PDA

View Full Version : "Mark Barron and Kuechly are logical picks for Buffalo"-Mayock

Raptor
04-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Q. I would think like a Fletcher Cox and
talk about Mark Barron the safety, maybe move
up ahead of the Cowboys?

MIKE MAYOCK: And Barron is one of the
best players in this draft and I think he's going to
go between 10 and 15. But he has them ticketed
at 14 but there are other teams that could step up.
I mean, look at Buffalo with ten, for instance. They
are going to play New England twice a year with
those tight ends.
To me, Mark Barron and Luke Kuechly are
two logical guys for Buffalo.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/mike-mayock-2012-nfl-draft-4-19-12.pdf

Beebe
04-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Kuechly
6'3¼"
HEIGHT
242 lbs
WEIGHT
31.0"
ARM LENGTH
9.6"
HAND SIZE
OVERALL RANK
POSITIONAL RANk

Better at 10 I think.

The Jokeman
04-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't get the choice of Barron at all. As Wilson was great in the early part of the season and Searcy provided great depth last year. I'd love to trade down with Dallas (or Philly) if meant acquiring another pick and still come away with Reiff or Martin in the 1st.

Ed
04-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I think we're solid at SS, but maybe Barron is a guy that could help the Bills trade down. After Barron there seems to be a decent amount of drop off at safety.

Beebe
04-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Elite instincts. Very similar to former PSU standout LB Sean Lee (Cowboys) in this department. Is disciplined. Takes very few false steps. Diagnoses play-action quickly. Locates the ball carrier as fast as any defender in the country. Always seems to be around the football. Gets the front seven lined up and is a very good on-field communicator.
http://youtu.be/lXSfQWM0f3Y

kingJofNYC
04-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Mayock doesn't actually watch the Bills. We don't need a safety early, maybe pick one up later for depth. Definitely need a LB though.

The Jokeman
04-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Elite instincts. Very similar to former PSU standout LB Sean Lee (Cowboys) in this department. Is disciplined. Takes very few false steps. Diagnoses play-action quickly. Locates the ball carrier as fast as any defender in the country. Always seems to be around the football. Gets the front seven lined up and is a very good on-field communicator.
http://youtu.be/lXSfQWM0f3Y
and where was Lee drafted? In the 2nd Round. Late 2nd at that. I stand by my mock
that posted http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=211296

or for a quick run down:

Round 1: LT Riley Reiff Iowa:
Round 2: OLB Lavonte David Nebraska
Round 3: WR Marvin Jones California
Round 4A: CB Josh Norman Coastal Carolina
Round 4B: TE Michael Egnew Missori
Round 5A: DE Julian Miller West Virginia
Round 5B: QB Austin Davis Southern Miss
Round 6:C Scott Wedige Nothern Illinois
Round 7A: WR Lance Lewis Eastern Carolina
Round 7B: CB Isaiah Frey Neveda

kingJofNYC
04-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I honestly believe it'll come down to Floyd/Blackmon/Gilmore.

Raptor
04-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Mayock doesn't actually watch the Bills. We don't need a safety early, maybe pick one up later for depth. Definitely need a LB though.

i think he understands than Nix doesn't care about need in the first round, he wants the BPA

Philagape
04-19-2012, 11:04 PM
You can find stars at every position who weren't first-round draft picks, so that cancels out.

kingJofNYC
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
i think he understands than Nix doesn't care about need in the first round, he wants the BPA

But Barron won't be the BPA at ten. I guess BPA depends on who you ask, but if we take a safety at 10 and his name isn't Eric Berry, it's Whitner all over again.

Raptor
04-19-2012, 11:11 PM
But Barron won't be the BPA at ten. I guess BPA depends on who you ask, but if we take a safety at 10 and his name isn't Eric Berry, it's Whitner all over again.

That makes zero sense and Barron was a very good player at Alabama and way better than Whitner

kingJofNYC
04-19-2012, 11:14 PM
That makes zero sense and Barron was a very good player at Alabama and way better than Whitner

It makes plenty of sense. Mark Barron is not a top ten talent, I watched Bama plenty. He's not an impact safety like Eric Berry, which is the kind of talent you would look for if you were taking a safety that high.

Not much else to discuss really, you might like him as a top ten talent but I don't. Question, who was the last top ten player at safety to leave a lasting impact on the game?

jamze132
04-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Floyd
Keuchley
Kirkpatrick

Blacksheep71
04-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Barron is NOT one of the best players in the draft.

In other drafts he'd be a 2nd rounder.

If we take him at No10, it will be the biggest reach of the draft and a ludicrous decision to the point where we can expect a new HC/GM in 2013.

We need an impact player, not an over rated one.

Mind you this is from the idiot Maycock who doesn't have Coples in his Top50. Lets hope Buddy isn't so stupid.

gonzo1105
04-20-2012, 06:18 AM

If we take him at No10, it will be the biggest reach of the draft and a ludicrous decision to the point where we can expect a new HC/GM in 2013.

Mind you this is from the idiot Maycock who doesn't have Coples in his Top50. Lets hope Buddy isn't so stupid.

According to who? The draftnik websites? I wanna make this clear that im not taking a shot at you necessarily but I love how everyone knows more than every front office. I guess you guys better tell Buffalo, Dallas, The Jets, and the Chargers who have scouted players for years that Barron isn't a1st round talent because you looked at some websites and they said he's a late 1st or early 2nd rd type. People need to stop acting like they know more than the people who do their job.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Floyd
Keuchley
Kirkpatrick

This is what Im hoping for. I want one of these 3 OR Gimore or if Kalil/Blackmon fall. But NO REIFF

Blacksheep71
04-20-2012, 06:37 AM
According to who? The draftnik websites? I wanna make this clear that im not taking a shot at you necessarily but I love how everyone knows more than every front office. I guess you guys better tell Buffalo, Dallas, The Jets, and the Chargers who have scouted players for years that Barron isn't a1st round talent because you looked at some websites and they said he's a late 1st or early 2nd rd type. People need to stop acting like they know more than the people who do their job.

No but its an exceptionally weak class at safety which is why he's been marked up so high.

Barron the best player available at No10? Don't make me laugh. If I was picking at No23, I might consider him, but he's no Berry, Earl Thomas or Polamalu and these are the only types of safeties you spend a top 20 pick on.

Look at how well spending a previous Top10 pick on a safety did us.

And we don't have a yawning gap at S either - we've got Wilson and Bryd as well as Searcy. By all means spending a R3 or R4 on a Safety, but a Top10? If we do, it explains why we miss the playoffs every year.

Mahdi
04-20-2012, 06:47 AM
When you talk about the draft overall, Barron is actually one of the most complete prospects coming out.

He does everything well and shows not much in the way of weaknesses. He can cover and he comes downhill to tackle.

Putting aside how good of a football player he is, he's 6'1 213 pounds. Which means he can be used as a OLB and a fast OLB too as he ran a 4.5 40 at his pro day.

The added bonus with Barron is also his almost 34" arms that will help him cover big TEs. He also has 9 1/2 " hands which will help him control TEs off the LoS.

Lastly, Barron started and was productive at Alabama for 3 years. That is a huge deal for Nix. If you want a can't miss prospect, Barron fits for sure. Not flashy but the kind of guy who would bring an attitude to our defense.

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
It makes plenty of sense. Mark Barron is not a top ten talent, I watched Bama plenty. He's not an impact safety like Eric Berry, which is the kind of talent you would look for if you were taking a safety that high.

Not much else to discuss really, you might like him as a top ten talent but I don't. Question, who was the last top ten player at safety to leave a lasting impact on the game?

What?

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 07:16 AM

and huh?

acehole
04-20-2012, 07:19 AM
CB Josh Norman Coastal Carolina
wont last that long and Lavonte David could go a couple of picks erlier as well

Reiff doent seem like the guy as he doent fit anything the bills say at the lucheon.

and where was Lee drafted? In the 2nd Round. Late 2nd at that. I stand by my mock

or for a quick run down:

HAMMER
04-20-2012, 07:19 AM
I will start by saying I am not a college football fanatic so I haven't even seen Kuechly play. But if the Zach Thomas and Brian Urlacher comparisons are even close to true. If his coverage skills and nose for the ball are as good as I'm reading, then I think Wannstedt makes a huge push for him with the FO. I believe Hairston is a solid starting LT, I believe the rest of the OL is very solid, if it weren't for the injuries last year they were on track to become excellent. OL depth is an issue but can be addressed in rounds 2,3,4. Let's finish the rebuild on defense with Kuechly and a corner in round 2 and roll with what we have on offense. There is no need to draft a WR in Rd. 1, hopefully Easley stays healthy this year, his speed and size are very similar to Floyd.

A LB that can stay with Hernandez and Gronk, that can stay on the field for all three downs, that has an incredible nose for the ball looks to be a better choice to me.

acehole
04-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Either of these picks will go a long way in helping beat NE.

up ahead of the Cowboys?

those tight ends.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/mike-mayock-2012-nfl-draft-4-19-12.pdf

acehole
04-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Either of these picks will go a long way in helping beat NE.

To me Luke is a "Special" player in this draft and would complete a front seven that on paper would be really great.

Barron would run free in that D to do whatever he wanted...rush passer cover TE help CB's cover slot...you name it.

better days
04-20-2012, 08:27 AM
When you talk about the draft overall, Barron is actually one of the most complete prospects coming out.

He does everything well and shows not much in the way of weaknesses. He can cover and he comes downhill to tackle.

Putting aside how good of a football player he is, he's 6'1 213 pounds. Which means he can be used as a OLB and a fast OLB too as he ran a 4.5 40 at his pro day.

The added bonus with Barron is also his almost 34" arms that will help him cover big TEs. He also has 9 1/2 " hands which will help him control TEs off the LoS.

Lastly, Barron started and was productive at Alabama for 3 years. That is a huge deal for Nix. If you want a can't miss prospect, Barron fits for sure. Not flashy but the kind of guy who would bring an attitude to our defense.

I could see Barron as a potential pick if the Bills trade down, but not at #10.

Raptor
04-20-2012, 08:54 AM

Your right there isn't much else to discuss because

A.You didn't watch him at Bama or B. You didn't understand what you were watching

and for the record he is one of the top 10 players in this draft

justasportsfan
04-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Once again, with a solid pass rush we may not need a to grab a db with our fiirst. With a good pass rush, the Pats may have to get rid of the ball fast and if Kuechly can keep up with their TE's, I'm all for it.

We don't know what we have with MOrrison and Barnett is getting up there in age. If Kuechly is a sure above average LBer of the future, I'll take him a solidify our D for years to come.

The Jokeman
04-20-2012, 09:04 AM
To me Luke is a "Special" player in this draft and would complete a front seven that on paper would be really great.

Barron would run free in that D to do whatever he wanted...rush passer cover TE help CB's cover slot...you name it.
Who did more to help those 90s teams more, Shane Conlan or Wil Wolford? The Bills made 1 Super Bowl after Conlan left but 0 after Wolford left.

Turf
04-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Our linebacking core is weak and shallow. Regardless of the system we need some good linebackers. We fixed the D-Line, lets fix the LBs.
People get injured. You can't slot one guy at each position and say we're all set.
Kuechy Kuecky Koo baby.

justasportsfan
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
It also depends on what Wanny thinks about Batten, White, Moats can do in the 4-3. He was after all their lb coach.

psubills62
04-20-2012, 09:19 AM
I do think our need at safety is greater than some believe. And I'm not a fan of our LB's in the 4-3.

That said, I don't believe Kuechly is an option at 10. Nix gets his LB's in the middle rounds (3-5), not the first round. 4-3 linebackers are rarely worth a first round pick anyway.

Devin
04-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Im no scout, and I dont watch as much film as Draftboy but id beg to differ with anyone saying Barron is not worthy of a pick at 10. I am not saying hes the second coming of Reed, Polamalu or anything but this kid can play ball. I think hes a very well rounded safety and he has fantastic size. Id certainly not be dissapointed if we added him to our D.

I just pray we dont take Reiff at 10.

baalworship
04-20-2012, 09:22 AM
I like Mayock but he makes no sense here. Why would Buffalo want to waste a top ten pick on a middle linebacker or a good in the box safety? Neither of these players look like sure fire pro bowlers so why pick a position that should have a smaller value?

QB, DE, Left Tackle, Cornerback. These are positions that need to be looked at by any NFL team with a high pick. After that you can look at BPA.

Kuechly is the one player I don't want. He makes a lot of tackles. Great. We can find these types in every draft much later than 10 overall. He reminds me of Poz with lots of tackles 8-10 yards downfield.

justasportsfan
04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I like Mayock but he makes no sense here. Why would Buffalo want to waste a top ten pick on a middle linebacker or a good in the box safety? Neither of these players look like sure fire pro bowlers so why pick a position that should have a smaller value?

Are there sure fire probowl players at our 10th? :idunno: Maybe Floyd but like everyone seems to think, there's depth at that position in the middle rounds.

EDS
04-20-2012, 09:40 AM

How does a safety's hand size impact his ability to jam a TE at the line of scrimmage?

baalworship
04-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Are there sure fire probowl players at our 10th? :idunno: Maybe Floyd but like everyone seems to think, there's depth at that position in the middle rounds.

What I said was look for a position of value first. QB, DE, Left Tackle Cornerback. If no player is available at these positions then go to BPA. I would look at Cordy Glenn, Stephon Gilmore, Dre Kirkpatrick first.

If none of these players were considered top ten picks I would then move to BPA which would be Fletcher Cox or Michael Floyd. After that we could talk about safeties and linebackers that don't rush the passer.

EDS
04-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Only way I would draft a safety in the top 10 is if the guy is a true transcendent talent.

SpillerThrills
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
QB, DE, Left Tackle, Cornerback. These are positions that need to be looked at by any NFL team with a high pick. After that you can look at BPA.

QB- I can understand, we need someone other than Pigpen to back up Fitz for a year or two.

DE- we just signed 2 and already have like 5 on the roster, why would you draft one at 10 to sit on the bench?

LT- not going to argue this at all, but I don't think there is one at 10 that is worth it.

CB- I have faith that our CB's will be stronger this year with us actually having a pass rush. CB's got burnt a lot last year because they had to stay with a receiver for so long because of the lack of pass rush.

I think LB should be a position we look at hard, I don't know that we have the correct LB's for the 4-3.... only Wanny can make that call as of right now.

stuckincincy
04-20-2012, 10:34 AM
LT- not going to argue this at all, but I don't think there is one at 10 that is worth it.

I don't know if worth comes into it - they are flat out thin at the tackle position, and I suspect that forces their hand.

Nix says that:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82872dc3/article/bills-gm-buddy-nix-we-need-tackles

It's all a dice roll - they may get skunked - but I think they gotta roll 'dem bones. A wr to tandem with Johnson is appealing. But AFAIK the wr crop is good, or so we are told.

kingJofNYC
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
What?

HAHAHA

That's rich. I don't think he's a top ten talent, you don't think Kuechly is, and life goes on. Everyone sees something different. How many of the draftniks that you communicate with have Barron in the top 10?

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
HAHAHA

That's rich. I don't think he's a top ten talent, you don't think Kuechly is, and life goes on. Everyone sees something different. How many of the draftniks that you communicate with have Barron in the top 10?

A large number and even more people who are well connected have him there as well.

Mahdi
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
How does a safety's hand size impact his ability to jam a TE at the line of scrimmage?
Larger hands=larger surface area=more contact with TE body=more control and better leverage

better days
04-20-2012, 11:35 AM
It also depends on what Wanny thinks about Batten, White, Moats can do in the 4-3. He was after all their lb coach.

And Nix has said DL & DBs are the meat & potatos of a defense, LBs are the gravy.

The last buffalo fan
04-20-2012, 11:41 AM
If we go Defense at 10th, anything but a damn Safety!

If we go Ofense, anything but a damn Guard nor a RB!

I would love Floyd, Coples, Kalil, Cox or Ingram in no particular order. I'm not sure about Kuechly.

:gobills:

Oaf
04-20-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not a big fan of Searcy yet, but I think Wilson can get the job done, as can Byrd as starters.

ddaryl
04-20-2012, 12:30 PM
If Barron is the bad ass safety that many claim he is then draft the guy.

I would not be a least bit upset with such a move. Give me a player who can punish...

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Also something to note, while Wilson is very good he's also 31 and has spent years on PS and as a ST/Scout team guy getting the **** kicked out of his in practices.

He may not be around at this level for too much longer.

ZAZusmc03
04-20-2012, 12:36 PM
I'd like either pick. Barron would be a better choice in my eyes though. With our offense healthy, and a defense that can keep us in games and get the ball back, we are a playoff team. If we don't get Floyd or Blackmon at 10, then D is the only other option.

Blacksheep71
04-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Barron is a major reach in a weak draft class.

In a class with 3-4 decent safeties, he'd be a second rounder only - if it was 2010 he'd be taken at around the same point as Taylor Mays so to take him at No10 is lunacy.

With so many other areas where we still need to upgrade, Safety is about No9 with only Special Teams being a less of a need.

wmoz11
04-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Also something to note, while Wilson is very good he's also 31 and has spent years on PS and as a ST/Scout team guy getting the **** kicked out of his in practices.

He may not be around at this level for too much longer.

Which is why you draft and develop guys like Searcy in the middle rounds. You don't take a S at 10 to "possibly" replace a guy in a couple years when he slows down.

If you take a safety at 10 he better start right away and make an impact. I don't think that's even close to a priority right now (at 10).

Not to mention Byrd and Wilson graded out as one of the top S pairings in the league according to Profootballfocus.

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Which is why you draft and develop guys like Searcy in the middle rounds. You don't take a S at 10 to "possibly" replace a guy in a couple years when he slows down.

If you take a safety at 10 he better start right away and make an impact. I don't think that's even close to a priority right now (at 10).

Not to mention Byrd and Wilson graded out as one of the top S pairings in the league according to Profootballfocus.

Yes but Searcy can't cover.

kingJofNYC
04-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Giants won SBs by drafting safeties early, sure fire to win a championship.

wmoz11
04-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Yes but Searcy can't cover.

I know you're not dense enough to have taken only that from my post. So, draft another one this year in the 4th, 5th, whatever. If you draft a S in the top-10 and he can't cover, then you're in real trouble. I seem to remember us doing that fairly recently, actually.

Blacksheep71
04-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Giants won SBs by drafting safeties early, sure fire to win a championship.

The Giants won SuperBowls by having a fearsome pass rush of Stahan then JPP, plus Tuck plus Umenyiora converting DE Kiwanuka into a SLB.

Any pair of safeties and CBs would be better with that pass rush. Their safeties are Rolle a CB originally taken at No8 by the Cardinals and converted to FS after 3 years of failing as a CB, and Phillips who was taken at No31

Its hardly the same as taking a player who can only play Safety at No10 whilst having only one pass rusher (Williams) plus an occasional situtational pass rusher (Anderson)

When we have a pass rush of the calibre of JPP, Tuck, Umenyiora and Kiwanka then I have no problem taking a Safety at No10

When the Giants won the SuperBowl in 2007 their safeties were James Butler an UDFA and Gibril Wilson drafted in the 5th round, No136.

tampabay25690
04-20-2012, 03:10 PM
up ahead of the Cowboys?

those tight ends.

Isnt Byrd a Free agent after this season?????

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 03:13 PM
I know you're not dense enough to have taken only that from my post. So, draft another one this year in the 4th, 5th, whatever. If you draft a S in the top-10 and he can't cover, then you're in real trouble. I seem to remember us doing that fairly recently, actually.

Well while my density knows no bounds, Im not that dense this time.

Here is the question to ponder though; Why are we settling for medicore to poor safeties just to say we took one?

Are you suggest Barron can't cover?

mjt328
04-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I would be very happy with the Bills taking any of the following:
- Riley Reiff
- Michael Floyd
- Luke Kuechley

I would be satisfied if they took:
- Dre Kirkpatrick
- Jonathan Martin
- Cordy Glenn
- Stephon Gilmore
- Melvin Ingram

Mark Barron is nowhere on my list.

Picking a safety would be what our previous regime would have done. It would be a complete waste.
I'm all for going BPA, but need does have to factor in - especially when there are so many prospects on about the same level.

Cali512
04-20-2012, 04:12 PM
The only way I would take Barron is if we know hell become one if not the best at his position in the nfl. With how good we are there, and how many more needs we have, i wouldnt take him if hes guarenteed to be top 10 at his postition.

jdbillsfan
04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
- Riley Reiff
- Michael Floyd
- Luke Kuechley

- Dre Kirkpatrick
- Jonathan Martin
- Cordy Glenn
- Stephon Gilmore
- Melvin Ingram

Picking a safety would be what our previous regime would have done. It would be a complete waste.
I'm all for going BPA, but need does have to factor in - especially when there are so many prospects on about the same level.

Guess we better not draft a guy who isn't on your list

kingJofNYC
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
The Giants won SuperBowls by having a fearsome pass rush of Stahan then JPP, plus Tuck plus Umenyiora converting DE Kiwanuka into a SLB.

Any pair of safeties and CBs would be better with that pass rush. Their safeties are Rolle a CB originally taken at No8 by the Cardinals and converted to FS after 3 years of failing as a CB, and Phillips who was taken at No31

Its hardly the same as taking a player who can only play Safety at No10 whilst having only one pass rusher (Williams) plus an occasional situtational pass rusher (Anderson)

When we have a pass rush of the calibre of JPP, Tuck, Umenyiora and Kiwanka then I have no problem taking a Safety at No10

When the Giants won the SuperBowl in 2007 their safeties were James Butler an UDFA and Gibril Wilson drafted in the 5th round, No136.
I'm with you dude, was bring sarcastic.

Beebe
04-20-2012, 10:05 PM

or for a quick run down:

Yeah your right he did get drafted in the second round but if Kuechly plays like him in our defense it would be great. Especially when we play New England with there two TE's that they have .
Hey you want us to draft Reiff but isn't he compared to Bryan Bulaga?Where did he get drafted at, 23rd not top 10, so what player would help us the most another right tackle or a LB that never comes out.

Bert102176
04-20-2012, 10:54 PM
I honestly believe it'll come down to Floyd/Blackmon/Gilmore.

I hope for Floyd or Blackmon

Bert102176
04-20-2012, 11:06 PM
- Riley Reiff
- Michael Floyd
- Luke Kuechley

- Dre Kirkpatrick
- Jonathan Martin
- Cordy Glenn
- Stephon Gilmore
- Melvin Ingram

I like your list but not the reif I don't think he would be what we need, I don't think he will be a starter and at 10 you better get a starter from day 1

better days
04-21-2012, 05:13 AM
I like your list but not the reif I don't think he would be what we need, I don't think he will be a starter and at 10 you better get a starter from day 1

If the Bills draft OT at #10 I would hope it is Glenn, not Reiff. But I don't think they will draft OT in the 1st rnd.

YardRat
04-21-2012, 05:40 AM
"I'm covering my ass just in case the Bills front office doesn't rate players the same way I do" - Mayock.

nappyroots52
04-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Kuechly enought said haha

Jan Reimers
04-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I would be very surprised if we took Barron at 10. He would not be the Best Player Available, and he does not fill a major need. If we were completely set at WR, OT, CB and LB, he would be a nice luxury pick. But we're nowhere near there yet.

baalworship
04-21-2012, 09:50 AM
As for Barron, all the reports state he will struggle in man coverage. If he could do that I would consider him a special talent worth taking despite his position.

Barron and Kuechly would be the WORST 2 picks we could make at 10.

Night Train
04-22-2012, 09:15 AM
An obvious media plant to get the phone to ring. Get Dallas and a couple other teams that want Barron badly to pick up the phone.

I believe NOTHING this time of year. Have seen this all before.

The Jokeman
04-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah your right he did get drafted in the second round but if Kuechly plays like him in our defense it would be great. Especially when we play New England with there two TE's that they have .
Hey you want us to draft Reiff but isn't he compared to Bryan Bulaga?Where did he get drafted at, 23rd not top 10, so what player would help us the most another right tackle or a LB that never comes out.
and last I checked Bulaga and James Starks are both starting for the Packers whereas Ed Wang, the OT we selected in the same draft, is not in the NFL and the Spiller is riding the bench. Again a draft is about getting the possible combination of players.

better days
04-22-2012, 12:26 PM
and last I checked Bulaga and James Starks are both starting for the Packers whereas Ed Wang, the OT we selected in the same draft, is not in the NFL and the Spiller is riding the bench. Again a draft is about getting the possible combination of players.

As good a season as Starks had last year, who would you rather have, Starks or Spiller?

The Jokeman
04-22-2012, 12:34 PM
As good a season as Starks had last year, who would you rather have, Starks or Spiller?
If it meant losing Bulaga I'd of course take Spiller but that's not my argument. As who would the NFL rather have Bryan Bulaga or Ed Wang? Again the draft about the collection of players not just one. This is what has killed the Bills in recent year is we're only getting production from one or none of the guys we drafted. Why was the 1985 so great? Solely because of we got Andre Reed in the 4th Round? If so I could argue we could have done better and gotten Jerry Rice in the 1st Round but then again the reality the 1985 was a great draft is because we got Bruce, Andre and Frank Reich.

better days
04-23-2012, 07:25 AM
If it meant losing Bulaga I'd of course take Spiller but that's not my argument. As who would the NFL rather have Bryan Bulaga or Ed Wang? Again the draft about the collection of players not just one. This is what has killed the Bills in recent year is we're only getting production from one or none of the guys we drafted. Why was the 1985 so great? Solely because of we got Andre Reed in the 4th Round? If so I could argue we could have done better and gotten Jerry Rice in the 1st Round but then again the reality the 1985 was a great draft is because we got Bruce, Andre and Frank Reich.

Well, just as it is about the entire draft, it is about yearly drafts & not just one draft. As many holes as the Bills have had, there was no way they could fill them all with one draft or even two.

The Bills missed on Wang, but it looks like they hit on Hairston in the 4th rnd who Nix said is better than they thought he was when they drafted him.

I can't wait until Thursday & if the Bills think Reiff can play LT & draft him at #10 great, but most reports are that he won't be a good LT in the NFL.

Mahdi
04-23-2012, 07:43 AM
- Riley Reiff
- Michael Floyd
- Luke Kuechley

- Dre Kirkpatrick
- Jonathan Martin
- Cordy Glenn
- Stephon Gilmore
- Melvin Ingram

Barron is a better prospect at his position than half those guys you mentioned. Yer basically saying you would rather take an OT who is a B grade than taking a safety who has an A grade.

justasportsfan
04-23-2012, 10:43 AM
With Brian Dawkins retiring we could possibly trade with the eaglets so they can grab Barron.

Mahdi
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
With Brian Dawkins retiring we could possibly trade with the eaglets so they can grab Barron.
Dawkins was playing for the Broncos last year. Eagles would still want a safety but doubt they trade up for one.

X-Era
04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Kiper and McShay just both picked Kuechly as there can't miss prospect on the defensive side of the ball.

better days
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Kiper and McShay just both picked Kuechly as there can't miss prospect on the defensive side of the ball.

The kiss of death.

alohabillsfan
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Put him on the Madden Cover!

Extremebillsfan247
04-24-2012, 01:03 AM
up ahead of the Cowboys?

those tight ends.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/mike-mayock-2012-nfl-draft-4-19-12.pdfI could see why Barron could be the pick, but Kuechly makes no sense. The Bills are already set on Kelvin Sheppard playing MLB in Wannstedt's 4-3. Kuechly from what I understand isn't a very good OLB, and they wont move Sheppard there. You don't draft backups at 10th overall. So, that is why Kuechly doesn't get picked by the Bills in my opinion.