X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

For The First Time This Season, The Bills Looked Clueless

And unprepared. They looked like they didn't know what the Jets were throwing at them, defensively. Outcoached, outplayed and out worked. Period.

Am I worried? No. I didn't expect the Bills to sweep the division, or go 14-2. They are still tied for 1st, and control their own destiny, for now.

Now, if the same thing happens in 2 weeks when they face the Jets again, we should be worried.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: For The First Time This Season, The Bills Looked Clueless

Sorry, in 3 weeks is what i meant.

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

I feel like we had no idea how to defend them or their run, as we've struggled with it previously.

I also have confidence that Chan will be able to pick apart our weak points and make sure it won't happen again 3 weeks from now.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

They looked like last year's team today.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

The Jets O really isn't what beat the Bills. It was their D. Freddy's fumble really turned the game completely in the Jets favor. Hats off to the Jets, they were more prepared than Buffalo, and it showed.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

we lost and we must move on....
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I disagree with how the defense played. I think the defense played a decent game but had been just on the field way too long. The offense left them hanging out there most of the game. Time of possesion tells the story.

IMO, the offense looked as flat as they had looked against Cincy. Fitz had the lathargic mopey thing going on and it showed in his passing (48.5% completions). Of course Donald Jones dropped his fair share of catches (again) and Gailey had some really bad play calls. I thought his preparation for this game was very piss poor.

Sure the defense could have played better but they were on th field for nearly 40 minutes of the entire football game.

The Bills offense has to better sustain drives.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Again, lack of a pass rush and lack of a deep passing game killed us.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• dog14787
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  And unprepared. They looked like they didn't know what the Jets were throwing at them, defensively. Outcoached, outplayed and out worked. Period.

Am I worried? No. I didn't expect the Bills to sweep the division, or go 14-2. They are still tied for 1st, and control their own destiny, for now.

Now, if the same thing happens in 2 weeks when they face the Jets again, we should be worried.
                  Out coached, outplayed, but Plaxico Burress is what broke the monkeys back in my opinion. I was hoping Burress would not return to original form he was in before he went away, but he is and the jets are a much better football team on Offense because of it.

Burress is still one of the best in the business in my opinion and If we want to beat the Jets a couple of weeks from now we need A Williams stuck on Plax like glue because he's probably the only DB physical enough to cover Burress effectively.
                  Last edited by Figster; 11-07-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    For The First Time This Season, The Bills Looked Clueless ... And unprepared. They looked like they didn't know what the Jets were throwing at them, defensively. Outcoached, outplayed and out worked. Period.

And strangely, teams and DCs now have some film of the new system.

Purely coincidental?

First three games the Bills averaged what, like 35 points, but last five they've averaged less than 20.

Coincidence? I don't think so.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

IMO Chan called a game that was too conservative. Last week against the Skins, on 3rd & 1 He calls a pass that went for a TD.

Sunday on 4th & inches he has Fitz hand the ball off to Jackson who was stuffed.

At the very least, he should have had Fitz keep the ball on a QB sneak, but that would have been the ideal time for a pass.
                      Last edited by better days; 11-07-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fletch
                        And strangely, teams and DCs now have some film of the new system.

Purely coincidental?

First three games the Bills averaged what, like 35 points, but last five they've averaged less than 20.

Coincidence? I don't think so.
                        Nope, they've averaged about 24-25 consistently in the last 4 before this jets game.

cincy - scored 20
                        Philly - scored 31
                        Giants - scored 24
                        Wash - scored 23

The bills left plays on teh field. they were scared all day to do anything imaginitive and asked freddie to win them the game. he couldn't do that. The bills didn't want to take a chance with their secondary. They wanted to run quick slants all day and didn't come up with an answer.

I thought the defense was good enough. you can't have burress through mckelvin down and go unflagged and then on the next drive have light contact on an uncatchable ball and throw the flag again. That was a 14 point swing in a game that was just a defensive battle up to that point.

The bills o wsn't going to do anything based on their gameplan, but neither were the jets until 3 TD are gift wrapped for them. Which incidently is more thanthe point differential.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

There were a few plays left out there in the 2nd half. In the first half, there was nothing. Fitz had nobody to throw to it seemed. it was frustrating to watch, hopefully they can get it together the next two weeks and build momentum into the rematch.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                            I disagree with how the defense played. I think the defense played a decent game but had been just on the field way too long. The offense left them hanging out there most of the game. Time of possesion tells the story.

IMO, the offense looked as flat as they had looked against Cincy. Fitz had the lathargic mopey thing going on and it showed in his passing (48.5% completions). Of course Donald Jones dropped his fair share of catches (again) and Gailey had some really bad play calls. I thought his preparation for this game was very piss poor.

Sure the defense could have played better but they were on th field for nearly 40 minutes of the entire football game.

The Bills offense has to better sustain drives.
                            Stop and think about the bolded part for a second. The Defense gave up a 10 minute drive IN THE FIRST QUARTER and an 8 minute drive.

That's not the offense's fault- that's the defense's fault for not being able to get off the field.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dog14787
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Stop and think about the bolded part for a second. The Defense gave up a 10 minute drive IN THE FIRST QUARTER and an 8 minute drive.

That's not the offense's fault- that's the defense's fault for not being able to get off the field.

then took the football away, (best in the NFL)

you actually think 3 points is going to win any football game? ( last TD was an after thought)

The Bills Offense could not sustain drives/score points and the Jets Offense, slowly, methodically did what they had to do to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X