PDA

View Full Version : Dareus on ESPN2 Monday night

YardRat
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/01/30/dareus-on-espn2-monday-night/

Bills DL Marcell Dareus will be featured in the ESPN series ‘Hey Rookie’ tonight (Monday) on ESPN2.

Dareus along with other members of the 2011 NFL draft class will be profiled in the program as film crews followed several of the rookies around during parts of their first NFL season. The program airs at 11 pm ET on ESPN2.

JCBills
01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
What a pick Dareus was.

The scout that said he "plays like a rolling ball of butcher knives" was dead on.

Dareus - Williams is a brutal duo the team has to use for the next few years.

Goobylal
01-30-2012, 05:47 PM
What a pick Dareus was.

The scout that said he "plays like a rolling ball of butcher knives" was dead on.

Dareus - Williams is a brutal duo the team has to use for the next few years.
Can't wait to see Williams playing at his healthiest as a pro. He and Dareus will be a nightmare for opposing OL's. Hopefully Merriman can return to health/stay healthy and provide another weapon to have to account for, but we can't count on it.

Cali512
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Sheppard, Barnett, Byrd, Williams, Wilson, Dareus, Williams CB, and hopefully a ok Merriman. On paper this may be a nice year with the 4-3

The Jokeman
01-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Sheppard, Barnett, Byrd, Williams, Wilson, Dareus, Williams CB, and hopefully a ok Merriman. On paper this may be a nice year with the 4-3
As far as I know at the NFL level Merriman has never played in a 4-3, anyone know if Aaron Schobel's in game shape yet?

Cali512
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
As far as I know at the NFL level Merriman has never played in a 4-3, anyone know if Aaron Schobel's in game shape yet?

I honestly dont think Merriman will do anything for us this year, but no matter what his name still is there. Merriman needs to retire and take over as a LB coach for us. He is a very good leader and the best thing he did for us last year was get us pumped before games.

The Jokeman
01-30-2012, 06:10 PM
I honestly dont think Merriman will do anything for us this year, but no matter what his name still is there. Merriman needs to retire and take over as a LB coach for us. He is a very good leader and the best thing he did for us last year was get us pumped before games.
I agree with you and feel he was pretty good at courting UFAs through twitter too but sadly on the field he's just a has been except that one preseason game.

Cali512
01-30-2012, 06:17 PM
I agree with you and feel he was pretty good at courting UFAs through twitter too but sadly on the field he's just a has been except that one preseason game.

Merriman needs to be used like Jason Taylor. We saw he still has juice left during pre season. But why is he ever in the game on running downs is beyond me. Maybe because we didnt have enough strength at OLB? Idk, but he needs to be in on 2nd and long plays and on 3rd and 5+. I could see him having a Anthony Carter/Jason Taylor season by just being a passing down player. He has alot you cant teach, and if hes still alive and has a contract, use him the best way. Assume hes not on the team and dont think of him as a piece of the puzzle, just a weapon we have. Him and spiller need to be properly used to get the most out of them.

Cali512
01-30-2012, 06:19 PM

And bout the twitter thing. I think Merriman and Florence have gotten better players to this team than Nix has.

tampabay25690
01-31-2012, 07:55 AM

Its funny how the players find out about the switch just like we do in the media.

There were tweets coming all over from Shepperd who seemed very excited, Troup, and Aaron Williams.

I will say Nick Barnett didn't seem thrilled.....Especially when the coach comes out and says Shepperd will man the middle.

This was a given they were going to go strictly 4-3.....
If Coples is there he will get snatched up real fast from Buffalo.....IMO

TigerJ
01-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Agree on Coples. Only problem is, a strong showing at the Senior Bowl by Coples has his draft stock rising, making it a longer shot that he's still available at #10.