PDA

View Full Version : What if...

ELAYAS
04-24-2013, 07:48 PM
...we don't take any QB's in this draft?

How would you feel about it?
For the sake of this evaluation, let's say we pick Dion Jordan in the first (he is available on Mayock's and DraftBoy's mock drafts) and the best available WR in the second (this one is trickier, I don't know who, but going by the 2 mocks mentioned before, I think could be any of the following: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, depending on how the top of the second round falls and I seriously have no idea).

Also, what do you think are the odds of that (taking no QB's) happening?

Novacane
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
zero chance imo.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 07:51 PM
100% not happening.

SpikedLemonade
Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found a QB in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.

Pinkerton Security
I'm honestly fine with no QB this draft, but only if we get a rock-solid guy at #8. We arent gonna be great whether we get a QB at 8 or not, so I'd rather go with the best player available.

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found one in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.

I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one", but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out? This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

For the record I would like to take either Smith, Barkley, Nassib or Manuel (ranging from Rounds 1 to 3) but if they dont feel any of these QBs are going to succeed, I'm going to have to defer to their opinion.

clumping platelets
04-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Why not give Kolb every chance to succeed? Build up the OL and weapons.......draft a QB if it makes sense (i.e. Barkley at #41 is an example) but do not force a QB selection....this is why I want Warmack at #8

Novacane
04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one", but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out? This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

For the record I would like to take either Smith, Barkley, Nassib or Manuel (ranging from Rounds 1 to 3) but if they dont feel any of these QBs are going to succeed, I'm going to have to defer to their opinion.

Nix has already said he thinks there are 2 or 3 QB that could be franchise QB.

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Nix has already said he thinks there are 2 or 3 QB that could be franchise QB.

That doesnt mean he's willing to take one at our given picks, or that they are available at a reasonable spot when our pick is up

Novacane
04-24-2013, 08:02 PM
That doesnt mean he's willing to take one at our given picks, or that they are available at a reasonable spot when our pick is up

A franchise QB is worth #8. He either lied or is taking a QB at 8 imo.

ELAYAS
04-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Could be Warmack too in the first. Then I guess we would go a combination of WR/LB/TE with the next two picks.

I went with Jordan because it's draft's eve and suddenly he's slipping to #8, plus I have a "feeling" we won't invest picks on the OL this draft.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Why not give Kolb every chance to succeed? Build up the OL and weapons.......draft a QB if it makes sense (i.e. Barkley at #41 is an example) but do not force a QB selection....this is why I want Warmack at #8

Warmack may not be ready by training camp. No thanks.

clumping platelets
04-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Warmack may not be ready by training camp. No thanks.

Not heard any problems about Warmack............Milliner may not be ready for TC

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 08:41 PM
I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one",
but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out? This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

qbs are the hardest position to evaluate, hell i remeber people saying leaf would be awesome and manning would bust.... this argument comes with the presupposition that all qbs will fail. with the way the nfl is, and the complete toss up as to which of these qbs will pan out, you almost have to take one, every year in the 1st 3 rnds if you dont have a franchise qb..... even if you have brady, you should take a qb every 2-3 years late in the draft, the postion is that important.... i dont even understand how one could say this.

at an absolute minimum, we need to take a qb rd 2... i mean wtf

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 08:44 PM

i see the warmack pick, possibly the next will shields, and giving us dominant early 90s oline. but we must take a qb rd 2.

personally, i want geno, barkley or ej

i really want barkley or ej at 8

Don't Panic
04-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't want to reach and I'm not interested in trading up, so the distinct possibility exists that a guy we wanted isn't there in the 1st or 2nd. That said, there should be one there in the 3rd or 4th, but the odds of them making it as a starter go down greatly. So long as we go into the draft with a "don't force on a need" approach I think we'll be just fine, even if it means not drafting a QB.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Even if there is some kind of crazy run on QBs and we miss the top tier guys, we absolutely must take a late rounder to roll the dice on. Matt Scott, Zac Dysert, etc.

kingJofNYC
04-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Even if there is some kind of crazy run on QBs and we miss the top tier guys, we absolutely must take a late rounder to roll the dice on. Matt Scott, Zac Dysert, etc.
I think Dysert make go higher than some think, same with Scott. Maybe even the bottom of day two, can see a day three team with a high pick swapping picks.

Think they'll take a QB no question, don't want them to force the issue however. They better be right if they take one early, make or break decision for this org/staff.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-25-2013, 01:27 AM
I think Dysert make go higher than some think, same with Scott. Maybe even the bottom of day two, can see a day three team with a high pick swapping picks.

Think they'll take a QB no question, don't want them to force the issue however. They better be right if they take one early, make or break decision for this org/staff.

i dont think its that big a deal if they take a qb rd 2, or even rd 3 and that qb busts. either way, a 2nd rd qb wont play for 2 years, assuming kolb can stay healthy....

sukie
04-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found a QB in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.

HAHA.

As far as Warmack... Is he THAT superior to Levitre that the Bills refused to pay to retain?

Historian
04-25-2013, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't be dissapointed, but then you have to wonder...at what point does this franchise seriously decide to start rebuilding?

Takes time to groom a pro QB.

better days
04-25-2013, 07:45 AM

Jerry Sullivan said it.............................There are no FRANCHISE Left Guards. STUPID to draft a guard in the top 10.

sukie
04-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Jerry Sullivan said it.............................There are no FRANCHISE Left Guards. STUPID to draft a guard in the top 10.\

I so agree.

trapezeus
04-25-2013, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't be dissapointed, but then you have to wonder...at what point does this franchise seriously decide to start rebuilding?

Takes time to groom a pro QB.

but an average qb can do damage if the rest of the team is ok. if you draft a qb to be mediocre, he needs a good team around him to be useful. the bills don't have that team right now.

and they have 53 guys who aren't familiar with the ins and outs of this new coach. so it's probably better to get all positions taking time this season to learn and become acquainted with system, then taking one high profile guy and asking him to turn the whole team around. there is no doubt in my mind the bills iwll be picking top 5 next year.

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 08:17 AM
If you want to give the Qb a better chance to succeed , get him more weapons. Levtire did nothing for Fitz so I don't think Warmack will do anything for Kolb either. Grab OL in later rounds.

PTI
04-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Well..................Bridgewater, Murray, Boyd.................next year will have 3 in the top 10, I am sure there will be some others

ELAYAS
04-25-2013, 12:43 PM
If we pick Austin first and can't move back into the first round, there's a (good?) chance no QB worth our second will be available (Geno, Barkley, Nassib and Manuel could all be gone by then). Then we go after LB/TE?

How would the FO look in your eyes?

I don't know how to feel about Austin, but every "expert" is saying he is so good, it seems like a solid pick in the first.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I'd be shocked to not see us take a QB at some point this weekend.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was not today or tomorrow though.

ELAYAS
04-25-2013, 12:56 PM
I'd be shocked to not see us take a QB at some point this weekend.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was not today or tomorrow though.

Then, which QB's are rated as 4th rounders or lower?

And what would be realistic to expect from these guys (starting right away, sitting half a season, sitting a year)?

X-Era
04-25-2013, 12:58 PM
I can never go 100% not happening but I'l go with 99.999% not happening.

ELAYAS
04-25-2013, 01:10 PM

And what would be realistic to expect from these guys (starting right away, sitting half a season, sitting a year)?

Just read this:
"Miami (Ohio) quarterback Zac Dysert (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/zac-dysert?id=2539258) is expected to be drafted around the fourth round, according to Mayock. Oklahoma's Landry Jones (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/landry-jones?id=2539287) also was mentioned as a fourth-rounder."
(source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161115/article/what-we-learned-from-mike-mayocks-conference-call)

But I have no clue about the knocks on these two, nor their upside.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 01:20 PM

You mentioned two of them, although Landry's stock is apparently rising.

They'd be developmental type guys who likely would never play outside of preseason, tbh.

But our QB situation isn't exactly solid so you bring in a new arm to compete.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2013, 03:08 PM
If you want to give the Qb a better chance to succeed , get him more weapons. Levtire did nothing for Fitz so I don't think Warmack will do anything for Kolb either. Grab OL in later rounds.

Fitz was one of the least-sacked QBs over the last three years. Levitre absolutely helped Fitz. Fitz was just THAT bad.