PDA

View Full Version : No fire from Trent

dasaybz
08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I remember a few years back, Manning got into it big time with his center Jeff Saturday. He was in his face and pissed off about something. I really don't remember what he was pissed off about, but a couple series later, him and Saturday were smiling on the sidelines and being buddies.

I have never seen any emotion like that out of Trent. It gets me thinking that maybe he just doesn't give a crap about football. Pay attention to him this next game, see if he ever gets mad, or gets in anyone's face, or if he yells at anybody. Nope, you'll just see him slap his hands together like aww shucks.

Now, I'm not saying you need to be a loud mouth to be successful, but a little bit of passion out of your leader would be nice.

Go look at the list of Super Bowl QBs, and tell me who out of this bunch is as laid back as Trent.

http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbquarterbacks.htm

Mr. Pink
08-18-2010, 02:30 PM
So all we need is a guy like Jim McMahon who goes around head butting teammates and wearing unapproved attire on the field to get fined!

Theismann, Plunkett, Rypien, Warner, Dilfer - just to name a quick handful never got in the face of teammates.

And Joe Montana was extremely laid back.

You don't need to shout and rip someones head off to be successful.

Hogwasher
08-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Trent seems to lack the confidence to play with abandon. Call it passion, courage, ect.

justasportsfan
08-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Trent has enough problems on his own to worry about before going around and getting in peoples faces.

dasaybz
08-18-2010, 02:34 PM
I thought I made it pretty clear in my post that you don't need to shout and rip someone's head off to be successful.

Now, I'm not saying you need to be a loud mouth to be successful, but a little bit of passion out of your leader would be nice.

But all those guys you just mentioned had fire. Trent doesn't even come close to Warner.

dasaybz
08-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Trent has enough problems on his own before going around and getting in peoples faces.

I agree, but maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe he just doesn't have the passion to be an NFL QB.

justasportsfan
08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think passion was his problem. Confidence is.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't think passion was his problem. Confidence is.

His confidence has been shot ever since he took that hit from Adrian Wilson.

Unfortunately, it is very apparent he's never getting it back.

DMBcrew36
08-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Who the hell is Trent to get in anyone's face - the guy hasn't earned the right to say **** to anyone.

Peyton Manning on the other hand...

AustinTransplant
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, Trent is a sissy. What I noticed out of that list is how many times a QB from the state of Washington made it to the super bowl. hmmmm..... 2 words
"Jake Locker"

Hopefully Trent is our starting Qb and he will help us get inline to get Locker!!!

Philagape
08-18-2010, 03:09 PM
I'll worry about him completing an accurate pass longer than 10 yards before I worry about his "fire."

One step at a time.

trapezeus
08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
yelling at another player suggests that you have enough faith that he'll get it right. our qb's spend so much time on their backs, i don't think it really matters what is said.

just breathe easily and take this 3-13 season as easily as you can.

better days
08-18-2010, 06:12 PM
I remember a few years back, Manning got into it big time with his center Jeff Saturday. He was in his face and pissed off about something. I really don't remember what he was pissed off about, but a couple series later, him and Saturday were smiling on the sidelines and being buddies.

I have never seen any emotion like that out of Trent. It gets me thinking that maybe he just doesn't give a crap about football. Pay attention to him this next game, see if he ever gets mad, or gets in anyone's face, or if he yells at anybody. Nope, you'll just see him slap his hands together like aww shucks.

Go look at the list of Super Bowl QBs, and tell me who out of this bunch is as laid back as Trent.

http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbquarterbacks.htm

I get what you are saying. I have heard Trent in enough interviews. When he talks about golf he seems to have a passion that is missing when he talks about football.

VeggieMan14
08-18-2010, 07:09 PM
maybe he is a psychopath and is unable of showing emotions

BillsWin
08-18-2010, 07:39 PM
The only time I've ever seen him play with heart was that win against San Diego.

Maybe Denver. You can argue Oakland and KC in 2008, but we should have never had to come back against Oakland.

KC was interesting because it seemed like he was just having a good time.

Not anymore. The guy is a schmuck. I'm sick of watching, "pat the ball, pat the ball, check down. pat the ball, pat the ball, check down."

At least Losman made sucking exciting. Every once in a while that blind squirrel found a nut.

Edwards has been more of a ******ed squirrel since that hit by Adrian Wilson.

Novacane
08-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I'll worry about him completing an accurate pass longer than 10 yards before I worry about his "fire."

One step at a time.

I agree. It's one step at a time. First thing they first need to do get him to attempt a pass over 10 yards.

better days
08-18-2010, 10:11 PM
The only time I've ever seen him play with heart was that win against San Diego.

Maybe Denver. You can argue Oakland and KC in 2008, but we should have never had to come back against Oakland.

KC was interesting because it seemed like he was just having a good time.

Not anymore. The guy is a schmuck. I'm sick of watching, "pat the ball, pat the ball, check down. pat the ball, pat the ball, check down."

At least Losman made sucking exciting. Every once in a while that blind squirrel found a nut.

Edwards has been more of a ******ed squirrel since that hit by Adrian Wilson.

Yeah, even Fitz makes sucking exciting compared to Trent.

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 07:27 AM
So all we need is a guy like Jim McMahon who goes around head butting teammates and wearing unapproved attire on the field to get fined!

Theismann, Plunkett, Rypien, Warner, Dilfer - just to name a quick handful never got in the face of teammates.

And Joe Montana was extremely laid back.

You don't need to shout and rip someones head off to be successful.
All those guys you mentioned got in the faces of team mates. Warner got in coaches faces even.

If you don't have competitive edge you can't play any sport. Trent is not a competitor IMO. He just tries not to fail.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2010, 07:33 AM
On some level, your QB needs to be a leader. Trent is not a leader.

DMBcrew36
08-19-2010, 08:08 AM
On some level, your QB needs to be a leader. Trent is not a leader.

It's hard to be a leader when you don't perform on Sundays

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 08:35 AM
I agree that Edwards has not demonstarted the kind of leadership that should come from the starting QB.

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 09:46 AM
All those guys you mentioned got in the faces of team mates. Warner got in coaches faces even.

whats Trent gonna say?

" Get with the program ya, turds. Run further than 10 yards, ya ain't seein the dang ball!!!!!"

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 10:01 AM
whats Trent gonna say?

" Get with the program ya, turds. Run further than 10 yards, ya ain't seein the dang ball!!!!!"
That's the point, he can't lead because he can't lead by example. His game is as lame as his leadership. They go hand in hand.

How can he expect anything of anyone else when he can't make standard NFL throws?

starrymessenger
08-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Being a starting quarterback in the NFL is not just something you do in addition to playing golf...its something you need to live with every fibre - whether you get into people's faces or not, and if you mean to be successfull (the game is just too competitive for anyone to be "casually, laid back great"). Trent does not appear to have the right mindset/makeup.