PDA

View Full Version : RGIII and Buffalo???

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 06:44 AM
OK read into this all you want.
But this AM on Sirius NFL radio they were talking about all the scenarios for RG3.
Obviously, Wash, Cleve, Miami, Arizona, and the darkhorse team the Buffalo Bills.
Bob Pappa said do not be surprised to hear about Buffalo getting in the RGIII mix.
He is hearing that Buffalo and Chan Gailey are definitely looking at RGIII serious...

The way I look at it we want to See Peyton and Flynn get moved before the draft.
Reason being then only a few teams and less picks would have to be offered.

This makes sense because the Bills did want Cam last year but you know Carolina wasn't going to trade that pick. I would be great to hear Buffalo in the mix because RGIII in my opinion is a Franchise type QB.....

Bills have the $$ in FA spend the money and do what it takes to get RGIII...

Forward_Lateral
02-27-2012, 06:46 AM
If they do indeed Ditka the draft for RG III (which they'll likely have to do), they had better spend all of their cap space to improve the rest of the roster.

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 06:48 AM
If they do indeed Ditka the draft for RG III (which they'll likely have to do), they had better spend all of their cap space to improve the rest of the roster.

I agree with you.
I thought it was intereseting that they were saying the Bills with RG3

Mahdi
02-27-2012, 06:55 AM
I agree 100% and as I said in other posts the Bills would be INSANE not to explore every possibility to get this kid. He is a perfect fit for Gailey's system (or any system for that matter) and would turn Buffalo into an instant contender and National media target.

I would definitely trade this year's #10, next year's first rounder and our second rounder this year to make this happen. Maybe even next year's two as well as we will be fighting other teams for him.

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 07:03 AM
I agree 100% and as I said in other posts the Bills would be INSANE not to explore every possibility to get this kid. He is a perfect fit for Gailey's system (or any system for that matter) and would turn Buffalo into an instant contender and National media target.

I would definitely trade this year's #10, next year's first rounder and our second rounder this year to make this happen. Maybe even next year's two as well as we will be fighting other teams for him.

Hey I agree.
The Bills should do wahtever it takes...

Forward_Lateral
02-27-2012, 07:05 AM
This year and next year's first, along with this year's 2nd would be ridiculously cheap, especially with the rookie cap now. If St. Louis offered me that, and I was Buffalo's GM, I'd put them on hold, do a dance, pick the phone back up and say you got yourself a deal.

Only a moron would pass that trade up.

jamze132
02-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Well I wouldn't read into this much. Being #10 in the draft you have to look at everyone up there and we would be dumb not to look at him.

I can't see Nix throwing away next years draft to take RGIII this year, it's just not his style. Not to mention you would be paying 2 QBs to be the starter. A big decision about Fitz would be forthcoming.

Don't get your hopes up people, this one ain't happening.

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Well I wouldn't read into this much. Being #10 in the draft you have to look at everyone up there and we would be dumb not to look at him.

I can't see Nix throwing away next years draft to take RGIII this year, it's just not his style. Not to mention you would be paying 2 QBs to be the starter. A big decision about Fitz would be forthcoming.

Don't get your hopes up people, this one ain't happening.

RGIII salary will be peanuts with the new salary system for rookies.
You don't throw away a draft by getting a Franchsie type QB.
This year probably are 1st and 2nd possibly a 4th.
Next year 1st and probably 2nd.

This year would leave us 6 picks still?

Skooby
02-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I don't know why people think the Bills won't get this guy, is it the past 15 years of history or the way Ralph does business?

Night Train
02-27-2012, 07:31 AM
As teams lie about their draft day intentions, radio and draft people make up tall stories about " What they hear " to keep an audience.

Almost 2 months until the draft, which means each rumor will have 20 versions.

CleveSteve
02-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Currently, the reported Redskins offer is this year's #6, #39, #70 and next year's 1st.

I don't see how that beats the Browns' #4, #22, and #37 picks, especially given that the Rams will be able to get Blackmon or Kalil if they do buisness with the Browns, but it's unclear if the Browns will be willing to give up that much.

Unless Washington makes a serious investment in QB in Free Agency, I think it looks like a 2-horse race.

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2012, 08:35 AM
How much would they have to give up though to move to 2?

CleveSteve
02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
For Buffalo to move up, I think they'd have to give up a player. They just don't have the value of draft picks to compete. I'm not exactly sure on the valuation, but maybe the Rams would consider something like this and next year's 1st + Stevie Johnson?

Throne Logic
02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Do all of you feel that Buffalo is just one inexperienced player away from contending? I'm thinking that giving up 3 or 4 of our first-day picks over the next two years would be a bad move. As everyone knows, the draft is really a crap shoot. If you only hit on 50% of your picks, the best way to succeed is to get more picks.

Stick with Fritz. Use one or two of those first-day picks to give him an actual drafted receiver or two to work with. It's nice that we fhave so many over-achieving WR's, but Fritz could use a stud. Or a good TE.

Use the other picks to help fix the sorry defense. Every defensive position needs an upgrade or quality depth. Depth killed the Bills in 2011.

Albany,n.y.
02-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Here's what the Bills gave up in 1987 for Cornelius Bennett, the 2nd pick in the 1987 draft, as part of a 3 team trade: Greg Bell-a 1st round pick from 2 years earlier, 1st pick in 1988 & 1989 and a 2nd in 1989.
So, would you trade Spiller, 2012 & 2013 #1 & 2013 #2? I would.

X-Era
02-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Due diligence guys... that's all were doing here.

Mski
02-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Here's what the Bills gave up in 1987 for Cornelius Bennett, the 2nd pick in the 1987 draft, as part of a 3 team trade: Greg Bell-a 1st round pick from 2 years earlier, 1st pick in 1988 & 1989 and a 2nd in 1989.
So, would you trade Spiller, 2012 & 2013 #1 & 2013 #2? I would.get it done now!

RedEyE
02-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't think the Bills would move up very far on the draft board to snag him, but if he is there at 10, I think they will bite.

Gailey loves, loves, loves this style QB and RGIII would compliment his offensive scheme very well. I also don't think the Fitz contract deters them from signing the Baylor QB.

I'd be surprised if he drops to 10 overall but weirder things have happened in the draft.

HAMMER
02-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't think the Bills would move up very far on the draft board to snag him, but if he is there at 10, I think they will bite.

Gailey loves, loves, loves this style QB and RGIII would compliment his offensive scheme very well. I also don't think the Fitz contract deters them from signing the Baylor QB.

I'd be surprised if he drops to 10 overall but weirder things have happened in the draft.
Now I know why your screen name is RedEye, get off the dope!

Oaf
02-27-2012, 11:05 AM
A Spiller trade might make things interesting..

DBrown77
02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
driving up the price for Miami maybe? I think it's smoke and mirrors.

ServoBillieves
02-27-2012, 12:28 PM
So... Let me get this straight...

A team that has invested its future in Sam Bradford who can lead the team with more holes than an old wool sweater is going to draft a QB with the 2nd pick?

Ok... And now we have a team that the GM has said countless times that he wants to build through the draft is going to give up multiple high picks for 1 player that might go to a team who already has a franchise QB? Also didn't we just give a contract extension to a QB we all are in a love/hate relationship with?

If he falls like Brady Quinn, scoop him up absolutely at 10, but think of the teams motives before throwing picks away.

psubills62
02-27-2012, 01:12 PM
I said over a year ago that RGIII is a kid that Gailey would love for his system.

That said, we're just too far back and too hesitant to trade picks.

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Due diligence guys... that's all were doing here.

I figured I would see 100 different ideas thrown around about rumors and what have you.
Don't think they are rumors and Im just posting what I hear on a very valuable radio source and thats SIRIUS NFL radio....

Put it this way if the BILLS were not interested in RG3 then we have absolute idiots running this team......I can honestly say that I feel comfortable with Gailey and Nix doing there work with the draft.

LOL

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 01:59 PM

This might be the funniest thing I have read in months if RG3 is there at 10.......

If he is there past #2 I will be surprised.....
To me he has better upside then Luck....
And Luck and RG3 are the 2 best players BY FAR in this draft.

jamze132
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM

How in the hell would he make it past Cleveland, Washington, AND Miami?

Buffalo Thriller
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
I doubt it, however id love it!

CleveSteve
02-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Cleveland signs Flynn, Washington signs Manning, and Miami, under advice from a WCO coordinator to a WCO head coach says college WCO QB Tannehill is the answer.

If that happened, and Griffin is coming up, Buff wants to know if its worth it to compete with Seattle to trade up.

Mr. Pink
02-27-2012, 04:05 PM
If RGIII is still there at 4, a trade up with Cleveland would be a possibility.

Cleveland is a team with a lot of holes and as evidenced last year have no issue trading back for picks.

Could be a win win for both franchises.

Of course, the Bills would have to give up at least a 2nd or 3rd this year as well as next years 1st...and next years 1st is likely a top 15 pick.

RedEyE
02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
I never said he would be at 10. I merely suggested it's possible. Recognize the difference.

What I think is hilarious is all you knuckle heads that can't see a guy dropping on the board. It happens nearly every year. There's always at least 1 or 2 top 10 guys that fall out of prime contention.

HAMMER
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
I never said he would be at 10. I merely suggested it's possible. Recognize the difference.

What I think is hilarious is all you knuckle heads that can't see a guy dropping on the board. It happens nearly every year. There's always at least 1 or 2 top 10 guys that fall out of prime contention.

There's only one "knucklehead" in this thread and it's the one who contends RGIII could be there at 10. Unless he killed someone between now and the draft he will be gone no later than 4.

YardRat
02-27-2012, 04:57 PM
So, would you trade Spiller, 2012 & 2013 #1 & 2013 #2? I would.

Considering that the Bills already drafted Conlan, Bennett equaled an extra first round pick in in '87, so they essentially gave up one first, one second and a RB.

To answer the question, I would say Hell No.

CleveSteve
02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey, remember when Aaron Rodgers was going either #1 or #3 in the draft?

I'm not saying it's likely that Griffin falls to 10. It is extremely unlikely that he does. Or that he even falls to 7 where Buffalo could think about trading up. But it is important enough that if it does happen, you have a plan.

YardRat
02-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey, remember when Aaron Rodgers was going either #1 or #3 in the draft?

I'm not saying it's likely that Griffin falls to 10. It is extremely unlikely that he does. Or that he even falls to 7 where Buffalo could think about trading up. But it is important enough that if it does happen, you have a plan.

Please don't bring that up. If we hadn't traded our pick away for ****head JPL we could've drafted Rodgers ourselves.

He was rated a lot higher than he was drafted, though.

YardRat
02-27-2012, 05:14 PM
'Course, that was a real **** year for QB's too.

CleveSteve
02-27-2012, 05:15 PM
The Browns drafted Braylon Edwards... so I can sympathize.

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM

He won't

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 05:54 PM

Guys drop but not a LOCK top 5 guy........

tampabay25690
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM

If RG3 is there at #10 I will fly u down to Tampa and take u to the best restaurant in the area...

more cowbell
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
no chance

jamze132
02-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Cleveland signs Flynn, Washington signs Manning, and Miami, under advice from a WCO coordinator to a WCO head coach says college WCO QB Tannehill is the answer.

If that happened, and Griffin is coming up, Buff wants to know if its worth it to compete with Seattle to trade up.
If that scenario played out, I would pay you to get a hooker.

mrbojanglezs
02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
How much would they have to give up though to move to 2?

1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

jpdex12
02-27-2012, 09:47 PM

Now here's a man with logic...

Mike Sherman is with the Dolphins now and coached Tannehill last year. There's your connection! Don't be surprised to see Cleveland take Richardson then Poe with their first two picks and then a VERY solid WR in the second round and they just put up three of the best picks in the first two rounds! If Manning somehow ends up with a different team then there's a good chance its to one of the teams ahead of us in the draft and that leaves a few less teams willing to take RGIII. Anything is possible.

PTI
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I'd buy seasons and I live in Georgia if they got Griffin.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2012, 12:17 AM
The Browns drafted Braylon Edwards... so I can sympathize.

He was really good....for one season.

:rofl:

Night Train
02-28-2012, 05:25 AM
The longshot chance the Bills would risk all to go get RG3 is finding out the season ticket invoices aren't being returned. Combine that with all the talk about lifting blackouts, the Bills may be more worried about the actual gate than ever.

Most premium/club seat contracts expired this past year and renewel wasn't on their minds after another down year. I sat with many folks in a club this past season that stated they were done. Empty seats were already showing.

Marketing is king in small markets and the Bills may need a red herring like RG3 to sell tickets. Don't ignore that scenerio.

RedEyE
02-28-2012, 06:30 AM
There are a few individuals that need to refamiliarize themselves with the true definition of the word "if".

Is it likely that he falls to 10 - no. Is it possible? Yes it is. Ask Aaron Rogers if you don't beleive that.

Plain and simple, none of us here are draft experts. You wouldn't be posting here if you were. You do not know anymore than I do about who is getting drafted and when. But if it makes your pathetic little life better to believe that you do know more about it than the next message board guy, then so be it. Enjoy your cheap little thrill.

Its specific incidences such as these that has had this message board dropping in quality. And it's only a select few that have propelled it in that direction. This board use to be fun. It use to be a place where you could caome and discuss hypotheticals without being bashed and ridiculed by a few immature knuckle-headed-know-it-alls.

Very unfortunate.

tampabay25690
02-28-2012, 06:51 AM
1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

OK this is what St Louis wants in return

1st round this year
3rd round
5th round

1st round next year.

But that all depends on where you are in the 1st round this year.....

I think the Bills would have to give up 1st round this year, 2nd round this year and 5th round.

And 1st round next year to get RG3...............To me that is not a terrible price for a Franchise type QB....

That still leaves us with picks and $$ in Free agency...

HAMMER
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
There are a few individuals that need to refamiliarize themselves with the true definition of the word "if".

Is it likely that he falls to 10 - no. Is it possible? Yes it is. Ask Aaron Rogers if you don't beleive that.

Plain and simple, none of us here are draft experts. You wouldn't be posting here if you were. You do not know anymore than I do about who is getting drafted and when. But if it makes your pathetic little life better to believe that you do know more about it than the next message board guy, then so be it. Enjoy your cheap little thrill.

Its specific incidences such as these that has had this message board dropping in quality. And it's only a select few that have propelled it in that direction. This board use to be fun. It use to be a place where you could caome and discuss hypotheticals without being bashed and ridiculed by a few immature knuckle-headed-know-it-alls.

Very unfortunate.

Awwwwww....someone has their panties in a bunch. If you are going to propose ridiculous scenarios expect to get HAMMERed.

Mahdi
02-28-2012, 09:46 AM

Very unfortunate.
Ok obviously there is a million to one shot that RG3 could fall to #10 (or less) but that doesn't mean it makes any sense to even discuss that possibility.

RG3 is one of the top QB prospects to come out in years with Newton and Luck.

Also, you cannot compare RG3 to Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, that was not considered a strong QB class. Both QBs were being considered by very QB needy teams at the time and neither QB was considered to be a sure thing or big time prospect. It was simply a matter of Smith and Rodgers being the best QBs available in the draft.

Mahdi
02-28-2012, 09:52 AM

1st round this year
3rd round
5th round

1st round next year.

I think the Bills would have to give up 1st round this year, 2nd round this year and 5th round.

And 1st round next year to get RG3...............To me that is not a terrible price for a Franchise type QB....

Exactly.

We can do much worse with all those picks then pick up a prospect like RG3 who can make everyone around him a better player.

Imagine what he does for our OL, Spiller, Jackson, Stevie. He would even help our defense by keeping them off the field and putting points on the board.

IMO this is a no brainer. We have enough pieces on offense for RG3 to succeed. Defensively we have a solid middle from DT through to MLB and S. All we really need is a CB or two and a pass rusher which we can address through FA and the rest of our picks.

I say give them our 1,2 and 4 this year. 1 and 4 next year.

Leaves us with a 3,4,5,5,6,7,7... i think.

better days
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM

1st round this year
3rd round
5th round

1st round next year.

I would agree, BUT if the Browns want him, which I'm sure they do, they have more to offer the Rams to move up.

RedEyE
02-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Awwwwww....someone has their panties in a bunch. If you are going to propose ridiculous scenarios expect to get HAMMERed.

Hahahahaha! You are an absolute idiot. Hammered? WTF? Are you 12?

Good lord, I can't believe I even tried to defend my point with the likes of you. This will be the last bit of communication I have with you. Thanks for the laugh though.

tampabay25690
02-28-2012, 03:16 PM
I would agree, BUT if the Browns want him, which I'm sure they do, they have more to offer the Rams to move up.

Problem with the Browns is they need a RB now and a WR....
They may pass on RG3 work around McCoy and draft Blackmon, or Richardson now.

tampabay25690
02-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Hahahahaha! You are an absolute idiot. Hammered? WTF? Are you 12?

Good lord, I can't believe I even tried to defend my point with the likes of you. This will be the last bit of communication I have with you. Thanks for the laugh though.

Can't we all just get along???:help!: