PDA

View Full Version : Still no respect

northernbillfan
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I know it's only a small portion of a long season, but I still see signs of lack of respect for the team.

Sportscasters saying, "Maybe the Mayans were right, the world is ending soon."

Texts from friends saying, "Enjoy it while it lasts." or "Don't worry, the real Buffalo will show up soon."

Sports radio talk show hosts, "I can't believe what's happening in Buffalo. Is this for real?"

Do you think Detroit fans are putting up with this crap too?

Joe Fo Sho
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
**** em, I don't want respect. I hope we get disrepected all the way to the playoffs. This team seems to have a chip on it's shoulder, I want it to stay there.

DraftBoy
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
I know it's only a small portion of a long season, but I still see signs of lack of respect for the team.

Texts from friends saying, "Enjoy it while it lasts." or "Don't worry, the real Buffalo will show up soon."

Sports radio talk show hosts, "I can't believe what's happening in Buffalo. Is this for real?"

Respect is earned over time and success, neither of which we have shown consistently.

Wait till seasons end before we start looking for this.

Forward_Lateral
09-27-2011, 11:19 AM
I live close to Detroit, and they are much like Bills fans. A lot of them are going over board and saying they'll win the division, and a lot of them are still expecting the usual Lions collapse.
There are a few that remain optimistic, but not overly, and realize that it's a long way to go.
The media here loves the Lions, and really aren't hating on them. Detroit sports fans are unlike any other fans in the world.

Cntrygal
09-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I heard one talking head mention our 5-1 start... only to melt down. So, I really don't expect the majority of people to really start taking Buffalo seriously until after our Bye. Which is fine with me, as long as they show our highlights. :D

psubills62
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I think nbf is right...as is DB. While respect is earned over time, it doesn't seem the Lions are putting up with this stuff. Mainly because respect is also earned if you're the object of preconceived notions that finally manage to become true. It's simply because people have been predicting Detroit's resurgence for a couple years now. Since it's happening, it's as if it was expected, thus they get the respect they've earned.

Us on the other hand? Since it wasn't expected, we still need to "prove ourselves." Even though the teams we've beaten are overall a better group than what Detroit has beaten...

better days
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM

No doubt Detroit fans are putting up with this too. I did hear Marshall Faulk admit he was wrong about the Bills which is a HUGE amount of respect coming from him.

Oaf
09-27-2011, 11:23 AM
I live close to Detroit, and they are much like Bills fans.

Detroit sports fans are unlike any other fans in the world.

:question:

G Wolly
09-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Respect is earned over time and success, neither of which we have shown consistently.

Wait till seasons end before we start looking for this.

This.

My friend was *****ing to me about us getting no credit for blowing out KC in Week 1.

I told him a similar thing. We've won 3 games in a row. Given the Pats win is one of the hugest in some time, but we're gonna have to do more than this, and keep doing it consistently before we become league-relevant again, instead of the lower level pee-ons.

ddaryl
09-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Hate to say it but this team is poised to make a run for it all in 2012.... Unfortunately the world is scheduled to end on 12-21-2012. :nervous:

Maybe we can get the world to push back that Schedule to February 10 or so 2012... That would work for me.

northernbillfan
09-27-2011, 11:38 AM
I know it will take a while before the team gains media respect. I was hoping for some from friends. Maybe a comment or two like "Wow, you've waited a long time to see a team that looks good. It must feel good."

Of course if I had a question or comment like that, I'd say, they will let me down soon enough, because that's what I'm used to.

DraftBoy
09-27-2011, 11:48 AM
I know it will take a while before the team gains media respect. I was hoping for some from friends. Maybe a comment or two like "Wow, you've waited a long time to see a team that looks good. It must feel good."

Of course if I had a question or comment like that, I'd say, they will let me down soon enough, because that's what I'm used to.

As I told the Giants fan at the bar on Sunday before kickoff as he prayed over his meal "Throw one in for the Bills to, they are gonna need it".

better days
09-27-2011, 11:53 AM
As I told the Giants fan at the bar on Sunday before kickoff as he prayed over his meal "Throw one in for the Bills to, they are gonna need it".

I'm surprised to hear that, I didn't think you were a believer.

psubills62
09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
He's not...but he may have converted after the Bills and Giants both won :up:

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Who cares about some lip service respect? I want W's. The rest will come.

SabreEleven
09-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't want respect, I want wins.

Boomstick
09-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Hate to say it but this team is poised to make a run for it all in 2012.... Unfortunately the world is scheduled to end on 12-21-2012. :nervous:

Maybe we can get the world to push back that Schedule to February 10 or so 2012... That would work for me.

The world won't end in 2012! Come on Marty McFly went to 2015, so we're cool. lol

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I hope people keep hating, it's good fodder for the team.

I hope they keep winning, because it's ****ing fun.

I respect our guys.

Forward_Lateral
09-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Mad Max
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
I heard one talking head mention our 5-1 start... only to melt down. So, I really don't expect the majority of people to really start taking Buffalo seriously until after our Bye. Which is fine with me, as long as they show our highlights. :D

That to me is a welcome by product of success, EXPONENTIALLY more Bills coverage. Sure nice to hear endless accolades, and analysis of the Bills rather than the usual Pastie/Colt/Steeler/Packer lovefest.

justasportsfan
09-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Don't want praises. I just want results.

DraftBoy
09-27-2011, 02:08 PM

A believer in what?

better days
09-27-2011, 03:41 PM
A believer in what?

You don't know??????? GOD, The Power of Prayer.

Mad Bomber
09-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I heard one talking head mention our 5-1 start... only to melt down. So, I really don't expect the majority of people to really start taking Buffalo seriously until after our Bye. Which is fine with me, as long as they show our highlights. :D Exactly. I don't care if we get respect, other than it makes it a LOT more fun to watch and listen to the national media and get to see LOTS of highlights. I've watched more Sportscenter than ever this season.

What I care about is results, i.e. WINS.

That said, I love the attitude of this team. They work hard, believe in the system and the coaches, and don't appear to have let it go to their heads. In Freddy's post game presser, he mentioned over and over that "we still have a lot of work to do." Also, Chan said that "we need to learn to deal with prosperity. That's the next step." That implies a plan, and the building of a winning culture. This organization is getting a taste of winning, and the statements made after the Pats* game by Jackson, Chan, Kyle, George Wilson, etc. really make me believe that the Bills coaching staff is building a culture and attitude that will EVOLVE this club into an upper echelon team.