PDA

View Full Version : Brohm Hype Buyer No more

BuffaloBlitz83
01-02-2011, 04:43 PM
He is done and out of equation. That was pathetic! I wanted him to start over Fitz too. Yikes. Neither is answer but Brohm is further than any QB on team. Brown had some zip on his passes. WE NEED TO DRAFT A QB. But I doubt Brohm makes the team next year.

YardRat
01-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Kind of disappointed in Brohm's performance myself. The offensive line certainly didn't help any, but it didn't appear that he had any command of the game whatsoever. Looked like he's severely lacking in the mental department.

Philagape
01-02-2011, 04:45 PM
In three years in the NFL Brian Brohm has still never led any offense to a single touchdown, regular season or preseason.

Jaybird
01-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Double B is not the answer! He played against back ups (especially at the corner position) and couldn't move the ball.

We know see why we were able to grab him for nothing from the Pack

SeatownBillsFan21
01-02-2011, 04:55 PM
In three years in the NFL Brian Brohm has still never led any offense to a single touchdown, regular season or preseason.

Wow thats not very good at all...well at least we got what we needed a Loss.

kingJofNYC
01-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I never had him in the equation, but to be fair that offensive gameplan, our OL specifically, was atrocious. He never had a shot.

mikemac2001
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I never had him in the equation, but to be fair that offensive gameplan, our OL specifically, was atrocious. He never had a shot.

Bad overall but ya he was bad

Buffalogic
01-02-2011, 05:07 PM
He's one weak thrower..No zip on the ball at all. Every pass I was waiting for it to be under cut and intercepted.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Brohm is horrible. It's either Fitzy or a new draftee next year. I feel we should focus on Defense at the top of the draft and go with Fitzy next year. This team is still bad. We need to put the pieces in place first before any young QB was to step in.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Maybe he needs to try another league. It worked wonders for Tommy Maddox, a man in a similar situation.

BillsFever21
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
There is a reason why after being a 2nd round pick he couldn't even make the roster as a 3rd string backup and was on the practice squad with Green Bay.

You would have to be showing nothing at all to at least not make the roster as a 3rd string QB after being a 2nd round pick.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
There is a reason why after being a 2nd round pick he couldn't even make the roster as a 3rd string backup and was on the practice squad with Green Bay.

You would have to be showing nothing at all to at least not make the roster as a 3rd string QB after being a 2nd round pick.
Which is my question. How do you go from being a top pro prospect pretty much his entire playing career-- even as far back as high school-- and then end up as bad of a player as Brohm has become the moment you're drafted? What is missing? What did he have in college that disappeared when he went pro?

Demon
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
He is done and out of equation. That was pathetic! I wanted him to start over Fitz too. Yikes. Neither is answer but Brohm is further than any QB on team. Brown had some zip on his passes. WE NEED TO DRAFT A QB. But I doubt Brohm makes the team next year.

I wanted Brohm over Fitz too before the season and i was wrong. The guy is a giant bum. Cut him loose.

Mr. Pink
01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
The only people who hyped Brohm up were the fans who wanted someone behind Center not named Edwards or Fitzpatrick.

There was no other reason for Brohm to have any hype because he certainly never showed anything on an NFL field.

Mahdi
01-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Would things have been different if Stevie didn't fumble? Brohm was looking good early.

Honestly, Brohm has skills, but he took a pounding today.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Brohm sucks and has a weak ass arm.

The King
01-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Im so glad this happened... so many people on here were blindly supporting this kid. He has zero mental ability to play this game... I want to see him off this team period.

OpIv37
01-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Brohm is horrible. It's either Fitzy or a new draftee next year. I feel we should focus on Defense at the top of the draft and go with Fitzy next year. This team is still bad. We need to put the pieces in place first before any young QB was to step in.
The really sad part is that I made the same argument to defend not grabbing a QB last off-season. Here we are a year later and we STILL don't have the pieces in place for a QB.

Pinkerton Security
01-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Watching Brohm after weeks of watching Fitz is like night and day, and actually also reinforced in my mind that I think Fitz is a viable starting option...either that or Brohm was just that bad. I've been anxious to see what Brohm could do but I'm no longer remotely interested after watching him suck terribly in what was essentially a group of subs.

Mahdi
01-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Brohm sucks and has a weak ass arm.
Weak arm? What are you talking about. Brohm has great zip on his passes.

Mahdi
01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Im so glad this happened... so many people on here were blindly supporting this kid. He has zero mental ability to play this game... I want to see him off this team period.
Yeah heard similar comments with regards to Fitz and Stevie. Brohm has skills, skills don't matter when blitzers are coming untouched in your face all day.

seanbillsfan
01-03-2011, 08:51 AM
That big pass to Stevie was a beautiful throw, til no-hands coughed it up. After that it was all downhill. He had no time to throw and he was getting crushed out there.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Brohm has no Arm strength.

better days
01-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Brohm has no Arm strength.

If you think Brohm has no arm strength then you really don't want Luck.

DraftBoy
01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah heard similar comments with regards to Fitz and Stevie. Brohm has skills, skills don't matter when blitzers are coming untouched in your face all day.

The good QB's make defenses stop blitzing them. Its not his throwing ability or arm strength that is his issue. He doesnt read well pre-snap and he doesnt go through his progressions well enough. He had all day to throw at Louisville in college, he'll never have that in the pros and he's never adjusted.

Blame the OL, blame the drops, blame whatever it is, but until this kid learns to mental aspects of really playing QB, he'll never be anything more than a 2nd-3rd QB.

Physically he has tools, mentally he looks lost.

justasportsfan
01-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Brohm was in over his head. HIs lack of experience showed . The game was too fast for him to even make a reaction.

BillsFever21
01-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Which is my question. How do you go from being a top pro prospect pretty much his entire playing career-- even as far back as high school-- and then end up as bad of a player as Brohm has become the moment you're drafted? What is missing? What did he have in college that disappeared when he went pro?

A lot of players and QB's just do not pan out in the NFL and/or their games don't translate into the league. Look at all the Top 5-10 and 1st round picks that were completely horrible.

It wasn't coaching in GB that stalled his development. McCarthy can groom QB's and have a good system for them also.

BillsFever21
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Like Draftboy said, alot of playing QB is reading the defense pre-snap and making the necessary adjustments. You don't see Fitzpatrick under pressure like that all the time and he is just an average to above average QB at best. He is smart though and can make the adjustments or audible into a better play pre-snap. Plus what is even worse is that Brohm was mainly going up against the Jets backups. If the QB can't beat the blitz then the defense won't stop blitzing.

I know Brohm hasn't had a ton of game time experience but he is in his 3rd year in the league and 2nd year on the team. He should be showing more then that. Especially in a league geared towards the offense and QB's.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-04-2011, 05:13 PM
It wasn't coaching in GB that stalled his development. McCarthy can groom QB's and have a good system for them also.
In all fairness, they didn't really give Brian all that much time. One season as a backup and then he was demoted to the practice squad. While I still believe his whole situation was grossly mishandled by the Packers, it's becoming evident why they did so.