PDA

View Full Version : Quick note on the Run D.......

BidsJr
09-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Rewatched the game this morning and by my calculations 8 carries for 62yards came against the backup D-Line. Charles other 20 yarder came on a missed tackle by Barnett.

So the starting D-Line gave up 46 total yards on 10 carries (4.6 ypc), with one of them being a 22 yarder on a missed tackle by Barnett.

Hopefully they can pick up where they left off on Sunday.

justasportsfan
09-16-2011, 10:40 AM
The Raiders OL is bigger than Kansas .Troup is not 100% and that worries me in terms of rotation. We need to stop the run and force Campbell to beat us with their banged up wr's

WeAreArthurMoates
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
The Raiders OL is bigger than Kansas .Troup is not 100% and that worries me in terms of rotation. We need to stop the run and force Campbell to beat us with their banged up wr's

The raiders tackles, and center are worse than KC.

ServoBillieves
09-16-2011, 11:51 AM
From what I remember of Monfay night (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) I saw a lot of mauling and some desperation pulls/holds by their O-line, most overlooked by blatant penalties all around. Rough line play could fire up Dareus, Williams and Edwards, and I see a Lights Out off the edge if their tackles move that slow on Sunday.

streetkings01
09-16-2011, 03:20 PM
The Raiders OL is bigger than Kansas .Troup is not 100% and that worries me in terms of rotation. We need to stop the run and force Campbell to beat us with their banged up wr'sBigger doesn't mean better. The Bills had the biggest oline in the NFL in 2007 & 2008 and still sucked ass. They lost Gallery and starting a 2nd year LT..........they ran over the Broncos who went from a 3-4 defense last year to John Fox's 4-3 this year. The Raiders are one dimensional.......you stop the run you stop them.

justasportsfan
09-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Bigger doesn't mean better.
after seeing your avatar ,I agree.

Oaf
09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Rewatched the game this morning and by my calculations 8 carries for 62yards came against the backup D-Line. Charles other 20 yarder came on a missed tackle by Barnett.

So the starting D-Line gave up 46 total yards on 10 carries (4.6 ypc), with one of them being a 22 yarder on a missed tackle by Barnett.

Hopefully they can pick up where they left off on Sunday.
It's not like carries against the rotation dline don't count.

ferg2butler
09-16-2011, 04:29 PM
It's not like carries against the rotation dline don't count.

Most of them they were running at Carrington, It looked like they were picking on him, he wasn't getting of his blocks on the edge and they went inside him. I saw it in the preseason too

Goobylal
09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
The difference is that the Chefs had the threat of a passing game, what with a stud like Bowe and a decent receiver opposite him in Breaston. The Raiders have nothing of note.

YardRat
09-16-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm worried about the Raider o-line taking out one of our d-linemen or LBers out with a chop/cut block.

ddaryl
09-16-2011, 07:01 PM

Troup is out .... Heards in.

Oaf
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Troup is out .... Heards in.
No big D. Heard is fine. Picking on Carrington is something I could see happening. maybe that's why Spencer Johnson got some reps out there this week.

Extremebillsfan247
09-16-2011, 07:42 PM
The Raiders OL is bigger than Kansas .Troup is not 100% and that worries me in terms of rotation. We need to stop the run and force Campbell to beat us with their banged up wr'sWhat separates KC from Oakland though is that KC has a better receiving game, and a better QB. Bills can stack the box against the Raiders which is something they couldn't do against KC. McFadden potentially could have an even worse game than Charles did. JMO

Meathead
09-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Monfay night (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)
:eb:

TigerJ
09-17-2011, 02:17 PM
The Raiders OL is bigger than Kansas .Troup is not 100% and that worries me in terms of rotation. We need to stop the run and force Campbell to beat us with their banged up wr'sI understand. Oakland may not have the skill, but all that beef can wear down an opponent if you don't have the horses to keep rotating people in. Kellen Heard will need to be part of the rotation. Since Oakland is his old team, that may give him a little extra motivation to do well, and he's certainly big enough. Fortuantely both Williams and Dareus have something of a reputation for durability and endurance, though with Dareus it's at the college level..