PDA

View Full Version : Bills looking for pass rush help at NFL combine

YardRat
02-26-2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_nfl/bills-looking-for-pass-rush-help-at-nfl-combine

After getting carved up on defense in the last two years, and putting very little pressure on opposing quarterbacks, the Buffalo Bills defense is looking for a few good men--pass rushing men.

“We need defensive ends, we need pass rushers,” says Bills GM Buddy Nix. “We also need somebody who can set the edge as an end.”

Head Coach Chan Gailey has an idea of what he’s looking for.

“A more prototypical defensive end, as everybody knows about those guys,” he says. “But I’m not sure how far removed that is, from an outside backer. They are going to do the same things--they have to set the edge in the run, and they have to be able to rush the passer off the edge.”

That sounds like Marshall University pass rusher Vinny Curry, who had 23 sacks in his last two seasons of college football. He could last until the Bills pick in the second round. And Buffalo’s scouts loved his work at the Senior Bowl.

ddaryl
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I stand by my new assessment. the Bills will not draft a DE or OLB at #10

Value is later in the 1st for these positions, and nobody at the top really outshines the those at the bottom half of the 1st top of the 2nd

NOT THE DUDE...
02-26-2012, 12:06 PM
I stand by my new assessment. the Bills will not draft a DE or OLB at #10

Value is later in the 1st for these positions, and nobody at the top really outshines the those at the bottom half of the 1st top of the 2nd

i agree on this...

i think we take a ot or corner or maybe even a wr at 10.. and then 2 des in rds 2-3

Ed
02-26-2012, 12:16 PM
I think we get a starting DE in free agency. With what appears to be a somewhat weak passing rushing class that lacks depth, it would be foolish to just rely on this draft to improve our pass rush when that is our biggest need.

gonzo1105
02-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Love me some Vinny Curry in round 2 and I think he will be there for the Bills.

tampabay25690
02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
i agree on this...

i think we take a ot or corner or maybe even a wr at 10.. and then 2 des in rds 2-3

I said this exactly in another thread.

better days
02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Love me some Vinny Curry in round 2 and I think he will be there for the Bills.

I would love me some Curry in rnd two as well after Upshaw or Ingram in rnd one.

Mindbender
02-26-2012, 03:34 PM
It is sounding more and more that the pick at #10 won't be a DE. If I had to guess I'd say CB or Offensive lineman. Note I said lineman and not tackle. A David Decastro pick would not surprise me one bit. I would disagree with the pick but I don't hate it and it wouldn't surprise me. Thoughts?

NOT THE DUDE...
02-26-2012, 03:38 PM
It is sounding more and more that the pick at #10 won't be a DE. If I had to guess I'd say CB or Offensive lineman. Note I said lineman and not tackle. A David Decastro pick would not surprise me one bit. I would disagree with the pick but I don't hate it and it wouldn't surprise me. Thoughts?

no... we are solid as a rock inside... martin or kirk

Mindbender
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
no... we are solid as a rock inside... martin or kirk

Oh, I agree. But a few years ago we were rock solid at RB.

Jaybird
02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
claiborne anyone?? the guy makes play after play and beyond talented... Great athlete as we will see in the coming days... I look at a guy like patrick peterson and all he brings to the table... Morris can do the same for the bills.

DE is a must in free agency and the draft. Also, think we need to pick up a #2 WR (hoping SJ is resigned) in free agency

NOT THE DUDE...
02-26-2012, 09:12 PM
claiborne anyone?? the guy makes play after play and beyond talented... Great athlete as we will see in the coming days... I look at a guy like patrick peterson and all he brings to the table... Morris can do the same for the bills.

DE is a must in free agency and the draft. Also, think we need to pick up a #2 WR (hoping SJ is resigned) in free agency

to be honest, claiborne is badass... but i would rather have kirkpatrick... more swagger and toughness