PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't want Kuechly at#10

jamze132
04-13-2012, 01:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7797075/2012-nfl-draft-linebacker-luke-kuechly-tackles-every-challenge

Luke Kuechly (pronounced "Keek-ly") has been known for such fire since the day he became a freshman starter at Boston College, and it's even more attractive to NFL scouts as this year's draft approaches. Not only do they see a kid with a nonstop motor and the ability to tackle just about anything in his sights, but they realize Kuechly has all the necessary intangibles that teams desire in top draft prospects. From a sterling work ethic to a constant desire to improve his game, Kuechly has set himself apart from every other linebacker in this class. As defensive players go this year, he's as close to a sure thing as you'll find.

"This guy is as good a playmaker as I've seen," one AFC personnel director said. "He has a nose for the football, great instincts, and he's very productive. You can't block the guy because he recognizes plays so quickly and he's very quick to the ball. He'll get you 15 hits a game just because he's so good at beating people to the block points. He's like having a free runner on defense."

Plenty more on ESPN. Check it out.

djjimkelly
04-13-2012, 01:59 AM
im all for kuechly at 10 if buddy likes him

thenry20
04-13-2012, 03:17 AM
I wouldn't hate the pick. We do need a starting SLB. Having said that what I think our greatest need is a LT Whether throught the draft, trade or free agency, we need to protect Fitz's blind side.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 05:12 AM
Keuchley could be a major part of solidifying our LB corp which may end up being the weakness in our 4-3 defense. No, Id be fine with that pick. Did you catch the Sports Science on him? Quicker acceleration than Joe Haden and hits harder than Dwight Freeney.

YardRat
04-13-2012, 05:35 AM
I could live with Kuechly.

jamze132
04-13-2012, 05:46 AM
im all for kuechly at 10 if buddy likes him
**** that. I like him!

Night Train
04-13-2012, 06:04 AM
I wouldn't mind him at all. He can play inside or out and dominate.

It's just that we need a LT very badly. Reiff,Glenn,Massie, Martin. Very few choices and probably won't see much if any left, come the 2nd round.

But in the 2nd round you could see David, Wagner and a couple others who could start immediately at OLB.

Now you've filled 2 holes in the lineup. WR's,CB's,TE's etc. can be found anywhere through round 7.

tampabay25690
04-13-2012, 06:58 AM
ctually like the pick.
Just think what this would do for are defense....WOW

don137
04-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Kind of sounds like a Chris Spielman type of player. Who wouldn't want that?

clumping platelets
04-13-2012, 07:11 AM
It would not upset me if we took him at #10

I just want a player who proves his worth as a player taken #10 overall. OT, LB, CB, WR, DL.....position doesn't matter

better days
04-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Keuchley could be a major part of solidifying our LB corp which may end up being the weakness in our 4-3 defense. No, Id be fine with that pick. Did you catch the Sports Science on him? Quicker acceleration than Joe Haden and hits harder than Dwight Freeney.

If you replaced Joe Haden with Deion Sanders & Dwight Freeney with Ray Lewis, then I would be impressed.

Patti120
04-13-2012, 07:20 AM
If he's as good as advertised then he could really shine playing behind our D-Line.

DraftBoy
04-13-2012, 07:28 AM
He's a good MLB in a Cover 2 scheme, he's not a top ten prospect though.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Kind of sounds like a Chris Spielman type of player. Who wouldn't want that?People obsessed with finding the next Patrick Willis... I'd be happy to find the next Spielman.

Philagape
04-13-2012, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't mind him at all. He can play inside or out and dominate.

It's just that we need a LT very badly. Reiff,Glenn,Massie, Martin. Very few choices and probably won't see much if any left, come the 2nd round.

But in the 2nd round you could see David, Wagner and a couple others who could start immediately at OLB.

Now you've filled 2 holes in the lineup. WR's,CB's,TE's etc. can be found anywhere through round 7.

A hole isn't filled until the player becomes at least a long-term above-average starter at the position. In the first round, I want Pro Bowlers. The player has to be good enough. Therefore a prospect's worth depends entirely on your confidence that he can do that.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 07:42 AM
If you replaced Joe Haden with Deion Sanders & Dwight Freeney with Ray Lewis, then I would be impressed.If you had a LB with a combo of Deion Sanders and Ray Lewis you would be talking about the best LB ever... and probably a player who will never walk this earth.

gr8slayer
04-13-2012, 07:43 AM
I'd be more than happy to have him.

gr8slayer
04-13-2012, 07:45 AM
He's a good MLB in a Cover 2 scheme, he's not a top ten prospect though.
There aren't ten players in this draft that are "top ten prospects" in most drafts.

DraftBoy
04-13-2012, 07:47 AM
There aren't ten players in this draft that are "top ten prospects" in most drafts.

Don't care about most drafts, I care about this one and Kuechly isn't a top ten prospect in this draft let alone others.

gr8slayer
04-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Don't care about most drafts, I care about this one and Kuechly isn't a top ten prospect in this draft let alone others.
I disagree, people who say that all he can do is cover, didn't watch a lot of film on the guy.

wmoz11
04-13-2012, 07:50 AM
We just drafted a MLB and already have named him starter. Unless this kid can play OLB in a 4-3, which I don't see, then it's a waste of a pick.

better days
04-13-2012, 07:57 AM
If you had a LB with a combo of Deion Sanders and Ray Lewis you would be talking about the best LB ever... and probably a player who will never walk this earth.

Agreed, but a combo of those two would be impressive.

Haden & Freeney, not so much.

better days
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
We just drafted a MLB and already have named him starter. Unless this kid can play OLB in a 4-3, which I don't see, then it's a waste of a pick.

Well they say he can play outside. My question is how well can he play outside? Unless he would be an ELITE OLB, he is not worth the #10 pick.

jamze132
04-13-2012, 08:06 AM
****ing play him inside then, GAWD!

mysticsoto
04-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Seems like every year, people fall in love with someone that the media has hyped up extensively - regardless of whether they are right for us or not.

In the last few yrs people have wanted to draft FB Hillis, K Nugent, I mean the list goes on. LBs are NOT featured in Wanny's def. Not only would it be a waste, but we already have a decent MLB. We have much higher priorities on the Oline and getting a complimentary receiver to Stevie that's actually worth something. Even a CB...McGee can't stay healthy for a whole season anymore and neither are Drayton nor especially McKelvin capable of handling top WRs.

With a solid front 4 like we have now, our LBs will be alot less featured. and we can stand to get one later in the draft without having to sacrifice positions that are much more important.

YardRat
04-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Seems like every year, people fall in love with someone that the media has hyped up extensively - regardless of whether they are right for us or not.

In the last few yrs people have wanted to draft FB Hillis, K Nugent, I mean the list goes on. LBs are NOT featured in Wanny's def. Not only would it be a waste, but we already have a decent MLB. We have much higher priorities on the Oline and getting a complimentary receiver to Stevie that's actually worth something. Even a CB...McGee can't stay healthy for a whole season anymore and neither are Drayton nor especially McKelvin capable of handling top WRs.

With a solid front 4 like we have now, our LBs will be alot less featured. and we can stand to get one later in the draft without having to sacrifice positions that are much more important.

Bingo.

I believe in Wannstedt's three previous stints the team never used their first pick on a LBer, except for maybe one season when the team's first pick was a late second rounder.

DraftBoy
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
I disagree, people who say that all he can do is cover, didn't watch a lot of film on the guy.
I dont disagre, he's a phenomenal tackler as well. Quite possibly the most technically skilled tackler in the whole draft.

gr8slayer
04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
I dont disagre, he's a phenomenal tackler as well. Quite possibly the most technically skilled tackler in the whole draft.
And has the makings of a guy who can be that team leader type. So again, I fail to see how taking him at ten would be a reach? The guy can cover, he can tackle, he's smart, has the instincts you look for, he has the size, sound technique, etc...

ddaryl
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
we need LB's so I don't have a problem with that. Is he the BPA at #10 though ?

better days
04-13-2012, 08:51 AM
And has the makings of a guy who can be that team leader type. So again, I fail to see how taking him at ten would be a reach? The guy can cover, he can tackle, he's smart, has the instincts you look for, he has the size, sound technique, etc...

Sheppard was drafted in the 3rd rnd last year, not the 6th or 7th rnd. He played well at times last year & shows promise.

With all the holes on this team, I don't know why people want to draft for a hole that is not there.

And if you are talking about drafting best player available at #10 & not for need, Kuechly is not that guy.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Agreed, but a combo of those two would be impressive.

Haden & Freeney, not so much.So a LB'er with CB acceleration and the ability to hit harder than a pro-bowl DE (albeit a guy known for finesse rushing more than bull strength) is not impressive? No one is saying he's a instant pro-bowler because Sports Science took some data. But I do think the very good acceleration and hitting ability certainly sounds nice for a 4-3 LB'er who needs to cover a lot of ground and make 1 on 1 tackles.

I think his body of work speaks for itself. I'd be fine with Keuchley at 10.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Sheppard was drafted in the 3rd rnd last year, not the 6th or 7th rnd. He played well at times last year & shows promise.

With all the holes on this team, I don't know why people want to draft for a hole that is not there.

And if you are talking about drafting best player available at #10 & not for need, Kuechly is not that guy.How is there not a hole in our 4-3 LB corp? I'm not convinced on Shepp; Ill admit that. And I don't think Shepp has proven that he's all we need yet. So I look at a starting LB corp that has the following solid starters: Barnett.

Merriman can't be counted on to last a season
Shepp is still a question mark. We hope he will but he may not. He also may be a DE in this system.
Moats and Batten are situational or more strictly DE's in this system
Morrison barely played and has yet to show he's a solid starter in our system

And, Shepp was considered to be able to play both inside and outside as a SLB. Keuchley may be able to as well with his coverage ability.

better days
04-13-2012, 09:03 AM
So a LB'er with CB acceleration and the ability to hit harder than a pro-bowl DE (albeit a guy known for finesse rushing more than bull strength) is not impressive? No one is saying he's a instant pro-bowler because Sports Science took some data. But I do think the very good acceleration and hitting ability certainly sounds nice for a 4-3 LB'er who needs to cover a lot of ground and make 1 on 1 tackles.

I think his body of work speaks for itself. I'd be fine with Keuchley at 10.

Well, like I said before, the Bills don't need an ILB. If Kuechly had been compared to Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis, I would have been more impressed than a combo of Haden & Freeny. But I doubt Kuechly will ever be mentioned with those guys as the best.

The only reason to draft Keuchly IMO, would be if he was the next Lewis or Willis, but I have not heard anyone say that about him.

better days
04-13-2012, 09:06 AM
How is there not a hole in our 4-3 LB corp? I'm not convinced on Shepp; Ill admit that. And I don't think Shepp has proven that he's all we need yet. So I look at a starting LB corp that has the following solid starters: Barnett.

Merriman can't be counted on to last a season
Shepp is still a question mark. We hope he will but he may not. He also may be a DE in this system.
Moats and Batten are situational or more strictly DE's in this system
Morrison barely played and has yet to show he's a solid starter in our system

And, Shepp was considered to be able to play both inside and outside as a SLB. Keuchley may be able to as well with his coverage ability.

I would rather see the Bills draft the LB position later in the draft myself.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 09:08 AM

With a solid front 4 like we have now, our LBs will be alot less featured. and we can stand to get one later in the draft without having to sacrifice positions that are much more important.I agree with most of this.

But, I remember all too well how annoying our inability to stop 3rd down conversions were in the Tampa 2. Our seems were eaten alive. And even a fast pass rush can't prevent check down's in the flat or the passes to the TE in the seems all the time.

I think LB'ers with the ability to tackle in the open field and cover lots of ground will be very critical to our ability to successfully run the 4-3. Keuchley could be an assett.

I'm not saying I want him above a worthy LT or WR. I'd take Floyd over him but I might take him over Martin or Reiff.

BPA that fits a need. Yes, I think there is still a need. I want a dominant defense. Not one with a weakness that the Pats, et al. exploit (cough-check downs to the flat or throws to the seem-cough). We do remember that Gronk and Hernandez are in our division right? Not to mention Welker in the slot.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Well, like I said before, the Bills don't need an ILB. If Kuechly had been compared to Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis, I would have been more impressed than a combo of Haden & Freeny. But I doubt Kuechly will ever be mentioned with those guys as the best.

The only reason to draft Keuchly IMO, would be if he was the next Lewis or Willis, but I have not heard anyone say that about him.I'd agree that the rank doesn't fit our slot if the draft stacked normally. But, I see the 7th ranked through 20th ranked players as being pretty damn equal. I'd put Floyd as a guy that's higher ranked than Keuchley. But outside of the top 6, I'm not sure I can find a guy who ranks significantly higher than Keuchley outside of Floyd.

better days
04-13-2012, 09:13 AM
I'd agree that the rank doesn't fit our slot if the draft stacked normally. But, I see the 7th ranked through 20th ranked players as being pretty damn equal. I'd put Floyd as a guy that's higher ranked than Keuchley. But outside of the top 6, I'm not sure I can find a guy who ranks significantly higher than Keuchley outside of Floyd.

My hope is that some team will fall in love with some player available at #10 which will allow the Bills to trade down.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 09:16 AM
My hope is that some team will fall in love with some player available at #10 which will allow the Bills to trade down.And I would be OK with that move too as long as Floyd is gone.

Answer this question for me. If you were to size up our defense as it sits today, and you were an offensive coordinator, how would you attack it?

Id throw at the LB'ers. I think running will be tough. I think I'd try a few shots at the secondary but that we are pretty decent in man coverage and in positioning ourselves for picks. I also think I wouldn't try deeper routes due to a good pass rush. But I'd bank on gaining ground through the air on 1 on 1 matchup's with our LB'ers where I could get the ball out pretty quickly.

better days
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
And I would be OK with that move too as long as Floyd is gone.

Answer this question for me. If you were to size up our defense as it sits today, and you were an offensive coordinator, how would you attack it?

Id throw at the LB'ers. I think running will be tough. I think I'd try a few shots at the secondary but that we are pretty decent in man coverage and in positioning ourselves for picks. I also think I wouldn't try deeper routes due to a good pass rush. But I'd bank on gaining ground through the air on 1 on 1 matchup's with our LB'ers where I could get the ball out pretty quickly.

Too early to say. What if Merriman is healthy & can play the entire year? I think there is no question the Bills will add a LB or two in the draft & maybe pick one up from another team.

By the time the season starts, I think the Bills defense is going to have OCs awake late at night worrying about how to attack them.

Mahdi
04-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Not at 10. Not physical or explosive enough to be picked that high.

jdbillsfan
04-13-2012, 10:00 AM

I think you are making two different statements and I agree with probably having higher priorities. I don't think Kuechly falls into the over hyped, people fall in love with category though. He led the nation in tackles for two straight seasons.

I like Kuechly and think he would be an upgrade over Sheppard, would be ok with the pick, but I really don't think Buffalo will do it after just drafting Sheppard. I also think they have higher priorities....

justasportsfan
04-13-2012, 10:12 AM
If Wanny doesn't think that Shep is his Zach Thomas and this guy can be then we may draft him.

PTI
04-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Looks like he is a 10 year player (or at least a first contract and maybe a franchise player year or two with this team)!!!

The Jokeman
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
If Wanny doesn't think that Shep is his Zach Thomas and this guy can be then we may draft him.
and when was Zach Thomas drafted? The 5th Round. Again you don't need an elite talent to be a sucessful LB in Wanny's system.

Bill Cody
04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
and when was Zach Thomas drafted? The 5th Round. Again you don't need an elite talent to be a sucessful LB in Wanny's system.

oh please. We going to base the teams future on super genius Dave Wanstead? Really?

I would much rather have a football player, and that is what Kuechly is, than a lazy guy with measurables like Coples. I'd like to see us finish this D and this kid is hands down the best LB prospect in the draft and draft analysts like Scott Wright have him as his 7th overall prospect, Kiper has him 11th. Shepherd can play SLB and let this kid make 15 tackles a game. Or you could go with some prima donna WR or a RT that MIGHT be able to play LT or reach for a CB. With our storied history of drafting busts this kid won't be a bust.

madness
04-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I like him. High football IQ, very good tackler, has excellent closing speed and he just doesn't stop thanks to his ultra high competitiveness. Ideal player in Wanny's system and would thrive with our DL so I wouldn't be upset with the pick. I think he's more than just an ILB and I see his coverage skills getting better as he adapts to the NFL.

justasportsfan
04-13-2012, 01:12 PM

Where he was drafted has no bearing. He made Wanny's system better. His best years were when Wanny was gone. Just saying that Wanny may still want Kechly if he thinks Keuchly is that good.

As for Sheppard , the only reason why he's the starter is because there's no one else. If Kuechly is drafted, that may change.

Buffalogic
04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Just because we have a LB need we shouldn't blow the 10 pick on a good, not great player. We can draft better players also at positions of need for us who will impact games more than a LB that tackles a lot. You can find that later in the draft.

X-Era
04-13-2012, 07:10 PM
and when was Zach Thomas drafted? The 5th Round. Again you don't need an elite talent to be a sucessful LB in Wanny's system.Wait. So Zach Thomas was only successful because of Wanny?

This isn't that hard... We could use a solid starter at LBer. If Keuchley is our best option at 10 and we take him, it helps our defense.

jamze132
04-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Guy is going to be a beast.

The Jokeman
04-13-2012, 09:03 PM
oh please. We going to base the teams future on super genius Dave Wanstead? Really?

I would much rather have a football player, and that is what Kuechly is, than a lazy guy with measurables like Coples. I'd like to see us finish this D and this kid is hands down the best LB prospect in the draft and draft analysts like Scott Wright have him as his 7th overall prospect, Kiper has him 11th. Shepherd can play SLB and let this kid make 15 tackles a game. Or you could go with some prima donna WR or a RT that MIGHT be able to play LT or reach for a CB. With our storied history of drafting busts this kid won't be a bust.
My point being is that greatness isn't necessarly needed in this defense at MLB so why grab a great LB when you have a chance on grabbing a great LT? As year after year I hear about finding a great LT later than sooner and but year after year the need still is there.

BillsOverDolphins
04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
No

Cali512
04-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Im starting to like the idea of gettin Kuechly. With how good our DL is, and how good our LB core would be. We would have an amazing front 7

better days
04-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Where he was drafted has no bearing. He made Wanny's system better. His best years were when Wanny was gone. Just saying that Wanny may still want Kechly if he thinks Keuchly is that good.

As for Sheppard , the only reason why he's the starter is because there's no one else. If Kuechly is drafted, that may change.

I guess it will depend on how much Nix, Chan & Wanny like Sheppard or Kuechly.

I will put my faith in them to draft the right players for this team.

alohabillsfan
04-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Hes a reach at 10 and "good value" at 12 LMAO!!! Get over it. Internet draft geniuses...

justasportsfan
04-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I guess it will depend on how much Nix, Chan & Wanny like Sheppard or Kuechly.

I will put my faith in them to draft the right players for this team.

I agree.
They wanted to keep POZ and some people compare Kuechly as being a better Poz. :idunno:

I doubt they go with Luke though. They still have young lbers in Shep,Batten, Moats and White. My gut tells me we're going offense with the first pick.

YardRat
04-14-2012, 07:36 AM
I agree.
They wanted to keep POZ and some people compare Kuechly as being a better Poz. :idunno:

I doubt they go with Luke though. They still have young lbers in Shep,Batten, Moats and White. My gut tells me we're going offense with the first pick.

That ain't sayin' much....at all.

better days
04-14-2012, 07:36 AM
I agree.

My gut is telling me the same thing, but I would not be surprised to see a trade down first.

Don't Panic
04-14-2012, 08:28 PM
I became convinced about two weeks ago that Kuechly is the most ideal pick for us at #10. I'm not sure who plays where, but between he, Sheppard and Barnett, we will have a very effective LB corp and, therefore, one of the best front 7s in the league. Sounds good to me.

acehole
04-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Guy is going to be a beast.

We are gearing to beat the pats plain and simple.
If he was the pic at ten....and finishes our defense.....what would be wrong with that?

Pats throw to tight ends a lot...why? Most lb,s don't cover well...

This guy can stop the run and cover and be the heart of a d.

He could be key to success ...if our pass rush is effective...he can cover te on hot routes.

Again at ten I don't know...but if he where the pick the defense would just be sick.

acehole
04-14-2012, 10:48 PM
If he was the pic at ten....and finishes our defense.....what would be wrong with that?

He could be key to success ...if our pass rush is effective...he can cover te on hot routes.

Again at ten I don't know...but if he where the pick the defense would just be sick.

X-Era
04-15-2012, 11:00 AM

Again at ten I don't know...but if he where the pick the defense would just be sick.I truly agree.

I think we may be looking at the Giants model. It's worked for them. Signing Williams, Anderson and still visiting with early round pass rush options leads me to think we may want a flurry of pass rushers like the Giants in Osi, Pierre-Paul, Kiwi, and Tuck.

But to be effective, you need LB'ers that can make open field tackles at or near the LOS and that can cover in open space... because the QB's will checkdown when pass rushed to the flat or seams.

And that means guys that have good acceleration and decent speed to cover lots of ground.

Keuchley could be not only a key component to bolstering our un-solidfied LB corp but also the right type of player to really help our changed defensive scheme.

acehole
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I truly agree.

I think we may be looking at the Giants model. It's worked for them. Signing Williams, Anderson and still visiting with early round pass rush options leads me to think we may want a flurry of pass rushers like the Giants in Osi, Pierre-Paul, Kiwi, and Tuck.

But to be effective, you need LB'ers that can make open field tackles at or near the LOS and that can cover in open space... because the QB's will checkdown when pass rushed to the flat or seams.

And that means guys that have good acceleration and decent speed to cover lots of ground.

Keuchley could be not only a key component to bolstering our un-solidfied LB corp but also the right type of player to really help our changed defensive scheme.

Yes. If they trade down 1-3 spots and grab him it would be a A+ draft right there.

acehole
04-15-2012, 12:23 PM

Shep can play outside as can moats...I am sure Luke could play some outside...but he is a bit undersized and can get blown up by a good TE or Fullback.

If he has those guys in front of him (In the middle)...it would be better.

I would say he would get less work as the guys in front will be fine at stopping run...

If one happens to squeek by that line he will be ok...he was the leading tackler on his team and held up well.

Size isnt everything...ask london fletcher.

Whos to say he cant put on 10-15 lb if he needs to.

He has intagables...is a "Football" player.....and we could do worse at 10.

better days
04-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Shep can play outside as can moats...I am sure Luke could play some outside...but he is a bit undersized and can get blown up by a good TE or Fullback.

And we can do a whole lot better at #10 IMO.

X-Era
04-15-2012, 01:02 PM

I would say he would get less work as the guys in front will be fine at stopping run...

If one happens to squeek by that line he will be ok...he was the leading tackler on his team and held up well.

He has intagables...is a "Football" player.....and we could do worse at 10.I feel at 6' 3 3/4" 232 he's plenty tall but could add 10 pounds in muscle as he fills out without too much of an issue.

X-Era
04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
And we can do a whole lot better at #10 IMO.Who do you like better at 10?

My list would only be Blackmon or Floyd

better days
04-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Who do you like better at 10?

My list would only be Blackmon or Floyd

Aside from those two, Coples, Ingram, DeCastro, Glenn would be better picks at #10 IMO.

acehole
04-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Aside from those two, Coples, Ingram, DeCastro, Glenn would be better picks at #10 IMO.

Dont like copes..the rest would be great..

Dark Horse....

Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

Our Cb's are older...he could team up with A williams and Leodis in the slot...

justasportsfan
04-16-2012, 09:06 AM

I can't argue this. He's been very productive in college. He's definitely a football player. I do remember that Poz had the same praises coming out of college but people were questioning whether he hit his ceiling in college . From what I'm reading Kuechly isn't done , he can get better in the pro's.

I don't think he's that small either, isn't Clay Mathews 6'3" 240? :idunno:
They guy they are comparing Kuechly to, Zach Thomas was also undersized but he was only 5'11" . Kuechly is 6'3 so I'm sure he can add more bulk.

Just like most people here, I wouldn't be upset with the pick. Not sure how many years Barnett has left in the tank and still don't know what we have in Morrison.

The way to beat the Pats consistently is thruogh defense because I doubt most teams can beat them through shootouts.

PTI
04-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Pick him!!

I will be creating 'Kooch' jerseys!!

ZAZusmc03
04-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Pick him!!

I will be creating 'Kooch' jerseys!!

His name is pronounced "Keekly"

baalworship
04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't like Kuechly at 10 because we play the Pats twice a year. How does Kuechly help stop Brady or throws to his targets? Kuechly won't match up well against Gronk or Hernandez.

If you want someone on D I would take a corner if someone was rated high on the board. I would prefer to put pressure on their D and take Floyd, Glenn, or Decastro.