 33 year old has been backed up by Kirk Chambers who would not make another roster. But you guys want to keep the rose colored sunglasses on.

This is the same board that said we wouldn't miss Peters, Dockery, and Walker.

Furthermore Levitre was far from good last year. He's promising but everyone expected Poz to make the leep and he hasn't so where's the guarantee in that.
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong...

But since you want to debate the issue; Why is it that you fail to read? Why do you quit on this team every year?

Those are the issues to talk about because we all already know that the OL is a massive weak link.

JCBills
06-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes, but Jason Peters was not counted on to be the future franchise LT-- that was Mike Williams, who I contended all along was the wrong pick. When he wanted to make the money he was worth, he bolted. LT's aren't cheap, and even if we get one good year out of Bell he'll be out the door faster than you can say Jason Peters, because this team wouldn't pay for an LT. Hence, why they didn't draft Bulaga, why they didn't trade up with the Redskins, why Peters is an Eagle, why Langston Walker got the axe one week before the regular season, and why Jared Gaither is still on the Ravens roster. This team has the erroneous assumption they can develop long-term solutions from the leftovers of the draft cheaper than they can get a blue-chip prospect. They're wrong.

I don't know what it would be like to go through life thinking I know everything, but it appears you can tell us from your own experience.

Bill Cody
06-18-2010, 12:38 PM

So when we offered to make Peters, who by the way wasn't even drafted so it is possible to develop a LT, a top 5 paid OT that was a smokescreen? And we cut Walker, not because he simply can't play anymore, but because of money? And because we need a LT we should cave to whatever another team asks for a player? And the fact that Bulaga slipped to 23rd and GB is looking at him as a RT doesn't give you any pause? And you really think with all the holes on this roster we could afford to trade up in the draft? All I can say to this post is I'm glad you're not our GM.

theanswer74
06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
You can win with below average LT talent. Even better, you can have great offenses with below average LT talent. Many teams have won a lot of games with average or worse LT talent. The coaches have to work around it.

Eventually
06-19-2010, 01:50 AM
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but while acknowledging the OL has many question marks, I'm actually looking forward to watching them this year. A few reasons:

Before the barrage of injuries took place last year, I thought the OL played admirable. They looked solid as one could expect a brand new line with essentially 3 rookies against NE, then followed it up nicely against a very bad bucs team. Then once butler went down it was obvious that he was the lynchpin holding that line together, say what you want about him but once he went down, wood had no one to pick up the slack when he made rookie miscues, so know hangartner(much maligned) couldn't help levitre and wood out both. The RT replacements were aweful, just aweful and affected every position along the line. Once we got Meredith some action I thought he showed enough to give fans hope for his development.

Bell was a penalty machine, and did look out of place at times, but I thought his general assignments were handled pretty well, again offering hope for further development.

Wood played very well for the most part, the big question with him is how he'll recover, and if it weren't for that aspect I'd really like to see him take over the center spot, but that's another story that will certainly be talked more about later on as he gets back into the swing of things.

Levitre,you weren't impressed, well I was and very much so. IMO he was the most consistent of the OL last year and look forward to his development.

See, where you are complaining about how bad the line is, I'm looking at it as a positive, Wood, Bell, Levitre and Meredith, granted all won't start at the same time but all will develop more this year, and I see promise in all these guys.

Hangman is steady, he looked really bad at points last year but again I feel he was picking up some slack with rookies to both side of him, helping them out, so not sure how fair it would be to analyze him simply off last year alone, he was pretty good as a back up in carolina- which eventually were I hope we can get him for next year.

Green- again another maligned guy, but from the raiders, he's one heck of a run blocker, struggles some against the past, really just needs to be more accountable for fundamentals and not get flagged as much as he has.

I'm extremely impressed with Meredith and feel he'll wind up being the answer at lt.

Also I feel gailey's playcalling will make the line better as well. From what I see, all these guys are pretty good against the run, and somewhat in question against the pass. With strategic playcalling in a run heave offense I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Now one final point, I know i've gone on a bit here, but I like the line as it is, and am looking forward to all their development. That all said if they can pull off a deal for brown, mcneil or gaither I would be for it, just because where they are versus where our guys could be are off right now and we'd still have capable and developing guys backing the LT spot as well. If you just look at each guy and compare them individually I think my point will be missed, they have the potential to be good, as a unit, in a structured system that will accentuate their positives now while enhancing development for later.

jamze132
06-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Did anyone besides HH really believe that Nix could fix every Bills problem in one offseason? :idunno:

Goobylal
06-19-2010, 07:30 AM
The O-line will be fine (barring loads of injuries again). Hear me now, believe me later. They have 2 good young guards in Wood and Levitre. Their experience will make Hangman's job easier. Cornell Green is a decent pass and run blocker, who needs to cut down on penalties. And Meredith or Bell will be much improved after getting starting experience last year, and (with one of them) getting the starter's reps throughout training camp and pre-season. Unlike last year, where Walker was supposed to be the starter, Bell got the 2nd team reps and actually missed 2 weeks of camp and pre-season games, and was elevated to starter just days before the opener.

HHURRICANE
06-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Did anyone besides HH really believe that Nix could fix every Bills problem in one offseason? :idunno:

The o-line was so bad that I did believe we were going to do more than sign a 33 year old Langston Walker type replacement. I like how the Bills are in love with the lineman from the Raiders. Another team who's owner should have quit a decade ago.

mayotm
06-19-2010, 08:11 AM
The o-line was so bad that I did believe we were going to do more than sign a 33 year old Langston Walker type replacement. I like how the Bills are in love with the lineman from the Raiders. Another team who's owner should have quit a decade ago.You still haven't answered the question about when you'll stop being a fan again.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-19-2010, 08:15 AM
The O-line will be fine (barring loads of injuries again). Hear me now, believe me later. They have 2 good young guards in Wood and Levitre. Their experience will make Hangman's job easier. Cornell Green is a decent pass and run blocker, who needs to cut down on penalties. And Meredith or Bell will be much improved after getting starting experience last year, and (with one of them) getting the starter's reps throughout training camp and pre-season. Unlike last year, where Walker was supposed to be the starter, Bell got the 2nd team reps and actually missed 2 weeks of camp and pre-season games, and was elevated to starter just days before the opener.
I wasn't all that impressed with Levitre when he was in there last year. The right side shouldn't be that much of a problem but the left side? I have zero confidence. Meredith and Bell won't be that much improved. Holding is part of Bell's technique, it seems, considering how often he's called for it and killed Bills drives with it-- he'd have to be totally retaught the process of pass blocking, and that's not coming this year. Is Jamon Meredith an improvement in that regard? He has yet to show any potential for doing so; people complain about Brohm, a second-round draft pick and highly regarded high school and college prospect, being a scrub, but all of a sudden Jamon Meredith, a fifth-round pick acquired the same way, is starting caliber?

Jan Reimers
06-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Just a general point, but I'm not sure why so many posters are so quick to discount, or flat give up on, young players like Wood, Levitre, Meredith, Bell and others.

We seem to forget that these guys may very well develop into the kind of veterans that we can't wait to acquire from other teams.

HHURRICANE
06-19-2010, 08:16 AM
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but while acknowledging the OL has many question marks, I'm actually looking forward to watching them this year.

First off, many of our posters could learn how to post a difference of opinion on this site with respect like you just did. Nice job!!!!!! look forward to you posting more here.

As for your points I agree that Levitre, Hangartner, and Wood are worthy of seeing what they will bring as a group this year. I just don't believe that Wood will be at 100% at any point this season.

The problem is that you made my case on the RT. When Butler went down the entire o-line went with it. Cornell Green is not going to get pushed by Meredith because they have him competing on the left side. Everyone here missed that tidbit. So we have Chambers fighting for the spot. Ouch!!

On the left side Meredith is competing with Bell for the LT spot. No matter how it turns out it's not going to be pretty and if we get one injury, anywhere, this season is done because there is absolutely no developing talent waiting in the wings.

This is deja-vu of last year.

HHURRICANE
06-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Just a general point, but I'm not sure why so many posters are so quick to discount, or flat give up on, young players like Wood, Levitre, Meredith, Bell and others.

We seem to forget that these guys may very well develop into the kind of veterans that we can't wait to acquire from other teams.

Wood, Levitre, and Hangartner came in with certain expectation based on where they were picked in the draft or how they played on the field.

The rest of the group is a bunch of 5ths, 7ths, and undrafted players that have proved absolutely nothing in their careers.

The Bills got lucky with Peters because he was a rare athletic talent not because we are great at finding diamonds in the rough and developing them. The comparisons on Bell to Peters are laughable. Peters was excelling on the field wherever we put him. Bell is struggling just to play one position.

Jan Reimers
06-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Part of the fun for me in following the Bills and my other favorite teams is watching the young guys to see how - or if - they develop into good players. I like the occasional addition of a quality veteran player, but basically I enjoy watching the draft picks and UDFAs come along.

It's more interesting and a better way to build, too, if you draft well - which obviously past regimes haven't always done. But I like many of our young guys, and try not to bash them until they have adequate time to grow and develop.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Because Jake Long, Matt Light and D'Brickashaw Ferguson contributed positively on Day One-- and that's what the Bills are up against. The difference between Bell, Meredith and those three are obvious.

JCBills
06-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Because Jake Long, Matt Light and D'Brickashaw Ferguson contributed positively on Day One-- and that's what the Bills are up against. The difference between Bell, Meredith and those three are obvious.

LOL

I knew it was a lack of knowledge / comprehension.

D'Brick played AWFUL as a rookie, literally flat out terrible.

And I'm not sure what you were watching for you to see no potential in Meredith, and still don't know how you can have your head so locked on "if x player isn't taken in x round, they are nothing" but the laughs have been abundant for the rest of us.

YardRat
06-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Op.

feldspar
06-19-2010, 12:04 PM
It's the Tackles more than the entire line itself that is the issue, as long as nobody gets hurt.

and what are people supposed to do, complain about it endlessly? People that do that are the people that nobody likes.

...we should get Gaither or Brown...blah, blah, blah. There is only so much you can say.

HHURRICANE
06-19-2010, 12:07 PM
It's the Tackles more than the entire line itself that is the issue, as long as nobody gets hurt.

and what are people supposed to do, complain about it endlessly? People that do that are the people that nobody likes.

...we should get Gaither or Brown...blah, blah, blah. There is only so much you can say.

Sorry I'll just post homer threads on how great we are. Superbowl baby!!! Blah, blah, blah.

This is the same board that had no problem getting rid of Walker, Dockery, and Peters in one off-season and now we are on year 2 of doing little to fix it.

feldspar
06-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry I'll just post homer threads on how great we are. Superbowl baby!!! Blah, blah, blah.

This is the same board that had no problem getting rid of Walker, Dockery, and Peters in one off-season and now we are on year 2 of doing little to fix it.

So beat a dead horse.

We replaced Dockery with somebody better as far as I'm concerned. Walker should have never been targeted to play LT...he's better on the right side, where we had Brad Butler. I've always liked Butler; his retiring came right out of nowhere from where I was sitting, as did his injury. He is only 26. He had college experience at the RT position, and there is no telling how good he could have been there since he was out for the season on IR in game 2...so you have THAT.

LT is the only position we didn't have a plan for. Bell was way too raw to be effective his first year playing there. He is a great athlete for a guy that is so big, and his story isn't over yet. He could still pan out, and he's not going to get any better sitting on the bench. Also, there is still the possibility that we trade for somebody there.

The fact of the matter is that we couldn't address all the needs of this team in one offseason. It will take time. We do have young guys with some experience now...one of them could break out, otherwise we can either make a trade or make due with what we have. We got the best player available at #9, and then tried to shore up our front 7, which was as big of an issue than our o-line, ask me. We couldn't stop the run.

Gotta have some patience.

MikeInRoch
06-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Just out of curiosity - how many threads per day about how bad the O-line will be would make you happy, HH?

Johnny Bugmenot
06-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Gotta have some patience. The Bills have the longest active playoff drought right now, tied with lowly Detroit. Ten years, going on eleven. How much more patience do we need?

FlyingDutchman
06-19-2010, 01:23 PM

first of all, why do you always come at the board like everyone on here is a bunch of idiots when youve proven time and again to be less the par about football. Second we've beat this subject to death and conceded we have oline issues so what the hell are you starting this thread for? pay attention before you open your mouth

feldspar
06-19-2010, 01:30 PM
The Bills have the longest active playoff drought right now, tied with lowly Detroit. Ten years, going on eleven. How much more patience do we need?

So sit on the edge of your seat, all upset and demanding things that are impractical or beyond your control. WTF do I care?

Every season, every team starts again. When you get a whole new set of coaches and a new GM, it's day one.

tampabay25690
06-19-2010, 02:08 PM
We have no idea how the OLINE will come togther right now...
Why don't we wait till camp to see how it pans out...

Johnny Bugmenot
06-19-2010, 02:12 PM
I knew it was a lack of knowledge / comprehension. Says the guy with the avatar of Jim Carrey acting like a ******.

feldspar
06-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Says the guy with the avatar of Jim Carrey acting like a ******.

If avatars were the indication of a person, you know exactly what's going to happen, and I just might kill you.

Goobylal
06-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I wasn't all that impressed with Levitre when he was in there last year. The right side shouldn't be that much of a problem but the left side? I have zero confidence. Meredith and Bell won't be that much improved. Holding is part of Bell's technique, it seems, considering how often he's called for it and killed Bills drives with it-- he'd have to be totally retaught the process of pass blocking, and that's not coming this year. Is Jamon Meredith an improvement in that regard? He has yet to show any potential for doing so; people complain about Brohm, a second-round draft pick and highly regarded high school and college prospect, being a scrub, but all of a sudden Jamon Meredith, a fifth-round pick acquired the same way, is starting caliber?
Again:

Hear me now, believe me later.

JCBills
06-19-2010, 03:22 PM

http://pw0nd.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2010, 08:06 AM

We've been over the Dockery thing. They improved the guard position with him gone and did address that spot.

Jan Reimers
06-20-2010, 08:31 AM
We have discussed the O line issues ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Who the Hell is trying to sweep anything under the rug?

I swear, if there aren't 100 negative, dead horse beating threads per day here, some of you guys wouldn't know what to do.

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2010, 08:39 AM
We have discussed the O line issues ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Who the Hell is trying to sweep anything under the rug?

I swear, if there aren't 100 negative, dead horse beating threads per day here, some of you guys wouldn't know what to do.

Funnier yet, is that this very poster started one on the Lynch threads he is *****ing about.

Hysterical.

(That and he still thinks Dockery was worth a ****ing thing)

Griff
06-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I like how HH seems to think that its easy to make a mediocre team with lots of holes into a complete team in one offseason.

Griff
06-20-2010, 08:54 AM

yep because avatars decide the quality of the post :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
We have no idea how the OLINE will come togther right now...
Why don't we wait till camp to see how it pans out...

Exactly the point of the thread Dutchman. Because people on this board continue to operate in a bubble.

We should wait to figure out that an injured Bell is every bit as bad as the healthy one we had last year. Our Butler replacement is another Raider re-tread.

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Exactly the point of the thread Dutchman. Because people on this board continue to operate in a bubble.

That is horse****.

If anybody is in a bubble, it is you and your unwillingness to read the numerous O-line discussions that have occurred or the numerous times people have said that O-line is a weakness.

JCBills
06-20-2010, 09:38 AM

We should wait to figure out that an injured Bell is every bit as bad as the healthy one we had last year. Our Butler replacement is another Raider re-tread.

Man I'm just glad I don't go through life as miserable as you.

FlyingDutchman
06-20-2010, 10:31 AM

and this is news to you? what do you want us to say... we know this already, why are you just coming to terms with this and starting a thread now? You want to think people here are ignorant so you have something to ***** about...we already beat this horse what do you want us to do

Turf
06-20-2010, 10:50 AM
I simply refuse to believe that every other team gathers offensive lineman so easily and we can't. A lot of the problems have to do with schemes and coaching. There's no way any organization personal wise could be that sub par in gathering talent. A good deal of blame goes to player development and technique.

Goobylal
06-20-2010, 11:28 AM

The last "Raider re-tread" worked out fine at RT for the Bills. The problem is, the last coaching staff decided to move him to LT, when (as I said all along) they should have kept him at RT, and then cut him days before the season started.

And the LT position will be a competition between Meredith, Bell, and Wang. Only Wang has no starting experience, unlike last year.

acehole
06-20-2010, 01:12 PM
What we do here is exactly that because we just blame and change the qb.

SABURZFAN
06-20-2010, 02:26 PM
the OL is far from being decent but they look better now than they did last September. the LT position needs to be addressed which i hope they do between now and this September.

tat2dmike77
06-20-2010, 05:08 PM

I thought you quit being a fan of this team?

Johnny Bugmenot
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I like how HH seems to think that its easy to make a mediocre team with lots of holes into a complete team in one offseason. Hello, this is the NFL-- this is supposed to be the league where parity reigns. If they can't, something's still seriously wrong.

Griff
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Hello, this is the NFL-- this is supposed to be the league where parity reigns. If they can't, something's still seriously wrong.

Hello, this is the real world.