PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad we lost

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm glad to see that we played tough and hung with a good team, showed that we could, and still lost.

This season is done for, we're not going to the playoffs. So there's no better time to have a terrible record and get the high draft picks. Why stay mediocre year after year? Hit rock bottom this year record-wise, and get some talent to go with our newly found heart to win games. Better days will come.

DMBcrew36
11-29-2010, 09:21 AM
People will **** on you and call you a loser, but I agree.

I want the games to be entertaining and close, but I think high draft picks this coming Spring are vitally important if this franchise is ever going to turn around.

Jan Reimers
11-29-2010, 09:29 AM
I always want to win, and then draft the best defensive players we can with whatever picks we have.

hydro
11-29-2010, 09:33 AM
I always want to win, and then draft the best defensive players we can with whatever picks we have.
Most people want the Bills to win just like you. This is just a coping mechanism for some of us.

Bangarang
11-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Here's the problem with that wanting to lose theory. The only real game changer, in my opinion, that warrants such a high draft pick is Luck. Now, we don't even know if he's declaring and it doesn't look like we'd have the worst record in the league to even pick him.

I want to win. A top 5 draft pick does not guarantee you a playoff birth. I would much rather see this team have a winning mentality and find ways to win.

bf1
11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm not glad we lost. Never am. But I'm not upset over it.

psubills62
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
I want the team to win period. If they lose and happen to get better draft position, so be it.

However, at this point, even from a drafting perspective I want them to win. If we're not getting Luck, then I'd really rather not given 60-70 million to a decent defensive player that may or may not be good. As DB has said several times, the real value in this draft is in the mid to late first round. I'd prefer to draft in the 8-10 slot, which is possible because there are a good number of crappy teams out there.

Figster
11-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Most people want the Bills win just like you. This is just a coping mechanism for some of us.

I agree, as painful as the the loss was, knowing we are helping ourselves in the draft does make it a little less painful.

The league is going to be voting on extending the season by two games. In my opinion they should opt to have a playoff format for the lower tier of the NFL to set the draft order instead. The winner of the lower tier playoffs gets the 1st pick, runner up 2nd and so on. It would increase fan support towards the end of the season for struggling and middle of the road football teams.

Why reward someone for poor management, coaching and execution out on the playing field?

Why send a top prospect like Andrew Luck to a failing organization so it decreases his chances to one day win a championship?

What we need in this League is a Toilet Bowl Championship...

better days
11-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Here's the problem with that wanting to lose theory. The only real game changer, in my opinion, that warrants such a high draft pick is Luck. Now, we don't even know if he's declaring and it doesn't look like we'd have the worst record in the league to even pick him.

I want to win. A top 5 draft pick does not guarantee you a playoff birth. I would much rather see this team have a winning mentality and find ways to win.

Well the Bills won't pick 1st, but the higher they pick the better........& not just rnd 1, but every rnd of the draft.

I would have loved to see a win, but will take consolation in the fact the Bills may be a better team in the future because of it.

justasportsfan
11-29-2010, 10:10 AM
never glad to lose especially losing in that fashion. Way too many heartbreaks but it's become a normal thing that it doesn't bother me anymore. If we win , great. If we lose, its expected anyways. for this season, ONLY.

HAMMER
11-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Losers

RockStar36
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Normally I might see logic in this, but not this week. This was against Pittsburgh, I wanted this win so bad. And now I'm sitting in hell. Pittsburgh hell.

DMBcrew36
11-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Normally I might see logic in this, but not this week. This was against Pittsburgh, I wanted this win so bad. And now I'm sitting in hell. Pittsburgh hell.

I feel this way about the Patriots.

RockStar36
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
I feel this way about the Patriots.

Unless you live in or just outside of Boston, I doubt it's the same.

jamze132
11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm glad to see that we played tough and hung with a good team, showed that we could, and still lost.

This season is done for, we're not going to the playoffs. So there's no better time to have a terrible record and get the high draft picks. Why stay mediocre year after year? Hit rock bottom this year record-wise, and get some talent to go with our newly found heart to win games. Better days will come.
IMO this type of thought is ******ed. Regardless of the record or the implications, I always cheer for a Bills win. How can anyone who calls himself a fan WANT the Bills to lose? Dumb. You don't need a "high" draft pick to get some talent. You just need good talent evaluators and their job has nothing to do with the team's record.

I can't believe anyone who claims to be a Buffalo Bills fan WANTS them to lose. Unreal.

jamze132
11-29-2010, 11:35 AM
How can some of you in this thread WANT the Bills to lose???

MikeInRoch
11-29-2010, 11:41 AM
It really is this simple. If you want the team to lose, you aren't a fan.

Figster
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Living in PA myself RockStar, I feel your pain...:op: (at least I'm not in Pittsburgh though)

RockStar36
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
At the end of losses, I do take a little satisfaction in knowing that it will result in a higher pick. It helps me deal with the nine (and counting) losses so far this season. But there hasn't been one time between the hours of 1 and 4 that I've actively wanted the Bills to lose. No way.

AustinTransplant
11-29-2010, 12:09 PM
I want them to win! Losing for draft position is complete bull****.

1. Look at all the top teams in the league, most of them have been drafting late for a long time and they are still good and in the playoffs. Its about picking the right guys and coaching. We are a perfect example. Coming into the season everyone wrote off our players, "we have no talent". Maybe, but these coaches have them playing outside there abilities. We are not winning but we will be there soon.

2. Example of poor drafting no matter where you pick in the draft. Maybin Vs. Mathews. Enough said.

We need to win now! We need to get this team back to being relevant. The sooner we start winning the quicker we can build on it. LOSING for a top draft pick doesn't cut it for me. I am very happy with this team these past 5-6 weeks. I see the fight and the relentlessness and it makes me cheer for them more.

I have always been a Bills fan, no matter the players or the coaches, but this year its different. The way these guys fight and compete and there class, I would love them no matter what colors they were wearing on Sundays.

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I want the Bills to win. I was jumping up and down in joy when I thought Stevie caught the ball. I was upset when they lost.

But the consolation is that we keep our bad record and a high pick. Just so I don't completely want to kill myself.

Figster
11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
At the end of losses, I do take a little satisfaction in knowing that it will result in a higher pick. It helps me deal with the nine (and counting) losses so far this season. But there hasn't been one time between the hours of 1 and 4 that I've actively wanted the Bills to lose. No way.

I look at each and every game as a challenge and in knowing what it means to the players and coaches to come out of it with a victory (and myself) its impossible to hope for a loss,

no way, I just can't do it,

The mindset of fans actually wanting to lose (I don't blame them) is a big part of why I think a playoff should be held for the lower tier of the league to establish a pecking order in the draft.

HAMMER
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
I want the Bills to win. I was jumping up and down in joy when I thought Stevie caught the ball. I was upset when they lost.

But the consolation is that we keep our bad record and a high pick. Just so I don't completely want to kill myself.

"I'm glad we lost" doesn't quite compute with the first paragraph above. Which is it?

YardRat
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
I can never be happy with a loss, and a better draft position is a piss-poor excuse for trying to rationalize it.

Check out the Wall of Fame when you can, and note how many names up there were drafted in the top 5 picks of the first round.

X-Era
11-29-2010, 06:21 PM

This season is done for, we're not going to the playoffs. So there's no better time to have a terrible record and get the high draft picks. Why stay mediocre year after year? Hit rock bottom this year record-wise, and get some talent to go with our newly found heart to win games. Better days will come.Better days are ahead, I believe that. Do I want the top pick and the freedom to draft whomever we want? Yes. Will I root for big wins? Yes. But do I think losing position in the draft could make a big difference in whom we get? Yes.

I can't root for us to lose, but I can root for other teams to win. Go Carolina!

jamze132
11-30-2010, 04:17 AM
:sigh:

Drafting high isn't going to change anything. Rarely does a top 5 pick from each class turn out to be the best of that class anyways. Draft is a crapshoot, everyone knows that. Yes, statistically speaking you can better project those top draftees, but it't not fool proof.

And as far as I'm concerned, there is one constant in OBDs draft decisions outside of Ralph, and thats Modrak. Maybe he's the probem we keep taking 1st RD busts.

X-Era
11-30-2010, 06:12 AM
:sigh:

Drafting high isn't going to change anything. Rarely does a top 5 pick from each class turn out to be the best of that class anyways. Draft is a crapshoot, everyone knows that. Yes, statistically speaking you can better project those top draftees, but it't not fool proof.

And as far as I'm concerned, there is one constant in OBDs draft decisions outside of Ralph, and thats Modrak. Maybe he's the probem we keep taking 1st RD busts.I understand what you mean and can agree that there is no guarantee with the draft.

But were not talking about the Bills taking some action to give us the top pick. No one is saying we should purposely lose, at least not me. The losses are happening because we arent that good yet.

And so if our losses end up giving us the top pick, so be it.

Rooting for the top pick is simply finding a positive way to spin losses. That's not the same as rooting for losses. And if we don't get it, we will still be in position to get a very good looking prospect. Whether we make the right pick or not is another matter as you alluded to.

don137
11-30-2010, 06:52 AM
I will not critcize the fans that want a better pick and is holding out hope the Bills can be in position to draft Luck. Just a different way to approach things...All I know is I would feel a lot better today if they won.

elltrain22
11-30-2010, 07:11 AM
The Detroit Lions have had a high draft pick for 567 years in a row, and yet, every year, they are 3-13 or 2-14.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Most people want the Bills to win just like you. This is just a coping mechanism for some of us.
I have a coping mechanism: Alcohol.

tampabay25690
11-30-2010, 08:12 AM

Miyagi I like what you post normally.....:boom:
BUT I have to say this is by far your WORST post ever......SORRY.....

WINNING brings positive attitude throughout the locker room and the community. LOSING just to get a better draft pick is plain on STUPID......

This team hasn't quit and to be honest if we were playing like this all season I think we win more then 5 games already....

There is only positive that comes out of winning...
If you want to see them lose post on your fridge instead......
Sorry I hate when people say we should just lose...........

We as Bills fans need to change our attitude about losing too becasue Im sick in tired of this every year too.....

GO BILLS......

tampabay25690
11-30-2010, 08:14 AM
It really is this simple. If you want the team to lose, you aren't a fan.

I agree with you 100%%%.
Worst THREAD of the year IMO....

Extremebillsfan247
11-30-2010, 09:32 AM
I think wins at this point in the year are some what of a bonus but don't really matter as far as chances at a postseason etc. However, lol even if you find your core players from this group to build around, which is essentially what Gailey is doing, the team also needs to learn how to win games like that Pittsburgh one. The loss is a good training tool for Gailey because now he gets to teach the young players how to put a game like that behind them. This entire season is all about finding your guys, training them through adversity, and seeing who rises to the top. A win doesn't bother me, neither does losing right now because I know where this team is talent wise, and where its heading. Whether we win or lose from here on out this year, there will be better days ahead. JMO

ddaryl
11-30-2010, 09:41 AM

I would have loved to beat Pitt. but the blessing in disguise is were not going to the playoffs and draft position is a good thing no matter what the counter argument is

Bottom line is some players are starting to make plays. We can build upon this

Mr. Miyagi
11-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Being able to see the bright side of a loss does not equate to wanting the team to lose or rooting for a loss.

No more crucifying me please. :(

better days
11-30-2010, 12:22 PM
The Detroit Lions have had a high draft pick for 567 years in a row, and yet, every year, they are 3-13 or 2-14.

Yeah, but they had Millen running the show for much of that time. They made a big improvement with the last draft & should again this year as well.

tampabay25690
11-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Being able to see the bright side of a loss does not equate to wanting the team to lose or rooting for a loss.

Miyagi your still 1 of my favs on here..................:cheers:

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2010, 07:16 PM

i'm sure you understand why people are assuming you want them to lose. your thread says "i'm glad we lost"

X-Era
11-30-2010, 07:23 PM

No more crucifying me please. :(Exactly.