PDA

View Full Version : '10 Draft

kingJofNYC
12-26-2010, 03:20 PM
So far the '10 draft, outside of Moats, is a colossal failure.

Spiller better pull a McFadden, because he looks worse every week. The more touches he gets the more he coughs it up.

Troup was a reach, another **** up.

Carrington hasn't had the reps, but there's a reason for that.

For all the bluster from Nix & Co, how we needed to draft players that can immediately contribute, our first three picks have failed in pretty spectacular fashion, doubly so when you consider the available talent at each pick.

Edit: Just hope these guys have a good/great '11, or it's going to be another long year.

Nighthawk
12-26-2010, 03:21 PM
All I have to say is that they better change their philosophy on only building through the draft because we need to start filling some holes with proven veterans who are elite talents. They clearly have not had success with their first draft.

ServoBillieves
12-26-2010, 03:31 PM
These guys are all immediate busts because we lost today and it's their first year.

TacklingDummy
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I have faith in the new regime.

I almost could type that with a straight face.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 03:37 PM
I have faith in the new regime.

I almost could type that with a straight face.

what does Nix say (or is it Gailey)...show me the baby

no more passes for these boneheads running the show

Raptor
12-26-2010, 03:47 PM
lolololol silliness

BillsWin
12-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Meh. I think I'll give the class another season before flipping out. Spiller has potential to be a homerun hit and I think his talent alone should excite people for next year.

Troup and Carrington have at the very least seen some work on the field. Try saying that about the rest of our draft classes this decade.

Easley and Batten looked like future stars in training camp.

Moats is contributing.

I'll give them some more time.

Unlike the majority of the Bills' population, one loss to a clearly superior opponent doesn't send me into a tizzy.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Meh. I think I'll give the class another season before flipping out. Spiller has potential to be a homerun hit and I think his talent alone should excite people for next year.

Troup and Carrington have at the very least seen some work on the field. Try saying that about the rest of our draft classes this decade.

Easley and Batten looked like future stars in training camp.

Moats is contributing.

I'll give them some more time.

Unlike the majority of the Bills' population, one loss to a clearly superior opponent doesn't send me into a tizzy.

not too many would get worked up over ONE loss...FIFTEEN straight though...

MikeInRoch
12-26-2010, 04:12 PM
So far the '10 draft, outside of Moats, is a colossal failure.

Spiller better pull a McFadden, because he looks worse every week. The more touches he gets the more he coughs it up.

Troup was a reach, another **** up.

Carrington hasn't had the reps, but there's a reason for that.

For all the bluster from Nix & Co, how we needed to draft players that can immediately contribute, our first three picks have failed in pretty spectacular fashion, doubly so when you consider the available talent at each pick.

Edit: Just hope these guys have a good/great '11, or it's going to be another long year.

Judging the draft after a single year is extremely stupid. But I expect no less from a lot of people here.

Mr. Pink
12-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Judging the draft after a single year is extremely stupid. But I expect no less from a lot of people here.

Because people on here have been so wrong on a draft after a year, hell right after it occurred in many instance, before right?

Ingtar33
12-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Because people on here have been so wrong on a draft after a year, hell right after it occurred in many instance, before right?

lol... good point... the way the bills draft you can pretty much declare a draft a bust the minute it ends... and be right in 2 - 3 - 5 even 10years down the road.

just by playing the percentages i'd say the doomsayers are batting pretty good right now.

dannyek71
12-26-2010, 09:22 PM
I said it on draft day. This was the worst draft we'll have in years. And that is saying quite a bit.

I have little faith in Nix. People claim he is such a draft genius. Byrd was great last year, Wood and Levitre are all decent. Outside of that, how has he been a genius? How has he even been average?

ServoBillieves
12-27-2010, 01:43 AM
I said it on draft day. This was the worst draft we'll have in years. And that is saying quite a bit.

I have little faith in Nix. People claim he is such a draft genius. Byrd was great last year, Wood and Levitre are all decent. Outside of that, how has he been a genius? How has he even been average?

Eric Flowers, Travaris Tillman, Corey Moore, Avion Black, Sammy Morris, Leif Larsen, Drew Haddad, Dashon Polk?

Maybe Tom Smith, John Parrella, Russ Copeland, Mike Devlin, Sebastian Savage, Corbin Lacina, Willie Harris ,Chris Luneberg,

If you think this draft is worse than that... then damn, that's a bad draft.

Should I resort to the 05 draft? Possibly the 07?

NOT THE DUDE...
12-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Eric Flowers, Travaris Tillman, Corey Moore, Avion Black, Sammy Morris, Leif Larsen, Drew Haddad, Dashon Polk?

Maybe Tom Smith, John Parrella, Russ Copeland, Mike Devlin, Sebastian Savage, Corbin Lacina, Willie Harris ,Chris Luneberg,

02 /04/ 08 were disgusting

better days
12-27-2010, 08:17 AM

John Parrella was drafted in the 2nd rnd & was a good pick. The Bills made a mistake letting him go. He had a very good career, playing 8 years for the Chargers & 2 with the Raiders.

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Spiller become a good player. He just hasn't had the touches. You can see the skill, just hasn't translated yet.

Troupe is behind Williams on the depth chart. Hard for him to get on the field regularly but I wouldn't call him a bust yet.

Carrington is getting some playing time and hasn't looked horrible...

Easley looked great in PS.

Wang Hasn't shown anything

Moats has really surprised!

Batten Looked good in PS

Brown hasn't been given opportunity

All in all I find it hard to call this class a bust at this point. As with every draft we need to give it another year or two to decide. I could see it being another bust but it does have potential to be solid.

EDS
12-27-2010, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Spiller become a good player. He just hasn't had the touches. You can see the skill, just hasn't translated yet.

Troupe is behind Williams on the depth chart. Hard for him to get on the field regularly but I wouldn't call him a bust yet.

Carrington is getting some playing time and hasn't looked horrible...

Easley looked great in PS.

Wang Hasn't shown anything

Moats has really surprised!

Batten Looked good in PS

Brown hasn't been given opportunity

All in all I find it hard to call this class a bust at this point. As with every draft we need to give it another year or two to decide. I could see it being another bust but it does have potential to be solid.

I agree that it is too early to call the class a "bust." That said, I do not think it is unreasonable to expect more production from a rookie class on a team which is thin in talent and clearly rebuilding going into the season.

Spiller is obviously the most disappointing, as RB is a position which you can get production from rookies fairly easily. The fact that he can't hold on to the football is definitely a cause for concern. Fred Jackson is solid, but there is more than enough room to get Spiller carries.

Night Train
12-27-2010, 08:15 PM
These guys are all immediate busts because we lost today and it's their first year.

:rofl: how true.

We'll know a lot more about many of them next year when many of the overpaid current pretenders are playing somewhere else or shaking my hand at Wal-Mart. They'll have to play.

ServoBillieves
12-27-2010, 08:37 PM
John Parrella was drafted in the 2nd rnd & was a good pick. The Bills made a mistake letting him go. He had a very good career, playing 8 years for the Chargers & 2 with the Raiders.

I'll admit where I've made a mistake, and I forgot Parrella went to the Chargers after us... For some reason he fell off the grid for me after he wasn't a Bill anymore.

The rest of those players (aside from maybe Sammy Morris) were just horrendous.

tampabay25690
12-27-2010, 09:43 PM
OMG
We have no idea what this class wil do for a few years,
Give it time.