PDA

View Full Version : Zone Realists Club

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 01:28 AM
The exclusive club for those of us posters here who realistically understand the work and time that Nix and Gailey have to put in the turn this team around in any way.

Yea Nix and Gailey are to blame. But blame the coordinators and players too.

Seeing a miracle from these guys in their first 5 weeks (and ENTIRE OFFSEASON...) shouldn't be an expectation.

These things take time.

Who's in.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-11-2010, 01:32 AM
dude they resigned chris kelsay, they took a luxury pick in spiller and then dont use him, their 3rd round pick isnt even dressing for games, they signed cornell green who is horrible, they had all offseason to evaluate edwards and didnt cut him in the offseason, troup is getting pushed around, when they could have taken cody... dude wake up, the team is not changing....................

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 01:35 AM
"Dude"

Get out of my thread

NOT THE DUDE...
10-11-2010, 01:37 AM
"Dude"

Get out of my thread

your living in a dream world man...

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 01:39 AM
And you don't understand the purpose of this thread.

It's not about supporting or not supporting what they've done thus far.

But understanding that it takes time to find the right chemistry with certain players in certain positions and to put the pieces in the right places.

Crisis
10-11-2010, 02:23 AM
what exactly have you seen out of nix/gailey that gives you hope for the future?

G Wolly
10-11-2010, 02:29 AM
what exactly have you seen out of nix/gailey that gives you hope for the future?

My understanding that a team like this can't be turned around in a few months.

Ingtar33
10-11-2010, 03:12 AM

no... and i don't think anyone is saying we should be a superbowl winning team this year or next... frankly you have to expect a step back sometimes... but this isn't a step back, and they've done a whole lot to make the situation worse.

I'm sorry... i simply don't agree with you. Good FA signings, plus a solid draft, and even with the change in schemes a new coach brings and your step back shouldn't look too bad. in some cases it might even be a step forward if you're particularly good at your jobs...

This was a 7-9 team for 2 years... then a 6-10 team last year.

I fully expected Gailey, a coach who i had no expectations nor a particularly good feeling about to end up within 1 win, plus or minus of that cluster***** of a season last year. We won't do it. There is no way on gods green earth we pull out 5 wins in the last 11 games.

We won't do it. This team didn't take a step back, it collapsed completely.

This was not part of some plan of Gailey and Nix... this is a direct result of their incompetence. Now... if they're smart, they might fix this mess given a few years. But what has given anyone the faith they even have a clue of how to fix this?

I'm sorry... if this team goes 0-16... or 1-15 you simply have to fire the HC and GM.

Novacane
10-11-2010, 03:55 AM

That is not an answer to his question. What have you seen of them so far to give you reason to believe they will turn it around?

SquishDaFish
10-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Im in. I still think they have work to do getting rid of some trash and trying to get some new players to play their system.

Yasgur's Farm
10-11-2010, 05:34 AM
I'm in as well. I expect the Bills to find a groove by the end of season and finish strong.

Historian
10-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Then maybe you guys should call yourselves The Dream Team...

YardRat
10-11-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm holding off on jumping on the '****can Nix and Gailey' bandwagon until I see what they do this off season. If at this point they admit they overestimated the talent on the team when they took over and their ability to turn this thing around in the midst of switching philosophies and schemes on both sides of the ball and react accordingly then I'm OK waiting to see where it goes.

They've made some mistakes, no doubt, and from a timing standpoint this is the absolute worst scenario to attempt to upgrade talent with FA's (no CBA this season, possible lock-out next season) but they need to make a more concerted effort to acquire better players from this point on.

Don't Panic
10-11-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm in... it won't be Gailey that gets us there, but I think Nix can get it right. Green was a stop-gap signing and the Kelsay extension was ill-advised, but the Spiller pick was the right pick and I think we'll get some quality out of this class in the long run. The last four years have been an attempt at the same while hoping for a better result. Nix won't admit it, but he knew this was going to be a transitional bottoming out year. We all did. The goal for this team should be to get back to .500 next year and then work towards the playoffs the following year. If we are 0-4 this time next year, then you can start the burnings at the stake.

billsfanryan
10-11-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm holding off on jumping on the '****can Nix and Gailey' bandwagon until I see what they do this off season. If at this point they admit they overestimated the talent on the team when they took over and their ability to turn this thing around in the midst of switching philosophies and schemes on both sides of the ball and react accordingly then I'm OK waiting to see where it goes.

They've made some mistakes, no doubt, and from a timing standpoint this is the absolute worst scenario to attempt to upgrade talent with FA's (no CBA this season, possible lock-out next season) but they need to make a more concerted effort to acquire better players from this point on.
I share these feelings as well. However, if we match the lions and go 0-16 someone has to be fired.

Nix and Gailey were definitely over confident in their abilities to a flaw. They couldn't see what they needed to see. They wanted to be fair to their players and give them a chance. During the parts of my game that worked on the illegal stream i found, one of the announcers while talking about Trent said "he is a workout warrior and played well in camp and preseason, but the minute the real lights go on he shys away"

This should've been evaluated in his game tape from before, however wasn't.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2010, 07:07 AM
The exclusive club for those of us posters here who realistically understand the work and time that Nix and Gailey have to put in the turn this team around in any way.

Seeing a miracle from these guys in their first 5 weeks (and ENTIRE OFFSEASON...) shouldn't be an expectation.

These things take time.

Who's in.
I'm a realist.
Coaches change, product stays the same.
It must be the players.
I blame the people doing the drafting. Nothing is going to change until the drafts start producing.

ChristopherWalken
10-11-2010, 07:50 AM
The reality of it all is that you can't build a team through the draft by reaching for mediocre players. Spiller might be the exception, but the Bills did not have any business drafting him when the OL looks like the way it does.

Then, while everyone and their Grandmother's Mother know that the QB position is in dire straits, the Bills pass on guys like Clausen (twice), McCoy (three times), Skelton (five times) and Pike (six times). Yes, thankfully they didn't reach for Tebow in round 1, but if the Bills had forked over the picks to pull him and Spiller both in the first round and then opened the pocket book W I D E for decent FA OL, then this offense is suddenly much different than it looks today.

Defense: I think all of us felt that it would be a loooong bit of progression switching to the 3-4, yet found it necessary to finally abandon the lousy Cover-2 ****e.

Well, once again, it comes down to level of talent of the player and not just the scheme. They grabbed a couple more mediocre LBs, played chess the entire off season with a non-3-4 DE and lost (Schobel), and added no one to the defense that would help aide in transitioning from one scheme to the other.

George Edwards might...might be a decent coach, but how could anyone work miracles with this piece meal junk squad?

Getting back to the topic of this thread and realism....

The reality of it all is that this crew, the crew that makes player and personnel decisions, and the crew evaluating the level of talent on this team, had ample opportunity to prove that it was on track for turning this team around. Thus far, they've proved unfit for service. This mess starts in the FO.

And if they can't get that portion of it right, it doesn't matter what the players and the coaches do on the field, in the end it's all going to end up stinking in a massive heaping pile.

The reality is that this team has hit rock bottom. I'm not sure this crew knows enough to fish it out and find a winning combination. This is looking more and more like another half decade of inefficiency.

ddaryl
10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
hearing the same ***** everyday from the same handful of posters ad nauseam is becoming unbearable

Buckets
10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Im in. I still think they have work to do getting rid of some trash and trying to get some new players to play their system.

THEY are responsible for bringing in some of this TRASH and holding on to others.

DMBcrew36
10-11-2010, 08:47 AM
I lost all faith and hope that Nix and Gailey might be 'different' when they re-signed Kelsay with that deal.

Bills73
10-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Sure it takes time, and there better be some better play down the stretch.
See Cleveland 2009.

If our young players are not doing anything by the end of the season there has to be concern over what Nix and Gailey are doing. By that time everyone will be screaming for this team to lose out.

Novacane
10-11-2010, 09:49 AM
hearing the same ***** everyday from the same handful of posters ad nauseam is becoming unbearable

If it's so unbearable stop reading the threads :up:

ddaryl
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
If it's so unbearable stop reading the threads :up:

I would accept that's all anyone posts right now is the exact same ***** every single day..

How about if you don;t have anythign positive to say you don't post... That would work too. Do you or anyone else really have to post what everyone knows already every single ******* day.

I'm laughing at the mentallity that thanks a poster for being a regular *****. Yay! I hate my team, lets spend all of our free time talking about how sucky it is and how sucky everything is and how sucky things will be until this that or the other thing changes, suck, hate, suck hate, suck, hate suck suck suck...

If your miserable with the team walk away , give it a rest.

Crisis
10-11-2010, 01:21 PM
it's a bills forum what are we supposed to talk about?

10 years no playoffs, 0-5

better days
10-11-2010, 01:24 PM
The reality of it all is that you can't build a team through the draft by reaching for mediocre players. Spiller might be the exception, but the Bills did not have any business drafting him when the OL looks like the way it does.

Then, while everyone and their Grandmother's Mother know that the QB position is in dire straits, the Bills pass on guys like Clausen (twice), McCoy (three times), Skelton (five times) and Pike (six times). Yes, thankfully they didn't reach for Tebow in round 1, but if the Bills had forked over the picks to pull him and Spiller both in the first round and then opened the pocket book W I D E for decent FA OL, then this offense is suddenly much different than it looks today.

Defense: I think all of us felt that it would be a loooong bit of progression switching to the 3-4, yet found it necessary to finally abandon the lousy Cover-2 ****e.

Well, once again, it comes down to level of talent of the player and not just the scheme. They grabbed a couple more mediocre LBs, played chess the entire off season with a non-3-4 DE and lost (Schobel), and added no one to the defense that would help aide in transitioning from one scheme to the other.

George Edwards might...might be a decent coach, but how could anyone work miracles with this piece meal junk squad?

Getting back to the topic of this thread and realism....

The reality of it all is that this crew, the crew that makes player and personnel decisions, and the crew evaluating the level of talent on this team, had ample opportunity to prove that it was on track for turning this team around. Thus far, they've proved unfit for service. This mess starts in the FO.

And if they can't get that portion of it right, it doesn't matter what the players and the coaches do on the field, in the end it's all going to end up stinking in a massive heaping pile.

The reality is that this team has hit rock bottom. I'm not sure this crew knows enough to fish it out and find a winning combination. This is looking more and more like another half decade of inefficiency.
You said yourself you can't build with mediocre players. Then you want them to draft a mediocre QB?

Thank God they passed on all the QB's you named especially Clausen. Had they taken one of them, then you would have been looking at another decade of mediocrity.

The Bills will pick a much better QB in the next draft than all of them, along with an OT or two.

Nix & Gailey have a plan & they told EVERYONE it would take more than a year to fix this team.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 01:43 PM
dude they resigned chris kelsay, they took a luxury pick in spiller and then dont use him, their 3rd round pick isnt even dressing for games, they signed cornell green who is horrible, they had all offseason to evaluate edwards and didnt cut him in the offseason, troup is getting pushed around, when they could have taken cody... dude wake up, the team is not changing....................

Game. Set. Match. Amazing how these pom pom waving types think. :yawn:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 01:45 PM
no... and i don't think anyone is saying we should be a superbowl winning team this year or next... frankly you have to expect a step back sometimes... but this isn't a step back, and they've done a whole lot to make the situation worse.

I'm sorry... i simply don't agree with you. Good FA signings, plus a solid draft, and even with the change in schemes a new coach brings and your step back shouldn't look too bad. in some cases it might even be a step forward if you're particularly good at your jobs...

This was a 7-9 team for 2 years... then a 6-10 team last year.

I fully expected Gailey, a coach who i had no expectations nor a particularly good feeling about to end up within 1 win, plus or minus of that cluster***** of a season last year. We won't do it. There is no way on gods green earth we pull out 5 wins in the last 11 games.

We won't do it. This team didn't take a step back, it collapsed completely.

This was not part of some plan of Gailey and Nix... this is a direct result of their incompetence. Now... if they're smart, they might fix this mess given a few years. But what has given anyone the faith they even have a clue of how to fix this?

I'm sorry... if this team goes 0-16... or 1-15 you simply have to fire the HC and GM.

Game. Set. Match. Nicely stated.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 01:50 PM

These things take time.

Who's in.

Well Wolly, besides you I see only one other cheerleader type who has signed up for your "Can't See the Forest through All Those Trees" Club. LOL.

Prov401
10-11-2010, 01:56 PM
We are not going to finish strong. Are some of you serious?

Vikings, Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens, Bears... There ya go. Tack on another 7 practically gaurenteed losses.

The Browns, Lions, Bengals, and KC aren't going to roll over either.

This team is lucky to win 3 games this year. Gailey was a terrible choice for a HC. Nix was a safe, cheap choice for a GM. We need to draft big, badass m f'ers that break through O-Lines and rips the QB's head off. We need to draft linebackers that are strong, mean, and fast WITHOUT history of injuries. We need to draft a franchise QB, and find a number 1 receiver. We're fine with the number 2 (Evans), but we need a home run number 1 target.

All of this needed to happen BEFORE the season started. Instead, we got Spiller who participates in 7 plays throughout the game. Troupe who is overmatched and average at best. Carrington who isn't even playing. Moats who is injured. Brown who shouldn't even be playing for the UFL. Wang who plays absolutely insanely high and will never be anything but a backup in his career. We drafted a ton of depth this year. Pathetic. Nix and Gailey have no clue what they are doing.

EDIT: And WTF is Youboty and McCargo still doing here!?

EDS
10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
You said yourself you can't build with mediocre players. Then you want them to draft a mediocre QB?

Thank God they passed on all the QB's you named especially Clausen. Had they taken one of them, then you would have been looking at another decade of mediocrity.

The Bills will pick a much better QB in the next draft than all of them, along with an OT or two.

Nix & Gailey have a plan & they told EVERYONE it would take more than a year to fix this team.

What exactly is Nix and Gailey's plan?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 02:01 PM
We are not going to finish strong. Are some of you serious?

Vikings, Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens, Bears... There ya go. Tack on another 7 practically gaurenteed losses.

The Browns, Lions, Bengals, and KC aren't going to roll over either.

This team is lucky to win 3 games this year. Gailey was a terrible choice for a HC. Nix was a safe, cheap choice for a GM. We need to draft big, badass m f'ers that break through O-Lines and rips the QB's head off. We need to draft linebackers that are strong, mean, and fast WITHOUT history of injuries. We need to draft franchise QB, and find a number 1 receiver. We're fine with the number 2 (Evans), but we need a home run number 1 target.

All of this needed to happen BEFORE the season started. Instead, we got Spiller who participates in 7 plays throughout the game. Troupe who is overmatched and average at best. Carrington who isn't even playing. Moats who is injured. Brown who shouldn't even be playing for the UFL. Wang he plays absolutely insanely high and will never be anything but a backup in his career. We drafted a ton of depth this year. Pathetic. Nix and Gailey have no clue what they are doing.

EDIT: And WTF is Youboty and McCargo still doing here!?

Do I take it from your response that you will not be joining this silly "Zone Realist Club"? LOL. :surf:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 02:01 PM

To draft gadget running backs in the first round of course. :sarcasm2:

billz83
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
u know what a lotta fans are sick and tired of are the koolaid drinkin pieces of **** that make excuses for these incompetent clowns..we have been rebuilding for over a decade now..we CANT draft, we WONT sign good FA because ralph wilson is a worthless cheap SOB, and we CAN NOT "develop players, etc, etc, etc...fans need to stop making excuses for the ******ed incompetence going on in this organization! Give it time...hahahaha SAME EXACT STORY about every 3 years...groundhogz day all over again...the SECOND nix resigned Kelsay and then tried to give it the bill o reilly spin job, he made it EXTREMELY EVIDENT NOTHING has changed and they are in fact a buncha yes men for old man wilson..so my suggestions to the koolaid drinkerz is WAKE THE F*** UP! stop with the BS excuse "we need more time" another "3 years" haha PATHETIC!

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
let switch this website to the red hat club zone. it's very similar to a bunch of old ladies *****ing. what a bunch of *****es.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
let switch this website to the red hat club zone. it's very similar to a bunch of old ladies *****ing. what a bunch of *****es.

Ten years of losing, starting over - again - and staring down the gun sights of an 0 - 16 season. Yeah, we're gonna *****. You can do cartwheels over this mess if you like, but patience has run out for most of us.

The Gailey/Nix thing has given us yet more despair if that was even possible.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 05:38 PM
no one is doing cart wheels ******* but we realize that fixing this team was not going to be easy and it's not going to be fixed in one year. i know most of you guys thought that this team was going to the playoff this year just because dick jauron wasn't coaching. get over the hump guys.....i am just as pissed off and disheartened as you guys but it's doesn't help coming on here and crying a box of tissues away. it's just an annoyance to us who come on here and expect to read something worthwhile or discuss something that matters.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
no one is doing cart wheels ******* but we realize that fixing this team was not going to be easy and it's not going to be fixed in one year. i know most of you guys thought that this team was going to the playoff this year just because dick jauron wasn't coaching. get over the hump guys.....i am just as pissed off and disheartened as you guys but it's doesn't help coming on here and crying a box of tissues away. it's just an annoyance to us who come on here and expect to read something worthwhile or discuss something that matters.

Who said anything about the playoffs this season all-knowing one? Gailey is proving to be worse than Jauron. Yeah, there is just so much "worthwhile" matters to discuss when the team is now 0-5...and fading fast.

I, like most others around here, have every intention of continuing to call 'em like I see 'em. Sorry if this "annoys" you. Losing year after year and hiring a weak coach and having an idiot who ignores our most gaping holes in the roster in the offseason has sent many us over the edge. Sheesh.

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
you're a ****ing newbie that has done nothing but shovel **** around here since you joined this website. suck a fart.

better days
10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
To draft gadget running backs in the first round of course. :sarcasm2:

Well, in hindsight it is apparent the Bills planned to move Lynch all along. Jackson is a 30 year old RB with limited skills.

That makes Spiller not only the BEST player available, but also a player at a need position.

That was a GREAT draft pick. The MEDIOCRE Clausen would have been a TERRIBLE pick.

better days
10-11-2010, 07:46 PM

If you are a Bills fan you should know it without me telling you.

It is to build the team through the draft. Resign players the Bills do draft rather than sign expensive free agents from other teams.

He also said to anyone listening that it will take more than a year to fix this team.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Then maybe you guys should call yourselves The Dream Team...

Great movie!

BertSquirtgum
10-11-2010, 09:46 PM
the wet dream team. i like it.......... :snicker2:

mikemac2001
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Atleast we scored vs jets in the first half

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
i think we know who the Realists are around here. we don't have to start a thread to prove it either. :rolleyes:

Bangarang
10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Man, some of you are going to look real foolish when we become a respectable organization again!

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Man, some of you are going to look real foolish when we become a respectable organization again!

getting rid of the owner would be a good start.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
and Billy Buffalo too. the Bills haven't made the playoffs since he existed.

Philagape
10-12-2010, 05:28 PM

I'll gladly trade looking foolish then for the Bills looking foolish for a decade.

Mad Max
10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Great movie!

Greatest team of all time.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/1004/hof.dreamteam/images/6.jpg