PDA

View Full Version : Bucs release WR Preston Parker

The King
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
The kid had 40 catches last season, and is only 25. I know he has a minor foot injury but he was in full pads playing yesterday.

6'0, 200lbs. I think he had some legal trouble at FSU but has been clear since going pro.

SquishDaFish
09-20-2012, 01:11 PM
I would def like to see us take a flyer on him.

Skooby
09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Bring him in, we need WRs.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Not with that name, the guy sounds like a preppy jerk. He'd show up to practice in an ascot or something.

Ed
09-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Why did they release him?

The King
09-20-2012, 02:18 PM
They resigned another WR./

STRONG_BAD
09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
You are correct - he's way too preppy

The Jokeman
09-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Solid Slot guy but doesn't offer much more. He won't replace Nelson's size but he would give us a proven guy in the slot. I'd give him a chance yet the question is who to cut for him? Maybe Chris White?

The King
09-20-2012, 02:51 PM
WR Tiquan Underwood

better days
09-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Well, he would make more sense than Welker. Git er done Buddy.

The King
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Whats the rule on waivers? Would he have to clear waivers?

casdhf
09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Where's Namaan?

GingerP
09-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Whats the rule on waivers? Would he have to clear waivers?

Any player with less than 4 years service time is subject to waivers before becoming a free agent. After the trading deadline, all players are subject to waivers, including vets.

Don't think anyone is claiming Parker. He is a roster-bubble guy who is cut because he has been terrible on ST. Doubt anyone is claiming him.

The King
09-20-2012, 03:19 PM
I did read he was struggling on PR's.

mush69
09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I did read he was struggling on PR's.

Do we need him for that?

jimmifli
09-20-2012, 03:33 PM
The ____'s released ____ _______ he plays ______ Should we sign him?

answers:

no they cut him for a reason.
sure why not give him a shot.

HAMMER
09-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Where's Namaan?

Exactly. People seem to think players are just plug and play. It takes a lot of time to grasp new systems, receiver is one of the harder positions to pick up, especially when they are asked to know what is required of the X,Y, and Z on all plays. Then there is the little issue of timing between receiver and QB that needs to develop.

Ed
09-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Solid Slot guy but doesn't offer much more. He won't replace Nelson's size but he would give us a proven guy in the slot. I'd give him a chance yet the question is who to cut for him? Maybe Chris White?
Ruvell Martin

justasportsfan
09-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Exactly. People seem to think players are just plug and play. It takes a lot of time to grasp new systems, receiver is one of the harder positions to pick up, especially when they are asked to know what is required of the X,Y, and Z on all plays. Then there is the little issue of timing between receiver and QB that needs to develop.

I agree. Bills would most likely rather have Namaan instead of this guy . Same reason they brought in White back . He already knows the system.

gonzo1105
09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Preston Parker was kicked off FSU for being high and passing out in the MCdonalds drive through. He is not overly fast either. PASS

- - - Updated - - -

Preston Parker was kicked off FSU for being high and passing out in the MCdonalds drive through. He is not overly fast either. PASS

Ed
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on, like that's never happened to you.

The King
09-20-2012, 03:54 PM
4.6 40 I think.

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Oh come on, like that's never happened to you.

Anybody remember this one?

"Burger King customers told: 'You are too fat to have a
Whopper'

Police believe teenage pranksters are hacking into the
wireless frequency of a US Burger King drive-through speaker
to tell potential customers they are too fat for fast food.

Policeman Gerry Scherlink said the pranksters told one
customer who had just placed an order: "You don't need a
couple of Whoppers. You are too fat. Pull ahead."

The offenders are reportedly tapping into the wireless
frequency at the restaurant in Troy, Michigan. Police believe
the culprits are watching and broadcasting from close range.

Officer Scherlinck said the men are telling customers who
order a Coca-Cola that, "We don't have Coke." And when the
customer asks what they do have, the hacker would say: "We
don't have anything. Pull ahead."

But what has managers concerned is the profanity the hackers
are using, according to police.

A drive-through customer has told police if he had children
with him in the car and someone used profanity, he would have
been upset.

Burger King franchise owner Tony Versace issued the following
statement in response to the incidents: "We apologise to our
customers who've been insulted by the use of this
drive-through speaker."

Management at the fast-food restaurant are reportedly
trying to change the radio frequency used for the speakers,
reports Local 4."

SquishDaFish
09-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Anybody remember this one?

"Burger King customers told: 'You are too fat to have a
Whopper'

Police believe teenage pranksters are hacking into the
wireless frequency of a US Burger King drive-through speaker
to tell potential customers they are too fat for fast food.

Policeman Gerry Scherlink said the pranksters told one
customer who had just placed an order: "You don't need a
couple of Whoppers. You are too fat. Pull ahead."

The offenders are reportedly tapping into the wireless
frequency at the restaurant in Troy, Michigan. Police believe
the culprits are watching and broadcasting from close range.

Officer Scherlinck said the men are telling customers who
order a Coca-Cola that, "We don't have Coke." And when the
customer asks what they do have, the hacker would say: "We
don't have anything. Pull ahead."

But what has managers concerned is the profanity the hackers
are using, according to police.

A drive-through customer has told police if he had children
with him in the car and someone used profanity, he would have
been upset.

Burger King franchise owner Tony Versace issued the following
statement in response to the incidents: "We apologise to our
customers who've been insulted by the use of this
drive-through speaker."

Management at the fast-food restaurant are reportedly
trying to change the radio frequency used for the speakers,
reports Local 4."

Now this is relevant to this thread right?!?! LMAO

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Sure is, since the thread forked to fast food by other posters - gonzo and Er. Those posters chimed in with pleasant humor, and I replied in humor. It's known as repartee.

All you seem capable of is launching pogroms. Go buy some Desitin to heal your diaper rash.

mikemac2001
09-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Sure is, since the thread forked to fast food by other posters - gonzo and Er. Those posters chimed in with pleasant humor, and I replied in humor. It's known as repartee.

All you seem capable of is launching pogroms. Go buy some Desitin to heal your diaper rash.

I loved it thanks

better days
09-20-2012, 04:41 PM
The ____'s released ____ _______ he plays ______ Should we sign him?

answers:

no they cut him for a reason.
sure why not give him a shot.

Well, the reason the Bucs cut him was because they brought back Tiquan Underwood who played at Rutgers for Sciano.

SquishDaFish
09-20-2012, 04:43 PM

:roflmao:

GingerP
09-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Well, the reason the Bucs cut him was because they brought back Tiquan Underwood who played at Rutgers for Sciano.

They also just signed Chris Owusu off the Chargers practice squad. He is an interesting guy, loads of speed but constantly injured at Stanford, including a scary concussion that was his 3rd. Ran 4.36 at the combine though.

GingerP
09-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Looks like they are moving Stroughter to IR. Doesn't say much for Parker that they are putting a WR on IR and they still decide to get rid of him to bring in Underwood and a guy they signed off a PS.

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM
They also just signed Chris Owusu off the Chargers practice squad. He is an interesting guy, loads of speed but constantly injured at Stanford, including a scary concussion that was his 3rd. Ran 4.36 at the combine though.

I'm having trouble figuring TB's wr moves. CIN -to the yowls of the fan base - cut rookie Dez Briscoe, thinking he would clear waivers and end up on their PS. TB grabbed him, and he got 16 games, starting two of them, with 35 receptions for 387 yards and six touchdowns. Then they cut him this year - he's with WAS now. Undisclosed injury - who knows?

better days
09-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm having trouble figuring TB's wr moves. CIN -to the yowls of the fan base - cut rookie Dez Briscoe, thinking he would clear waivers and end up on their PS. TB grabbed him, and he got 16 games, starting two of them, with 35 receptions for 387 yards and six touchdowns. Then they cut him this year - he's with WAS now. Undisclosed injury - who knows?

The Bucs have a new HC this year & he wants to bring in players he knows/ that fit his system.

stuckincincy
09-20-2012, 05:44 PM
The Bucs have a new HC this year & he wants to bring in players he knows/ that fit his system.

Thanks. Not sure that's the best way to go, but it happens all the time - Football and elsewhere.

better days
09-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks. Not sure that's the best way to go, but it happens all the time - Football and elsewhere.

Agreed

TigerJ
09-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Ruvell Martin is out this week, but his greatest value to the Bills is as a gunner on punt coverage plays. It sounds like Preppy Parker would give the Bills nothing in that respect. If Buffalo did sign someone in the near term, I suspect it would be someone who could fill Martin's role in punt coverage, then Martin might get cut.

gebobs
09-20-2012, 08:39 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Preston? Is that you?