• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Marrone Resume

Per the SU website: http://suathletics.com/coaches.aspx?...&path=football

I must say I was underwhelmed when I saw him on the list of candidates, but it seems that he was a very hot candidate. The Browns apparently liked him a lot (two interviews), he was scheduled to interview with he Eagles, and the Bears and Chargers were also apparently interested ( http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories...cture-1.362859)
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
    • Jan 2010

Re: Marrone Resume

glad its a young coach with ties to parcells... so, i guess we will see

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

LOL

The Browns liked hm, eh. Is that supposed to be an endorsement?

What's next, the Raiders were strongly looking at Marrone and we beat them out too.

I was waiting for the comedy to begin. Next is how the team knows what they're doing and we need to trust them because they're experts.

LOL

The guy had an OK season in a second-rate NCAA conference, big deal. The last time he did that, 2010, he went 5-7 a year later.

He was 25-25 at SU. He apparently didn't even call the plays on offense in NO. He was the OC.

I can't wait to see what "respected" coordinators want to play under him. I'm expecting the next pair of Curtis Modkins's.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Its all about the supporting staff, IMO. Gailey might still be in Buffalo had he brought in a decent DC. A mid-range defense would have had this team in the playoffs this year and last. It still doesn't excuse his idiotic tom foolery with the clock and Spiller, but his choices in DC were pathetic.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
          • Jan 2010

what kind of d did he run in cuse?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
            LOL

What's next, the Raiders were strongly looking at Marrone and we beat them out too.

I was waiting for the comedy to begin. Next is how the team knows what they're doing and we need to trust them because they're experts.

LOL

The guy had an OK season in a second-rate NCAA conference, big deal. The last time he did that, 2010, he went 5-7 a year later.

He was 25-25 at SU. He apparently didn't even call the plays on offense in NO. He was the OC.

I can't wait to see what "respected" coordinators want to play under him. I'm expecting the next pair of Curtis Modkins's.

My post wasn't endorsing him. But if you want to take it that way, read the whole post and you may note that the Browns weren't the only other team interested. The eagles had an interview scheduled, and the Bears and Chargers were also reportedly interested.

My point is, 5 of the 7 teams with HC openings were interested. That takes this out of the random hire category in which the Bills have been known to frequent. There's something to the safety in numbers thing - given our front office's track record, it's good to see that a broad range of football people thought Marrone was worth pursuing.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post
              glad its a young coach with ties to parcells... so, i guess we will see
              Exactly. To me he's got a big upside but is still not a fully known quantity. He's not universally popular at Syracuse. Brought the program back to respectability and is coming off a bowl blowout of W.Va and Geno Smith, but he's had four years and best they have been is 8-5. Hard to say how much credit to give him given Syracuse's dearth of talent.

I think I still would have preferred Lovie Smith with a big name OC. But I feel about the same about this as I would have about Chip Kelly (stronger college track record, but gimmicky offense that might not translate and no NFL experience), and much better than if we'd signed a retread HC like Wisenhunt. was not sold on McCoy etc., as I prefer someone with HC experience at some level.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Hope he's up to the task about outsmarting BB
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                  LOL

LOL

I mean, when you have guys like Parcells and Sean Payton singing your praises, I'd rather trust Fletch. Said nobody ever. Love the hire!
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

He was endorsed and hired by Sean Peyton who he was OC under for three years.

He knows how to run a balanced backfield.

Has history developing QB in Nassib.

Its not a deep resume but it's a better one than given credit.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

....and Chan had Cowher singing his praises.

....and Dick had Holmgren singing his praises.

....and oh **** it!

Comment

• dannyek71
                        Drink Responsibly
                        • Dec 2004

I'd rather had Chip. As an SU fan, I am sad to see him leave the school. So I guess this means we will reach for Nassib?
                        [

Comment

• mush69
                          • Jan 2003

When marrone took over the SU football program I was really excited. For years we said ya can't spell suck without SU. He righted that ship in just a short tenure there and while they do have room to improve and the program will be in the ACC next year they are on the right path.

Lets hope that Marrone can do they same with our Bills, I do not expect imediate success but do feel this is a good hire for Buffalo.

Dougie Time
                          Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• bills_7
                            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                            • Mar 2004

Marrone from the bronx, im guessing he has Italian background which means there is a great chance he will be a winner!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71 View Post
                              I'd rather had Chip. As an SU fan, I am sad to see him leave the school. So I guess this means we will reach for Nassib?
                              Not Nix/Whaley style to do that.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X